Reviews (1-16 of 16)
- It is easy to use and install on any operating system. With a simple but elegant interface.
- The chat and file sharing functions are very effective.
- Status and activity updates, document sharing and administration tools work efficiently.
- The cloud platform allows users to easily share information and files, and collaborate on project work.
- Another benefit of this is that it makes mobile collaboration possible.
- It has a considerable learning curve.
- The initial adoption in a corporate environment implies integration with other applications, it has to improve this aspect.
This was the case of the video meeting, the events handling and schedulation, the chat feature, and others.
- Support from the eXo platform team for developers is very accurate
- Handling users is easy and complete
- Everything is very easy to start up
- From my point of view, I'd have added the multi-tenant support in order to handle, with the same application, more customers.
For example, it is especially suggested for an intranet application.
Less suggested, for example, if too many customizations are planned to be developed. It could be difficult to update some functions to the new releases' API or to change every customization in configuration files.
- Very good UI and Look and Feel
- Collaboration oriented
- Resource sharing between users is improved
- It's not so simple to create sub-sites
- User management is quite tricky
- Overall configuration is not easy
- I personally love the user-friendly interface. Often you find software which is difficult to learn, and not utilized as often as it should be because of this. With eXo Platform, the interface is easy to understand, and is not particularly challenging to new users and non-tech savvy individuals.
- It allows you to get work done, without feeling like using the platform is part of the actual work. It feels more like a natural system you would use in your leisure time to connect with friends and family, rather than a social intranet designed to facilitate employee communication and help you meet project deadlines.
- The cloud platform allows users to easily share information and files, and collaborate on project work. Another benefit to this is it makes mobile collaboration possible.
- There aren't really any areas I have discovered within eXo Platform that have been disappointing. I believe the company has done a wonderful job creating an intuitive, user-friendly product to assist organizations' overall communication and productivity.
- The private social intranet is a great tool for concentrating internal human capital.
- Spaces are a good tool for internal working groups or project teams.
- Status and activity updates, document sharing and management tools are great for enhancing communication and collaboration among company and group members.
- As the platform appears to be packed with features and functionality it may be a bit daunting at first to get used to it.
- The initial adoption in a corporate setting would involve a number of questions, such as integration with other applications, data migration and security and the optimum adoption road map in order to maximise the benefit from the platform.
- Intuitive interface and ease of use and understanding.
- Flexible to customize with good frameworks which are easy to manage.
- All in one solution for collaboration and to help go email less where all communication, assets, conversations are possible through one platform.
- Web Content management could be more flexible with additional portlets which can be used to create websites.
Chat could have a standalone version.
- I like the UI and the flexibility of the eXo platform
- Active community, I've got answers for all questions I've done at eXo forum
- You don't need touch any line of code to launch a social network;
- Server is too slow during start up.
- Open source (Community Edition)
- Document storage with revision history
- Ease of installation/administration
- Themes, or customization for the end user
- Mobile app would be awesome!
- It can be a bit slow at times.
- We are working for one of our clients who is developing social collaboration features with good UI and UX that eXo platform provides.Client also need more use of events and tasks for meetings . eXo platform provides its powerful calendar features to satisfy needs of client's requirements. eXo platform also provides powerful document and content management that satisfies the architecture of application.
- Blog engine is also very useful as It is being widely used for sharing ideas in our application.
- Chat application is loaded with fully functional features and high resources that are needed for chat.
- Chat Application is awesome with video conferencing features.
- Blog Extension is also good for writing blogs and sharing blogs with access and modify permission level.
- Custom extension to modify or override portal related changes
- Most of the configuration are XML based which is quite a good thing for initiators.
- Ajax call timing is more when creating space from eXo portal. Sometimes some UI portion was getting messed up in older version of eXo portal.
- Should have a good validations for e.g "There are no documents available in this folder" instead of blank when there are no documents available in document folder.
It is very well suited for social collaboration requirements. Also for Intranet based projects it is very well developed. Space is a good feature in eXo where we can invite the user and for sharing ideas via Space.
I would like to suggest a point for intranet of eXo. There should be signup option for new users and then Admin can make a call to approve them or not.
- eXo platform is easy to use and easy to install.
- eXo Platform is the first cloud-ready enterprise portal and user experience platform-as-a-service (UXPaaS) for building and deploying transactional websites.
- eXo Platform allows customers to take advantage of the benefits of cloud deployments
- The eXo Platform can not provide the more custom application for user, like DMS
- Maybe some official brochure is needed too
eXo Platform Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
About eXo Platform
eXo Platform Screenshots
eXo Platform Integrations
eXo Platform Competitors
eXo Platform Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
eXo Platform Technical Details
|Deployment Types:||On-premise, SaaS|
|Operating Systems:||Windows, Linux, Mac|
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android|