EXCEL4APPS

October 05, 2021

Excel4apps Review

July 22, 2021

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Excel4apps, and make your voice heard!

What is Excel4apps?

2 people want pricing too

What is Microsoft Power BI?

Microsoft Power BI is a visualization and data discovery tool from Microsoft. It allows users to convert data into visuals and graphics, visually explore and analyze data, collaborate on interactive dashboards and reports, and scale across their organization with built-in governance and security.

What is Microsoft BI (MSBI)?

Microsoft BI is a business intelligence product used for data analysis and generating reports on server-based data. It features unlimited data analysis capacity with its reporting engine, SQL Server Reporting Services alongside ETL, master data management, and data cleansing.

What is Excel4apps?

Excel4apps is a business intelligence software offering from Excel4apps.

Reviewers rate Formatting capabilities highest, with a score of 9.3.

The most common users of Excel4apps are from Enterprises (1,001+ employees) and the Computer Software industry.

October 05, 2021

EXCEL4APPS

Randi Yeaman | TrustRadius Reviewer
[Excel4apps] is used throughout out company. I personally use it with my lab and my results calculations, pricing for proposals, and is our typical format for creation of forms and templates. I love the easy formatting and calculations we can use to create the multiple documents/calculations that we need to have.

Would recommend this software 100% for any type of business. Once you are familiar with it, it can be easily used for any reason.
  • Automated Calculations
  • Tables
  • Forms
  • Instead of popping up an error for incorrect calcs used, pop up the most reasonable solution to the calculation equation
We have to calculate most all Lab / Pilot / Proposals sizing and results. The automated calculations in [Excel4apps] is awesome, as once you are familiar with them, it is easy to quickly implement them when needed.
I have not needed support yet
Used mainly by finance department but also by other analysts across the organization.
It is mainly used to retrieve financial data.
  • Retrieve data for financial reports (template or manual set report in excel)
  • To drill down into journal entries for detail analysis
  • To distinguish the input of different type of entries and by different users
  • It is possible but difficult to retrieve data or set criteria from different module into a single report or retrieve. If it is more user friendly instead of having to create a complex formula to retrieve the data, this function will be utilized more often.
  • It will be nice to have visual (graphs, etc.) report template available
  • It is helpful if we can retrieve data for a range of date, instead of just YTD, PTD etc. and multi-year data all at once for comparison too.
It is wonderful for analysing since you can easily drill down to the level of detail you want for the data. It is also very helpful for monthly reporting with the preset report and you can create your own standardized report too. As long as you set up the data retrieve formula properly, you can retrieve different year, budget and forecast data from the system easily by changing a few criteria. It is more data driven so it is less appropriate for management who are looking for visual and summarized reports.
I didn't really need much support as it is very user friendly. The initial implementation and training is useful enough for me to start exploring it myself. Some of the technical issues I experienced in the past are usually resolved in a timely manner and it didn't impact my work.
July 22, 2021

Excel4apps Review

We use Excel4apps locally on our team. We started using the tool to help us identify trends in feature usage data. It's been incredibly helpful to input a large amount of data and have the tool piece through the data. The tool also has been helpful to track team spending. Our team has a set budget each fiscal year to spend on a series of activities. The tool helps us keep up to date on how much was spent and the budget remaining.
  • Intuitive
  • Easy learning curve
  • Powerful solution
  • Customer support
I would rate a 7. This is because if you're tech-savvy, getting the tool set up and distributed across the team is quite easy. However, if you run into an issue, getting the right kind of support has been difficult. I would say the only improvement to the tool would be to have a handy FAQ available. Other than that, the benefits outweigh the cons of the software. The app is well suited for forecasting, cash management, profit /loss statements.
I would say getting in contact with support would be easier. I would love access to chat agents.
The product is being used by one of our Business Units in South America. It is a replacement product for Oracle's Web ADI that is used by other business units of the company. It is less complex to maintain and install than the Web ADI product and there is very little that needs to be done to keep it running.
  • Easy to install and maintain. After the initial installation, there is little involvement by the technical administrators.
  • Cloning production to a test environment does not require any additional setups unlike Oracle EBS which does.
  • Loading data and reporting on this data is handled via EXCEL spreadsheets which is the "language" of our financial users.
  • Really cannot think of anything I would have them do differently. It does not require any intervention by the data base or system administrators after initial installation which is quite easy and bug free.
It suited for data loads that can be handled via spreadsheets without much validation on the data base side of the application environment. I would not use this to load gigabytes of data but for operational use where key strokes can be reduced and errors minimized, it is fine. This replaces the need to key stroke in Oracle Forms.