Reviews (1-5 of 5)
January 07, 2020
The marketing department of my company uses Followerwonk to evaluate our clients' Twitter presence as well as the presence of our clients' competitors. It helps us understand true reach, especially when working with influencers who may claim a larger reach than they actually have. For example, an influencer may have 150,000 followers, but Followerwonk allows us to see how many of those followers are active on Twitter. This has helped us give our clients real data that is incredibly valuable.
If you need to understand your audiences or your competitors' audiences, Followerwonk is an excellent tool for that. Unfortunately it is only for Twitter, so if you are looking to understand your followers on other networks you will want to use another tool with more robust network connections. However, if all you need is Twitter it's an excellent tool.
Read this authenticated review
I've never used their support. I've never needed to.
February 04, 2015
Score 7 out of 10
Follerwonk has been utilized in our marketing department for the past several months to help increase the efficiency of our social media strategy. By identifying when our followers are most active on social media, we are able to better target our message and get the most utility out of each tweet. By being more efficient with the times we are tweeting, we can make sure the message we are delivering will hit the maximum number of users possible.
- Graphical representation of data. Followerwonk does a good job of graphically representing the most active times for your followers. It makes it very easy to be able to make educated business decisions at a glance.
- Connections with Buffer. The Marketing team utilizes Buffer to schedule social media posts and to analyze interactions with posts. Followerwonk seamlessly integrates with this tool to automatically schedule tweets with the most popular times. This is important for us because as our follower count grows, the usage trends may also change. Followerwonk allows us to stay in front of the most number of people possible.
- Twitter segmentation. Followerwonk makes finding new, relevant users incredibly easy. By enabling a search feature that combs through Twitter profiles for keywords, I am able to find incredibly relevant users to follow.
- I would like to see some additional social media channels other than Twitter.
- It would be nice to be able to do additional drill-downs on sorted follower lists to help segment followers even further.
- Having a real-time push to partner applications like Buffer and include some of the Followerwonk data in the Buffer reports.
Read Ryan Williams, MBA's full review
I would not recommend Followerwonk to a company who wasn't taking their Twitter strategy seriously. If it's something that receives very little attention or something that isn't being contributed to with any regularity or consistency, there's little need to understand more about your customers and users. However, there if social media is a component that is critical in your industry or in your business, knowledge is the key to success. Followerwonk allows your social media team to have the deep insight they need to make impressions on Twitter. The Followerwonk tool also allows you to become and remain competitive against others in your space by seeing how you stack up against them, who they follow, and what authority they have on Twitter.
December 09, 2014
Score 9 out of 10
We have a small boutique agency that facilitates smart digital marketing. We primarily use the tool to help clients realize and optimize their twitter presence. We have also used Followerwonk for our own Twitter efforts to help us find more relevant followers and users to follow. It helps us address reach and influence in our specific local target market.
- Allows you to search for Twitter users based on a keyword or trait
- Analyze anyone’s Twitter followers or the accounts they follow based on a variety of metrics
- Track Twitter followers over time
- Sort your followers or those you follow based on name, days on Twitter, tweet count, etc.
- More Account viewing options on the track followers tab outside of yours and defined competitor's accounts
- Improvements to the Bio Word Cloud of followers in the Followers tab
Read Abby Teunissen's full review
Followerwonk is well-suited for those who are active and at least semi-influential on Twitter. Conversely, it is also very helpful for those just starting out on Twitter as the compare users tab allows for deep comparison to competitors or to those users who you aspire to become more like me in terms of Twitter activity and influence. The many, many analyzation metrics make Followerwonk a very valuable tool for Twitter users looking to grow or just polish their presence, both businesses and individuals alike. I'd recommend Follwerwonk for those who seek to better analyze and refine their social media influence.
FollowerWonk is used to supplement other social media monitoring and management tools. It is used by our digital marketing and content teams to provide deeper insight into our clients' Twitter followers and to help refine a client's content strategy. This is a great tool for any agency because it is able to sort Twitter followers by a number of different variables, most notably by the number of followers. FollowerWonk will provide a breakdown of followers to any Twitter account by social authority, helping determine which handles are worth reaching out to.
- Analyzing followers by region.
- Breaking out followers by social authority to inform outreach and content strategies.
- Exporting a full list of followers with bios and additional account information.
- To analyze a handle's followers, be prepared to wait up to 24 hours for the full report to be generated.
- There is no way for FollowerWonk to backfill follower number data, so you will only be able to use the tracking feature after you have begun to track a handle.
- The limit on the number of followers that can be sorted within the platform is fairly low, so big brands will have trouble with some of FollowerWonk's functionality.
Read Christopher Wilson's full review
This is a great research and monitoring tool to supplement a social media management tool, but keep in mind that FollowerWonk is only able to examine Twitter data. This platform is great at what it does, and it is a great value-added tool for a Moz pro subscription, which is necessary for anyone serious about SEO.
Followerwonk helped us do market research for our clients. We also used the tool to create personas for clients' prospective audience, marketing strategies, and outreach campaigns. It helped us find thought leaders and industry moguls. We were able to expand clients' reach and audience through partnerships with prominent industry bloggers and journalists.
- Followerwonk does a great job of providing a way to compare several Twitter users.
- I also really like the way Followerwonk makes it so easy to analyze and compare Twitter followers.
- I would have to use Followerwonk and other tools a lot more to find gaps and ways that Followerwonk could improve its service.
Read this authenticated review
I use Followerwonk for market research and finding new industry leaders, and would recommend its service if a colleague approached me with the same desire.
Followerwonk Scorecard Summary
What is Followerwonk?
Twitter analytics: Understand followers, influencers; competitive research.
Categories: Social Media Analytics
- Does not have featureFree Trial Available?No
- Does not have featureFree or Freemium Version Available?No
- Does not have featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?No
- Entry-level set up fee?No
Followerwonk Technical Details