Reviews (1-5 of 5)
July 16, 2018
The IT support is the only department using it. Other departments use RingCentral meetings to share screens with each other or to do conference calls. This tool allows IT to have unattended access to all computers in the company. It allows us to do that, but to also direct a user to a short, easy URL, download a very small program, and then give us full control over their PC with only a 6 digit code. Instead of shipping a computer to us, configuring it, and then shipping it out to a user, using more time and money, we just ship laptops directly to remote employees. It is very easy for us to walk a user through a few steps to set up the computer and get to a browser, to give us access. There is a very clear ROI for us for speeding up that process as well as helping show users how to solve problems immediately, without them having to do anything.
- Unattended access always works
- Deployment through MSI to all PCs in the company
- Stable and dependable. The app never has issues.
- Option to follow users' mouse if they have more than one screen but you are only using one screen to display their computer. It allows them to show you things without fighting for the mouse or having our view of their screen be too small.
- Lightweight. The app for on-demand remote controll, unattended access, and even the expert are all very small and not resource intentsive
- Be able to have detailed notes about the unattended computer. Currently, you just have a title of the computer and that's it. We can't fit much in the title but we do put, "HOSTNAME - SERVICE TAG - USER'S Name". If it's a spare computer we put "Unused" in place of the user's name.
- Be able to block user input. Sometimes they just don't stop moving the mouse or trying to type at the same time and it makes my job frustrating very quickly.
- Be able to block non-admins from being to remove the unattended client.
Read Justin Bongard's full review
It's great if you can mostly trust your users to want you to be able to remote into their computers. Our users rarely remove the app, but that would be a serious problem if you were trying to use this program to enforce control over the PCs. It does not offer reporting on the PCs in any way. If you just need a cheap, great, bare-bones remote desktop tool that works great on only PCs, then it's a no-brainer. I love this tool. If you have to support mobile, Apple, or Linux devices, this program would not help you out at all.
March 29, 2018
We use FixMe.IT for customer support service, installation, and demos.
- It is a breeze to get connected with users. It seems to get through firewalls, and users can in most cases find the button to click based on the browser to start the session. Other services it would take 10 minutes sometimes for the users to get connected. In addition, we added the FixMe.IT link within our software so users just click it and they in most cases connect in 10 seconds unless it is a slow browser or has high security.
- The feature they added a year ago to connect with up to 10 computers. Especially useful when installing remotely a network installation of our accounting software.
- Simple click to switch to our screen, their screen and other attached screens.
- Not sure if we are able to display multiple screens at the same time. For example the server and some workstations. I know we can click back and forth easily, but not sure if we can display them at the same time.
Read Mark Fredericks's full review
Best for support, demos. Don't think there is a conference number to call so if you want to demo to multiple locations we would need to conference the users in with our phone system.
March 29, 2018
Score 9 out of 10
I work for a copier dealership and I help a lot of customers remotely using fixme.it whenever they have printing/scanning issues with the copiers.
- Easy for customers to get me a Client ID
- No real lag time with the connection makes it easy for me to get done what I need to get done in a quick fashion
- Can reboot computer without having client to sign me back on
- Needs to be able to be used in a MAC environment
- That is only thing I would love for to be added to it
- Great Product
Read Nick Tietjen's full review
In any situation where you need to connect to another computer to help fix or resolve any computer/application issues.
[It] Provides a remote desktop service when other remote apps have not worked. [We are] Serving 900 users in 15 different locations so this is key.
Read Todd Cason's full review
Works when other remote apps do not connect well or when other apps run too slowly to be useful
We use FixMe.IT to support various types of problems on our users' machines.
Read Kevin Timmons's full review
It is well suited to use in supporting less technical savvy users. We direct the customer to a website and they click one button to initiate the support session.
FixMe.IT Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
FixMe.IT is a cost-effective remote support application that is designed to enable instant, secure, and trouble-free connections between remote computers anywhere in the world. The vendor's value proposition is that with FixMe.IT, support teams can quickly and securely view, diagnose, and resolve technical issues on a remote computer without pre-installing software.
- Has featureFree Trial Available?Yes
- Does not have featureFree or Freemium Version Available?No
- Does not have featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?No
- Entry-level set up fee?No
|Monthly subscription||$30||per seat|
|Yearly subscription||$300||per seat|
FixMe.IT Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
FixMe.IT Technical Details
|Deployment Types:||On-premise, SaaS|