F5 BIG-IP Access Policy Manager (APM)
F5 BIG-IP Access Policy Manager (APM)
Read all reviews
We use F5 BIG-IP APM to secure our applications. We also use to implement two-factor authentication for our VPN and allow RDP/SSH access …
It one of the best Virtual private network tool I have come across so far in my career. It is really intuitive and user friendly. Its …
It helps to maintain a secure connection to our different sites from the outer world. Availability for centralized management and easy …
We use APM to interconnect our in-house / ERP application with other 3rd party apps. We use this so we can be confident that our network …
F5 BIG-IP Access Policy Manager (APM) is a standard solution to manage access across the network. It has novel features that enable …
We use the APM to consolidate remote, mobile, network, virtual desktops, and web access. We use it as an authentication module for …
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of F5 BIG-IP Access Policy Manager (APM), and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
6 people want pricing too
F5® BIG-IP® Access Policy Manager® (APM) is an access management proxy solution managing global access to the user's network, the cloud, applications, and application programming interfaces (APIs). Through a single management interface, BIG-IP APM consolidates remote, mobile, network, virtual, and web access. BIG-IP APM can also serve as a bridge between modern and classic authentication and authorization protocols and methods. For applications which are unable to support modern authentication and authorization protocols, like SAML and OAuth with OIDC, but which do support classic authentication methods, BIG-IP APM converts user credentials to the appropriate authentication standard supported by the application.
Identity Aware Proxy is key to both a Zero Trust security architecture and to F5 BIG-IP APM. BIG-IP APM and F5 Access Guard deliver Identity Aware Proxy using a Zero Trust validation model on every application access request. Providing authenticated and authorized users secure access to specific applications, it leverages F5 best-in-class access proxy. BIG-IP APM centralizes user identity and authorization. Authorization is based on the principles of least privileged access.
- Supported: Support for Identity Aware Proxy (IAP) enabling Zero Trust application access
- Supported: Context-based authorization with dynamic L4/L7 ACLs
- Supported: Seamless integration with third-party MFA solutions
- Supported: DTLS 2.0 mode for delivering and securing applications
- Supported: SAML 2.0 identity federation support
- Supported: Support for OAuth 2.0 authorization protocol
- Supported: SSO support for classic authentication (Kerberos, header- based, etc.), credential caching, OAuth 2.0, SAML 2.0, and FIDO2 (U2F)
- Supported: Granular access policy enforcement
- Supported: AAA server authentication and high-availability
- Supported: Integration with leading IAM vendor products (Microsoft, Okta, Ping Identity)
- Supported: BIG IP Edge Client and F5 Access integrate with VMware Horizon ONE (AirWatch), Microsoft Intune and IBM MaaS360
- Supported: Risk-based access leveraging third-party UEBA and risk engines (HTTP Connector)
- Supported: Scales up to 2 million concurrent access sessions
F5 Networks provides BIG-IP Access Policy Manager as an identity and access solution which can be deployed as a standalone solution or as an add-on to F5 Networks' flagship BIG-IP TLM or F5 Advanced WAF applications.
The most common users of F5 BIG-IP Access Policy Manager (APM) are from Mid-sized Companies (51-1,000 employees) and the Information Technology & Services industry.
Companies can't remove reviews or game the system. Here's why
We use F5 BIG-IP APM to secure our applications. We also use to implement two-factor authentication for our VPN and allow RDP/SSH access to our users. It is the one-stop portal for all our users who are outside the university. We also deploy app tunnels and any specific user IP port access.
It one of the best Virtual private network tool I have come across so far in my career. It is really intuitive and user friendly. Its really easy to train even new comer on this, this has become kind of essential tool my team and everybody in my team has this installed.
It helps us to:
It helps us to:
- access files securely on the shared drives from remote,
- access client network outside the organization,
- to see the traffic details in graphical form as InBound and Outbound
- Helps us consolidating authentication for remote users and systems, virtual networks and mobile devices.
It helps to maintain a secure connection to our different sites from the outer world. Availability for centralized management and easy deployment is the main factor for considering this product. The product can be scaled to any larger environment and it works seamlessly. We already using SSO for all our applications in our company and this tool support SSO through SAML out of the box.
We use APM to interconnect our in-house / ERP application with other 3rd party apps. We use this so we can be confident that our network is well secure and protected as we have adopted the zero trust policy. Configuring APM requires a bit of technical knowledge which is not easy for every administrator. Challenges we face are having the right resources while on leave etc. The F5 Big-IP is an amazing product that helps us secure our environment by providing enterprise-level load balancing capabilities which help us deploy patches etc. The dashboard also helps us understand the trends.
F5 BIG-IP Access Policy Manager (APM) is a standard solution to manage access across the network. It has novel features that enable organizations like us control access for applications and all this with high performance. Of course, the cost is something that is worth arguing about otherwise, F5 Big-IP is an excellent access control solution.
We use the APM to consolidate remote, mobile, network, virtual desktops, and web access. We use it as an authentication module for connections going throughout virtual servers. We have our primary website sitting behind the F5.