FileZilla is a file transfer protocol (FTP) solution.Low Cost, Easy, and ReliableFilezilla is the default FTP client in our company. Though not everyone uses it, it is installed by default on every single one of our office computers. We use it to quickly transfer files between local machines and client servers. It is a free solution to one of our most common actions in the office; uploading files to servers.,Site manager for storing login credentials. Easy drag and drop interface for transferring files. Multiple connections in different tabs.,I would love a command line interface so I could more easily perform actions on the server. For example, you can upload a compressed folder to the server relatively easily, but there is no easy way to extract it on the server without switching to an SSH client. Uploading directories with hundreds of files can take a very long time, which is why it's desirable to upload them as zip (or tar) files and extract them on server.,10,FileZilla provides a very inexpensive way for us to do a very common action. It's a tool that is completely dependable and does exactly what it needs to do every time. It's very easy for beginners to adopt and has many features even power users would want.,10,10,,Microsoft Visual Studio Code, Adobe Acrobat DC, WunderlistFileZilla is the best solution for FTP and remote file transferMy production team uses FileZilla to deliver broadcast commercials to stations around the country through FTP.,FileZilla does well managing and saving destinations for future use. The bookmark section is well laid out and easy to navigate. The UI of the program is more modern and user friendly than many of the alternative solutions I've seen. The program pushes out updates often to improve performance and squash bugs.,Some of the more secure methods of transfer are not on by default,10,It's reliable and stays up to date.,9,7A free, lightweight, must have FTP solution for your machineI use FileZilla for most of my FTP activities like uploading/downloading files. It is very lightweight and easy to use. On top of everything, it's free. One of the best open source software in any category. As an integration consultant, I often come to projects where files present on FTP need to be integrated. This requires a lot of uploading/downloading of files for testing purposes. FileZilla comes in handy in these scenarios. Its Pro version is also not very costly. What I most like is that I can give this to any new team member and they can start working on it right away without the need for training.,Very lightweight and easy to use. Very simple interface. Literally, no training required for the user of any role. Quick connect feature remembers your credentials and let you connect to previously connected sites in one click. Most importantly, it's free! Pro version is not that costly either. We can limit the network speed too. It often comes in handy when we need to save some bandwidth for other processes.,Support for the product is one area for improvement but having a free/cost effective (pro version), you can't complain much. Some would say its interface is not very pretty, but it's easy to use which matters most.,10,The free version has most of the basic but key features so there is no impact on cost. A must-have tool on your system.FileZilla - Fast, Easy and Free.At my current (and previous) positions, I use FileZilla as the main FTP server and client solutions to exchange files between my company and other clients or sister companies. It simplifies the task to manage, edit and transfer files on remote systems. This solution especially helps to provide access to files for remote users such as consultants and contractors that don't have internal user accounts.,FileZilla has a very user-friendly interface that allows non-tech savvy employees to use it without any IT department assistance. A few simple screenshots in an email to the end user and all works fine. Very fast and reliable solution. Transfers all files without any issues. Drag-n-drop support saves time. "Quickconnect" - very useful option, especially if you need to connect to FTP server once. For example to upload log files to third-party support services FTP server. Tree hierarchy for the folders navigation - on practice helps a lot.,Would be very helpful to have site to site transfer option. Ability to edit files on the FTP server. Sometimes you need to make quick minor changes, so opening them on an FTP server can save some time. However, this is not critical. Would be awesome to have more functions to interact with the remote server, such as SSH console, etc. Scheduled file transfers would be very helpful. On the server side - very often need to have more granular access permissions. I mean it needs to give permissions for specific files but not to the entire folder.,10,For our need the free version of the server and client - the best choice. Simplicity of usage - increases the performance of our employees. Easy to manage users and groups. Easy to deploy a new FTP server in minutes.,,Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager, Azure Active Directory, G Suite, Slack, Five9 Virtual Contact Center, Spiceworks, Zoho Assist, Google Hangouts, Proofpoint Essentials for Small Business, Windows ServerEasy and fast FTP clientI use FileZilla as an FTP client to upload and download files from a remote server. Specifically, FileZilla allows me transfer many files at once, such as when I want to back up a live website to a local computer.,Manages multiple accounts, usernames and passwords to FTP sites well. Ability to export and import account credentials is great. Fast file upload.,Very often there's an update available for the FileZilla program. That would be fine, except that you are not asked whether you want to download the update or not; it is automatically downloaded to your computer when you start the program. It would be great if it prompted whether I wanted to download the update or not.,10,FileZilla makes it easy to manage multiple FTP accounts. It has saved me time by keeping all necessary login credentials in one place.,,Infusionsoft, Drip from Leadpages, ActiveCampaignReliable lightweight tool for your FTP needsFileZilla is used across my organization. We love the feature of saving the credentials for multiple sites that we access frequently and don't have to type it the credentials every time. It's suitable for both small and big downloads. It supports both FTP and SFTP which is an added advantage as well.,Supports FTP and SFTP. You can open files directly from the remote location in one click. You can save multiple profiles with their credentials and don't have to type in the credentials every time. It displays the status of the transfer. It lets you connect to multiple FTP locations in different tabs simultaneously.,The ability to schedule transfers would be a good addition.,10,It only had positive impacts on our business. It's a great time saver.,Skype, Microsoft Access, Microsoft Azure, Zoom, Microsoft SQL Server, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Acrobat DC,No,Price Product Features Product Usability Product Reputation Prior Experience with the Product,Saving profiles and using them later. Connecting to multiple FTP locations simultaneously.,None,10FileZilla -- Free and easy to use FTP programI personally use FileZilla for uploading files to and downloading files from our web server via FTP. FileZilla lets me queue up multiple files for upload/download and it is generally faster than logging into the server cPanel and using the file manager. FileZilla also provides a site manager which allows me to save credentials for multiple sites.,Provides a simple layout with a two-pane interface that shows folders and files in a graphical directory tree structure Features drag and drop for uploading and downloading files - makes it quick to do so. The program notifies you when there are failed transfers. Makes it easier to avoid missing an upload.,TLS connection issue -- by default when logging via FTP, FileZilla will force a connection with TLS, which is not supported on some servers, including one of ours. Lacks an in-program text editor -- you have to download files from the server and open them with a local program like Notepad to edit. Then you need to re-upload them. It seems like there are never-ending updates needed to the free version. I'm not sure these updates are product improvements versus a way to advertise their sponsors.,8,FileZilla does save time when it comes to uploading files via FTP versus the cPanel file manager. The time difference isn't drastic, but it does have an impact. The existence of a free version of the software is nice -- saves a little money on costs.,,cPanel, Apache Web Server, GoDaddyLinux + Open Source + FTP = FileZillaI use FileZilla to transfer website files onto remote servers. Many hosting solutions provide file management solutions, but often they are limited in functionality, not to mention proprietary, where FileZilla remains Open Source and in my opinion, a better file transfer solution than others I have used. One example is that Linux, the OS I use, works perfectly and simply with FileZilla. If you seek a user-friendly FTP solution, this is a great one to start and stick with.,User friendly across the board Supports multiple FTP protocols including FTPS and SFTP Available for multiple Operating Systems including Windows, OS and of course, Linux Supports resume feature Transfers large files Site Manager easily centralizes multiple sites Drag & drop supported Keep-alive function,In the past, I have read that its plain text password storage was a security risk. I know FileZilla's programmers have explained this is not so, but I still would like to see encrypted storage.,10,Simple. Open Source = Maximum ROI. I train and support clients who use it to manage their own web presences, and they too appreciate the invaluable ROI of FileZilla.,The Neccessary (but Sometimes Lacking) FTP Tool You NeedFileZilla is being used by the Marketing and Information Technology departments. It is used by one person in Marketing, and many in IT. We use it as an easy (and free) way to access all of our websites and Intranet securely and quickly. This tool is necessary for us to accomplish on server development since many in the organization are not trained on Git.,Free! FileZilla is free, so it's hard to beat for ROI. In MacOS, the layout and design is very pleasant. Easily save and reuse credentials. Easy to use UI.,Windows UI is very clunky. Time outs can happen unexpectedly. Very little to no support. Most support is through user forums.,8,Since FileZilla is free, it cost very little to ramp up and deploy.FileZilla ReviewI use it for myself in my daily work to update files on our company's servers. It's often used by colleagues also.,It's nice to maintain applications and sites up to date since offers very useful features.,It could be better on handling multiple connections at once. There should be a feature to execute the same action, like upload a file on multiple servers at once. This would be useful when you need to update a file on more than one server.,10,Positive: It helps on team productivity.,AtomEasy and Safe to Use File Transfer PortalI am the only one using FileZilla as far as I know right now. I use it to help securely send files to another company's server. I use it just about every day and it's been so simple and easy to use. I looked at other types of file transfer but found that FileZilla was the fastest and easiest to use.,FileZilla is so fast and simple to use. Once I downloaded it on to my computer, I was able to create a shortcut for it and just click to open. I saved the login information and that's helped me get into it much faster and easier. FileZilla is very simple to install and use. It's very straight forward and makes transferring data between companies safe and simple. I think this helps the site be one of the leaders in its field by making things simple and easy for users.,I really don't know of any areas that FileZilla could improve upon currently. They may be able to increase the ability of users to move more data at the same time or do it even faster in the future. They have done a really great job creating FileZilla and it's very user-friendly.,10,It's been great in helping us keep our compliance commitment of securely moving files and data between other companies. It's had a very positive impact on our overall compliance-driven industry and our company.,OpenText Hightail and Black Box Communications Outsourcing,GBS CRM, OpenText Hightail, OpenText Actuate Information HubFileZilla is the obvious choice for FTPI use FileZilla almost daily. It is my primary FTP client for all web development and remote file management needs with nearly 300 sites/servers saved for immediate access. It is fast, effective, and an industry standard, making it easy to recommend to others knowing support is abundantly available for them if they were to need it.,FileZilla is universally supported by every 3rd party service I have ever worked with. It's is fast and effective.,The interface isn't the prettiest, but it's fully functional and clearly laid out.,10,FIlezilla is 100% free and 100% functional. It's a no-brainer.,,Sublime Text, Wunderlist, WP Engine, SiteGround Web Hosting, Namecheap, WordPress, Dropbox BusinessProfessional FTP Client For Web DesignersI use Filezilla to update content and keep WordPress files current. FileZilla makes it easy to manage all files and folders via FTP.,Upload Managing FTP Sites Multiple Connections File Transfers,Fewer Updates Cleaner UI,10,Positive: keeps the website running smoothly Keeps website files organized.,,LastPass, Avast Business AntivirusHonestly, you don't even need to research FTP clients, just download FileZilla and call it a day.FileZilla has been my go-to FTP/FTPS client (and server when needed) for roughly 15 years. As a freelance developer, I've used FileZilla-- as well as in my full-time job-- in various roles at multiple different organizations. In my current organization, FileZilla is used as the primary FTP client for end-users. It is delivered via SCCM to any end-user who wishes to have an FTP client. FileZilla is lightweight, open-source, and provides all of the security features we need for SSL/TLS encryption when transferring sensitive data--or any data for that matter, to servers.,FTPS (File Transfer Protocol Secure) over SSL/TLS. This is absolutely essential for transferring sensitive data. It's open-source, and not a proprietary application, which means we can review the source to determine if there are any nefarious functions. It's extremely lightweight, with a simple interface that allows for quick and easy transferring of data. No mucking around if you're a novice, and lots to be dug into if you're an advanced user. It has everything A-Z. Cross-Platform support. I've used FileZilla on multiple different operating systems, and it runs super smooth on them all. Resuming file transfers. If the client crashes, or your internet goes down, you can be reassured you'll be able to resume your transfer next time you launch FileZilla. Being in a bilingual Country, it's been beneficial to have multi-language support.,The UX/UI is slightly dated. But Since I'm an original user of FileZilla, this is not really a big deal to me personally. Although I would like to see an updated interface at some point, it does not one bit take away from the overall objective of FileZilla.,10,Although I cant give it a dollar value, not having to pay for an FTP Client is absolutely a benefit. Ensuring that our data is transferred securely and safely is a huge ROI. It would be an absolute disaster if some secure data was intercepted. With FileZilla, this potential monetary and public disaster can be mitigated.,,Bugzilla, Slack, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator CC,Managing connections Transferring files.,8The best file transfer toolWe used Filezilla as a main file transfer tool between our servers and local computers. It was used mostly by software development team members. We exploited FileZilla a lot because its file listing schema is very user-friendly and easy to use. Besides usability, it allows us to use key pair files to reach our cloud computing storages such as Google cloud and Amazon AWS.,File transfer speed Directory listing system is a tree and so easy to find your files It allows using keypair files to access Amazon AWS,Once you delete an item, it is gone forever. There might be a place like a trash folder that requires us to empty it once it reaches a certain size Updates might be released more often The granularity of the transfer action might be implemented for files to be transferred,9,It is a fast-acting tool. It provides lots of options. It could have more updates.,Wing FTP Server,Neo4j, Microsoft Visual Studio Code, Microsoft Visual Studio Team System, NetBeans, EclipseFilezilla a great free ftp solutionFilezilla is a great FTP program, it allows us to send secure information and data from our business to our vendor and vice versa. Since we can use it as an SFTP it resolves our primary concern which is the release of our clients' data securely. As protection of this information is vital to our company and it also allows us to receive information from our vendor as well.,Allow the transfer of more than 8MB of data to and from our vendor Works very well with the transfer of text and Excel data,A faster connection since we are connecting thru a secure site it takes a little longer than expected to connect.,9,A great impact as we been able to send our data to our testing vendor without any delays of being out of the office.FileZilla is a Godzilla.FileZilla is used for remote file management. We use this as a "shared drive" so remote employees, like myself, have access to files when not in the home office. All of our important documents are stored here across departments. Each employee also has their own private folder to store documents and exclusively share with HR/AP.,Remote file management. Share sensitive data without password protecting.,The interface is extremely outdated. An IT person may be able to navigate this seamlessly, but our sales team wants to cry if someone tells us to go find something on FileZilla.,3,As a salesperson, it slows me down when trying to find documents. It could be the way our setup is, but it takes me forever to find things. Only positive is that we can transfer data securely - no fear of cybersecurity breaches here!,,Gusto, ADP Workforce Now
FileZilla
<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring' target='_blank' rel='nofollow noopener noreferrer'>trScore algorithm: Learn more.</a>TRScore

FileZilla Reviews

FileZilla

Do you work for this company?

Filter 38 vetted FileZilla reviews and ratings

Nicholas De Salvo profile photo
  • Site manager for storing login credentials.
  • Easy drag and drop interface for transferring files.
  • Multiple connections in different tabs.
  • I would love a command line interface so I could more easily perform actions on the server. For example, you can upload a compressed folder to the server relatively easily, but there is no easy way to extract it on the server without switching to an SSH client.
  • Uploading directories with hundreds of files can take a very long time, which is why it's desirable to upload them as zip (or tar) files and extract them on server.
FileZilla is great for uploading and downloading files on a remote server. It offers a strong and intuitive drag and drop interface which is easy for even novice users to understand. What it isn't really good at is managing files on the server. It's much easier to move and delete files at the command line than it is to do the same actions via FTP. This isn't specific to FileZilla though, it is an inherent drawback of FTP in general.
Read Nicholas De Salvo's full review
Michael Anderson profile photo
  • FileZilla does well managing and saving destinations for future use. The bookmark section is well laid out and easy to navigate.
  • The UI of the program is more modern and user friendly than many of the alternative solutions I've seen.
  • The program pushes out updates often to improve performance and squash bugs.
  • Some of the more secure methods of transfer are not on by default
FileZilla is great if you need to access FTP for things like broadcast delivery or file transfer to remote servers.
Read Michael Anderson's full review
Ankit Goyal profile photo
  • Very lightweight and easy to use. Very simple interface. Literally, no training required for the user of any role.
  • Quick connect feature remembers your credentials and let you connect to previously connected sites in one click.
  • Most importantly, it's free! Pro version is not that costly either.
  • We can limit the network speed too. It often comes in handy when we need to save some bandwidth for other processes.
  • Support for the product is one area for improvement but having a free/cost effective (pro version), you can't complain much.
  • Some would say its interface is not very pretty, but it's easy to use which matters most.
FileZilla is useful for all type of FTP activities like uploading/downloading files, etc. It has a very simple and self-explanatory interface so it is well suited for newbies. You can give it to any team member and they can start playing with your FTP server.
Read Ankit Goyal's full review
Valery Mezentsau profile photo
  • FileZilla has a very user-friendly interface that allows non-tech savvy employees to use it without any IT department assistance. A few simple screenshots in an email to the end user and all works fine.
  • Very fast and reliable solution. Transfers all files without any issues.
  • Drag-n-drop support saves time.
  • "Quickconnect" - very useful option, especially if you need to connect to FTP server once. For example to upload log files to third-party support services FTP server.
  • Tree hierarchy for the folders navigation - on practice helps a lot.
  • Would be very helpful to have site to site transfer option.
  • Ability to edit files on the FTP server. Sometimes you need to make quick minor changes, so opening them on an FTP server can save some time. However, this is not critical.
  • Would be awesome to have more functions to interact with the remote server, such as SSH console, etc.
  • Scheduled file transfers would be very helpful.
  • On the server side - very often need to have more granular access permissions. I mean it needs to give permissions for specific files but not to the entire folder.
FileZilla is one of my favorite tools. This software will be easy to use for all, not-tech savvy users and to IT specialists. Lots of third-party services require you to use FileZilla, so I wouldn't recommend any other solutions as well. Supports all known types of FTP connections. And it is free, what can be better? Plus the Pro version is pretty cheap and gives way more options for file transfers out of FTP limitations and works with third-party cloud services like Google Drive, One Drive, DropBox, etc.
Read Valery Mezentsau's full review
Atilla Vekony profile photo
January 31, 2019

Easy and fast FTP client

• Manages multiple accounts, usernames and passwords to FTP sites well.
  • Ability to export and import account credentials is great.
  • Fast file upload.
  • Very often there's an update available for the FileZilla program. That would be fine, except that you are not asked whether you want to download the update or not; it is automatically downloaded to your computer when you start the program. It would be great if it prompted whether I wanted to download the update or not.
FileZilla is great to transfer files using FTP and SFTP.
Read Atilla Vekony's full review
Swagata Bhattacharyya profile photo
  • Supports FTP and SFTP.
  • You can open files directly from the remote location in one click.
  • You can save multiple profiles with their credentials and don't have to type in the credentials every time.
  • It displays the status of the transfer.
  • It lets you connect to multiple FTP locations in different tabs simultaneously.
  • The ability to schedule transfers would be a good addition.
It is a wonderful tool for your day to day FTP needs. It's a lightweight tool supporting both secure and non-secure FTP. It lets you connect to multiple FTP locations in different tabs simultaneously. You can save the FTP profiles for easy access later.

I don't think you can schedule downloads using this.
Read Swagata Bhattacharyya's full review
Justin Roodman profile photo
  • Provides a simple layout with a two-pane interface that shows folders and files in a graphical directory tree structure
  • Features drag and drop for uploading and downloading files - makes it quick to do so.
  • The program notifies you when there are failed transfers. Makes it easier to avoid missing an upload.
  • TLS connection issue -- by default when logging via FTP, FileZilla will force a connection with TLS, which is not supported on some servers, including one of ours.
  • Lacks an in-program text editor -- you have to download files from the server and open them with a local program like Notepad to edit. Then you need to re-upload them.
  • It seems like there are never-ending updates needed to the free version. I'm not sure these updates are product improvements versus a way to advertise their sponsors.
FileZilla is a solid FTP program for beginner users and power users alike. The user interface is simple to understand, and the program offers all of the features that you could need for doing file transfers. Compared to other FTP programs that I have used in the past (Bulletproof FTP and CuteFTP), FileZilla performs well and is easy to use.
Read Justin Roodman's full review
Jerry Janes profile photo
  • User friendly across the board
  • Supports multiple FTP protocols including FTPS and SFTP
  • Available for multiple Operating Systems including Windows, OS and of course, Linux
  • Supports resume feature
  • Transfers large files
  • Site Manager easily centralizes multiple sites
  • Drag & drop supported
  • Keep-alive function
  • In the past, I have read that its plain text password storage was a security risk. I know FileZilla's programmers have explained this is not so, but I still would like to see encrypted storage.
If you are new to FTP, FileZilla is an ideal program as it is fully functional and as user friendly as possible. FTP can be daunting to new users, but this makes it relatively easy.
Read Jerry Janes's full review
Sean Pomory profile photo
  • Free! FileZilla is free, so it's hard to beat for ROI.
  • In MacOS, the layout and design is very pleasant.
  • Easily save and reuse credentials.
  • Easy to use UI.
  • Windows UI is very clunky.
  • Time outs can happen unexpectedly.
  • Very little to no support. Most support is through user forums.
If you need to securely access a site to get into the code, FileZilla is needed. If you are familiar with Git, there may be a better option for you, but FileZilla is an easy way to transfer and edit files from local to dev and live environments. If you are accessing sites from public networks (which you should never do) FileZilla can cause an additional security breakpoint since passwords are saved in plaintext.
Read Sean Pomory's full review
Reges Mendes profile photo
February 04, 2019

FileZilla Review

• It's nice to maintain applications and sites up to date since offers very useful features.
  • It could be better on handling multiple connections at once. There should be a feature to execute the same action, like upload a file on multiple servers at once. This would be useful when you need to update a file on more than one server.
It's very useful in every environment where you have to transfer files via FTP protocol.
Read Reges Mendes's full review
Eric Thorsteinson profile photo
  • FileZilla is so fast and simple to use. Once I downloaded it on to my computer, I was able to create a shortcut for it and just click to open. I saved the login information and that's helped me get into it much faster and easier.
  • FileZilla is very simple to install and use. It's very straight forward and makes transferring data between companies safe and simple.
  • I think this helps the site be one of the leaders in its field by making things simple and easy for users.
  • I really don't know of any areas that FileZilla could improve upon currently. They may be able to increase the ability of users to move more data at the same time or do it even faster in the future.
  • They have done a really great job creating FileZilla and it's very user-friendly.
I think FileZilla is one of the best ways to transfer very important and secure data between companies. It's very easy to install and to use on a daily basis. Once you save your login information, it can be pulled up very quickly and the data moved from one file to another very fast. Any company that has to move files between another company securely could benefit from FileZilla.
Read Eric Thorsteinson's full review
Cameron Renfro profile photo
  • FileZilla is universally supported by every 3rd party service I have ever worked with.
  • It's is fast and effective.
  • The interface isn't the prettiest, but it's fully functional and clearly laid out.
If you need an FTP client, look no further than Filezilla. I can't think of a situation where I wouldn't recommend it.
Read Cameron Renfro's full review
Nick Throlson profile photo
  • Upload
  • Managing FTP Sites
  • Multiple Connections
  • File Transfers
  • Fewer Updates
  • Cleaner UI
Great tool to use, very simple and user-friendly. It has no adware or add-ons that slow down your computer. Filezilla helps when downloading all of a site's images and putting them on a thumb drive for a client who needs to print them. It is a very easy way of keeping things organized online and offline.
Read Nick Throlson's full review
  • FTPS (File Transfer Protocol Secure) over SSL/TLS. This is absolutely essential for transferring sensitive data.
  • It's open-source, and not a proprietary application, which means we can review the source to determine if there are any nefarious functions.
  • It's extremely lightweight, with a simple interface that allows for quick and easy transferring of data. No mucking around if you're a novice, and lots to be dug into if you're an advanced user. It has everything A-Z.
  • Cross-Platform support. I've used FileZilla on multiple different operating systems, and it runs super smooth on them all.
  • Resuming file transfers. If the client crashes, or your internet goes down, you can be reassured you'll be able to resume your transfer next time you launch FileZilla.
  • Being in a bilingual Country, it's been beneficial to have multi-language support.
  • The UX/UI is slightly dated. But Since I'm an original user of FileZilla, this is not really a big deal to me personally. Although I would like to see an updated interface at some point, it does not one bit take away from the overall objective of FileZilla.
FileZilla is extremely easy to use. If you've ever used an FTP client, you will have no issues navigating this layout--it will be familiar to even the most novice users, as it draws inspiration from years of similar design features seen throughout windows applications. When you're working in a secure environment that requires you to transfer sensitive files securely over intranet or internet, FileZilla is an excellent choice, as it's both open-source and supports FTPS over SSL/TLS. As well, it also provides SSH FTP, which I've personally used to transfer files to my own personal Linux server. Filezilla allows you to have an unlimited amount of connections (tabbed) to multiple remote servers. This is useful if you work in an environment that requires the management of lots of servers. If you're a server administrator, FileZilla is an absolute must for your toolbox of utility software. One of my recent favorites is the support of IPV6, since our environment has recently upgraded its infrastructure to IPV6.
  • File transfer speed
  • Directory listing system is a tree and so easy to find your files
  • It allows using keypair files to access Amazon AWS
  • Once you delete an item, it is gone forever. There might be a place like a trash folder that requires us to empty it once it reaches a certain size
  • Updates might be released more often
  • The granularity of the transfer action might be implemented for files to be transferred
It is well suited for a scenario that involves a plethora of file transfer tasks among several local and virtual machines including physical servers.
  • Allow the transfer of more than 8MB of data to and from our vendor
  • Works very well with the transfer of text and Excel data
  • A faster connection since we are connecting thru a secure site it takes a little longer than expected to connect.
In the transferring of data from one site to another securely it's well suited. I have used it as well while outside the office and it worked great in sending the secure data to our vendor. This has been great as it ensures that we do not have any work stoppage.
January 25, 2019

FileZilla is a Godzilla.

• Remote file management.
  • Share sensitive data without password protecting.
  • The interface is extremely outdated.
  • An IT person may be able to navigate this seamlessly, but our sales team wants to cry if someone tells us to go find something on FileZilla.
Well suited for when sharing sensitive information and you want to do so securely. The way we are using it (as file management for the entire company) is not at all what I would recommend. I would much rather use Google Drive or something easier to navigate.

About FileZilla

FileZilla is a file transfer protocol (FTP) solution.

FileZilla Technical Details