Reviews (1-22 of 22)
- Accounting! As you'd expect. Makes it much simpler andmore cost effective. In-coming and out-goings are recorded and assigned to projects and accounts. My accountant can access my books and reconcile so much more easily than trawling through spreadsheets.
- Time billing - time spent on projects/client work is recorded and is ready to be invoiced as required. Saves so much time and prevents inaccuracies.
- Invoicing - again, it should do this well and it does. Non payment reminders are automatic and clients have no excuses for not knowing the status of their account.
- Account dashboard - gives me an instant overview of the health of the business (am I on track to meet my yearly targets) and my accounts.
- When explaining bank transactions it's necessary to click the 'More Options' to add a receipt number.
- Perhaps receipt numbering could be automatic.
- Producing estimates/proposals and allowing you to easily convert them into invoices and then follow it all through to payment.
- Keeping tabs of all my expenses and payments.
- Producing the necessary documentation for VAT returns and Self Assesements.
- I am looking forward to the Android app being launched.
- Being able to produce more in depth proposals which aren't just itemised accounts would be great.
- Vat and PAYE payment reminders
- Time tracking
- At a glance dashboard
- Self Assessment!!
- Year end payroll reports
- Better iPhone App (it's very new so hopefully will improve soon)
- ability to add other company details to self assessment
- Invoicing is a breeze, with some very useful and user-friendly features to help manage late payers.
- Bank feeds work perfectly, making bank reconciliation incredibly easy.
- When unsure, and what makes FreeAgent stand well ahead of its competitors, is absolutely amazing support - fast, effective and just plain helpful beyond expectations.
- There's very little FreeAgent doesn't do, but if you spot something it can usually be added or there is another way - remittance advices are one area I would like to see added.
- The newly introduced smartphone app, like most other software provides in this market, is quite restricting. Having a mobile responsive website makes those restrictions disappear.
- Consolidation of bank accounts. Easy to use and hassle free.
- Data feed from bank accounts. Easy to get your bank account details into the system.
- VAT returns are very easy. Just put in your details and Free agent works it all out for you and sends it to HMRC for you too.
- If your customer pays you for a number of invoices in one payment it is a bit tricky to sort out. Once you know how it is OK but I did have to use the help desk a couple of times
- Recurring invoices with automated follow-up is fantastic for helping to get paid on time
- Automated bank transfers are the easiest way to ensure that I can reconcile my accounts with ease
- Support is fantastic
- Built-in Time tracking for projects/tasks (integration with Basecamp to get this info) is fantastic, it allows us to accurately track what we are working on and get paid for it!
- Android Mobile App, but they are working on it
- Great time management features for client projects.
- Easy quote and invoice production.
- Reporting on financials, time tracking and project status is a little poor. It's adequate for what what we need, but would be great to see more advanced features.
- API is quite closed so cannot integrate with our other project management tools.
- Invoicing and estimates are well structured, with built-in pay walls and automatic notifications on late payments. There are also automatic reoccurring invoices, reducing our monthly work load.
- FreeAgent automatically pulls in our business bank account, allowing me to directly explain every transaction with invoices, payments, and more.
- My accounts, on the go, anywhere. With FreeAgent being web-based, it means we can view our accounts anywhere, with no worries of data-loss. This is made easier with the new iOS app.
- Client-specific email templates would be very useful.
- Live feed from bank accounts
- Live feed and upload of self assessment tax returns
- At a glance dashboard of outstanding invoices
- Pay As You Earn (PAYE) software
- More bespoke accounting categories based on particular industries
- Quicker updating of tax return info
- Customer Service is the best I have come across
- The software is super easy to use and very user friendly
- Reasonable prices and cloud based
- I'd like to be able to save regular journeys and their mileage for speedier entry, besides that I can't think of a single thing!!!
- Very easy to raise an invoice. Even one of my staff who hates IT can do it.
- All my bank transactions are downloaded automatically. Makes checking banking very easy.
- Not really found any yet. I'm most happy so far. Any problems - their help system is amazing.
- Free Agent is great for creating professional invoices. If you use the system to manage projects, the invoicing system can automatically fill out any details required. Once completed, the invoice can be automatically emailed from your email address, then stored in the free agent system.
- Setting up a bank feed or uploading invoices allows you to keep track of your bank accounts. The system automatically flags up unexplained transactions and allows you to explain and even attach receipts to particular transactions to be stored as expenses.
- Out of pocket expenses can be entered on the move via a smart phone, a photograph can be taken of the receipt and uploaded into the FreeAgent system. The banking system can then link up any pay outs to the user who is out of pocket. Creating a neat expenses system.
- The FreeAgent system is being constantly updated and improved thanks to the large team. There has maybe been a few occasions when I have tried to link a bank transaction with an expense and it hasn't allowed me to link a transaction manually. But the staff are very fast at helping out with any issues I've ever had
I work through a limited company, VAT registered and I do my own PAYE to keep accountant costs down and to allow me to have a good handle on what's going on.
I do occasionally have other people helping me out with the work and they will also go on the payroll for a limited period of time.
- VAT returns are filed electronically, after prompts and auto generated
- RTI returns filed automatically for payroll
- Prompts or future bills such as corporation tax, VAT payments etc
- Investments such as stocks and shares or commodities
- Sometimes it will guess account entries incorrectly and will always assume it knows which way you want to take money out of the company (dividend/expense/salary)
You can file your payroll and your VAT returns electronically. I can give permission to my accountant to download accounts annually. Dividends and expenses are handled as well as reminders for both overdue invoices and filing returns and additionally it will forecast corporation tax and other bills.
There are limits, such as investments and subsidiaries, but it will do the vast bulk of work with ease.
The support, although only by email, is prompt and helpful.
If you don't know much about accounts and don't like spending time on them I think most independent consultants can benefit substantially by using these guys.
- Importing and explaining banking transactions is a breeze, no more spreadsheets to battle.
- I can now easily craft and send great looking estimates, quotes and invoices over to clients in moments via email.
- Completing and filing my tax return has now become infinitely simpler as FreeAgent does most of the hard work for you.
- When raising quotes or invoices for different people within the same company it can be a guessing game to select the correct person as only the company name is shown in the options not the company / person. To be honest there may be a solution but it hasn't bugged me enough yet to look for one (yet).
- Simple Invoicing - really easy to set up and send out with online payment integrations.
- Bank Feeds - having transactions automatically feed in from my bank account is a great timesaver.
- Expenses Tracking - simple process to keep track of expenses and receipts.
- It would be great if you were able to manage transaction explanations on mobile.
- Clear, straightforward UX and design. This is key for me for any web based programme that I use.
- The ability to track your time against multiple clients makes it easy when you get to the end of month and the important area of invoicing!
- Showing your profit and loss at any moment in time.
- The ability to track your capital assets and the fact that it automatically depreciates them for you.
- It would be great to get either email or text alerts for those key milestones e.g. submitting your VAT bill
FreeAgent Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
FreeAgent is an online accounting software designed specifically to meet the needs of small businesses, freelancers and their accountants.
FreeAgent helps businesses take care of their day-to-day admin, from managing expenses and running fully RTI-compliant payroll to creating and sending professional-looking estimates and invoices. It also allows businesses to keep track of their cash flow and profitability, showing who owes them money - and how much!.
FreeAgent also has a personalised ‘Tax Timeline’ of upcoming deadlines and amounts due, as well as the functionality to easily file VAT, RTI payroll and - for sole traders and limited company directors - Self Assessment tax returns directly to HMRC.
The vendor boasts around 100,000 customers currently using FreeAgent to manage their business accounts, with no confusing accounting jargon and with a team of support accountants on hand to help them stay on track.
FreeAgent Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
FreeAgent Technical Details