Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Evolve IP Unified Communications, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
Evolve IP’s cloud IP Phone systems are designed to help businesses move away from having to manage carriers, hardware and vendors by providing an enterprise quality hosted PBX with advanced unified communications features and world-class voice quality to any user, in any location, for a low, predictable monthly fee. The vendor’s value proposition is that their solution will help companies attain cost savings, mobility, flexibility, control and quality that is crucial to their success.
According to the vendor, by leveraging Evolve IP’s unique carrier access cloud, or the user’s existing Internet connections, businesses can enjoy the flexibility of hosted VoIP services with the quality and control of on-site equipment – eliminating maintenance headaches and increasing up-time.
- Supported: Advanced ACD Routing Policies
- Supported: Agent and Supervisor Features
- Supported: Scalability and Capacity
- Supported: Unlimited usage and DID
- Supported: Polycom VVX HD handsets Included
- Supported: PX, MAC, Google and Mobile integration
- Supported: Unified Messaging
- Supported: Skype for Business, MS Lync, Google Apps and CRM Integration
- Supported: Instant Messaging and Presence (IM&P), Video, Desktop Sharing
- Supported: International Options
- Supported: Built-in disaster recovery/business continuity features
- Supported: Monitored and managed 24x7
- On Premise Providers
- Other BroadSoft Service Providers
- Other Cloud Service Providers
- For UC calls, it works fine for the most part. Making and taking calls using a physical Polycom phone works fine.
- It is pretty reliable as a service. We use an Edgewater device on our network to apply quality of service to the phone and prioritize that network traffic. Even the remote usage seems to work fine.
- There are so many ways they need to improve. I can't list them all.
- First off, their tech support is the worst I've ever seen. They generally break something on at least half the tickets we submit. New accounts always have some kind of issue and it is amazing when one works 100%. Response times were terrible too. It could take 2-8 days just to get a new account setup.
- Reporting is inaccurate. Even trying to get it configured with their support team was a hassle and didn't work and wasn't even our data.
- Billing had mistakes often and there could be 3 SKUs for the same item. Same item number, description has the same words in a different order.
- Admin features are lacking. We can't even change the physical phone on an account. We can't create new accounts. Very limited options.
- The admin portal info is inaccurate. Some accounts show no phone associated even though they have one that is working on their account.
- There are times that randomly something stops working and not even the tier 1 support can fix it - a checkbox could "uncheck" itself magically and neither we nor the tier 1 tech can check the box again.
- When we ask to have licenses removed, they don't remove all the licenses. Then, when we re-use that DID (which is what the account is tied to) for a new user, the license applies to them - for instance, call recording. And we didn't ask for call recording on that new user.
- UC-One crashes all the time. It frustrates our users and has a few commonly seen issues.
1. Your company isn't growing and your users never leave the company.
2. You don't have to call support or make edits to the admin portal.
3. Don't need reporting.
4. Only use a physical phone to make/receive calls.
5. Do not plan to use a softphone or call center system.
6. Enjoy systems or people that frustrate you.
- One pane of glass to manage multiple sites
- Zero upfront cost of ownership
- Flexibility in configuration
- Better reporting system more of a GUI for creating reports
- More device selections
- More included features in the more expensive monthly service offering
- EvolveIP has excellent customer service. Their support personnel are very knowledgeable and response time is excellent.
- The quality of the service that EvolveIP provides has been a big plus for us. Uptime has been at a very high level over the years that we've been with them and we have never had any issues with call quality.
- The Phone System product is just a part of the stable of products that EvolveIP offers and they seem to be constantly finding new ways to innovate within the communications space in terms of offerings for UC, integration with our CRM platform, etc.
- I'd like to see them build out API functionality for reporting off of call data within the organization. They have a Call Center product that seems to include a fairly robust reporting module, but it would be nice to be able to do some more of this within the standard Phone System product as well.
- Unified Communications
- Centralized management of a distributed phone system
- User UI