April 08, 2021
Score 8 out of 10
Read Heather Miller's full review
Pros and Cons
- Organization. It allows us to keep our photos organized and in their appropriate folders so we can find them again.
- Search. Extensis Portfolio imports all the metadata from the photo and allows you to search for keywords or descriptions from its interface.
- Sharing. Its NetPublish function allows for easy sharing across campus for other communicators to use photos we've selected for them.
- Learning curve. It can be very intimidating and difficult to learn for people who are not experienced with similar software.
- Ease of adding new users. It's currently a long process to bring anyone new onto the platform. We have to go through our DAM manager and only they have the ability to add or remove people.
- Thumbnail previews sometimes blank. Sometimes the thumbnails for photos don't load or need to be refreshed manually, which can be frustrating when needing to search through multiple folders and photos.