September 25, 2017
Score 10 out of 10
I currently use FatCow to host my personal website and blog. I've most recently used it to host my student portfolio for my Master's degree. Previously, I used it to host the site for my instructional design consultant business. It allows me to demonstrate projects that I've developed, find me on social media, and contact me.
- Web apps: FatCow's platform does an amazing job when it comes to adding web applications such as WordPress, Zencart, Joomla, etc. You can add these applications with a single click
- Extensive knowledge base: I've never had to contact their tech support because of the extensive documentation
- Simple pricing: I was first attracted to FatCow because there weren't service tools. Unlimited disk space and virtually unlimited bandwidth simplifies the pricing package.
- I do not see it currently advertised on their site, but when I first became a customer, their servers were powered completely by wind power. Environmentally friendly.
- I was very disappointed with my initial renewal. I understood that the price I had paid was an introductory price, but the renewal rate was much higher than I anticipated. They could be more transparent with their renewals.
Read Benjamin Brogdon's full review
I honestly can't speak to whether FatCow would be well suited for large companies. But for independent contractors, bloggers, and entrepreneurs, FatCow is a perfect fit. If you're a novice user, their tools and interface allow you to build a site quickly. For advanced users, the clean interface makes it simple to find what you need. One-click installation of web applications is awesome. I haven't updated my site in a while, but they provide a great platform for those looking to showcase their portfolios and blogs.