Frame.io in New York offers a video collaboration platform, supporting the video editing process by providing creative teams with time stamped comments, annotations and hashtags, and an accelerated sharing and approval process, as well as integrations with popularly used editing tools (e.g. Final Cut Pro) to enhance the editing and collaboration process.Frame.io Fantastically Frees Up Time for EditorsFrame.io is used for our video team and higher-ups in the marketing department. Anyone that needs to review any of our videos has access to Frame.io. This includes all studio employees, team leads, management, and any faculty that is used as talent per each video.,The best part of Frame.io is the ability to have all video edits from different departments on ONE page. Instead of receiving four different emails with timecodes (if we are lucky), I can open my video in Frame.io and see all edits in chronological order from every person involved in giving feedback. I enjoy the fact that not only are the timecodes exactly where they need to be (no guessing if the person meant the second before or after), but anyone reviewing has the ability to draw on the video to make their point more clear. So if someone is wanting an image moved on screen, they can draw a square EXACTLY where they want the placement. Another great perk is the fact that I can add the Frame.io extension to my Premiere file and export the video directly to Frame.io. No need to render out a version and then upload to the website. It minimizes all the steps taken to get the video online and ready for review.,There have been a couple of times that the review links I have sent have not worked, and it crashed sitewide. I think Frame.io is still working out some kinks, but when I have a tight deadline it's frustrating getting blamed for a broken link when it's Frame.io's website having a meltdown. I would like to be able to export all the timecoded edits directly to my timeline instead of having to reference the website or extension in Premiere. There may already be a way to have this done, but I haven't seen it or it hasn't been properly explained. It's a mild inconvenience to automatically be signed up to get an email for every single edit that has taken place in my video. I know this is a reach, but there isn't much to complain about when it comes to Frame.io. I had to manually go in and opt out of the hundreds of emails I was getting sent for someone just leaving comments on my upload.,10,The turnaround time of getting videos sent out has significantly decreased since using Frame.io. We are able to get our edits from multiple people quicker because there is no need for them to open the video, write down timecodes and write out their edit. It's all in one place. You don't even need to stop the video when you have something to write- it does it for you automatically. The fact that I have all my edits in one place drastically cuts out a ton of time getting changes made to each of my videos. I am able to complete my video quicker, which allows it to release sooner, and I'm on to the next project days before I usually would start it.,Dropbox Business,Adobe Premiere Pro, JIRA Software, Infinisource iSolvedReview: Frame.ioFrame.io is our video review application of choice. Frame.io allows us to easily present video links for clients and makes the feedback cycle extremely simple for us and our clients.,Frame.io provides an intuitive interface for clients to leave detailed feedback on videos they've hired us to produce. Users can leave public or private comments and start and stop on whichever video frames they choose. Users can draw on a frame using a non-destructive marker to make specific feedback (e.g. I don't like that this window is overexposed and is distracting me from looking at the interview). This allows for making nuanced critiques that are otherwise difficult to convey without using screengrabs or long email threads. Frame.io is easy to learn. If a user is new to the application, the software determines this and a short tutorial video pops up and teaches the new user how to interact with the application. It does this without taking the user to a new page and risk confusing a client. The software is simple to use and I never have issues with uninformed or flustered clients because of it. Frame.io makes sharing simple. Producers can send review links within the application or copy and paste the link into an email, whichever their preference. Users can also create live presentations to walk clients through a video as well. I've not used this feature extensively, so I'm unsure of how well it works, but the option is available. Frame.io interacts with video editing software (i.e. After Effects, Premiere Pro) using a plug-in. Before applications like Frame.io, we had to reference emails with timecodes and then decipher what the client is asking to have changed. It was cryptic, and feels archaic in hindsight. Now, the integration between the application and our software is seamless. I can revisit feedback by clicking on a comment in the review window, and it takes me to the exact point of criticism in the timeline. It's so easy to use and saves so much time.,Though I love the integration with After Effects, it's a tiny bit buggy from time to time. You'll need to re-sign in once a week (at least, this is what my tests have determined) and there is an issue with timeline jumping. If you click onto a comment, the timeline takes you to the problem area, but if you move the playhead elsewhere and click onto the same comment, it will not return you to the location. You must first click onto a different comment, then back onto the original. It's silly, and to me, a bug that will be resolved eventually. Frame.io does not provide an archiving feature, so it's a bit of sore spot to delete old videos. When running into storage problems, which you might depending on your plan, you'll need to remove old videos. Video links play natively at 560p. I don't understand this, as 720p or 1080p should be the standard playback resolution. This means some clients might not be as technologically-savvy, and won't think to click onto the resolution button to upgrade the resolution playback. I've had clients ask why the video was "low-quality" when they needed to change the resolution. This feels like boneheaded development to me.,10,Frame.io has cut review time in half for us. When compared to the olden days of email threads for video review, I'll never want to go back. This is a huge time saver. Frame.io gives a high sense of professionalism. I've had multiple clients express their delight with the application. It helps our feedback process, but also keeps our clients happy.,Wipster,Adobe Premiere Pro, Slack, Teamwork Projects
Frame.io

Frame.io Reviews

Frame.io
Filter 3 vetted Frame.io reviews and ratings

Hilary Hobbs profile photo
March 27, 2019

Frame.io Review: "Frame.io Fantastically Frees Up Time for Editors"

• The best part of Frame.io is the ability to have all video edits from different departments on ONE page. Instead of receiving four different emails with timecodes (if we are lucky), I can open my video in Frame.io and see all edits in chronological order from every person involved in giving feedback.
  • I enjoy the fact that not only are the timecodes exactly where they need to be (no guessing if the person meant the second before or after), but anyone reviewing has the ability to draw on the video to make their point more clear. So if someone is wanting an image moved on screen, they can draw a square EXACTLY where they want the placement.
  • Another great perk is the fact that I can add the Frame.io extension to my Premiere file and export the video directly to Frame.io. No need to render out a version and then upload to the website. It minimizes all the steps taken to get the video online and ready for review.
  • There have been a couple of times that the review links I have sent have not worked, and it crashed sitewide. I think Frame.io is still working out some kinks, but when I have a tight deadline it's frustrating getting blamed for a broken link when it's Frame.io's website having a meltdown.
  • I would like to be able to export all the timecoded edits directly to my timeline instead of having to reference the website or extension in Premiere. There may already be a way to have this done, but I haven't seen it or it hasn't been properly explained.
  • It's a mild inconvenience to automatically be signed up to get an email for every single edit that has taken place in my video. I know this is a reach, but there isn't much to complain about when it comes to Frame.io. I had to manually go in and opt out of the hundreds of emails I was getting sent for someone just leaving comments on my upload.
If you work in any type of video department, Frame.io is by far the BEST solution for receiving feedback. Everything is clear, concise and organized to make the process go much quicker. However, I feel like if you don't work with compiling videos directly, this website/app isn't best quite for you.
Read Hilary Hobbs's full review
Chris Hecox profile photo
May 11, 2018

Frame.io: "Review: Frame.io"

• Frame.io provides an intuitive interface for clients to leave detailed feedback on videos they've hired us to produce. Users can leave public or private comments and start and stop on whichever video frames they choose. Users can draw on a frame using a non-destructive marker to make specific feedback (e.g. I don't like that this window is overexposed and is distracting me from looking at the interview). This allows for making nuanced critiques that are otherwise difficult to convey without using screengrabs or long email threads.
  • Frame.io is easy to learn. If a user is new to the application, the software determines this and a short tutorial video pops up and teaches the new user how to interact with the application. It does this without taking the user to a new page and risk confusing a client. The software is simple to use and I never have issues with uninformed or flustered clients because of it.
  • Frame.io makes sharing simple. Producers can send review links within the application or copy and paste the link into an email, whichever their preference. Users can also create live presentations to walk clients through a video as well. I've not used this feature extensively, so I'm unsure of how well it works, but the option is available.
  • Frame.io interacts with video editing software (i.e. After Effects, Premiere Pro) using a plug-in. Before applications like Frame.io, we had to reference emails with timecodes and then decipher what the client is asking to have changed. It was cryptic, and feels archaic in hindsight. Now, the integration between the application and our software is seamless. I can revisit feedback by clicking on a comment in the review window, and it takes me to the exact point of criticism in the timeline. It's so easy to use and saves so much time.
  • Though I love the integration with After Effects, it's a tiny bit buggy from time to time. You'll need to re-sign in once a week (at least, this is what my tests have determined) and there is an issue with timeline jumping. If you click onto a comment, the timeline takes you to the problem area, but if you move the playhead elsewhere and click onto the same comment, it will not return you to the location. You must first click onto a different comment, then back onto the original. It's silly, and to me, a bug that will be resolved eventually.
  • Frame.io does not provide an archiving feature, so it's a bit of sore spot to delete old videos. When running into storage problems, which you might depending on your plan, you'll need to remove old videos.
  • Video links play natively at 560p. I don't understand this, as 720p or 1080p should be the standard playback resolution. This means some clients might not be as technologically-savvy, and won't think to click onto the resolution button to upgrade the resolution playback. I've had clients ask why the video was "low-quality" when they needed to change the resolution. This feels like boneheaded development to me.
Frame.io is without question the best video review application I've worked with. It beats out my time with Wipster and Vimeo easily.

If your business produces videos for clients, you will need some kind of review application and you can't beat Frame.io.

Read Chris Hecox's full review