Carta Does It AllCarta is being used as our internal Employee Stock Option software for all employees who currently have Employee Stock Options across our entire organization. Rather than needing to complete tons of manual paperwork every time my ESOs vest, I can easily login to Carta and locate all of the paperwork I need including reminders of how I filled it out last time.,Well Constructed UI - One of the most important things for any software I use is how well constructed is the UI. In Carta, the icons are clearly visible and understood intuitively. Certificates can be clicked on to display all relevant ESO information. Issue dates, share amounts, cash cost are all front and center for easy visual consumption. This has the side effect of making Carta easy to use, which is something that all web app software should try and do. Ease of access - Getting started with Carta was really easy (also helped that our HR department sends you an email with ESO info if that is part of your employment contract). Once things got going, I really only needed to login to Carta once every vesting cycle to review my available shares and make a purchase. No Nonsense - The concept behind no nonsense is a little more art than science. Carta tackles one thing; ESO solutions. It does not attempt to beat around the bush with other features or ideas that might be secondary or tertiary to their primary focus. Instead, they only work towards building and supporting ancillary features and interface choices. Help Center - Seriously. Well. Done. Carta has an ENORMOUS database of articles and help documentation. Just about anything you could want or need help on is right there. Two Factor Authentication - Just when you thought you were safe from thing sin the world, EQUIFAX gets breached. Fortunately, Carta has wisely considered the advantages of 2FA and enabled it!,With all of the time I've spent poking around, learning, and utilizing Carta, I can confidently say that nothing stands out as needing glaring improvement or attention. I usually have more to say when it comes to this type of feedback, but find myself sorely lacking.,9,Since I do not handle financials directly, this is more difficult to speak towards with confidence. My best guess is that it has reduced a lot of the manual paperwork processes that would otherwise occupy the ESO space, which allows for folks to spend their time doing other things for the company.,,Slack, UberConference, JIRA Software, Google Drive, GuruCarta!The company I work for currently utilizes Carta to manage our company shares vesting sequences. It tracks the maturity of your vested shares as well as our strike pricing. Carta has seemed to take care of the needs thus far of managing our employee stock options thus far. It's better than having to do everything in a non-digital medium.,Carta tracks my vesting schedule. Carta allows for me to know how many shares I have. Carta is unintrusive. They don't spam me with notifications.,Their live chat team takes a while to respond. They could improve their response times. Their support team is okay...,8,We have a solution for employee stock options that is completely cloud-based. We can easily see vesting schedules. I can only assume this product helps out our HR team greatly in setting stock option expectations.,Namely, Asana, Loom Systems
Carta (formerly eShares)

Carta (formerly eShares) Reviews

Carta (formerly eShares)
Filter 3 vetted Carta (formerly eShares) reviews and ratings
Harrison Bond profile photo
December 20, 2017

Carta (formerly eShares) Review: "Carta Does It All"

• Well Constructed UI - One of the most important things for any software I use is how well constructed is the UI. In Carta, the icons are clearly visible and understood intuitively. Certificates can be clicked on to display all relevant ESO information. Issue dates, share amounts, cash cost are all front and center for easy visual consumption. This has the side effect of making Carta easy to use, which is something that all web app software should try and do.
  • Ease of access - Getting started with Carta was really easy (also helped that our HR department sends you an email with ESO info if that is part of your employment contract). Once things got going, I really only needed to login to Carta once every vesting cycle to review my available shares and make a purchase.
  • No Nonsense - The concept behind no nonsense is a little more art than science. Carta tackles one thing; ESO solutions. It does not attempt to beat around the bush with other features or ideas that might be secondary or tertiary to their primary focus. Instead, they only work towards building and supporting ancillary features and interface choices.
  • Help Center - Seriously. Well. Done. Carta has an ENORMOUS database of articles and help documentation. Just about anything you could want or need help on is right there.
  • Two Factor Authentication - Just when you thought you were safe from thing sin the world, EQUIFAX gets breached. Fortunately, Carta has wisely considered the advantages of 2FA and enabled it!
  • With all of the time I've spent poking around, learning, and utilizing Carta, I can confidently say that nothing stands out as needing glaring improvement or attention. I usually have more to say when it comes to this type of feedback, but find myself sorely lacking.
Not everyone in the organization is offered ESO, so Carta would be unnecessary for those employees. That's the only use case where Carta credentials would be wildly inappropriate.
Read Harrison Bond's full review
January 04, 2018

Carta (formerly eShares) Review: "Carta!"

• Carta tracks my vesting schedule.
  • Carta allows for me to know how many shares I have.
  • Carta is unintrusive. They don't spam me with notifications.
  • Their live chat team takes a while to respond. They could improve their response times.
  • Their support team is okay...
Carta has been sufficient so far. It seems pretty easy to use and our team has very little problems thus far. I would like to see an improved live chat response time. I'm still waiting for a response. Regardless, the experience has been satisfactory. Vesting schedules appear to be working properly.

Carta (formerly eShares) Scorecard Summary

About Carta (formerly eShares)

Carta (formerly eShares) is cloud software that allows private companies to manage and interact with their share- and optionholders. Accoding to the vendor, companies can easily issue stock certificates individually or in bulk, and shareholders can receive and view their shareholdings across all private companies on one screen.

Carta (formerly eShares) Technical Details