Reviews (1-25 of 38)
- I love the copy invoice feature. This makes for quicker entry of our invoices.
- The drill-down feature is also a plus when searching for a particular item.
- Being able to export tables quickly is a timesaver.
- At this time it doesn’t distribute negative entries to the correct project when there are multiple projects. This becomes a problem when you are trying to use a credit for one project but expenses invoice to a different project.
- The edit feature for imported journal entries is more difficult than in Financial Edge.
- The timeout feature logs you out too quickly.
- I love how well FE interacts with Raiser's Edge. This makes it much easier for our organization to stay current and increases our level of trust in the information we are seeing in both systems.
- The reporting features in FE make it easy to pull accurate information in a timely manner.
- I would like to see the price reduced. I work for a medium-sized non-profit and if the price keeps rising, I worry we will no longer be able to use FE. It is an incredible system to use, but if the price keeps rising, it will be difficult for small to medium-sized organizations to justify the cost.
- I would like to see error messages that contain more information. When our accountant runs the process to post gifts from Raiser's Edge, she typically is not able to easily understand the reason for the gift exceptions. It then requires me doing research in RE to find out what the error may have been from.
The benefits it has provided have been faster access to the system and more efficiency in our business office. We can get things done more quickly with the NXT version.
- Data entry is much easier with NXT especially for accounts payable
- Reporting is fantastic with the ability to drill down in the reports to the detail and to export reports in more consistent formats (PDF, Excel)
- Bank reconciliation is a breeze with the cash management capabilities
- Right now budgeting functions are only available for look ups, not for budget creation or editing
- Adding a new invoice is fairly simple.
- Easy to add new vendors in the system.
- A variety of reportings available.
- Hope they quickly change to the web view faster, so we don't have to switch between web and database view.
- GL configuration. We like the Fund-Account setup, with Project being a separate field not directly tied to the GL string. It provides more flexibility both with data entry rules/requirements, balancing requirements, and reporting.
- Bank feed. It is good to be able to download transactions and match them to the Accounts Payable bank register.
- Visual Chart Organizer. It provides extremely flexible and customizable report formatting, whatever GL configuration you have.
- NXT still has lots of glitches or missing functionality when compared with the database view. Many pages take too long to load, or just aren't as usable as the alternative in database view.
- Functions that are not available in NXT yet. There are still quite a few processes that are not yet available in NXT, which you must do in the 'old' database view. This makes it abundantly clear that NXT is not a new platform that was launched all at once, but rather a 'mirror' option that was haphazardly released in blocks (and still is being released in blocks). This process is awkward and can be rather unsettling to new users who are likely to spend months, and perhaps even years, as they attempt to figure out which of their processes they should do in NXT and which ones they should do in the 'old' database view.
- Reports, Queries, and Exports. Users who were already accustomed to the 'old' database view for these areas are likely to find NXT's equivalent options to be clunky and may prefer to stick to the database view for these functions. Some things just require more clicks when you try to 'simplify' by putting everything into one web screenshot. There's something to be said for being able to open different windows within a program, and like many other modern web browser-based programs, NXT gets in its own way in this regard.
- Dashboards are easy to create and look professional.
- Learning curve from the client-server version of Financial Edge was minimal.
- Missing functionality, needs missing modules from the client server version or the DB view.
- Ability to edit users within NXT.
- n/a - have had trouble with conversion
- n/a - have had trouble with conversion
- n/a - have had trouble with conversion
- eliminate processing delays. Per our IT dept, the issue is not on our side.
- better follow up by implementation.... WE ARE STILL NOT IMPLEMENTED!
- renewal team wasn't aware of switchover and received billings for NON NXT renewals... took a long time to get resolved.
- Like I said, the ease of getting around and drilling down for information is the best feature for us.
- It is great to have attached accounts payable invoices instead of having to search through an organization of folders to find an invoice copy.
- The hidden benefit is always being up to date on versions. We don't have to get emails notifying us of updates, forwarding those to IT and asking them to have our hosting company apply patches. Then we would wait and have the system down off hours before updates were applied. That's all gone now.
- We have to rely on the database version for Accounts Receivable.
- I'me not real sure about all the features. I know what I've got in the database view and so I live there. I would like to get into general ledger reporting and queues but the one time I tried, I couldn't get where I wanted to go so I gave up easily.
- We've had a couple of issues that came up for some reason because of what we use that apparently nobody else does, like having the many bank accounts we use show up in a drop-down menu. The software engineers have been good to fix those things, but it makes me feel like we are continually using a beta version of the software. It feels like Blackbaud is trying to get up to speed at their own pace and at the expense of users experimentation.
- I honestly can't think of one thing FENXT does really well.
- Since FE NXT is in the "cloud" it has been a really difficult transition as our company has some special needs that we finally got ironed out in FE, but then started the transition to NXT and now those special needs can not be met by NXT.
- Just logging in takes three more steps. Frequently the program logs out and we have to log back in.
- Payroll is more difficult than AP. AP is fairly smooth, but payroll is just now starting to go a bit smoother, but we heard there would not be anymore enhancements to the payroll module in the future, so our concerns will most likely not be met in the future. It's up to the clerk to figure out how to meet the needs of the employees.
Financial Edge NXT: "If you are looking for flexibility in reporting and access FE is worth reviewing"
We are new to NXT but have used Blackbaud for several years in our organization.
- Remote access is easy to use and so convenient. Development members can access funds and provide the most up to date information to the constituents.
- Access to project reports by our fund directors campus wide is something that we are working on implementing right now since the use of reporting is so accessible.
- The bank reconciliation module is a time saver.
- Logging into the data base view could be streamlined for faster login.
- Create a system that would allow groups of invitations for FE NXT all at once. We have FE NXT view only for our fund directors and development officers across campus and the need to invite each one individually and not have the ability to set them up at the same time is very time consuming and inefficient. Our fund directors change frequently so this is definitely something that I would be interested in seeing an update completed.
- It is a web-based program that can be accessed from any computer.
- The accounts payable tab......Why is the vendor info not have the option to enter invoices. It makes it very difficult to make changes when I have to refer back to a vendor.
- I have found that creating deposits are not as easy, too. I can't even find my "client" to enter my info, its all done individually like the AP tab. It makes it very hard to go back to refer to a specific deposit when it is not grouped by my clients.
- I have decided, after many days of frustration, trying to figure out NXT, that as long as the Blackbaud hosting services are available, I will continue to use that, so I feel that our costs to upgrade was a poor choice, but that is my personal opinion due the fact that I use this system on a daily basis.
- Having the ability to create reports quickly.
- To void checks and the system creates your adjusting entries for you.
- Having the ability to review your accounts payable processing before printing your checks.
- The various links to get in touch with someone at Blackbaud is an excellent tool.
- The PO system. It would be great if there would be a section where you can breakdown various items from various departments, when you are placing your order into the system.
- Credit memos- once a check is voided and a credit memo is attached, how to remove it if there is several.
- Issues with the addresses once it has changed in the vendor file.
- When you are adding a vendor, "Lisa Fowler" the system would list her under the "L". So if I wanted to pull her up on the system. Normally it should be under "F" because of her last name but it would listed under the "L".
- I love the sidebar feature for accounts payable that allows you to see much of the details of the transaction without requiring you to open the full record.
- Being able to run a report straight to Excel is very useful & easy.
- It is nice to be able to search for vendors more easily than one could in Financial Edge 7.
- The journal entries are cumbersome to use. The view is "backward" from what I'm used to, with the most recent lines entered showing at the top of the entry.
- It is hard to review journal entries in the NXT view because only some of the lines (>5) show in each screen & then you have to click to get to the next set of 5 lines, etc. I often revert to the database view so that I can see the entire entry in one screen.
- There are no journal entry line numbers in the NXT view. This makes it difficult to find a specific line item & if you search for just that line you can't see the other side of the transaction. Again, I revert to the database view for most JE review & revision.
- The most useful & complex reports, such as the Statement of Functional Expenses, are not available in the NXT view.
- The attachment of scanned invoices and journal entries is valuable.
- The drill-down capabilities are easy to follow.
- The visual display of data on the monitor is good.
- The ease of using a cloud-based solution.
- Some of the features in Financial Edge 7 database are not yet available in FE NXT such as Fixed Assets and journal transaction history.
- Sometimes entries aren't posting in NXT but are able to post in FE 7 database view.
- The report writer doesn't display all of the reports that are being used and it's a little more difficult than in FE 7 database view.
- Click on a report to drill into detail
- Fast searching capabilities
- It has a lots of potential
- Doing a journal entry in FENXT is not user-friendly and not easy on the eye. It's much better in the database view.
- Needs more information on the drop downs when making selections.
- I can't wait for the budget module.
- Produce numerous statements for management
- Tracks projects/programs within each fund restriction
- Tracks Budget-to-Actual by general ledger and projects
- Produces visual dashboards for use by our board
- Fixed Asset module reduces time creating monthly depreciation schedules
- A/P keeps us on-time with vendor payments and the new quick flash feature allows all vendors to be entered on one screen
- The dashboards need to be imported onto company website for board review
- The financial reports generated within the program should be as appealing (not so canned) to the ones we have to format in excel
- Implementation costs could be a lot less
Bank Reconciliation - ready
Dashboards - ready
Allocation Management - needs to be added
- Financial Edge NXT provides beautiful, easy to read, and visual reports.
- Financial Edge NXT makes access easy for our executive through the various permission levels for access that it provides.
- Financial Edge NXT is still being developed, so not all of the functionality in Financial Edge (the database view) is available yet in NXT. Therefore users must have access to both the traditional view and the webview.
- Accounts Payable, which I use daily, is very straightforward and easy to maneuver around.
- Reports in Accounts Payable are what I need and are easy to use.
- Running a check run from start to finish is done with ease and hassle free.
- Accounts Payable Module is simple and user-friendly. Finding inputted data is a snap to find.
- Payroll in general is very difficult and cumbersome. I have never dreaded running our payroll before, but now it's a form of anxiety for me.
- Setting up new employees. We realize that each individual is unique, but setting up new employees has got to be easier.
- Reports versus queries. Still learning the system, but I spend a great deal of time trying to get only the information I need on a report. This is especially true of payroll reporting.
- Accounts Payable has been a fairly easy module to learn, and I have used it successfully for nearly 4 months. It is fairly intuitive, once you learn the process.
- Payroll was quite an adjustment, but appears to give us more accurate data than our former software. We have been using it for nearly 5 months.
- General Ledger appears to be fairly easy to use, but since we have not closed our first month yet, that being June 2017, it remains to be seen.
- As we have yet to close June 2017, we have encountered many issues, had a multitudes of chats, and quite a few sessions where support has had to remote in to fix or gather data for engineers to fix issues. One issue unresolved is the accrual of leave in payroll. Engineers are still working on that one.
- Another issue that has FE folks stumped is the recording of manually entered gifts in RE not coming over into FE. We cannot close June until that is resolved.
- For some odd reason, my printer has disappeared twice from AP, to where I can't print checks. They had to get a duplicate of our database and fix it on their end the first time. Support had to remote in to correct the issue the second time - but it delayed paying bills significantly both times.
- We had an issue with Pennsylvania local withholding taxes that never got resolved. They gave us a work-around, but I will have to go into dozens of W-2's in January to move the taxes to the correct box. Can't wait.
- Finding transactions with the searching engine is quite easy.
- Ability to reconcile accounts easily.
- Search for check #'s is not hard.
- Entering invoices that have the same invoice number.
- Allowing for two or more to enter an invoice and be able to make changes at the same time.
- Fix bugs and screen freezing.
- Because we run four separate entities, FE allows us to allocate transactions to each of the entities. This allows the ability to look at each entity separately as well as look at the organization at a consolidated level.
- FE tracks interfund entries well.
- There are some nuances in FE that can stand to be improved upon - nothing that will discourage me from using FE, just things that would make it easier to navigate through the system. For example, navigating between modules could be improved upon. Having the ability to navigate through the system while reports are running should be an option.
Financial Edge NXT Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
About Financial Edge NXT
Financial Edge NXT is a cloud accounting solution from Blackbaud that is designed to provide transparency across teams, security, compliance, and reduce the need for manual processes. The system is a fund accounting solution that provides a general ledger, projects, grants, endowments, accounts payable and receivable, fixed assets, banking, and more.
This solution includes a personalized dashboard and customizable views. Financial Edge NXT enables users to closely monitor income statements, program-to-expense ratios, cash balances, and other key metrics. Financial Edge NXT offers real-time reporting, with one-click drill-down functionality and export capability, to enable data-driven decisions in real time.
The system allows users access to grant and project accounting that allows for streamlined management of budget, as well as a way to effectively monitor accounts and generate reports. The vendor’s value proposition is that by using Financial Edge NXT, nonprofits can reduce dependency on manual processes, thus improving data entry accuracy.
Financial Edge NXT Screenshots
Financial Edge NXT Integrations
Financial Edge NXT Competitors
Financial Edge NXT Support Options
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Financial Edge NXT Technical Details
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android, Mobile Web|
|Supported Countries:||United States, Canada|