FortiAP Reviews

January 21, 2020

FortiAP - It's the AP for your environment

FortiAP has been a success every time we have implemented it for multiple customers. There is a model for any environment you wish to deploy WiFi in.
  • Built sturdy for harsh environments.
  • They perform and/or surpass performance levels shown on their data sheets.
  • No cons to report. There APs are as good, or better than others on the market
The FortiAP is suited for any environment. There is a model that will satisfy your need; harsh indoor/outdoor environments are no issue. Low/high-density areas are handled great with these APs.
Nathan Venno | TrustRadius Reviewer
September 19, 2017

FortiAP - definitely business level wireless

Our main headquarters is spread over three buildings. I have implemented FortiAPs at two of the three. I also have installed them at our two remote offices. These provide wireless for all users in the office. I also provide a Guest SSID for visitors which is segregated from our main network - Internet only. This devices provide excellent coverage for all my offices. I have not heard one complaint about them since installing them. I also have the ability to monitor traffic on these devices and see who is doing what. I haven't implemented the various built in features (AV, Malware, App monitoring) as my Fortinet firewalls take care of that aspect for me.
  • Excellent coverage - we use the smaller models - FP321 and 221, but I have never had an issue with coverage for my users.
  • Easy to install - configuration and deploy is super simply - our network isn't super complex, but I had no issues rolling these out.
  • FortiCloud allows me to monitor my AP network easily and quickly - gives me alerts, updates and status on a single pane of glass.
  • Deploying your first AP is a little confusing - you need to register it with Fortinet, and then deploy it. I am a master now, but this took me call to support to understand how to roll these out.
  • Adding them in to the correct folders on Forticloud took a little bit of figuring out, but again, once I had it it was simple.
Any rollout is well suited for a FortiAP - from small office networks, to large warehouse deployments. Adding additional APs to your network is simple and easy. Monitoring is simple with Forticloud monitoring. Configuring the devices can be as complex or as simple as you need. Adding additional Fortinet devices (I have switches and firewalls) makes the network even more secure and easy to manage - all devices working in tandem make monitoring much easier.
Read Nathan Venno's full review

About FortiAP

FortiAP is an access point from Fortinet.