Reviews (1-25 of 72)
- Very intuitive and simple use, while offering a lot of advanced features that offer a lot of control.
- The conditional logic features allow us to build complex forms that walk users through a process, dynamically showing or hiding fields based on their previous selections.
- Simple and seamless payment integrations.
- The Wordpress plugin had been a bit fickle (but I think they have improved this recently).
- Date and time fields cannot be used to trigger conditions (would come in VERY handy for an institution working with a lot of
- The number of clicks in and out of different screen to finish setting up, say a custom email response, can be a bit tedious sometimes.
- Analytics--being able to track bottlenecks, abandonment, and time to complete.
- Page and question logic was good.
- When discussing the scope of engagement, Formstack indicated a partnership with another company that would allow us to aggregate the survey data with our internal data. That partnership was oversold.
- We were looking for a way to capture data in a table form. They could accommodate a small table, but not a large one, resulting in us having to modify the layout.
- Allows for unique situations. As a school, we don't have the luxury of being cookie cutter. Neither do our forms.
- Support. If we don't know how to do it, their support team has been very helpful and actually attempts to understand the issue on hand.
- User friendliness. In our field we have a phrase: "what if you get hit by a bus?" With Formstack, you can "get hit by the bus" and someone else can jump in and still keep things running (this is used as a phrase for illness, not termination).
- The overall look. I couldn't get it on brand until I used the embed section and had the website take it over.
- There are times that the integrations haven't worked, and the only way we'd know is when we log in. There is now a field to notify you if this happens, but that does't help us if the third-party is down.
- I would like to see the unique field and the required field work together better. We want to force someone to select a spot, but have many spots at varying times. If you fill out one section and make the unique spaces required, that shuts down the form - and any remaining, supposed to be unaffected, areas.
- Formstack allowed us to customize the look and feel of our forms to match our branding. It was easy for our engineers to integrate the forms within our onboarding process to deliver a seamless experience.
- Formstack integrates well with HubSpot, our marketing automation platform of choice.
- Formstack offered us a lot of flexibility in the types/formats of questions we could deploy (open-ended text, multi-choice, single choice, etc.). This made it easy to get data the way we wanted and facilitated getting that data into HubSpot.
- Setting up our multi-step form took some getting used to. Some of the branching logic configuration wasn't as intuitive as would be ideal.
- Since we were pushing data directly into Hubspot, I found it cumbersome to deal with data storage limits within Formstack. I would get frequent notices that new responses were not being stored in Formstack and that I needed to upgrade or delete data. I got tired of that.
- More/easier support for custom fonts would have been a huge plus. We were able to customize the form's appearance, but had to make some concessions in that regard.
- Integrations with other systems
- Ability to create forms extremely easily
- Well laid out dynamic field filters.
- User based settings (saved lists) that don't effect other users.
- Proxy in as users (to help fix issues that they have due to permission limitations or departmental integrations)
We use Formstack for all of our lead capture across our whole website. Since implementing Formstack, we've seen an average lead conversion rate of around 20 - 30% -- and these aren't just any leads, these are warm, marketing qualified leads.
- I love how easy Formstack is to use.
- Building forms is a breeze , the support is great, and we love that it integrates seamlessly with Unbounce to give us quality, high converting lead pages.
- Formstack has helped us refine and define our lead capture process and following up with qualified prospects has become even easier.
- This wouldn't be the case for everyone, but we would love to see an integration with our CRM, Nutshell, without using Zapier.
- Formstack forms are very easy to build. The User Interface takes merely a few moments to figure out. Truly a drag and drop solution.
- Advanced features such as logic questions and A/B testing are seamlessly integrated.
- Their customer service is outstanding.
- Great admin portal for those managing account.
- The price point on the upper-tiers is a little high for what you get.
- Include a live chat feature for customer support.
- Their form builder tool is exceptionally easy to use so form creation and editing is easy to manage.
- Their data analysis tool is also easy to use and useful for generating compliance data reports
- They have been very responsive, in the past, to suggestions for improvement as well as in resolving minor issues
- Their user interface experience for end users is seamless and we rarely experience negative responses from end users
- Formstack offers a feature to allow for automated reminders to complete required forms on a recurring basis. This feature has not functioned effectively thus far.
- I would like to see the capacity for hand written note taking in a form field. Other form builders offer this function
- Easy & intuitive form builder that allows users to create forms
- Branding of forms with your company logo
- Logic within forms to show and hide fields
- Logic with email triggers to only send notifications when certain answers are filled out in the form
- Their workflow feature is still half-baked. Lacks enhanced features like logic & ending the workflow mid-step
- Some of their integrations are outdated and no longer supported so basically useless to our organization: ie.: Zendesk Integration
- No integration with Active Directory so user management is a pain
- Formstack is very user friendly for someone without a lot of experience using complex form building products.
- Formstack integrates easily with Salesforce allowing information to be collected and stored on relevant records.
- Formstack support responds quickly to any questions or concerns.
- More support troubleshooting Form Submission Failures/duplicate matching rules.
- Improved organization structure for storing forms on back-end.
- Ability to duplicate forms and ensure all rules copy into duplicate.
- Creating a database and graphics to communicate information from external sources.
- Integration in to assorted software.
- Creation of online forms that is easy and customizable for our programs.
- It would be great if the name of the field was more customizable and allowed for special formatting without a call out or other minimized things.
- Formstack is a simple way to create online forms. The interface is intuitive, and the embed codes don't require a high level of HTML or CSS knowledge to use.
- Formstack is quite versatile and customizable. There are plenty of options to make the forms specific to each task, and the graphics are easy to change.
- Formstack was selected by one of our geekiest tech guys, and we haven't had cause to complain.
- I jumped right in as a user on an existing account as a fairly technically savvy user with no training. Most things were pretty easy, but it did take me a while to figure out how to change the template of new forms when I wanted something other than the default.
- Conditional Logic: Formstack beats most form editors when it comes to "if, this, then let that happen"
- Integrations: Formstack integrates with a ton of third party applications, and if Formstack doesn't directly, then its Zapier integration probably does
- Embed: while its not the prettiest form output, it does embed nearly anywhere
- Buggy Updates: Formstack tends to make on-the-fly updates that break features. We run into this about once a year
- Appearance: the forms are starting to look dated compared to some of the competitors (looking at you, Typeform)
- Dynamic Data: passing data from one field to another is not-exactly doable
- Paid Add-Ons: the price for Formstack is already an arm and a leg; the fact that they have additional monthly paid add-ons is frustrating
- User Limits: user accounts barely do anything outside of 'view/edit' permissions, thus the low volume allocated seems a bit greedy at $10/user/mo for more
What it won't do - it won't wow the end user with a beautiful form, though you can skin it to look native to your website.
Good for Midsize to Enterprise, doesn't need a programmer: Aside from the semi-complex Wordpress integration, Formstack is really easy to use. Secretary types without coding experience would have no problem building a form and sharing it. Technically minded folk will enjoy the complex conditional logic and the support it provides with third party addons and payment systems.
Bad for small businesses: Formstack's not economical, and with the budget-friendly competition, most small businesses are out. Formstack does a good job at complex integrations and spends a sizeable amount of effort on its paid addons rather than improving its core product, so unless you plan on spending a lot monthly and need a bunch of forms, you probably can look elsewhere (Gravity Forms, Ninja Forms, etc).
With Formstack, we were able to create an online form that kept all the data together, and accessible via an export. The creation of the form was fairly easy, for our application. We just had to copy questions and sections, since all questions for each educational event were the same.
The only negative was the way the export pull, it pulled as one row. So, a staff member had to break the row down into multiple rows (one for every event). This might have been user error/oversight.
- The creation of the form was fairly easy, for our application. We just had to copy questions and sections.
- You can customize all questions/buttons/dates, etc. There was nothing that wasn't customizable.
- The ability to allow people to pause the survey/form and come back to it using a unique link really helped our chapters with being able to pass the form off to the right person.
- The export function wasn't user friendly. It might have been user error, but everything exported as one row. There should be different export options.
- Form builder is simple and easy to build to suite the needs of the form.
- Collection of data and analysis of submissions
- The latest upgrade of the form builder has created some extra time creating forms because placement of fields is not quite as easy.
We support many different frameworks and CMS solutions. Some of them have nice form solutions built in, and others don't. None of them are very consistent with each other. FormStack solves that, and wherever we have a web platform that doesn't have a good form system, we build out that site's contact forms on FormStack and embed them.
- Allows the visual building of generic forms that can easily fit into any website and that don't have to be created by a web developer.
- Offers fairly advanced conditions and automation scenarios that can occur, allowing for some complex form logic.
- Allows a choice of themes as well as the ability to override the form styling in your site's own CSS.
- The themes that come with FormStack don't look particularly good to me. We usually end up going with the most plain-looking one so that it's easiest to override with CSS, but it would be nice if there were really generic themes that would better fit in with an existing site and look more modern without as much CSS overriding being required.
- You can do a lot with the form logic in FormStack, but if you're used to having full control of the form output in a server language such as PHP, there it can be a big change having to think about things in terms of what you're able to accomplish through the FormStack UI. There are a lot of options, but it will probably never be as flexible as actually building a form yourself (but it sure is easier!).
- Internally within a form, the layout options are pretty limited. We have a lot of cases where we have custom-designed forms that are supposed to have some fields next to each other, or multiple columns of fields, etc. In those cases, using custom CSS to try and make those changes is usually the best answer, but it would be great if a non-developer had more layout options for form fields.
- Formstack is excellent for a simple UX style form. Users will never have trouble navigating these forms or understanding what is needed.
- Formstack is great for integrating with other solutions companies may use. This makes them a great addition to your overall workflow.
- The Formstack team is great at helping to provide ideas for how you can use their forms to improve your workflows. They are constantly releasing new features and services along with best practices for using them.
- From our standpoint, as an integration partner, it would be great to get more functionality out of our test users. We are constantly having to QA how Formstack is working with Octiv and our test users don't have the full functionality as our production user accounts.
- More reporting flexibility would be great, although it's hard to point to anyone else in this space who is doing it better.
Formstack essentially replaced our IT department's role of creating custom forms and database solutions, so they can focus on more appropriate and important tasks.
- Ease of setup - we can create something almost immediately.
- Conditional logic - enables the shortest form possible to be presented to the user, so forms can be comprehensive, but users only see the fields they need.
- Themes - allow us to make a form look exactly how we want them to look.
- Embedding - forms easily embed into our website, making the presentation seamless.
- Integrations - allow our users to harness submission data in the ways that they need.
- Sometimes how to integrate with 3rd parties isn't super obvious.
Our International Admission department has a pre-app form to capture interested international students as they begin our complex application process. The department is able to help guide them through that process by exporting their names from Formstack and comparing that list to an internal list of incomplete applications. They also integrate the form with Mailchimp to be able to communicate deadlines, important College information, etc.
- Ease of use in creating forms. For a non-tech person like myself, the learning curve is brief and form creating becomes more intuitive
- The interface options are many and relatively easy to configure.
- Templates are clean, crisp and easy to work with.
- I could see the help options improved by having clarifying instructions (or short tutorials) present as forms are being created so one doesn't have to leave a form to find help.
- We manage several smaller associations who have recurring events. Combining this with Stripe allows us to embed a professional looking form onto an existing website without having to pay for a third party event registration platform.
- Reusable templates, ability to copy forms, fields and sections allow us to deploy recurring forms quickly and accurately.
- 3rd party integrations solves many of our problems such as payment gateway (Stripe), coupons and reviews. We use reviews for membership applications which we really find very useful.
- The logic feature is great but it would be an improvement to allow logic on a per item level with radio buttons, select boxes and check marks.
- Working with themes can be cumbersome. I also don't think limiting themes is a good idea. It's an essential part of ones toolbox when designing a form. I get frustrated when I'm forced to delete one in order to create a new one.
- The mobile view is great for end users.
- 508 compliant, i.e. accesssible for all users.
- Easy to use, yet still has loads of features and flexibility.
- Great customer server. Any issue we have is resolved quickly.
- Confirmation email formatting is a little glitchy.
- Can't turn off notification emails for form approvers.
- Can't set up an approval process where either of two people can approve.
- Formstack is one of the few form sites we have found that lets you integrate payment into the form with Paypal rather than the user being kicked out to Paypal's website. That is a huge time saver for us, so we don't have to spend time chasing down payments.
- It is so easy to use. We set a custom template up with our branding and with one click we can drag and drop to make awesome forms!
- I wish there were some easier ways to set up multiple payment price points.
- It would be nice if Formstack had some more customized reporting on the forms. When we use them for events, it doesnt make the most user-friendly roster.
Formstack Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
Formstack is a cloud-based online form building solution designed to help organizations build powerful web forms without any coding knowledge.
The form builder serves over 500,000 people in 112 countries. Users can embed mobile-friendly forms on their websites and social media profiles to capture leads, gather feedback from customers and employees, collect online payments, and much more.
The platform integrates with over 50 web applications, including apps for CRM management, email marketing, payment processing, and document management.
Formstack offers a specialized Workflows product that helps users turn time-consuming processes into seamless digital workflows. Users can track their workflows across departments, and use special analytics tools to identify system and communication bottlenecks.
Other product offerings include conversion rate optimization tools for marketers and HIPAA compliance for healthcare and HR users.
- Has featureFree Trial Available?Yes
- Has featureFree or Freemium Version Available?Yes
- Does not have featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?No
- Entry-level set up fee?No
|Silver||$39||All Base Features + 5 Users|
|Gold||$99/mo||All Base Features + Facebook Tab Embed + Salesforce & HubSpot Integrations + 100 Forms + 10,000 Submissions + 10 Users|
|Platinum||$249/mo||All Base Features + Facebook Tab Embed + Salesforce & HubSpot Integrations + Priority Support + 1,000 Forms + 100,000 Submissions + 25 Users|
|Bronze||$19/mo||All base features + 1 User|
We also offer a variety of Add-on features: Workflows, Conversion Kit, Portals, Approvals
Formstack Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
Formstack Technical Details
|Mobile Application:||Mobile Web|
|Supported Languages:||Albanian, Arabic, Chinese, Chinese (Traditional), Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kazakh, Norwegian (Bokmål), Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Polish, Portuguese, Thai, Turkish and Vietnamese|