Reviews (1-1 of 1)
Fishbowl is used by the entire organization. It maintains our inventory and we use it for purchasing, entering sales orders and manufacturing orders. It ensures we have everything in one system and works with Quickbooks.
- Inventory control - provides easy/accurate reports. Also, cycle counts can be done at any time. The warehouse team was easily trained.
- Sales Orders - Fishbowl allowed us to have the sales orders accessible to everyone and linked the customers' purchase order to the orders and work orders (within the system). It no longer needs to be manually linked.
- Custom reports - for a small fee we had reports customized specifically for our company.
- Link to Quickbooks - invoices generated directly after closure of sales order.
- In some instances when the sales orders contain "non inventory items," it is difficult to split up these items (i.e. design contract items) once they have been put into the system. The work flow is not intuitive to know what needs to be backed out, etc. For example, if a sales order is placed with a contract for $1000 but the next day we need to bill out only $600 ($400 later) - the entire $1000 gets billed out and can't be retracted.
- Shipping memos/packing lists - the link between the Quickbooks invoice number would be nice.
- Adding files to the vendor/part area, so I don't need to go to our PLM system to get the files.
Read this authenticated review
The purchasing function is very good - tracking and linking parts to sales orders, shortage reports, and part summaries.
Fishbowl Manufacturing (FBM) Scorecard Summary
About Fishbowl Manufacturing (FBM)
Fishbowl Manufacturing (FBM) is inventory management software targeted by the vendor as a low cost solution for SMB manufacturers, especially when integrated with Xero and Quickbooks as an end-to-end solution.
Fishbowl Manufacturing (FBM) Technical Details