Extreme Ethernet Switches Reviews

February 24, 2020

Extreme Switches - Purple & Reliable

The Extreme Ethernet Switches are being leveraged by the entire company. We use them in our core and our edge locations. This setup is advantageous since they leverage the same firmware, you don't need to know different commands to perform the work that you need. The firmware is true to its Linux roots and I love the fact that I can write scripts to be run within the firmware and it is supported.
  • Hardware reliability.
  • MLAG connections for redundancy.
  • Patch notifications.
The Extreme Switch lineup is robust and capable. The hardware reliability is really high (with around 50 switches in the environment, I've only had 2 PSU's fail in 3 years and that was due to a lightning strike on the building). The support is capable and skilled and ready to work with you to make sure everything is fixed. We have our switches in the data center as well as remote ATMs in non-HVAC controlled environments and everything works great.
There hasn't been a single problem with the code or hardware that hasn't been resolved in a timely fashion. You get technicians who know the product and who will work with you to get things fixed. That being said, I never ran into a problem with Cisco tech support either. I love that both groups were willing to teach me as they fixed things.
Darren Tingey | TrustRadius Reviewer
April 16, 2018

Extreme

Four years ago, we upgraded our entire network to Extreme switches, Access Points, and controllers. It replaced an older outdated mixed network. We have been very satisfied with the uptime and performance
  • Uptime has been fantastic. We have had no issues with our switches shutting down or crashing
  • Policy, We have the ability to enforce Policy at the port
  • Tech Support
  • Their support website is very difficult to navigate.
I think that Extreme would fit in any environment
Read Darren Tingey's full review

Extreme Ethernet Switches Scorecard Summary

About Extreme Ethernet Switches

Extreme Networks offers Ethernet switches.