Forescout Platform (CounterACT)
Forescout CounterACT is used throughout the organization. Business problems it addresses are the compliance criteria of endpoints in …
CounterAct is used to protect our network from unauthorized devices connecting to our network. We use it to ensure that only authorized …
Forescout CounterAct is being used by the IT department. The main reason behind the purchase of Forescout was for Network Access Control. …
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
1 person want pricing too
Forescout Technologies headquartered in San Jose actively defends the Enterprise of Things by identifying, segmenting and enforcing compliance of every connected thing. Forescout boasts a widely deployed, enterprise-class platform at scale across IT, IoT, and OT managed and unmanaged devices. Forescout arms customers with device intelligence, in order to allow organizations across every industry to classify risk, detect anomalies and quickly remediate cyberthreats without disruption of critical business assets.
Active defense for the Enterprise of Things. Don’t just see it. Secure it.
Companies can't remove reviews or game the system. Here's why
Forescout CounterACT is used throughout the organization. Business problems it addresses are the compliance criteria of endpoints in organization. This is a mandatory requirement from regulatory bodies.
- Complete visibility of devices connected in your network
- Non-compliant system managed by Forescout can be controlled by restricting access
- Implementation with heterogeneous network infrastructure
- Windows level processes running on endpoints can be identified
- Restrict non-corporate domain/guests systems connecting to network
- Integration with patch management tools
- Grow the Forescout community to help in addressing concern for a larger audience via channels
- More training and demos for latest FS versions released
- GUI can be made more interactive and aesthetic in appearance
It is well suited in Banking industry and other enterprise companies where it is difficult to manage visibility and compliance in an organization. Telecom companies and IT companies also benefit a lot to get deeper into their network and stop the attack traversing in their network. Dashboards help management to get the complete picture and can be focused on concern points where there are a lot of non-domain systems, non-compliant systems, guests systems, etc.
They are prompt in their response with a complete resolution once they have identified the problem. Other OEM's generally give stop-gap arrangements and then later come with new upgrade versions. This gives downtime tasks to customers often, which isn't appreciated. Given the criticality of this software, their support is prompt.
CounterAct is used to protect our network from unauthorized devices connecting to our network. We use it to ensure that only authorized and company owned assets are able to connect. We also use it to enable a guest network and move unauthorized machines to our guest network where we use the CounterACT guest registration system to enforce guest registration. Guest registration requires that a guest is approved by the employee they are visiting.
- Ensure authorized devices only connect to our network
- Guest registration
- Endpoint visibility
- Thick client UI could use some updates to be web based
ForeScout is great on a network where you have authorized assets are able to authenticate to them. If you have a mixed environment where you can't authenticate to devices it is probably less appropriate.
Forescout CounterAct is being used by the IT department. The main reason behind the purchase of Forescout was for Network Access Control. We wanted to make sure any device connected to our network that was not property of our company to be segregated off our company network and pushed directly to a separate network with only internet access.
- Network Access Control does a great job of identifying unmanaged devices on the network and "quarantining" them.
- The inventory feature of CounterAct is a handy place to see what version of applications are running on which machines on our network.
- Policies can be very intricate.
- Policies ability to be very intricate also adds complexity to the building of the policy.
- Initial configuration is complex
- Uses SMB1 which is a vulnerable version - needs to be updated asap.
ForeScout CounterACT is well suited for a company looking to strengthen their network security. It has allowed us to be confident that there is not a rogue device connecting directly into our network to gain access to company information. It may not be suitable to a company with a small IT department as it does require time up front to initially configure and on an on-going basis to manage.