The Exagrid EX Series offers a storage solution with deduplication.https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/2J/Vz/G4ITOX124D92.jpegReview of ExaGrid EX13000E series backup target applianceWe use the EX13000E series as backup targets for Veeam backups. We have three appliances clustered at each site with two sites, for a total of 39 TB of space per site.,Its landing space allows for extremely fast data ingestion. Its compression and de-duplication algorithms make it very efficient. ExaGrid support is excellent; I check in with my dedicated account rep twice a year, and they make sure my hardware is up to date. They take care of all software upgrades for me.,I don't have much to add here. Overall, it has been a solid purchase for us.,8,The exemplary support means I have been able to free up my valuable time to focus on other things. I rarely have to think about the product, which means it is doing its job.,Nutanix, Nutanix PrismA backup solution that is cheap and reliableExagrid EX series is currently being used by our IT department to address the issue of storing backups. We use it to store backups that are a month or older before they are eventually moved to AWS. Exagrid helps us use virtual backups and by using a combination of Veeam,Exagrid, and Glacier, we have completely eliminated tapes and reduced overall coats and in the process increased efficiency which was generally a problem with the traditional tape backup.,Dedupes and compresses data extremely well. We have a total of 100 TB that seems like a PB for our use case. Provides a cifs share platform if that is one of your needs. We deployed a physical appliance un our DC that provides us 100TB of storage. It is easily scalable and easy to use. Technical support helps you with the upgrade process in case of new release and they are very knowledgeable. GUI is easy to use and the product requires no learning curve.,Helped us eliminate traditional tape backups which were not reliable and took longer for the backup and recovery process. Very quick and easy recovery in case of a DR scenario compared to other backup solutions. Cost-effective.,9,Having a virtual/physical appliance is a downside especially for small/mid-scale organizations who want to migrate to the cloud. Pays for itself over time as it is very reliable and elimates the need of tape.,Symantec Backup Exec,Veeam Backup & Replication, Amazon Glacier
Exagrid EX Series

Exagrid EX Series Reviews

Exagrid EX Series
Filter 4 vetted Exagrid EX Series reviews and ratings
Shawn Umansky profile photo
June 06, 2018

Exagrid EX Series: "Review of ExaGrid EX13000E series backup target appliance"

• Its landing space allows for extremely fast data ingestion.
  • Its compression and de-duplication algorithms make it very efficient.
  • ExaGrid support is excellent; I check in with my dedicated account rep twice a year, and they make sure my hardware is up to date. They take care of all software upgrades for me.
  • I don't have much to add here. Overall, it has been a solid purchase for us.
If you have a need for a high performance backup target that can ingest a large amount of data on the front end, then process it later. If you use Veeam, the two work very well together.
Read Shawn Umansky's full review
January 30, 2018

Exagrid EX Series Review: "A backup solution that is cheap and reliable"

• Dedupes and compresses data extremely well. We have a total of 100 TB that seems like a PB for our use case.
  • Provides a cifs share platform if that is one of your needs.
  • We deployed a physical appliance un our DC that provides us 100TB of storage. It is easily scalable and easy to use.
  • Technical support helps you with the upgrade process in case of new release and they are very knowledgeable.
  • GUI is easy to use and the product requires no learning curve.
  • Helped us eliminate traditional tape backups which were not reliable and took longer for the backup and recovery process.
  • Very quick and easy recovery in case of a DR scenario compared to other backup solutions.
  • Cost-effective.
It is well suited for all sized environments especially if you are currently using tape backups. Provides a very easy to use GUI amd their support is outstanding.

Exagrid EX Series Scorecard Summary

About Exagrid EX Series

The Exagrid EX Series offers a storage solution with deduplication.

Exagrid EX Series Technical Details