Expensify for your money

March 05, 2020
The entire organization is using Expensify. We use it to log any reimbursements we need as well as things the company has decided to cover …

Expensify is easy to use!

February 11, 2020
My company uses Expensify to manage most employee expenses that we submit manually. Exceptions include ordering from shared business …

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Expensify, and make your voice heard!

Track

Per Month (Free for 25 SmartScans per Month)

Per Month (Free for 25 SmartScans per Month)

Collect

$5

Per User Per Month with Expensify Card with Pay-Per-Use Price of $10 per User per Month

For the latest information on pricing, visithttp://use.expensify.com/priciing

Starting price (does not include set up fee)

• $5 per month

What is Expensify?

Expensify enables users to manage expenses, pay bills, send invoices, and book travel. Supports unlimited receipt scanning and mileage tracking to next-day reimbursement, to automate preaccounting systems.

- Unlimited receipt scanning: Snap a photo of any receipt and Expensify 's SmartScan technology captures the details. Also, the Expensify Card can be used to replace receipts.

- Expense management: Expensify codes and submits business expenses for approval, next-day reimbursement, and automatic sync with accounting software.

- The Expensify Card: Swipe the Expensify card to automate expenses.

- Bill payment: Expensify captures details from vendor bills for automatic approval and payment.

- Invoicing: Create and send invoices, while collecting payments and syncing automatically to accounting software.

- Travel booking: Concierge books flights, hotels, and cars for the user in a chat.

Expensify Video

Expensify Integrations

Expensify Competitors

Expensify Technical Details

Mobile ApplicationApple iOS, Android, Mobile Web

Expensify starts at $5.

Emburse Nexonia, Concur Travel and Expense, and Emburse Certify are common alternatives for Expensify.

Reviewers rate Support Rating highest, with a score of 8.6.

The most common users of Expensify are from Mid-sized Companies (51-1,000 employees) and the Computer Software industry.

Expensify is helpful in that employees can somewhat easily submit their expenses for reimbursement. I have had several situations where employees are confused by the process of setting up their accounts. I would also like to have reimbursement rules that make it easier for employees to consolidate their expenses onto a single report instead of letting people submit reports for single expenses with reckless abandon or just plain misunderstanding of consolidation options.
If I could give a ZERO I would, it only allows me to give a 1. At this point, Expensify has made our lives HARDER not easier. I spend more time trying to get solutions from your poor excuse for a support team who refuses to call me after I reached out numerous times for the same issues with no resolution. This is supposed to make things easier and allow us to spend less time on monthly expenses. I have to devote at least 3 hours per week to try and resolve these problems myself and am no further along. Expensify is in violation of the contract we signed and we want OUT
Expensify is perfect for a small team or a small business. It's affordable (I believe there is even a free version) and it is very easy to submit reports and to teach others how to submit reports. For a larger business, a one-stop shop for travel and expenses might be a better option. Larger companies might want more analytics as well, although Expensify does allow you to run reports.
Expensify is helpful in an organization where team members are traveling to places at the same time. Employees feel confident that it will be an easy process to submit any work related expenses.
It is smart enough and works well when there are many approvers and chains. With more improvements around scanning, I believe it can be a very convenient tool for companies to have.
Expensify is perfect for companies looking to simplify employee expense management & reimbursement process. It's very user-friendly, which saves time for the employees submitting expense reports & for the administrators who review, approve, and process reimbursement.
Jonathan Whetstone | TrustRadius Reviewer
Expensify is great for the user. Connecting expenses from start to finish and then allowing employees to get reimbursed in a timely manner. I would recommend this to other companies because it is great for users and it very simple. Another reason I gave it a 9 is because the employees at our company do not have to do that much work.
Expensify is a great, really easy to use expense report software that I have used for many years now. I think the ease of use is far superior to its main competitor Concur from both a user and admin standpoint. It is ideal for a company who wants to get away from paper receipts and reports because employees can simply snap a picture of a receipt and save it in the app so there is no need to hold onto receipts while traveling.
From an admin perspective, it is very easy to sync the system to Sage Intacct, easy to add and delete users and easy to set up approval flows that vary employee to employee.
If you have travel intensive function then exoensify works and if you don't have travel focus much then it would not add much value. In that case you can go for other OTC software products such as SAP, Oracle, Zoho Expense and others. The strength of expensify is their user experience and that works well when you have abundance travel datasets.
Unfortunately after using their service for four years, now I don't recommend them to other colleagues. Expensify might be good for very large companies with unlimited resources looking to use all the features that Expensify offers, but even then, their customer service has deteriorated greatly in the past two years.

We used Expensify to manage our team's expenses, and they kept increasing their fees and finally they locked us into an annual agreement and changed their pricing model again. They customer support doesn't answer any questions; they keep sending links to their documentation and support forms instead of answering questions.
Expensify is well suited for anything having to do with reimbursements. Anything along the lines of events, conferences, monthly stipends, anything your company says that you can submit a receipt and get a reimbursement for. It's easily tracked in the mobile app or online. You can see the log of what has been paid out in the past, as well as keep track of your finances.
Chloe Sayers | TrustRadius Reviewer
In general, it works really well for expense tracking, categorization, and approval to allow employees to get reimbursed quickly while maintaining accurate accounting and coding. It's not super user-friendly though and there aren't a lot of in-app tips that are customizable to ensure end users are using the platform correctly.
On our sales team, I'm not sure how we would operate or survive without having Expensify. I do not like the idea of having a corporate credit card so this is a perfect alternative. We're always making little charges on our personal cards and then plugging those into Expensify right away.
Katy Martin | TrustRadius Reviewer
I highly recommend this tool for medium to large companies who need to manage and track expenses, and/or distribute reimbursements. I don't know if it'd be necessary for a small startup, though I've used it while running my own LLC. I would say it is most advantageous for people who have a few layers of management who would be a part of the review process.
It's an excellent, user-friendly system to manage the expenses process. In my experience, it's a quicker, easier tool than using a corporate-type system (eg. Workday) for the expense process. Unfortunately, when companies scale, they tend to adopt large scale corporate systems and Expensify hasn't figured out how to market and be used in those situations.
Scott Regan | TrustRadius Reviewer
Expensify is perfect for a business traveler who needs to track expenses by the client for either client payment or IRS reporting. With receipts captured and stored, it makes reporting very, very easy. The ability to integrate with Quickbooks is also a time-saver and reduces the need to double enter expenses in two different applications.
Expensify is used in the US and by our remote employees in Europe. It is nice to have a multi-currency solution. The manager's approval process is very easy. Expensify addresses our need to allow employees to get reimbursements by easily completing online forms. The mobile app works well. Receipts can be conveniently uploaded via the app.
Andy Abramson | TrustRadius Reviewer
Expensify is well suited for enforcing travel policies and travel budget guidelines. The process for approval is easy. It's not well suited for SOHO businesses where rules are less restrictive and the need for flexibility is there. In the collection of expenses Expensify excels, but in preparing reports that cross personal reimbursement, business non-billable, and client billable it requires more time and work than it needs to.
Generally, Expensify is a very useful tool for submitting and being reimbursed for expenses. I've worked at small organizations and larger ones that have used the tool and it is very adaptable and works well for both. It becomes particularly useful if you have many approval chains and you need to have multiple people approving reports. If you really only need to track expenses on a corporate card, I think you can get away with the basic package.
Nick Walters | TrustRadius Reviewer
When I add the tip to a restaurant bill I can use the picture function to "back up" what I submit on an expense report. I hate keeping all those receipts, but I really hate having to divert my attention from a client to add my tip to my copy. It sounds trivial, but if we are having a good conversation I don't want to stop what we are talking about (usually me selling some idea!) and have to re-add my tip to my receipt.