Products that are considered exceptional by their customers based on a variety of criteria win TrustRadius awards. Learn more about the types of TrustRadius awards to make the best purchase decision. More about TrustRadius Awards
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Firstup, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- Setup fee required
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
- Tech Details
- Supported: Personalized News Feed
- Supported: SmartContent and Feeds
- Supported: Quick Links
- Supported: Multimedia and Document Support
- Supported: Content Translation
- Supported: Broadcasts
- Supported: Newsletters
- Supported: Channel Integrations
- Supported: Surveys and Polls
- Supported: Commenting and Member-to-Member Messaging
- Supported: Gamification
- Supported: Shareable Content
- Supported: Compliance Controls and Share Text
- Supported: EMV Calculator
- Supported: Responsive Dashboard
- Supported: Analytics and Reporting
|Deployment Types||Software as a Service (SaaS), Cloud, or Web-Based|
|Mobile Application||Apple iOS, Android|
|Supported Languages||English, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish|
- Easy for managers to schedule out activities for employees to share with their networks.
- Easy for employees to connect social networks and share company news directly within the platform.
- Great customer service- the accounts team is very attentive and answer questions quickly to get customers set up for success.
- Promotion of organic corporate content- would be great to get amplification of posts that are directly on the corporate channels instead of having them shared on individual employee accounts.
- Intuitive, easy-to-use templates for posts, newsletters and email notifications.
- Consistent upgrades and innovation that keeps the tool current with other apps.
- Flexibility on how users can use the tool (i.e. comments, sharing photos, etc.) This decision is left to each organization, individually.
- There is room for improvement to make this a primary communication tool, including more ADA compliance features for users, more robust reporting options for administrators and additional options to filter user profiles for an enhanced app experience.
- Although our experience has been quite positive, I do think there is room for Firstup to learn from industries outside of their own. I feel some of their recommendations (and assumptions) are based on the experience inside their own walls. We don't run business the same way. And to assume we should do business their way for the sake of the tool seems like a misstep.
- Breadth of features
- Advanced customizations
- Ability to fully manage the platform internally
- Customer service
- Pricing increases
- Internal communication features, specifically as an email service provider
The platform needs improvements and more features for the email service features for communication.
- ROI--Creating a business case showing the positive impact an app will make
- Customization--We can easily send targeted communications to our team
- Support--Even after the sale, we've felt supported by the sales team and the Customer Success team
- We'd love to see a calendar added that would show key upcoming dates.
- It would be awesome if the Message feature had a drop-down directory you could scroll through vs. requiring you to type a few letters before the potential names came up.
- On-demand resources
- Experience in the marketplace
- Reduced customer success team
- Automatic nudges for employees to log-in and share
- UX lacks compared to other platforms
- While it can get complicated, Firstup allows for very advanced targeting of content to team members by location, role, shift, and more.
- Firstup quick links offer a great way for team members to access commonly searched for resources like COVID protocols, payroll calendars, important contacts, local events, and more.
- Native video sharing and embedding of Youtube videos is a great way to easily introduce a blend of content mediums.
- Customer service could be improved in some areas.
- There have been some recent availability concerns regarding server errors, etc. that have caused some frustration.
- In terms of functionality, the back-end of the platform is very complicated and difficult to train other team members on how to manage.
- The differences in targeting between posts and broadcasts can be confusing and difficult to manage well.
- The app is extremely user friendly and similar to the type of apps our younger associates currently use.
- The availability of quick links within the app is great to direct our associates to resources they tend to forget about.
- On the back end, the experience has been seamless for our IT Crew who have helped to develop the app.
- While having the app tied directly into Workday is great for many reasons, it also creates some amount of difficulty in targeting specific groups of people if they don't match the Workday hierarchy.
- Our associates in the field use Workday on a limited basis, so remembering their Workday login information to log in to the app is challenging. It would be nice if they could have a different password for the app.
- Splitting audiences so that content can be targeted.
- Ease of use in terms of getting content onto the platform.
- Wide range of functions/options.
- Limitations on layout preference.
- More functionality needed to be used as a social tool rather than an internal communications tool.
- Confusing "native buttons" for engaging with social content.
- Choosing when we can post.
- Auto posting feature.
- Ability to share industry news to valuable connections.
- Ability to relay messages on multiple platforms.
- How to get more clicks.
- Suggest posts for others within our organization.
- Add a feature which shows which posts are "waiting to be posted," to void posting article twice.
It is less appropriate for sharing opinion pieces and/or articles only concentrating on one aspect of a situation instead of multiple. It's great that we can share articles that are not just "organization specific" and more industry-wide.
- It looks professional and creates trust.
- They worked with us to ensure a seamless authentication for SSO.
- It simplifies the back end article creation process.
- It reports well on our outreach metrics.
- Their weekly customer success meetings keep us in the know.
- In the past year, we've had a couple of multi-hour outages. They could do better at fault tolerance.
- The steps required to update apps is quite cumbersome, especially for the Apple store.
- I have problems with user management around rehires. There is no mechanism to unsuspend users automatically if they are in a new user upload.
- Intuitive user experience
- Simple administration
- Strong product support
- No deep links to other apps
- They take the time to listen and partner with you to find solutions and opportunities to best take advantage of the platform.
- Firstup is great at using data to help build internal business cases for the benefit and value (ROI) of employee engagement for the organization
- Helping their clients network and connect with other clients to solve common problems, together.
- Would be great to have better visibility to the roadmap for new integrations or solutions that DySi is working on.
- Finding better solutions to integrations with other internal platforms an organization has.
- Firstup does a great job with account service, especially onboarding as a new client.
- The platform supports a number of integrations (off the shelf and custom) to better connect the tool across your marketing stack.
- The DySi UI can always continue to improve to help platform managers better manage their user community.
- More robust social sharing functionality would be great to see.
- Extremely easy to use - from a management standpoint and a user perspective.
- Helps amplify the brand voice beyond brand social media pages.
- Gets our brand recognized and raises awareness.
- Shares "wins" within the company about new hires, promotions, cool projects, etc.
- I manage an exec's account, and I wish I could log in to my account and toggle to his to manage it rather than having to log in separately. Other than that, I truly can't think of anything!
- The platform is easy to navigate on the user end.
- Firstup has a top-notch customer success team that is always available to help you get the most out of the platform
- The reporting data that the platform provides is very useful and customizable. You can break down activity by the post, by the user, and several other ways.
- The admin console can be a little confusing at times (specifically, setting up leaderboards)
- The Firstup platform no -longer tracks Facebook reactions, comments, and reshares.
- Makes it easy to post on social networks
- Spread the news of a company with just a few clicks
- I would have liked to have more communication directly with a customer success rep during implementation
- Setting up social posts
- Automating more of the system on the backend