Great for a beginner!

January 28, 2020

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Filmora, and make your voice heard!

Educational

per month

Subscription Plan

per year

Perpetual Plan

one-time fee

For the latest information on pricing, visithttps://forms.gle/9noG3zsNL7tPu9Xb9

What is Filmora?

Filmora from Wondershare is the company's video editing software available for a monthly or annual subscription, with support for 4k editing and a wide (and growing) range of available effects.

Filmora Technical Details

What is Filmora?

What is Filmora's best feature?

Reviewers rate Support Rating highest, with a score of 9.

Who uses Filmora?

The most common users of Filmora are from Small Businesses (1-50 employees) and the Information Technology & Services industry.

With the introduction of fantastic technology such as mobile phones, tablets, and handy cameras, creating classroom movies has become much easier. But it's not only the convenience with which video projects may be created that is gaining popularity; it's the benefits that such projects can provide to students in the classroom that make this concept so appealing. Making movies with students is not only a fun method to get them involved in the classroom, but it also helps them enhance their learning and retention skills.
  • Beautiful effects
  • Can enhance quality of video
  • Can export/import files easily
  • Watermarkings
  • Proxy set up
  • Compatibility of videos importing
In the free trial version, all functionalities are available. However, the biggest drawback of using the free trial edition is the large Filmora watermark on the movie. As a result, you can't truly use it. Also no storyboard editing option. Some of the video format are not compatible or compatible but it makes laggy.
Gary Shouldis | TrustRadius Reviewer
I've been using Filmora for my video editing for almost 5 years now. It is used for editing Youtube channel videos, video advertisements as well as social media videos. Filmora strikes the perfect balance of features and ease of use and is a good choice for most video editing professionals as well as novices. Filmora offers lots of tutorials and the learning curve is much shorter than more advanced video editing software options.
  • Perfect balance of features and ease of use, most people can use it after a few hours of using the software
  • Filmora has lots of great video tutorials to take advantage of all the features it offers
  • The timeline editor is easy to use and offers great features such as audio detachment and green screen capability
  • Lots of presets and add-on filters available
  • Sometimes they roll out new versions before properly testing them, which leads to bugs, lag and a lesser user experience from previous versions. I usually choose to wait to upgrade.
  • It would be nice if they added more options to improve audio quality, the current options may be too basic for some users
  • Filmora can get laggy sometimes when editing several video tracks
  • They should add more creative options for headings & titles, most of what they have are pretty bland
Filmora is best for anyone who wants a medium-advanced video editing software but is not wanting to spend the time and money required to learn advanced editing software like Adobe Premier Pro. You can start making great looking videos in just a few hours with Filmora.

Filmora is also a great option for professional video editors who want a lighter, faster and more fun program for editing smaller projects like videos for social media and video ads[.]
We used Filmora to cut videos for online classes and courses. We needed something easy to use, not to draining on our devices and able to fulfill our wish to add watermarks and some text in the video. We also needed to adjust the audio which Filmora provided as an option.
  • Cutting videos.
  • Adding text to videos.
  • Exporting in different formats.
  • A little complicated in the beginning.
  • A walkthrough would be helpful for beginners.
It is a good program when you just start editing videos to get into it and have successful end products. If you have more requirements on a program you might need to be able to look into something more advanced. But it is totally sufficient to start out with when editing the first videos.
Shivam Sharma | TrustRadius Reviewer
It helped to make my video clips unique with a solution that allows me to add audio, special effects, movie filters, titles in motion, and more. I am in the marketing industry and it's a challenge to attract new customers and build long-time relationships with the existing ones. As we all know, video is a great way to communicate openly and attract hundreds of customers. Filmora helped me to make compelling and professional videos with just a few clicks.
  • Great email and telephone support
  • Just drag and drop; simple for the beginners
  • Text effects and transitions
  • Precision cutter
  • Safe and copyright-free music
  • Import or export in almost all formats and file types
  • Fully functional free version, although it includes a big watermark.
  • Slightly slows AMD processors.
Filmora is a simple but powerful editor. And obviously it is intended for an audience that either does not know how to edit or does not want to be wasting a lot of time doing it. Without a doubt, editing is going to become one of your favorite tasks thanks to Filmora. Do not hesitate--it is the best editor if you are looking for quality, price, and investing as little time as possible editing to get videos with a professional result.
Preston Bramley | TrustRadius Reviewer
I decided that my summer goal was to become a better video editor so I bought Filmora Wondershare 9. I made a new video every week and I can honestly say that by the end of the summer I was very good at making and editing new videos. My videos are now fun to watch and I am constantly being asked by others to make another new and exciting video. It definitely took my videos from choppy and elementary to a more professional look. It is very easy to use and there are a ton of resources if you ever need help.
  • Easy to learn with.
  • Tons of resources for help available.
  • Multiple settings for beginners to pros.
  • Good platform to start on.
  • Allow a user to work on multiple devices while logged on.
  • Allow a user to make two videos by having multiple windows open.
  • I really don't have many ideas for improvement.
I went from a total beginner to having people think I have been doing this for years. So I think this is very well suited for any home videos or people wanting to make YouTube videos.
Tons of resources if you need anything at all.
I'm an event planner and content creator. I create weekly tutorials to help strengthen my brand and teach others. I'm a one-man operation so it's just used for my YouTube channel. It allows easy flexibility from a beginner videographer that iMovie just couldn't handle.
  • Seamless interface.
  • Adding text and effect overlays on the video.
  • Providing new tools and goodies.
  • There's a big push to get you to buy more features and it gets really annoying.
  • Lag/flickering in the example video.
It's just a great all around video editor for someone who's just trying to put together a simple video and make it look polished. It was a perfect step up from iMovie and provides TONS of bells and whistles but makes them easily accessible. It's simple to navigate and they provide effects and overlays that you can easily drop into your video.

I'm not sure about how well it does for much bigger projects (feature length movies, etc) vs DaVinci and Premiere, but for 1-15 minute tutorials, it's pretty great.
I'm giving this a ten because I haven't needed the support in any way, however, I've gotten correspondence from them letting me know that they are available if needed. I've seen reviews saying the support is lacking but those were years ago. I'm assuming they've figured everything out by now.
I use Filmora to make my trumpet tutorials and video concerts for my pupils, bands and marching band I'm working with.
I find it really easy to use, easier than any other software I tried, very intuitive interface, plenty of presets and effects available at one click distance. As a musician/ music teacher, I appreciate the fact that while editing it's really easy to sync video to audio.
  • Easy to use, very intuitive interface.
  • Plenty of effects and presets. Really useful for less experienced people.
  • Very many online resources, tutorials, presets packs, effects...etc.
  • Very good and responsive support. In live chats always polite and professional.
  • Constantly updated. From program updates to weekly effects and presets additions.
  • Could have more audio effects options.
  • Having keyframes not only in the Pro version.
  • Login across the platform. As mentioned by others, while adding effects you have to login several times. An offline option could be useful.
Very well suited for tutorial videos, music videos, presentations, music split screen/ multi screen videos (depending on how many instruments you want to show at one time).
I made a video for a marching band (17 people), each filmed and recorded separately (due to social distancing regulations) and was a bit challenging to show them all at the same time. Filmora has split screen presets up to 6 screens.
Very responsive, very polite and professional. Usually trying really hard to assist you with your issues, going the extra mile just to get job done.
Been on chat with the support team for almost a month to solve an issue that turned out to be a fault of my computer, every day got 2 or 3 suggestions to fix, updates, workarounds...
Daniel Städeli | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Filmora to make video edits for customer training and promotional videos. We have used it to add subtitles to some videos when we needed to send the video to an audience that does not understand English as well. We have not used the advertising videos and templates much that Filmora offers.
  • Cut videos.
  • Add transition effects.
  • Multiple logins required. The software is jumping back and forth between online and local software.
  • Sometimes a little slow on long movies if you don't have a fast processor and a lot of RAM.
Filmora is great for editing short videos and creating short video ads. Filmora is great when you need a little more features than the old Windows Movie Maker. But the process of importing (paid) templates from the library is cumbersome, the software is switching between local and online installation. You have to login every time you use Filmore. This could be improved a little in my opinion.
I haven't talked to support, but the online documentation seems to be quite complete.
January 28, 2020

Great for a beginner!

I am the only employee at the company who uses Filmora. I originally used a free trial of Final Cut but thought it was expensive to purchase and also the Macs we had at work were not new enough for it to work smoothly. I use the software to create videos for our business awards shortlist and winner announcement which takes place 3 times a year.
  • Numerous preset options.
  • Easy to upload media and audio.
  • Some transitions are quite cartoony.
  • No new audio added.
Filmora works perfectly for our needs. I have to create video presentations for 3 of our awards ceremonies outlining the shortlist and then announcing the winner. Filmora is a great cost-effective, easy to use software that is great for an editing novice like myself. There are lots of preset features that make it easy to use.
I haven't had to use any support so I cannot comment on this. However, there is quite a lot of advice from
various forums and YouTube videos if you need help with how to use any parts of the software. I don't know whether you have to have a more complex subscription in order to receive support.
Justin Germino | TrustRadius Reviewer
Filmora is used for video editing, splicing together multiple videos and leveraging effects like overlays and other video editing tools and features. Filmora has an ever growing effects pack and subscription service giving you access to more transitions, effect and overlays than most other services and their editing tool has one of the quickest snip/splice editing options compared to other tools. I use Filmora for video game play highlight videos and other product review videos from time to time.
  • Quick Video Trim/Edits
  • Excellent List of Effects/Overlays/Transitions
  • 4K Video and GIF output options
  • Only 2 Video Tracks
  • Cannot Select and Produce or Export Only Parts of the Timeline
  • Lacking some shortcuts to help navigate and maneuver timeline more efficiently
It handles Nvidia Shadowplay videos with ease where some other editing tools struggle with those video formats. If you want fancy pre-made transition and effects you get a much wider variety with Filmora than with almost all other video editing tools.
Bill Greganti | TrustRadius Reviewer
Being in the IT industry, friends, family, and clients often come to me for help with technology other than computers. I purchased a DJI drone recently to make some videos for a friend's school as well as personal use. I quickly found that I end up with way more video than I needed after an hour or so of flying. I set out to find a simple way to edit those videos and came across Wondershare Filmora.
  • Managing the content of your project is easy. Buttons are there to quickly access video, audio, titles, and transitions.
  • The online store makes it easy to add new effects as needed. There's a good selection of options so your videos don't have to all look the same.
  • Exporting your project includes many options and formats, including some direct publishing options.
  • The online store can be a little clunky, sometimes requiring me to login two or three times. After a successful login, everything works fine.
  • Occasionally the transitions don't export into the video correctly, usually by not being in the correct place in the video. I always check my exported video before closing out my project.
  • I didn't find any audio files included in the standard offering or from the online store.
Filmora is great for a beginner and is easy to use. I found the interface very intuitive and was exporting my first video in about 30 minutes. I would recommend this to people who are new to video editing and don't need the capabilities and features of a professional package such as Adobe Premier. Although Wondershare has recently released a Filmora Pro version I have not tried it yet.
Filmora is used at my organization for basic video editing to pitch investors and show the progress of our systems. It is used primarily by myself and, at times, some of my coworkers. We typically do not need to do much actual editing of videos, but we sometimes need to splice videos, overlay audio, and add annotations to video. Nobody at my organization is an expert at video editing, and we were looking for the easiest to use software.
  • User-friendly
  • Intuitive and easy to use interface
  • High-quality output
  • Editing or changing stills
  • Lag and computer resource consumption
In our experience, Filmora is great for beginners who need some advanced functionality for video editing, but who are not planning to focus on it or do anything too extreme. It is similar to Movie Maker, the free software provided by Windows, in how it is intuitive and easy for beginners, but it allows you to do much more.