Free product designed to track audience reach, engagement, retention, conversions, etc. on mobile deviceshttps://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/ZM/FD/TC0U5CJ2EQ8W.pngFlurry Analytics - a very good analytics system, and for free!I'm using Flurry analytics mainly on mobile games. Checking retention on a daily basis, review revenues analysis and take decision based on it. Flurry analytics is one of the most accurate systems that I have worked with and provides me with the option to easily dig into reports and analyze anything I have in mind and track using events.,Flurry analytics is the only platform that gives rolling retention as a base. A new and great way to review apps' retention which is not based on actual day after install but an overall days of use. Flurry analytics have very thorough revenue analysis options which lets me dig into all the data I need.,There is no option to choose a timezone which will allow me to compare their data over other systems in other time zones. Could be nice to have more reporting screening options.,9,A very high ROI since it doesn't cost anything! I managed to get great insight on my clients games and mobile products without any need of a BI guy to create reports for me. Saves money on this as well.,,Slack, JIRA Software, Facebook for BusinessFlurry Analytics AnalyzedFlurry Analytics as applied to iOS apps allows the app owner to track usage of the app. Incorporating Flurry Analytics into an iOS app is extremely easy - register your app, download the SDK and incorporate the header and library into your project, and make standard method calls. Flurry's documentation is very well written and provides several examples of the use of the different method calls in code. Examples of analytics that can be tracked are number of times a user brought up a specific view; number of times a user tapped a button; time spent in a given view or in a specific activity within the app.,From a programming perspective, there really aren't any improvements that I can think of. From the app owner perspective, limits on certain demographics can seem like a hindrance to data collection, but these restrictions are typically imposed by Apple, not by Flurry.,10,Tracking the number of times a user taps a help button can help to improve the app design. Perhaps the app is not as intuitive as first thought, and improvements based upon where in the help feature a user taps will lead to improvements in the app design to make it more intuitive. Tracking the number of times certain app features are used, or the amount of time spent within a given activity in the app can help to streamline an app - improve upon features that are used more frequently while eliminating less popular activities. Tracking time spent within an app can give an idea as to how popular the app is.,10,10FlurishIt was used to track Mobile App Store visits and downloads of our iOS and Android application. We would direct our audience to download our mobile app, but would lose our tracking when they hit the app stores. Flurry filled that gap.,Direct number of referrals to the app store Measured who visited and actually downloaded the app,I didn't use the product enough to comment on needed functionality.,7,It improved highly focused marketing due to knowledge of best referral pages.,,1Flurry analytics iOS pros and cons, improvement areasSetting up customized dashboards and notifications is easy Support for offline analytics - key use case for our tablet app Some of the mobile analytics packages I explored did not have multi-platform support. Flurry offers great support for both android and iOS,Some of the metrics could be inaccurate ( our app has links to other apps, when a user tapped on these links, they were not accurately tracked. Note - could have been a bug, and, and might have been fixed in latest sdk) Exporting data to excel - needs better support Unsure if I agree with how session timeouts / new sessions are tracked,Higher engagement ( helped improve first use experience of app) Exposed revenue opportunity ( helped establish a link between target demographic Anne their preference for a particular type of EMC PRODUCT) Reduced churn rate ( given easy way to set up conversion funnels),7,7A solid review and word of caution for FlurryFlurry can track in-depth metrics across your app. This allows us to see every type of interaction our app users are performing.,The biggest problem that we have with Flurry is the flexibility to look at multiple app metrics simultaneously- as in a roll-up type report. We have 100+ apps; iOS and Android, phone and tablet, that are all broken out individually. We frequently would like to look at our apps as a whole, or the same app across all platforms, or all of out iOS apps, etc. Currently, we have to pull individual reports and aggregate them by hand ourselves. Perhaps it might be the 100+ apps that we have tracking in Flurry, but Flurry can run slowly at times.,We've been able to use Flurry to help address the efficiency of our app layouts. This has helped with downloads of our apps, engagement with the apps and our company, and other efficiencies. Flurry has helped us identify other internal problems between app development and customer use.,7,7
Flurry Analytics

Flurry Analytics Reviews

Flurry Analytics
Filter 23 vetted Flurry Analytics reviews and ratings
Tsahi Tal profile photo
August 24, 2018

Review: "Flurry Analytics - a very good analytics system, and for free!"

I'm using Flurry analytics mainly on mobile games.
  • Flurry analytics is the only platform that gives rolling retention as a base. A new and great way to review apps' retention which is not based on actual day after install but an overall days of use.
  • Flurry analytics have very thorough revenue analysis options which lets me dig into all the data I need.
  • There is no option to choose a timezone which will allow me to compare their data over other systems in other time zones.
  • Could be nice to have more reporting screening options.
Well suited for games who don't have enough budgets to purchase the big analytics platforms.
Flurry analytics is completely free for use to anyone who wants it!

Less suited for non mobile apps products and also not suited at all for deep game economy analysis if you are interested in balancing games economies.
Read Tsahi Tal's full review
Stephen Jaynes profile photo
November 11, 2015

User Review: "Flurry Analytics Analyzed"

• Flurry Analytics as applied to iOS apps allows the app owner to track usage of the app.
  • Incorporating Flurry Analytics into an iOS app is extremely easy - register your app, download the SDK and incorporate the header and library into your project, and make standard method calls.
  • Flurry's documentation is very well written and provides several examples of the use of the different method calls in code.
  • Examples of analytics that can be tracked are number of times a user brought up a specific view; number of times a user tapped a button; time spent in a given view or in a specific activity within the app.
  • From a programming perspective, there really aren't any improvements that I can think of.
  • From the app owner perspective, limits on certain demographics can seem like a hindrance to data collection, but these restrictions are typically imposed by Apple, not by Flurry.
I would encourage a colleague to use Flurry Analytics. Incorporating Flurry Analytics in an app is a simple and straightforward task, and will take the average app developer less than 15 minutes to understand and apply. This amount of time is nothing in the grand scheme of the development of the app, and the return on time invested to incorporate it is great. New tracking features can be added at any time.
Read Stephen Jaynes's full review
Benjamin Barniskis profile photo
May 12, 2014

Flurry Analytics Review: "Flurish"

• Direct number of referrals to the app store
  • Measured who visited and actually downloaded the app
  • I didn't use the product enough to comment on needed functionality.
Do you have an app in both mobile app stores? Do you need to report on number of downloads and visits for your app? Do you have a limited budget? Flurry was a strong alternative to Apple's in-store analytics, especially when it came to cost. The ability to handle both app stores made it the perfect choice.
Read Benjamin Barniskis's full review
Kiran Naiga profile photo
December 24, 2013

Review: "Flurry analytics iOS pros and cons, improvement areas"

• Setting up customized dashboards and notifications is easy
  • Support for offline analytics - key use case for our tablet app
  • Some of the mobile analytics packages I explored did not have multi-platform support. Flurry offers great support for both android and iOS
  • Some of the metrics could be inaccurate ( our app has links to other apps, when a user tapped on these links, they were not accurately tracked. Note - could have been a bug, and, and might have been fixed in latest sdk)
  • Exporting data to excel - needs better support
  • Unsure if I agree with how session timeouts / new sessions are tracked
Look for multi platform support
Research how active the live customer support organization is
Look for a good balance of both user acquisition and engagement metrics
Read Kiran Naiga's full review
December 10, 2013

Flurry Analytics: "A solid review and word of caution for Flurry"

• Flurry can track in-depth metrics across your app. This allows us to see every type of interaction our app users are performing.
  • The biggest problem that we have with Flurry is the flexibility to look at multiple app metrics simultaneously- as in a roll-up type report. We have 100+ apps; iOS and Android, phone and tablet, that are all broken out individually. We frequently would like to look at our apps as a whole, or the same app across all platforms, or all of out iOS apps, etc. Currently, we have to pull individual reports and aggregate them by hand ourselves.
  • Perhaps it might be the 100+ apps that we have tracking in Flurry, but Flurry can run slowly at times.
The key question I would have is how many apps they have or would want to track, and how important is it to be able to look at all of their apps in an aggregate view for analysis. If they are in a similar situation as our company and have a higher budget, I would probably point them in another direction.
August 14, 2013

Review: "Flurry Analytics excels at high level tracking, but sometimes hard to turn information into something actionable"

• Gives basic tracking capabilities which can help optimize first time experience.
  • Lots of high level metrics easily available.
  • Benchmarks for many metrics so you can compare yourself within the industry.
  • Many metrics are inaccurate (i.e. in app purchasing overestimated by 1000s of units when compared to iTunes and AppFigures).
  • Complicated definition of retention. I had to do some detective work to figure out what I was even looking at.

About Flurry Analytics