Reviews (1-2 of 2)
Currently our Facilities Management team manages and owns the software, and any type of request from them (campus-wide) must be entered through the system. It doesn't have a great notification system to track changes, or statuses. We only receive an email once it is "closed," but never during the request process to know if it has been assigned, a change has been made, or for them to acknowledge any updates. The billing side of this is also very difficult to track and reconcile.
- It holds all of the building information or details of rooms/room types that help with requests being more specific on a room level.
- Requests are organized by the specific user, however you can also search other users work orders, as well, which is helpful in our department (Hospitality Services).
- They purchased EMS - which I cannot wait to see how they integrate!
- Needs to be more fields for "pick up/drop off times," or to put in deadline times.
- More communication back and forth to users and the person the order is assigned to. When updates are made, there is no notification that they have been acknowledged.
- It would be nice to have pricing associated with different requests. It is a guesstimate every time on how much labour or time will be needed. Some sort of price menu would be great so when we check the financial page of the order we are not surprised every time.
Read Kelsey Garner's full review
[Well suited when] Linked to EMS - when planning an event that requires furniture delivery or room type changes, we can select that in EMS and create a report that feed to FAMIS and assigns a crew. OR, if you create the work order in FAMIS, have it be able to import back to EMS to include in the booking.
We use it as a work order system for our facilities services department to track all the work that we do on campus. We also use it for building plans for all of our buildings on campus. We also use it for reporting and time tracking for all of our technicians.
- The ability to create new reports and format them to exactly what you are looking for in a said report.
- Finding mistakes as far as user errors or placing information in the wrong fields or boxes. Interfaces can be made to track these things
- Key Access portfolio, tracking keys for all of our building users
- Flexibility. Some things have to be done in an exact way or it could mess up a large number of things in the work order system. it would be nice if it was a little more flexible
- Available on more platforms, we use to be able to use it on Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, and Safari. Now it is only working on Internet Explorer
Read Aleese Gulick's full review
I think it works really well as a work order system and as a key auditing system. I just wish it was not as expensive as it is to expand it and also that it would communicate with our other systems that we use on the campus. A lot of times you have to compare two or more systems to make sure that they match which can be time-consuming and frustrating.
FAMIS Scorecard Summary
FAMIS is a real estate planning, facilities and space management platform from Accruent in Austin, emphasizing maintenance timing and cost optimization for safer and efficiently managed facilities. It is part of the Accruent IWMS suite of applications.
FAMIS Technical Details