We used Formstack Documents [(formerly WebMerge)] to move our internal sales proposal generation process from structured data entry to a final, client-ready presentation. We also used Formstack Documents [(formerly WebMerge)] within our consulting services department to generate client documentation, sign off forms, and other client-facing forms. The solution allowed us to bridge data entry into formal and final client documents. The ability to generate editable documents rather than just PDF also gave us the flexibility to customize the document after generation, which meant that we could keep our structured data simpler and still achieve easy, custom results for each document.
- Excellent integration with other popular platforms
- Clear and usable documentation to walk through setup in a number of scenarios
- Responsive support that provided appropriate answers when we had questions
- Flexibility in use cases that support multiple modes of use
- Integration with a third-party platform through Zapier tended to be very limited in actual functionality
- The functionality for testing as you roll out a new document, particularly one using a different method than previously used, was cumbersome and errors weren't always clear
- Documentation of field naming conventions sometimes was not clear, leading to some additional troubleshooting to figure out syntax when trying to integrate
Formstack Documents [(formerly WebMerge)] is extremely well-suited to relatively simple document generation across a variety of target formats. It also does much better than other options I tried out when I was dealing with relational data, as opposed to single table data, on the source side. It is a single direction solution - put data in, get document out - so it wouldn't be as great a choice for documents that are iterative and need updates from the source data; you will generate an entirely new document each time.