Terrible Customer Service

May 10, 2022

Simple Design Tool

May 06, 2022

Figma: Is it worth the try ?

May 03, 2022
1. We use Figam to brainstorm and discuss ideas.
2. Create the Design System for our UI.
3. Create the wireframe for the initial case.
4. …

Got It Figma'd Out

The easiest way to Design

March 27, 2022

Best tool for any product team!

November 06, 2021

Collaborative app design the right way!

July 20, 2021
We use Figma at Koombea to design our mobile apps. We create components that can be reused and help to define our design system.

A breath of fresh air

July 01, 2021

Reviewer Sentiment

Positive ()
Negative ()
Learn how we calculate reviewer sentiment

TrustRadius Award Top Rated 2022

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Figma, and make your voice heard!

Professional

$144

per year

Organization

$540

per year

Starter

Free

For the latest information on pricing, visithttps://www.figma.com/pricing/#figma-for…

Starting price (does not include set up fee)

• $15 per month per editor

What is Figma?

Figma is a design platform that aims to bring together powerful design features you already love and a more efficient workflow. Some features include:
  • A modern pen tool: Draw in any direction with Vector Networks. No more merging or needing to connect to the path's original point.
  • Instant arc designs: Design clocks, watch screens, or pie charts with the Arc tool.
  • Be expressive with OpenType: Tap into advanced font features to fully express the brand.

Figma's Autom Layout tool helps users spend more time iterating and less time moving things around.
  • Less manual resizing: Buttons can resize with their text and lists can rearrange themselves when items are moved around.
  • Stretch to fill: Auto Layout components can now stretch left and right (or top and bottom) for easier responsive design.
  • Design speaks development: Auto Layout’s padding, direction, and spacing settings translate directly into code, simplifying developer handoffs.

Its plugins help to remove manual, repetitive work, bring in data, and power custom workflows.
  • Plugins for everything: Stock imagery, flow diagrams, color accessibility, charts, and icons.
  • Designed for ease: A user that can build a website can build a plugin.
  • Private plugins: Organization customers can create and distribute private plugins within their company.

Create prototypes that are like the real experience

Figma helps turn static design files into an interactive experience—no coding required.
  • Intuitive build: Simply connect UI elements and choose your interactions and animations.
  • Interactions: Define subtle interactions, like on click, while hovering, while pressing a button.
  • Mobile-viewing: Experience designs in real life using our Figma mobile app, available for iOS and Android.
  • Advanced transitions with Smart Animate: Automagically animate similar objects and create detailed transitions.
  • Dynamic overlays: Create multiple layers of interactive content overlays.
  • Animated GIFs: Use GIFs to represent motion designs, video elements, and subtle animations.
  • All-in-one platform: Toggle between a design file and live prototype. Design edits appear instantly in a prototype.
  • Shareable prototype: Share a link to your prototype. View it anywhere with Internet.
  • Embedded commenting: Comment in a prototype. They carry over into the design file—so nothing gets lost.
Figma is available online as a SaaS, and it can be downloaded for WIndows, or MacOS. Figma is also available via a mobile app for iOS and Android.

Figma Technical Details

Deployment TypesOn-premise, SaaS
Operating SystemsWindows, Mac
Mobile ApplicationApple iOS, Android

What is Figma?

Figma, headquartered in San Francisco, offers their collaborative design and prototyping application to support digital product and UI development.

How much does Figma cost?

Figma starts at $15.

What is Figma's best feature?

Reviewers rate Usability highest, with a score of 8.5.

Who uses Figma?

The most common users of Figma are from Enterprises (1,001+ employees) and the Computer Software industry.

Anna Pearce | TrustRadius Reviewer
Using Figma is not a core part of my work. However, from time to time clients and team members share wireframes or designs with me. To be able to comment or view these designs, at some stage I have created a free account. However, as a freelancer, I have worked with many clients over the years and some of them have given me a business Gmail to use while I have worked with them. Because of this, I am unable to pinpoint when I created the account, who I might have collaborated with, and what teams I might be a member of. To my knowledge, I only made a couple of personal designs on Figma in the past couple of months. Recently my business structure changed, and my g-suite profile (with a custom domain) that I created Figma with is now an alias of the G-suite of my new business. Because of this change, logging in via Google profile no longer works. Reaching out to support with the email address that the account was created with is completely unfruitful. The contact person, Camille Ruault, is behaving like I am trying to fraudulently access a bank account, and it's not possible for me to answer her questions to unlock my account and access it. The questions are as follows: - Email your account is under now - The account change you are requesting (we cannot change emails to an address already connected to a Figma account) - Date of account creation (estimated month/year) an Approximate number of named .fig files owned/created by the account - Specific names or URLs of 3-5 .fig files created by youNames of teams that you belong to - The names of other collaborators on your teams or files, and the file or team you collaborate if you are the owner of a team: - The last 4 digits and expiry date of the payment method attached to any team you own or are an admin on - If you belong to a team or work on team files: An email from the owner or admin of a team you belong to, sent to support@figma.com, confirming they believe there is no risk in the requested change.
  • Easy to share
  • Easy to create an account with Google
  • Customer service attitude
  • Account recovery
  • Customer service response time
Collaboration on simple, to-scale designs
May 06, 2022

Simple Design Tool

Figma supports us to design the entire product flow seamlessly and is also very easy to use and adapt to it when someone new starts using it. Very user-friendly to learn which will resolve the challenges when any organization adapts to Figma as their new tool for design. Also ease of access and sharing to others is very user-friendly and addresses the challenges of sharing the designs.
  • Ease of design
  • Flexible to share with restricted and controlled access
  • Ease to learn and adapt
  • Loading time is high which can be reduced
Ease of use is the major benefit and the only main challenge which I see is the loading time of the Figma design which it takes when its content is huge.
João Alcantara | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use Figma for prototyping for our product. At least for me the price is the problem but not so much, I already saved a lot by switching Sketch to Figma.The scope of my use case is precisely the creation of prototypes for the team's product, this includes navigable prototype and static layout for developers. We use the navigable prototype for user testing and that's really good. I also use it to create the Product Design system, Figma's component system is wonderful, and you can do a lot with it.
  • Componentization
  • Plugins
  • Community
  • Motion
  • Figjam with Organizational license
  • Figjam for free license with limitation
Prototyping in general Figma is great. I really like the collaborative part too, where several people on the team can work together.

I think the part I like the most about Figma is the component creation and the auto layout, you can save a lot of time if you learn to work well with these things within the project.

I think that an improvement that Figma could have is the Motion part and component interactions, often I can create two versions of the components and create an interaction between them, but when I use it in the prototype and edit some information such as the text for example , when doing a specific action it cannot capture this change of the text in the other state of the component.
1. We use Figam to brainstorm and discuss ideas.
2. Create the Design System for our UI.
3. Create the wireframe for the initial case.
4. Design the High Fidelity Version.
5. Create Android App Icons.
6. Design Logo, Assets, Icons.
7. Use The plugins like material design Icons for increased productivity.
  • UI design
  • Logo Design
  • Manage assets
  • Plugins
  • Community Support
  • Tutorials
  • Free Access
1. If We have an idea in mind and convert it to words.
2. If We want design a logo for our product.
3. For creating a proper design system to create high Fi UI.
4. Create the wireframe of the sketches.
5. Collaborate with other members to design UI.
6. Sharing UI design with other members.

Got It Figma'd Out

Our organization uses Figma to create our app templates. These templates not only serve as the main design architecture of our apps, but they are also edited by our designers to create app mockups which we then send our clients for review and approval. Our designers and developers collaborate over Figma to generate the builds we use for publishing
  • Inter-departmental collaboration
  • Ease-of-use
  • Variety of design tools
  • More templates
  • More streamlined options for exporting to PDF
  • Better framework for collaboration
Figma is the go-to tool for app design--all the way from wireframes to prototypes and on to final builds. I am not aware of a better software for these purposes. Figma is also introducing new ways to collaborate using the app, which is proving to be invaluable. Personally, I've enjoyed using Figma less for presentations and infographics I've had to make but that is likely because I'm better acquainted with other tools for these purposes.
Parwinder Kumar | TrustRadius Reviewer
I am a UX Designer so I use Figma for Wireframing, Website Design, Mobile App Design, Amazon Brand Store, and Amazon A+ Content Templates. Figma offers a team collaboration feature where all the team members can collab on a single design and file. Figma is very easy to use, fast, and reliable.
  • Collaboration over the single file or multiple files is very easy in Figma.
  • You can invite plenty of people on a single file and make any of them admin.
  • Everything is stored on Cloud so you don't need to worry about file and assets management.
  • Prototyping is super amazing feature of Figma.
  • Edit images in Photoshop directly from Figma is the best feature I am missing from Figma.
  • Drag and Drop Image in Figma doesn't work as it should be and resizing image is not a user-friendly feature.
  • Figma should support the Adobe XD file. So, people who are switching from Adobe XD to Figma shouldn't face any difficulty.
We finally switched to Figma in our organization one and a half years ago. The reason behind switching from Adobe XD to Figma is the clients want the access to files after we leave the premises. After switching we have faced some minor issues but that was sorted over time. The feature we all the designers missed in Figma is Edit a photo in Photoshop directly from Figma and Drag and Drop the image in rectangles and shapes.
Ankit Kumar | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Figma for user flow, Wireframing, User interface, and user persona. We use Figma from scratch to hand over it to the developer. We don't need any other software after taking the Figma subscription.
  • Multiple user can design in the samefile at the same time.
  • In figma you can share the link with people who can see or edit.
  • figma has prototyping feature where you can do it very smoothly.
  • It will insult Figma if I would say anything wrong about it. It captures the market for the last 3 years from Adobe XD and Sketch.
  • it is doing good.
  • Even recently Figma updated with the conversation tab. that was missing. so I would say it is moving in the right direction.
  • Figam can do something like adobe illusrator like automatically select the obeject. and remove the unnecessary background.
Figma is ALL-IN-ALL.
before Figma people have to use multiple tools.
1. It is browser friendly. You can log in in any browser and anywhere.
2. NO os specific
3. Developer can easily export the assets. the can copy the CSS for the component.
4. On clicking of Assets you can check the components thing. which you can easily drag into your file.
Siddharth Kohli | TrustRadius Reviewer
Figma is our go-to tool for designing prototypes and wireframing, The user interface is quite simple, which makes it very user-friendly and gives more control of the project; it helps us make banners and wireframes very easily and makes it very easy to integrate with the code in a matter of minutes.
  • Wireframing
  • Designing
  • Pricing.
  • Better integration features.
  • Dedicated desktop app.
We use Figma for almost everything. I prototype all the web designs on Figma. That's the main use but other than that I use Figma for designing social media posts, posters, graphics, flow charts, and whatnot. Figma has me reaching much much less for tools like Adobe PhotoShop and illustrator. It's such a simple and easy-to-use tool for anyone even for people who are not designers. It has taken the spot of one of the most used design tools by me. I highly recommend anyone looking for a simple and easy-to-use design tool to check Figma out.
Lalit Agrawal | TrustRadius Reviewer
We are a startup and so currently there are only two people using it in our team, one of them is me. I personally found the product very useful and very easy to use and easy to learn. Obviously, this is a UI design tool, so we used it to design our beautiful UI which is currently under deployment. It was very easy to learn, I was able to learn it within 3-5 days.
  • UI Design
  • Collaboration for designing.
  • Using third-party plugins while designing.
  • Pen tool in it so easy to use that you can make icons in it so easily.
  • With the canvas sizes it supports, there should be more options available directly instead of creating it custom.
  • Their preview window, preview is different in terms of size compared to actual deployment.
  • They should include some guided tutorials and best-practices for new designers.
If you want to create a UI design quickly and don't have much knowledge specifically for using any tool for UI Design, Figma is best-suited. Its basic version is free, so you can first learn it like a pro, and then if you like you can purchase it. It's available for all the platforms as it has a web version that can be directly accessed by your browser. Also, it has preview apps for android and ios. Figma has tutorials on their website but they are somewhat not for basic users, so I'll recommend Figma to create some.
Chu Li | TrustRadius Reviewer
Figma is used in our product team for designing all prototypes. It is a great tool for communication across the product design team and especially useful when communicating with developers and product managers. The commenting function allows product managers to leave comments easily and the inspector makes it much easier for the developers to incorporate CSS code into development. Figma is by far my most prototyping tool.
  • Code Inspection
  • Interaction
  • User Interface design
  • Interactive Components
  • Single border line style (just like CSS)
  • Layer panel malfunction when too nested
Great for high-fidelity prototyping, designing interactions. Not so great for low-fi mock-ups or sketching ideas.
  • Autolayout
  • Components
  • Being unable to add components within an auto layout frame
  • Design tokens
  • Ability to link data to be reused in several component instances
Figma is an awesome tool to create design systems for web or mobile apps. Prototyping and creating animations is very easy to do and very helpful to demo features before having to code them. It's not well suited for photo editing but great for other vector design like logo creation.
The first time I used Figma was in my current job. The whole company uses it; the designers make the designs in this program and send them to the programmers. In this way, the task is easier for us since the program has UX tools for mobile, then we no longer have to fight with them to make the designs using the mobile guides. That is used throughout the company by both mobile and web developers.
  • UX/UI guideline tools.
  • Show the application flow.
  • Allows developers and designers to work on the same file.
  • High learning curve.
  • Easier way to export to mobile.
  • Convert design in mobile code could be better.
Figma is very good to work with designers and programmers together. It allows the end-user to see how the flow will be and to understand it better. It has many options to export icons and XML code for developers but this is also one of the weaknesses. It can improve in that aspect. The generated code is not very good and the learning curve is high.
Figma is used in our Marketing department that services the entire University. As we design collateral and assets for all University initiatives we can utilize Figma as a central means of designing and wireframing digital campaign assets and prototypes for landing pages and other projects. It also simplifies working with external vendors that develop and assist with our digital efforts.
  • Cloud software with auto-save and no lag
  • Components!
  • Always adding features and integrations
  • Slight learning curve if coming from an Adobe workflow
  • Training resources are not as plentiful as Sketch and XD (Figma site is constantly improving though)
  • Not as easy to round trip like you can in Adobe products
Figma's online collaboration is unmatched. If you are working with a large team or especially a remote one this is a game changer. Also, Figma works on just about any platform as a desktop app in addition to designing in the browser so it's not tied to Mac like Sketch.
Very quick support replies. Also a very active online community.
I use Figma a lot, to create prototypes, designs and create ideas for websites and presentations. I believe Figma is used by other areas of the company, as it is free and wonderful software. Figma stands out for its collaborative power and ease of use, it was a problem to work with a team on other software, but Figma solved this main issue, everyone can work at the same time.
  • Collaborative
  • Price
  • Great functions
  • I can't think of any negative points, really
  • Nothing
Figma is suitable for those who want to work in a team and want this to be done efficiently, quickly and lightly. You don't even have to download it on your computer, it can be accessed via the website, which makes it very fluid. The possibility of using plugins also makes everyday life much easier. We have a huge variety of plugins and functions available.
Mario Tatis | TrustRadius Reviewer
We are a development shop providing outsourcing technology services for our clients, that's why for better organization, we use Figma teams, we create teams per client project and invite the needed resources to those teams. Each team have all necessary design UX/UI assets for their projects. It is in most cased managed by the UX/UI creating department, but it is widely use across the whole organization. Often, even non-technical areas use the new Figma Jam sessions for brainstorming meetings. With Figma, we solve all our engineering design phase problems, for now all UX/UI materials are done in Figma, also, marketing is using Figma for their marketing assets as well. Figma has solved our organization, collaboration and brainstorming bumps in the road.
  • Collaboration! we stopped sharing screen in zoom, now we all jump into Figma and magically everything connects and flow way better.
  • Memory management! Figma manage all the assets so well, that we sometimes have all project assets in one single file with multiple pages and it loads instantly. Keeping everything in one place, easy to access and to developers or designers complain about they stations running out of ram!
  • Sharing!, getting a link to an exact pixel is magical, discussion can now have way more context than what it had before.
  • Auto-layouts! Although is not new in the ecosystem, Figma does a pretty awesome job with molecules and particles, so you can create better design systems that can stretch to any screen, making it a design once for all devices!
  • Figma Jams sessions can be way better, there is still a limited amount of action we can use, so without a well pre-defined set of elements you ca import you are limited to what it has, I'll say give it more out-of-the-box iconography and components we could use. Also, exporting a Jam to a PDF or PNG is not easy, for non-tech teams is quite hard to do it.
  • PDF import, one feature I miss from Sketch is the ability to easily drag-and-drop a PDF and have the ability to edit it. This missing feature would be a huge win for the community, for I wouldn't use a separated app to do it.
  • Bitmap editing, I would hate to turn Figma into a Photoshop kind of monster, but, there are some basic things it should include like: Select area copy/paste, easier magic wand, ability to make a distortion without using a 3rd party plugin.
  • Version History per page, sometimes it's difficult to find a change on the universe of all changes, would be nice if one could check only the previous changes to a selected page.
Figma is well suited for any type of project design that does not include image manipulation, mobile or web app design process can be totally married to Figma. Also for projects that require collaboration or constant live demos (Sharing in Figma is magical). Figma works nicely also on large projects that require multiple designers, it has great support for several parties working at the same time in the same file! even with a yet to be great version history, you have version history! I'll say It's less appropriate for image manipulation, for changing image coloring and filters and having extra layers of mixes of textures.
Jared Johnson | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Figma at my organization to support client design and service needs for wireframing, prototyping, and conceptualizing features and functionality for enterprise services and web-based applications. Figma as a service has allowed us flexibility, convenience, and speed-to-market with its easy-to-use interface, cross-platform compatibility, and abundant collaboration solutions to make working together—even remote—easier and faster.
  • Figma facilities collaboration very well.
  • The platform allows for a frame of a reference for deeper conversation to take place.
  • Cross-platform support means Macs and PCs can finally work in harmony.
  • Some of the auto-layout features seem to have bugs every so often.
  • The account management between different Figma spaces doesn't seem super intuitive.
  • When navigating to the same work space on different devices, the file name view is not remembered (as that may be a device-specific preference that is not tied to an account preference).
For any visual, UX, product, or service designer, Figma is a very helpful tool and I would recommend it to anyone working in these spaces to consider Figma. It helps alleviate pain points other competitors have not figured out yet and their integration with services like JIRA or plugin support is very convenient.
Uday Kumar Madarapu | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Figma for designing UI screens for Web applications and Mobile applications. We use it rarely for other purposes too such as creating a poster or social media advertisement. This is mostly used by designers and developers. Figma helps us in various ways such as
  • Creating Medium Fidelity and High fidelity screen designs.
  • Prototyping the application.
  • Sharing with in the team.
  • Community to get inspiration.
  • Tools such as auto layout, grids to speed up design and maintain efficiency.
  • Keyboard shortcuts to enhance work speed.
  • Highly interactive prototyping.
  • Role based permissions.
  • Multiple users can edit simultaneously.
  • Version Control System.
  • Provides CSS code which comes handy to developers.
  • Can increase community support.
  • Allowing users to use in offline mode.
  • Require Graphic Card and RAM to work without hassle.
Suited Scenarios
  • If you are working on a project and want to share it with your higher authorities for their feedback and approval then Figma comes in handy.
  • A developer has some problem with the shape image, then he can inspect the design and get insights by seeing CSS code.
  • When a team or group of designers want to work on a single project.
  • Commenting feature is useful during verifications and client approvals.
  • Creating any sort of blobs, shapes, etc., we can use plugins.
  • Renaming multiple layers at once.
Less Appropriate Scenarios

• You have internet issues and want to work without friction.
  • Laptop with less RAM and no Graphic Card.
Pedro Pazitto | TrustRadius Reviewer
As a Design company, we use Figma as one of our main tools to structure, execute and deliver our projects for developers.
It's always our tool of choice whenever we need to start a new interface/prototype project, except for the times our clients demand that use use another one.
  • Prototyping solutions
  • Design delivery for developers
  • Team collaboration
  • Huge plugins list
  • Doesn't support advanced animations and interactions
  • Pricing (specifically for countries with worse economies)
  • Performance on heavy prototypes (eg: with a lot of images)
Figma makes it easy to collaborate and share out designs within out team and with our clients and partners. We can collaborate all the way, from ideation to delivery!
And now they have FigJam, which is on the way to replacing the use of "whiteboard" third party apps in the future (as Miro), but is just starting.
Grant Hansen | TrustRadius Reviewer
Figma is currently being introduced more broadly at our organization, with plans to get all of our teams using it within the next few months in the UX department.
  • Auto layout is amazing. Makes managing complicated UI a breeze.
  • Prototyping is simple and strong. Not as sophisticated as Framer, but it's got all the basics.
  • Figma is fast. It's quick to build and navigate, and extremely well performing.
  • There's a feature in beta right now for interactive components. Need that in production so bad!
  • Their prototyping could be improved to allow for a simplified experience. More interactive/dynamic prototyping would be great (e.g., fillable text inputs)
  • I'd really love it if the prototype view could be pulled into a separate window, rather than having to be in its own tab within the application. So you can view prototypes and designs at the same time.
It's really strong for creating design systems that can be used across companies. It's also excellent for collaboration. Great for getting a bunch of users in and sharing thoughts/feedback as well as teaming up on the designs themselves. Figjams are also a lot of fun, though as another beta product, they still have lots of room for improvement.

I wouldn't use it for really detailed prototyping (animations, etc.).
We used Figma as an intermediary step for design sign-offs before starting development work, as there was no formal UX team in-house. The aim of this was to introduce design consistency and provide a talking point between engineers and stakeholders so that any issues with UI and usability could be resolved before committing to the final build.
  • Symbols and shared assets.
  • Sharing and document management.
  • Vector design tools.
  • Easy exports.
  • Collaboration.
  • Limited range of design tools.
  • Desirable design system tools behind a paywall.
Figma is excellent for POC and rapid prototyping. The range of tools offered within the free tier is excellent and can really help accelerate design work, particularly for those lagging behind with old versions of Adobe software, or even free design software.
Figma is excellent for UI designs suited to web or other forms of applications.
As far as I’m aware features for Figma are released fairly regularly, and there’s a strong community around it.
Figma is used for all our prototypes, visual QAs, and competitive analysis and collaboration.
  • It is very easy to share within and outside the organization.
  • It is moderately user-friendly and stable.
  • It can host a lot of content.
  • It would be nice to be able to import designs easily from Adobe XD and as well as import components. These things might be possible but not made clear so I'd suggest more user guidance on how to do tasks that are recurring in any project.
Figma is well-suited for any collaborative design or ideation situation, whether it be work, remote co-working, or a hackathon.
Help is easily accessible and when I've reached out I've gotten help quickly.
Rob Harol | TrustRadius Reviewer
Figma is primarily used at the request of the Product Design team with the goal of making it easier for that team to collaborate with client departments such as Marketing, Product, and Engineering. And while the design team in primarily responsible for the implementation of the software, all those associated teams are heavy users of the product.
  • Standardization of asset delivery (i.e. Product and Engineering always get the expected output).
  • Easy collaboration within the tool during the design sprint reduces delays.
  • Prototype mode allows for the design to come to life when reviewing comps.
  • Default settings can often make it quite difficult to find specific assets when part of a complete UIUX build.
  • Out of the box training is probably necessary but is not readily available or always intuitive.
  • View options could be improved to make it easier to the casual user to understand what they are looking at within the design.
  • Timestamp would be a nice-to-have feature to track iterations.
If your design team is not dedicated to a specific product team, Figma is a great solution for storing the work and understanding the design iterations that have occurred along the way. It far exceeds Dropbox in this capacity. The ability to quickly turn designs into a breathing prototype with relative ease is by far the best feature of Figma regardless of where in the design cycle your particular talents lie.
My sense is the support is decent, but in full disclosure, I never found need to reach out to the support team directly.
Figma is a tool that we are currently exploring to switch to. The first impressions were that it was super fast if it is an independent file. I believe it handles even heavy files better than Sketch does. If this passes our testing and suits our needs, we might switch the entire team soon to Figma. Given that it has version control, I believe it would eliminate a need for Abstract.
  • Online real-time collaboration
  • Fluid fast user interface
  • Familiar controls makes the switch from Sketch simple
  • The libraries experience is very confusing unlike Abstract's ability to integrate libraries in Sketch files
  • Lack of some plugins like Sketch Runner.
  • Friction to move and poor onboarding
Given how fast and fluid the interface feels and the file handling is, Figma is a clear choice for designers moving forward. The features are only growing by the day and it is on the way to be the best design tool for UI designers.
The onboarding and tutorials were not up to the expectations. I had to rely on various designers and Youtube tutorials to find solutions. The Figma community needs to grow for these problems to be solved.
Andrea Hester | TrustRadius Reviewer
Our web development company uses Figma as our main design tool for collaborating and sharing designs across our team. It combines the intuitive functionality of other design programs like Sketch, InVision, and Photoshop with the powerful addition of cloud-based file storing and sharing. It also makes handoff from design to development a breeze.
  • Website Design Mockups
  • File Sharing and Collaboration
  • Interactive Prototyping
  • I honestly haven't come across anything about it yet that I don't like.
For designers familiar with Adobe applications, Sketch, and InVision, getting up to speed with Figma is a breeze. It's perfect for design teams of all sizes and solves the problem of file-sharing/collaboration and it makes the process of commenting and feedback much more efficient. It allows designers to create, store, share, and socialize designs all within one powerful app.
I haven't had to use Figma's customer support, other than accessing tutorials and learning tools. There is a wide array of videos and tutorials available for designers wanting to learn the program.
Figma was used in order to build both mocks and finalized designs for our website. It was primarily used by the design team, the product management team and engineers. Our designers built our entire design system, company brand book and mockup styles using Figma. It was extremely easy to set up team permissions and share these designs with Product Stakeholders, Engineers and the Management team in order to walk them through the user experience we visualized for new products prior to implementation and release.
  • Access permissions are easy to set up.
  • Shareability of designs across teams.
  • Simplicity of use.
  • It's quite a heavy application so make sure your device has the resources needed to support it if you're using it for long hours.
  • It would be great if people without a design background could have a simpler walkthrough on getting started and trying out designs on the application.
  • Zooming in and out of designs is always a frustrating experience when trying to present them during a meeting. Perhaps some attention to this feature could reduce friction and the need to use a touch screen to zoom.
It's great if you have an accomplished designer on your team who can pick up the basics easily and has used other design or mockup tools in the past. It can prove to have a steep learning curve for more novice design enthusiasts who would need to be able to invest more time and effort in getting more up to speed with the tool.
Figma has a support team that can be reached at any time for urgent requests. We have never really needed it as most issues have well-documented solutions either on their forums or on Youtube. However although their SLA could definitely be better for starter plans (which currently has a wait time of 3 to 5 business days for support), it isn't much different from other companies in the space.