FileZilla

FileZilla Reviews

Do you work for this company? Learn how we help vendors

David Ferrier | TrustRadius Reviewer
FileZilla is used by certain individuals who have a need to securely upload / download files via SFTP to authorized third party sites / vendors. The problem it solves for is the need to securely transfer files that contain personally identifiable information and other private data, versus using something like email or web form uploads.
We use Filezilla across the whole organization. We've found it to be a very reliable and secure FTP/SFTP tool. Sometimes we use web-based FTP services but FileZilla is free, fast, secure, and has a great user-friendly interface. It has a very low learning curve as well. We have new users that learn to use it quickly, and we have experienced users of 20 years that use it with advanced features. Overall, I've never had any complaints or issues with FileZilla and I'd recommend it highly.
Robert Worth | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use it to verify code within websites, move code from top layer data to the application for stripping away underlying code that is not used in our systems before we reinsert into new code layers. It also helps to address FTPS protocols when other software for website transfers do not work correctly, thus we can move our designs to sandbox servers to see how finished products behave with different browsers.
Jonah Dempcy | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use FileZilla for FTP and SFTP transactions, primarily for accessing web hosts like DreamHost. We find that FileZilla is the perfect app for quickly uploading or downloading files, or browsing through the filesystem of a remote host. FileZilla is perfect for when you need to make a quick edit of a webpage, thanks to its edit-in-place functionality, or when you need to sync, back-up, or otherwise work with the filesystem of a remote server.
FileZilla is used only by a single user within our organization, exclusively to update our website with new files and content via FTP File Transfer connection to our cloud-based web server. It allows effortless file transfers using a simple interface that is easy to manage and use without a technical background.
January 21, 2020

Easy and Quick

FileZilla is being used by me to access our company and client FTP web files. It assists with file backups and is a helpful tool when migrating sites. It provides a quick interface for access files that need updating. It solves the problem of remembering client accounts and makes it quick to navigate between client files.
Robert Gephart | TrustRadius Reviewer
The internet today continues to simplify the user/designer experience and hide the nuts and bolts of moving and editing individual files. But when things start to go awry, you need to be able to interface directly with files located on servers in the cloud. That is where FileZilla becomes the must-have app on your computer. If you ever have to FTP into a server to copy, delete, transfer or edit files, this is the best program to use.
FileZilla is being used by our Customer Experience and IT departments. Using FileZilla helps our company address secure FTP exchanges. Specifically, FileZilla helps us retrieve encrypted or non-encrypted files from our third-party vendors. Being able to directly connect to external servers and retrieve files, with or without keys, as well as drop files on our own servers, is ideal for sending large files or smaller files that need encrypted.
FileZilla is used by a very limited audience within our organization, typically used by the people who work on virtual machines and are working on multiple Operating Systems at once. I work on Linux and Windows simultaneously for my software development work and heavily use FileZilla on a daily basis. It solves problems of having a physical media to transfer your files, and allow virtual connections over our local network and allow the file sharing without any hassle.
I use FileZilla to download and upload documents from our web servers in instances where files are not managed through Git. FileZilla has a simple and easy to use interface that makes accomplishing these tasks quick and painless. We can also store some of our SFTP information in the application so that we do not have to reconfigure each use.
We use FileZilla to move large book files between freelance editors and developers and also use it when sending book files to our foreign coworkers who will translate the material into other languages. It is used by people within our organization. It addresses the problem of moving large files (over 25MB) electronically between needed individuals.
November 20, 2019

My review of FileZilla

I'm not sure if FileZilla is being used across the entire organization, but my team has been using it for years. We are currently using Filezilla for the secure file transfer protocol or SFTP. This is how we are able to transfer secure data from files on our computers to our payroll system (Ceridian). It can be a bit tedious, but it works.
We use FileZilla to basically connect to our internal FTP, SFTP, and B2B sites. We can save the state of the connections and do not have to enter passwords again and again. We can also open multiple connections to different systems without any issues. It is also similar to Total commander.
We use the client for most FTP, FTP and SFTP connections to internal and external servers. The client version is used across the organization fro these needs. We also use the server version to transfer files to and from our web servers. The server version is implemented and managed solely by the IT department.
Nicholas De Salvo | TrustRadius Reviewer
Filezilla is the default FTP client in our company. Though not everyone uses it, it is installed by default on every single one of our office computers. We use it to quickly transfer files between local machines and client servers. It is a free solution to one of our most common actions in the office; uploading files to servers.
Ankit Goyal | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use FileZilla for most of my FTP activities like uploading/downloading files. It is very lightweight and easy to use. On top of everything, it's free. One of the best open source software in any category. As an integration consultant, I often come to projects where files present on FTP need to be integrated. This requires a lot of uploading/downloading of files for testing purposes. FileZilla comes in handy in these scenarios. Its Pro version is also not very costly. What I most like is that I can give this to any new team member and they can start working on it right away without the need for training.
Valery Mezentsau | TrustRadius Reviewer
At my current (and previous) positions, I use FileZilla as the main FTP server and client solutions to exchange files between my company and other clients or sister companies. It simplifies the task to manage, edit and transfer files on remote systems. This solution especially helps to provide access to files for remote users such as consultants and contractors that don't have internal user accounts.
Swagata Bhattacharyya | TrustRadius Reviewer
FileZilla is used across my organization. We love the feature of saving the credentials for multiple sites that we access frequently and don't have to type it the credentials every time. It's suitable for both small and big downloads. It supports both FTP and SFTP which is an added advantage as well.
Justin Roodman | TrustRadius Reviewer
I personally use FileZilla for uploading files to and downloading files from our web server via FTP. FileZilla lets me queue up multiple files for upload/download and it is generally faster than logging into the server cPanel and using the file manager. FileZilla also provides a site manager which allows me to save credentials for multiple sites.
Jerry Janes | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use FileZilla to transfer website files onto remote servers. Many hosting solutions provide file management solutions, but often they are limited in functionality, not to mention proprietary, where FileZilla remains Open Source and in my opinion, a better file transfer solution than others I have used. One example is that Linux, the OS I use, works perfectly and simply with FileZilla. If you seek a user-friendly FTP solution, this is a great one to start and stick with.

FileZilla Scorecard Summary

What is FileZilla?

FileZilla is a file transfer protocol (FTP) solution.

FileZilla Pricing