Evernote Reviews

page V | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 10, 2020

Evernote: A digital notebook for productivity

Alternatives Considered

We migrated to Evernote whenever our office started using macs. The user functionality was roughly the same - and we found it easy to understand and use.

We use Notion.so more frequently now - this allows our office to have an internal hub, a place for journal entries/lists/ and media. It's more visually driven and organized (for creatives that have a visual memory), and the search function is easier to use. Overall, as a team, we're getting more functionality out of Notion.so, but we still appreciate Evernote for its usage as well.
Read page V's full review
February 15, 2020

Evernote is a cloud-based notebook organizer that helps you to never forget key pieces of information again!

Alternatives Considered

I've only used Notepad for taking notes and Asana for to-do lists. Notepad was ineffective because I had to go to the folder which I kept each of the different customers' files, and I couldn't be able to attach images in them. Asana is good for to-do lists for my purposes, but it's not like a notebook.
Aaron Ye | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 17, 2020

You should start using this!

Alternatives Considered

Overall visibility and control are there. The ability to collaborate is important and key. We used to use MS OneNote but had a lot of issues with tracking. And hence when we evaluated Evernote as well, the whole perspective of notes changed.
Read Aaron Ye's full review
Tanner Holt | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 28, 2019

Evernote Review

Alternatives Considered

I used Evernote because of the mobile app features. It has a great easy to use platform and can be used on a variety of devices and it syncs with all of them. It is a lot better than a workbook, and I like being able to save documents and items I want or need to review later, without having it in my email or in places where I get distracted so easily.
Read Tanner Holt's full review
Prathamesh Warude | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 26, 2019

Evernote is the best productivity app but at a hefty price!!!

Alternatives Considered

Evernote has an easy user interface than OneNote. However, a major plus point of OneNote is that it is completely free for all the users and can be synced with more number of devices than OneNote. Still, OneNote misses major features like web clipping which is widely used by me to clip interesting web content.
Read Prathamesh Warude's full review
Justin McClelland | TrustRadius Reviewer
September 04, 2019

Evernote is a GAME-CHANGER that will organize your business

Alternatives Considered

We use Google Drive in addition to Evernote. The most comparable product within that suite would be Google Docs. Evernote is better than Docs as it has more of a full plethora of features that allow for notes to be rich with content. Evernote is also great to start a note on your iPhone and then pick up from where you left off on your desktop computer.
Read Justin McClelland's full review
Joel McAfee | TrustRadius Reviewer
August 28, 2019

Evernote: An All-In Note Making App for the Digital Age

Alternatives Considered

Compared to the other applications I've used to make notes, Evernote has more built-in features and versatility made specifically for making notes and organizing them. Rather than using documents and keeping up with your finder organization, you can do that all within one app. Better tools for specific purposes allow for better efficiency. I would say there are few apps out there with as much bang for the buck when it comes to note-making.
Read Joel McAfee's full review
November 11, 2019

9/10 Overall. Best collaborative platform-independent note-taking app out there!

Alternatives Considered

I've used Bear and Apple's default Notes app pretty extensively. Neither are as polished or have the feature set that Evernote does specific to teams and collaboration. I believe this is intentional on both sides, but a notable difference to be sure.
October 18, 2019

Never forget another idea!

Alternatives Considered

Eleven years ago, nothing stacked up to Evernote and it's capabilities. I did test out OneNote a few times since it's inception but have never really liked the software. Microsoft's OneNote interface is far too large and bulky for my low-resolution TabletPC. OneNote's interface takes up almost half the screen real estate with wasted space between buttons and lists. While Evernote provides several different views including an extremely compact view showing me more notes and less colorful buttons. Microsoft's color scheme also feels less professional than the green/black color scheme Evernote utilizes. Additional, I feel that Evernote's Ink-Notes feature is more advanced and capable than OneNote's "Ink" feature.
October 24, 2019

Evernote elevates note taking and file organization

Alternatives Considered

Evernote and OneNote are two platforms I use interchangeably for note taking and organization. OneNote is great for Microsoft users and department-wide communication and file sharing. I prefer using Evernote for quick note taking and meeting jotting during phone calls in particular due to the easy format. Both have pros and cons.
October 23, 2019

Evernote is an amazing program, but has a couple drawbacks

Alternatives Considered

While not apples for apples, both Google Drive and Wunderlist have similarities to Evernote. Google Drive does an equally good job at storing and share files while Wunderlist makes is super easy to make lists. Both Google Drive and Wunderlist are searchable, but neither are able to search at the granular level that Evernote can. One of the other primary reasons we started using Evernote was the ability to take notes during a meeting, scan or snap a photo of those notes, and then later be able to search for them by keywords we may have written on that notepad that day. This is can not be achieved in Google Drive or Wunderlist.
October 18, 2019

Anatomy of Evernote

Alternatives Considered

Evernote is a very simple collaboration tool. It was first in the market and provided a great cross-platform solution to share notes. However, other tools like OneNote, Slack, Dropbox, and Box provided easier solutions. Evernote could not keep up with the trends and innovation. Bundling other features like chat and emails would definitely help.
September 10, 2019

Evernote can save time for every business!

Alternatives Considered

Google Drive is what I used to use for note-taking. It was good because it has good collaboration, but it is not nearly as organized, and it not aesthetic. Evernote is also better on mobile devices. I would use Evernote because it takes care of most of the organization.
September 10, 2019

Evernote has saved my bacon more than once!

Alternatives Considered

Box was too expensive for the features. OneDrive and iCloud are catching up but have limited storage and no Web Clipping function nor internal document search. SugarSync was more of a backup solution than an indexing tool.
August 28, 2019

Evernote Review

Alternatives Considered

Evernote is not a great cloud drive or to-do list tool. However, Evernote allows one to organize resources in a way none of the other tools do. I can search in Evernote based on tags which is something I cannot do in a cloud drive (at least not that I know). This is important for problem-solving where I may need materials related to the subject that are categorized in another folder. Honestly, Evernote tags are amazing.
Paul Weber | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 21, 2018

A digital black hole - until you need it!

Alternatives Considered

As hard as it was to get Evernote set up to my liking until I took a course, I felt like OneNote allowed too much freedom. It aspired to be a true digital notebook, letting you place text and images wherever you want on a page. I prefer more structure, so Evernote felt right to me.
Read Paul Weber's full review
Mark Cruver, M. Ed. CSA, CEP | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 11, 2018

Organizing Every Note with Evernote

Alternatives Considered

I've only used Evernote and feel confident in the functionality and performance. I've never had the need to look anywhere else and think Evernote is far more supreme to other options offering similar features. It's worth taking a look at it, weighing it against your business needs and going for a test drive.
Read Mark Cruver, M. Ed. CSA, CEP's full review
Hope Cutchins | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 10, 2018

Evernote is great for professional and personal notes!

Alternatives Considered

I find it easier to use Evernote than Google Drive on my phone, so it's helpful for making notes on the go, both for work and personally. The one feature of Google Drive that I wish Evernote had is simultaneous editing.
Read Hope Cutchins's full review

Document collaboration (47)
Access control (43)
File search (49)
Device sync (47)
User and role management (36)
File organization (48)
Device management (41)
Performance (47)
Reliability (48)
Storage Reports (32)

About Evernote

Evernote is a suite of software and services designed for notetaking and archiving. A "note" can be a piece of formatted text, a full webpage or webpage excerpt, a photograph, a voice memo, or a handwritten "ink" note. Notes can also have file attachments. Notes can be sorted into folders, then tagged, annotated, edited, given comments, searched and exported as part of a notebook. Evernote supports a number of operating system platforms (including OS X, iOS, Chrome OS, Android, Microsoft Windows, Windows Phone, BlackBerry, and webOS) and also offers online synchronisation and backup services.

Evernote Integrations