Reviews (1-3 of 3)
June 02, 2020
Score 9 out of 10
Forescout CounterACT is used throughout the organization. Business problems it addresses are the compliance criteria of endpoints in organization. This is a mandatory requirement from regulatory bodies.
- Complete visibility of devices connected in your network
- Non-compliant system managed by Forescout can be controlled by restricting access
- Implementation with heterogeneous network infrastructure
- Windows level processes running on endpoints can be identified
- Restrict non-corporate domain/guests systems connecting to network
- Integration with patch management tools
- Grow the Forescout community to help in addressing concern for a larger audience via channels
- More training and demos for latest FS versions released
- GUI can be made more interactive and aesthetic in appearance
Read Harmesh Trivedi's full review
It is well suited in Banking industry and other enterprise companies where it is difficult to manage visibility and compliance in an organization. Telecom companies and IT companies also benefit a lot to get deeper into their network and stop the attack traversing in their network. Dashboards help management to get the complete picture and can be focused on concern points where there are a lot of non-domain systems, non-compliant systems, guests systems, etc.
January 16, 2018
Score 10 out of 10
CounterAct is used to protect our network from unauthorized devices connecting to our network. We use it to ensure that only authorized and company owned assets are able to connect. We also use it to enable a guest network and move unauthorized machines to our guest network where we use the CounterACT guest registration system to enforce guest registration. Guest registration requires that a guest is approved by the employee they are visiting.
Read Mitchell Greenfield's full review
ForeScout is great on a network where you have authorized assets are able to authenticate to them. If you have a mixed environment where you can't authenticate to devices it is probably less appropriate.
April 04, 2017
Score 8 out of 10
Forescout CounterAct is being used by the IT department. The main reason behind the purchase of Forescout was for Network Access Control. We wanted to make sure any device connected to our network that was not property of our company to be segregated off our company network and pushed directly to a separate network with only internet access.
- Network Access Control does a great job of identifying unmanaged devices on the network and "quarantining" them.
- The inventory feature of CounterAct is a handy place to see what version of applications are running on which machines on our network.
- Policies can be very intricate.
- Policies ability to be very intricate also adds complexity to the building of the policy.
- Initial configuration is complex
- Uses SMB1 which is a vulnerable version - needs to be updated asap.
Read this authenticated review
ForeScout CounterACT is well suited for a company looking to strengthen their network security. It has allowed us to be confident that there is not a rogue device connecting directly into our network to gain access to company information. It may not be suitable to a company with a small IT department as it does require time up front to initially configure and on an on-going basis to manage.