Reviews (1-2 of 2)
November 05, 2019
Score 9 out of 10
Forecast is currently being used in my organization to track resources through a project or account lifecycle. Forecast provided a largest benefit in that it is being used across departments and provides a holistic view of company resources. It gives an opportunity to integrate with Harvest which provides additional project details that correspond to budget. The seamless integration allows for efficiency in project and resource planning. Forecast makes it easy to schedule team across upcoming projects which allows for visibility to ensure projects are fully staffed and identify areas to hire.
- Assign and allocate resources.
- Identify lean departments and identify areas to increase headcount.
- Manage agile teams.
- Identify bottlenecks in departments or resourcing.
- More variation for resource-edge cases such as contractors.
Forecast is well suited to track resources throughout a project or account lifecycle. The biggest benefit Forecast offers is the ease of scheduling resources across upcoming projects. This allows managers to confirm that projects are fully staffed or see which resources are over-allocated. This often will lead to department heads to analyze teams and determine whether more resources are required to be hired.
Read this authenticated review
I have not needed support for Forecast.
May 28, 2018
Score 7 out of 10
Forecast is used company wide and is primarily driven by the project managers. This is used to manage agency projects and individual schedule to ensure that individuals are not severely under or overbooked. Forecast is used in combination with Harvest and Asana as a portion of our overall agency workflow.
- Schedule visualization. Harvest makes it very easy to see how many hours of work are being assigned to each individual.
- When used with Harvest it makes for a powerful tool for determining how much time was spent on projects in comparison to their estimates.
- Data can easily be pulled to make future decisions on project estimates, as well as individual strengths and weaknesses.
- Not as intuitive as its companion software, Harvest. This software takes longer to learn when on-boarding new staff. It is also difficult to view time notes without needing to physically open them up. This could be improved by expanding the "on hover" functionality. Personally, having spent as little time in workflow software is really important, as it gives me more time to code.
- Because we use this software to plan schedules, items often fall through the cracks. I would like to see some more sophisticated syncing with not only Harvest but also with Asana.
- Lack of integration with Asana. It would be nice to pull data from forecast and display it in Asana. This would be helpful for understanding how much time I have to spend on a project rather than bounce back and forth between web apps.
Read Timothy King's full review
Forecast is well suited for tracking schedules, especially if it is only being controlled by a single department. When it comes to using Forecast in a larger ecosystem with more "cooks in the kitchen" it would be helpful to have the software more easily integrated with other software.
Forecast Scorecard Summary
The vendors' goal is to help users decrease the amount of ad-hoc and administrative work they have to do everyday. The vendor promises Forecast will free up room to focus on evolving, improving and empowering people to think innovatively, whether they are developing software, managing larger IT projects, designing, structuring, acting or simply steering the company in the right direction.
Forecast's approach is to increase agility through continuous improvement and learning that leverages Artificial Intelligence (AI). The vendor believes that instead of spending time collecting data, users should be spending time acting from data, so that they can move from a project-first mentality to a client-first mentality and deliver better results.
Understand and know how to best utilize your capacityEasily plan and adjust workloads across the entire resource pool to prevent bottlenecks.Have everything in one place to groom the backlog, plan the sprint, and track the progress and velocity.Share real time reports with stakeholders to help them make important decisionsUnderstand the true cost of each project
- Has featureFree Trial Available?Yes
- Does not have featureFree or Freemium Version Available?No
- Does not have featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?No
- Entry-level set up fee?Optional
|Lite (Annual subscription)||$29||per seat (billed annually)|
|Pro (Annual subscription)||$49||per seat (billed anually)|
Forecast Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Forecast Technical Details
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android|
|Supported Languages:||English, Danish, French|