Flipgrid is a video learning platform, acquired by Microsoft in 2018.
Products that are considered exceptional by their customers based on a variety of criteria win TrustRadius awards. Learn more about the types of TrustRadius awards to make the best purchase decision. More about TrustRadius Awards
- Video comments (8)10.0100%
- Video personalization (8)9.090%
- Embedded videos (8)9.090%
- Video link sharing (8)8.080%
Flipgrid is a video learning platform, acquired by Microsoft in 2018.
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
16 people also want pricing
Vidyard is an enterprise video platform built to turn viewers into customers with in-depth insights and robust integrations with different customer relationship management (CRM) and marketing automation platforms.
Vimeo is a video experience platform. They enable anyone to create high-quality video experiences to connect and bring ideas to life. They proudly serve their growing community of nearly 300 million users — from creative storytellers to globally distributed teams at the world's largest companies.
Features related to using video marketing content, as well as marketing videos themselves.
- 9Lead generation(2) Ratings
Tools such as contact forms and embedded calls to action, for converting viewers into leads.
- 9Video personalization(8) Ratings
Videos can be personalized based on unique details about the viewer, such as their name, company, photo, etc.
Integrations between the enterprise video platform and other business applications.
- 10Integration to LMS(5) Ratings
The video platform integrates with the user's learning management system.
Features related to the security of an organization's content stored on an enterprise video platform.
- 8Video access controls(7) Ratings
Admins can set permissions and restrictions to control who has access to video content, from where videos can be accessed, etc.
- 9User management(7) Ratings
Recognizes different types of users, such as internal viewers (employees), external viewers (customers or prospects), administrators, content creators/editors, etc. and allows for variable access based on the type of user.
- 8Video link sharing(8) Ratings
Allows users to generate hyperlinks for sharing individual videos or players.
- 8Internal video(5) Ratings
Supports an internal use case, e.g. hosting and distributing videos to employees for training purposes or corporate communications.
- 8External video(5) Ratings
Supports using video for external use cases, e.g. broadcasting to a general audience, customer communications, advertising to prospective customers, etc.
Features that support playing and watching video content that is hosted on the enterprise video platform.
- 7Player customization(5) Ratings
The video player can be customized according to the organization's desired look & feel.
- 9Embedded videos(8) Ratings
Video players can be embedded into HTML pages using embed codes.
- 6Video quality / Bandwidth controls(6) Ratings
Streaming is high quality, and users can set default bandwidth for optimal viewing.
- 8Mobile compatibility(7) Ratings
The video player allows viewers to watch videos from mobile devices.
Features related to collecting and analyzing data around video streaming quality, viewer behavior, etc.
- 9Streaming quality reports(1) Ratings
Quality control reports are available to monitor fluctuations in video streaming quality.
- 10Per viewer tracking(4) Ratings
Tracks behavior of individual viewers as they engage with videos.
- 9Per video tracking(5) Ratings
Tracks engagement trends across all viewers of a particular video.
- 10Video analytics dashboard(2) Ratings
Includes a dashboard view of video performance metrics.
Features related to hosting, managing, and storing video content.
- 9Video upload & format support(4) Ratings
The platform allows users to upload video files and supports a range of video formats.
- 9.9Video library / File management(5) Ratings
Videos can be organized in a searchable repository with a sensical file structure.
- 9Video portal(3) Ratings
Users can create a portal to showcase or highlight certain videos, either by selecting a specific video or videos and placing it in a marquee position or using data-based criteria like viewer ratings to determine video placement.
Features to engage viewers around video content, particularly for live streams.
- 10Audience polling(1) Ratings
Users can poll viewers during live video events, and display the results.
- 10Audience Q&A / Live chat(2) Ratings
Allows for two-way communication between individual viewers and video event hosts.
- 10Video comments(8) Ratings
Viewers can comment publicly on videos.
- Tech Details
- Clear for students to crate videos
- Allows students to share work with each other
- Would like to require word count for comments
- Engage students in Speaking activities
- Provides a wide variety of methods to share the activity (Google Classroom, Teams, etc)
- Design of activities is made easier, because you are able to add images, videos, documents, etc.
- Adding the emojis at the end is something that is unnecessary and makes the page freeze.
- The internet usage should be adapted, for example if students have a slow connection adapting the quality of the videos would be ideal so everyone can watch doesn't matter the speed.
- As a teacher, I'd like to be able to grade this videos in the platform to get a full report.
- Ease of use for students.
- Teacher support and community encouraged by the company.
- Students can get carried away with stickers and filters with their recordings.
- Issues arise if students have to use older devices.
- Flipgrid does an excellent job of amplifying student voice by giving students a voice in a variety of ways, using their mouth, drawing their responses, and demonstrating their learning on their Flipgrid board.
- Flipgrid allows teachers to share their best practices and lessons by uploading ideas into the Disco Library located on the Flipgrid platform.
- Flipgrid allows students to build community and connect with others by following and participating in #FlipgridFever on Twitter and Instagram.
- At this time, Flipgrid is doing things right by listening to its users, teachers, and students.
- Flipgrid allows teachers to post a question to students on how they accomplished a particular task. This is important because it shows the students process and also gives them an opportunity to teach others.
- Flipgrid allows teachers to make a "mixed tape" of student responses and use it for assessment. This allows teachers to show parents and administrators whether student growth.
- Flipgrid has a great feature that allows teachers to post their Flipgrids with the community. The community can reuse the questions and edit them. This allows collaboration among fellow teachers.
- Not only can teachers post questions but they can also record themselves asking the question. This is great for non-readers and English Language Learners.
- Fligrid can improve using mixed tapes. I feel if it's not pointed out, teachers don't necessarily know it can be done.
- When setting up the topic, some of the personalization choices are hard to find or down the page. It would be easier to choose the most used settings and making them the default - like the privacy settings.
- I also believe the word Grid should be substituted with class. Teachers are always confused about what the Grid and topic are.
Flipgrid is more difficult to use with adults. Most adults are self-conscious recording themselves and can even be suspicious of the person wanting a recorded answer.
- Integrates with other resources in education. App smashing with Newsela, Wakelet, etc.
- Allows students to have a voice in their learning.
- Helps in sharing with families and other educators what students are learning.
- Fun and easy to learn.
- I think Flipgrid is great. They listen to users to continuously make the product better!
- Student voice is a primary focus and enhanced through the use of Flipgrid.
- Flipgrid is a fun tool that the students enjoy using, simply through the "selfie" and social-media feel.
- It is easy and simple to use by both staff and students.
- If there was more of an admin-panel to customize settings for our district and manage our staff.
- The ability to "default" settings across Flipgrid and not per-grid or topic
- The ability for the students to write notes to read off of prevents them from saying a bunch of "um.." "uh..."
- Student Voice is empowered with Flipgrid. The quietest kids in the class are able to speak knowing that it is just them, the computer screen, and their teacher.
- Flipgrid makes it fun by providing students to personalize their selfie with stickers.
- I wish students could log into Flipgrid and download their previous videos.
- Need integration of grades into more learning management systems
- There is always an introduction topic for every grid. I wish this could be turned off after using Flipgrid for a while.
- Enhances student voice and gives them a platform to share their voice with others. Helps bring attention to the quiet students or those hesitant to share or ask questions.
- Easy navigation and simple for teachers to create assignments, embed materials, link to Google apps, etc.
- Teachers can keep track of al student video submissions right from within Flipgrid. Not need to manage it anywhere else!
- Offers ways for students who might be hesitant to show their face, ways to hide it with clip art, etc.
- This is small, but I've had a difficult time grabbing the embed code from Flipgrid and embedding it into a Google Site or LMS. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Maybe there can be LTI integration with LMS platforms?