Reviews (1-2 of 2)
January 29, 2020
Score 7 out of 10
Extensis Portfolio is used by my organization to organize our catalog of over 220,000 digital assets. It allows employees in multiple locations to have access to the same material where most of the physical assets are stored. This program has helped us move forward with the digitization of over 47,000 assets, and the number of digitized materials keeps growing.
- Database is easily searchable, and quick.
- Custom views allow you to change how assets appear on your screen, which is very useful.
- Permissions is a big deal. It is all or none access.
- Very easy to make an irreversible database mistake with just a few clicks.
Read this authenticated review
If you have over 1000 assets, Extensis Portfolio will help you keep track of them all and allow you to search relatively easily. My experience has been with over 200,000 assets, and Extensis Portfolio can handle that amount with relative ease. Any company with users in multiple locations can benefit from having a portfolio on a centralized server so various users can access the same information.
November 29, 2018
Score 9 out of 10
We currently utilize Extensis Portfolio for storing our organization's media assets, namely the still images produced by our photography team organization-wide. We have 2.2M assets under management. Extensis allows us to catalogue, tag, store, and redistribute the assets both internally and externally via an easily navigable web interface. Being able to safely archive the decades of content is paramount to the organization's institutional memory. Extensis does an excellent job of allowing us to deftly manage our media assets.
- Watch folders: Extensis allows for multiple watch folders to be commissioned on a variety of network connected data shares--NAS, direct connect external HDs, etc.. We have our workflow such that each photographer can upload their job into their own folder, and Portfolio automatically injests the image assets.
- Metadata injecting: a key component of our archiving needs are met with Portfolio's fully- customizatable and automatic metadata injection. This allows us to set standard fields across all the assets, while also allowing for custom variations in categories, keywords, and tags. Absolutely key to our workflow.
- Integration with Adobe CC is seamless through the built-in connector.
- Finally, the support team is OUTSTANDING! We absolutely LOVE our support engineer. We are a small org compared to the rest of his portfolio, but he always puts in the extra effort and takes the time to allow us to feel like we are totally supported.
- Portfolio supports a ton of asset types. Photos, videos, audio, documents, and large graphic files are all stored on the system. The image management is a mature feature with Portfolio. We are looking for them to continue to improve the video management tools beyond just thumbnail, preview, and playback for various formats.
- The customization of the out-of-the-box features in Portfolio provides organizations with flexibility to design to spec. However, expect to plan well in advance for customization--this is not particularly a negative, but be prepared to engage specialized persons to assist with the desired feature enhancement.
Read Christopher James's full review
Best for image asset management; hands down the most robust and cost-conscious solution we have worked with. Best for customer support--from design and integration to life-cycle maintenance. Best of expansion of catalogues and assets--- easily add asset packs onto your SaaS agreement as you need--no worries here. Portfolio is continuing to improve its video asset management. However, if you are seeking solely a video management solution, Portfolio is maturing, but not "there" just yet.
Extensis Portfolio Scorecard Summary
About Extensis Portfolio
Extensis headquartered in Portland, Oregon offers Portfolio, their digital asset management (DAM) platform.
Categories: Digital Asset Management
Extensis Portfolio Technical Details