Reviews (1-2 of 2)
January 21, 2020
FortiAP has been a success every time we have implemented it for multiple customers. There is a model for any environment you wish to deploy WiFi in.
The FortiAP is suited for any environment. There is a model that will satisfy your need; harsh indoor/outdoor environments are no issue. Low/high-density areas are handled great with these APs.
Read this authenticated review
Fortinet support is outstanding! They are second to none. They pay attention to details and the needs of the customer.
September 19, 2017
Score 10 out of 10
Our main headquarters is spread over three buildings. I have implemented FortiAPs at two of the three. I also have installed them at our two remote offices. These provide wireless for all users in the office. I also provide a Guest SSID for visitors which is segregated from our main network - Internet only. This devices provide excellent coverage for all my offices. I have not heard one complaint about them since installing them. I also have the ability to monitor traffic on these devices and see who is doing what. I haven't implemented the various built in features (AV, Malware, App monitoring) as my Fortinet firewalls take care of that aspect for me.
- Excellent coverage - we use the smaller models - FP321 and 221, but I have never had an issue with coverage for my users.
- Easy to install - configuration and deploy is super simply - our network isn't super complex, but I had no issues rolling these out.
- FortiCloud allows me to monitor my AP network easily and quickly - gives me alerts, updates and status on a single pane of glass.
- Deploying your first AP is a little confusing - you need to register it with Fortinet, and then deploy it. I am a master now, but this took me call to support to understand how to roll these out.
- Adding them in to the correct folders on Forticloud took a little bit of figuring out, but again, once I had it it was simple.
Any rollout is well suited for a FortiAP - from small office networks, to large warehouse deployments. Adding additional APs to your network is simple and easy. Monitoring is simple with Forticloud monitoring. Configuring the devices can be as complex or as simple as you need. Adding additional Fortinet devices (I have switches and firewalls) makes the network even more secure and easy to manage - all devices working in tandem make monitoring much easier.
Read Nathan Venno's full review
I've never had an issue they could not resolve. They are diligent and thorough and also explain what is wrong and how to fix it. I don't like not understanding a product I deploy, and least on some level. Their support helps me to understand issues and how it can be resolved.
FortiAP Scorecard Summary
What is FortiAP?
FortiAP is an access point from Fortinet.
Categories: Wireless LAN
FortiAP Technical Details