Filmora Reviews

Daniel Städeli | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 18, 2020

Filmora is great for daily video edits

We use Filmora to make video edits for customer training and promotional videos. We have used it to add subtitles to some videos when we needed to send the video to an audience that does not understand English as well. We have not used the advertising videos and templates much that Filmora offers.
  • Cut videos.
  • Add transition effects.
  • Multiple logins required. The software is jumping back and forth between online and local software.
  • Sometimes a little slow on long movies if you don't have a fast processor and a lot of RAM.
Filmora is great for editing short videos and creating short video ads. Filmora is great when you need a little more features than the old Windows Movie Maker. But the process of importing (paid) templates from the library is cumbersome, the software is switching between local and online installation. You have to login every time you use Filmore. This could be improved a little in my opinion.
Read Daniel Städeli's full review
January 28, 2020

Great for a beginner!

I am the only employee at the company who uses Filmora. I originally used a free trial of Final Cut but thought it was expensive to purchase and also the Macs we had at work were not new enough for it to work smoothly. I use the software to create videos for our business awards shortlist and winner announcement which takes place 3 times a year.
  • Numerous preset options.
  • Easy to upload media and audio.
  • Some transitions are quite cartoony.
  • No new audio added.
Filmora works perfectly for our needs. I have to create video presentations for 3 of our awards ceremonies outlining the shortlist and then announcing the winner. Filmora is a great cost-effective, easy to use software that is great for an editing novice like myself. There are lots of preset features that make it easy to use.
Justin Germino | TrustRadius Reviewer
May 29, 2019

Filmora a Good Video Editing Choice That is Near Excellent

Filmora is used for video editing, splicing together multiple videos and leveraging effects like overlays and other video editing tools and features. Filmora has an ever growing effects pack and subscription service giving you access to more transitions, effect and overlays than most other services and their editing tool has one of the quickest snip/splice editing options compared to other tools. I use Filmora for video game play highlight videos and other product review videos from time to time.
  • Quick Video Trim/Edits
  • Excellent List of Effects/Overlays/Transitions
  • 4K Video and GIF output options
  • Only 2 Video Tracks
  • Cannot Select and Produce or Export Only Parts of the Timeline
  • Lacking some shortcuts to help navigate and maneuver timeline more efficiently
It handles Nvidia Shadowplay videos with ease where some other editing tools struggle with those video formats. If you want fancy pre-made transition and effects you get a much wider variety with Filmora than with almost all other video editing tools.
Read Justin Germino's full review
Bill Greganti | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 04, 2019

Quick and easy to learn, even for the first time video editor

Being in the IT industry, friends, family, and clients often come to me for help with technology other than computers. I purchased a DJI drone recently to make some videos for a friend's school as well as personal use. I quickly found that I end up with way more video than I needed after an hour or so of flying. I set out to find a simple way to edit those videos and came across Wondershare Filmora.
  • Managing the content of your project is easy. Buttons are there to quickly access video, audio, titles, and transitions.
  • The online store makes it easy to add new effects as needed. There's a good selection of options so your videos don't have to all look the same.
  • Exporting your project includes many options and formats, including some direct publishing options.
  • The online store can be a little clunky, sometimes requiring me to login two or three times. After a successful login, everything works fine.
  • Occasionally the transitions don't export into the video correctly, usually by not being in the correct place in the video. I always check my exported video before closing out my project.
  • I didn't find any audio files included in the standard offering or from the online store.
Filmora is great for a beginner and is easy to use. I found the interface very intuitive and was exporting my first video in about 30 minutes. I would recommend this to people who are new to video editing and don't need the capabilities and features of a professional package such as Adobe Premier. Although Wondershare has recently released a Filmora Pro version I have not tried it yet.
Read Bill Greganti's full review
December 28, 2018

Filmora is great for non-experts who still need professional video

Filmora is used at my organization for basic video editing to pitch investors and show the progress of our systems. It is used primarily by myself and, at times, some of my coworkers. We typically do not need to do much actual editing of videos, but we sometimes need to splice videos, overlay audio, and add annotations to video. Nobody at my organization is an expert at video editing, and we were looking for the easiest to use software.
  • User-friendly
  • Intuitive and easy to use interface
  • High-quality output
  • Editing or changing stills
  • Lag and computer resource consumption
In our experience, Filmora is great for beginners who need some advanced functionality for video editing, but who are not planning to focus on it or do anything too extreme. It is similar to Movie Maker, the free software provided by Windows, in how it is intuitive and easy for beginners, but it allows you to do much more.

About Filmora

Filmora from Wondershare is the company's video editing software available for a monthly or annual subscription, with support for 4k editing and a wide (and growing) range of available effects.