Reviews (1-2 of 2)
June 06, 2018
Score 8 out of 10
We use the EX13000E series as backup targets for Veeam backups. We have three appliances clustered at each site with two sites, for a total of 39 TB of space per site.
- Its landing space allows for extremely fast data ingestion.
- Its compression and de-duplication algorithms make it very efficient.
- ExaGrid support is excellent; I check in with my dedicated account rep twice a year, and they make sure my hardware is up to date. They take care of all software upgrades for me.
- I don't have much to add here. Overall, it has been a solid purchase for us.
Read Shawn Umansky's full review
If you have a need for a high performance backup target that can ingest a large amount of data on the front end, then process it later. If you use Veeam, the two work very well together.
January 30, 2018
Score 9 out of 10
Exagrid EX series is currently being used by our IT department to address the issue of storing backups. We use it to store backups that are a month or older before they are eventually moved to AWS. Exagrid helps us use virtual backups and by using a combination of Veeam,Exagrid, and Glacier, we have completely eliminated tapes and reduced overall coats and in the process increased efficiency which was generally a problem with the traditional tape backup.
- Dedupes and compresses data extremely well. We have a total of 100 TB that seems like a PB for our use case.
- Provides a cifs share platform if that is one of your needs.
- We deployed a physical appliance un our DC that provides us 100TB of storage. It is easily scalable and easy to use.
- Technical support helps you with the upgrade process in case of new release and they are very knowledgeable.
- GUI is easy to use and the product requires no learning curve.
- Helped us eliminate traditional tape backups which were not reliable and took longer for the backup and recovery process.
- Very quick and easy recovery in case of a DR scenario compared to other backup solutions.
Read this authenticated review
It is well suited for all sized environments especially if you are currently using tape backups. Provides a very easy to use GUI amd their support is outstanding.