FL Studio

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of FL Studio, and make your voice heard!

Fruity

Producer

Signature Bundle

What is FL Studio?

Belgian studio Image-Line Software offers FL Studio, the company's digital audio workstation (DAW) and audio editing application.

FL Studio Technical Details

On occasions that we are required to produce jingles or musical scores for clients we use FL Studio. This is primarily used within our events team in our recording studio. FL Studio is a well established piece of software that has an easy learning curve, with it we are able to meet our clients' demands for custom/handmade jingles or soundtracks.
  • Midi sequencing
  • Built in audio processing and VST instruments
  • Audio mixing
  • Music creation
  • The audio editing is made to be easy to use, and as such is missing some of the features included in more "serious" audio editing software.
FL Studio is great for quick audio editing, where you need to quickly make an edit to a song or add a new part to an existing song. Due to the included audio processing plugins, there is no need to purchase more to increase the software's capability. These features lend it to "out of the box" solutions, where quick implementation with no hidden costs is important. For serious audio editing and mix down, FL Studio is not well suited, as it is designed to be a good all round music creation software, rather than a dedicated audio editor.
I use FL Studio to record voice-overs and other audio for our YouTube channel videos. I also use FL Studio to create beats and tunes for our videos.

Having FL Studio addresses many problems. I can create my own original music with FL Studio rather than using other people's work. I can also record my voice-overs on the same software and mix them to create crispy clean audio. It has great features and presets, obviously more than what free open-source software offers.
  • The price of FL Studio isn't too harsh for beginners, which is great.
  • FL Studio has an infinite amount of features, samples, plugins and pre-sets.
  • It's easy to move around the music blocks in FL Studio's timeline.
  • It isn't too hard for beginners to adjust and get used to the interface.
  • The recording process can somewhat be confusing and inefficient.
  • FL Studio has a confusing routing, for example to use return tracks for reverbs, you will have to click numerous buttons to get that done.
  • FL Studio has a somewhat steep learning curve, which can demotivate beginners.
  • FL Studio's auto-saving feature is a bit late, which can ruin your project if you rely on it.
I would recommend FL Studio for anyone who wants to get their hands on music making or even just recording audio for videos. I would suggest making the somewhat small investment and trying it out, you could end up with a career from it.

For beginners I would definitely suggest watching online courses/tutorials as they helped me a lot and it will for you as well. Also, I would recommend using third party plugins which will help in fine tuning your projects and overall produce much better music/recordings.

FL Studio is well suited for businesses and personal use to make music. I would confidently say that its one of the best DAW to start making music.