FreeAgent is an cloud-based accounting system designed for small businesses and freelancers. FreeAgent supports many core accounting features and bank reconciliation, payroll, tax management, project level accounting, and multiple currency support. It is mobile-accessible, and integrates with many apps.https://media.trustradius.com/product-logos/00/fE/QHURFNZULT02.PNGFree Agent is ace for UK freelancersAs a freelancer, working on projects and also time based billing, FreeAgent has helped streamline client account management, time billing, invoicing and accounting. It is indispensable to the way my business operates.,Accounting! As you'd expect. Makes it much simpler andmore cost effective. In-coming and out-goings are recorded and assigned to projects and accounts. My accountant can access my books and reconcile so much more easily than trawling through spreadsheets. Time billing - time spent on projects/client work is recorded and is ready to be invoiced as required. Saves so much time and prevents inaccuracies. Invoicing - again, it should do this well and it does. Non payment reminders are automatic and clients have no excuses for not knowing the status of their account. Account dashboard - gives me an instant overview of the health of the business (am I on track to meet my yearly targets) and my accounts.,When explaining bank transactions it's necessary to click the 'More Options' to add a receipt number. Perhaps receipt numbering could be automatic.,10,The ROI represented by FreeAgent for me has been in the reduced time to produce accounts - shaved days off the end of year hassle. The ease of time tracking has also introduced a more disciplined approach to time tracking and project/client account management.,FreshBooks,Implemented in-house,Invoicing - adding time spent/expenses to an invoice is very easy. The dashboard is very clear and useful.,Yes, but I don't use it,10,10Awesome accounting software for awesome people!I use FreeAgent every day to produce estimates, create invoices and follow the payment through to my bank account. I process VAT, payroll and all my expenses through it as well and have been really impressed with it. I have used it ever since I started my company and couldn't see myself running the business as I do at the moment without it. My accountant also has access to the back-end data and can produce all the necessary reports straight out of the software without me having to worry about it.,Producing estimates/proposals and allowing you to easily convert them into invoices and then follow it all through to payment. Keeping tabs of all my expenses and payments. Producing the necessary documentation for VAT returns and Self Assesements.,I am looking forward to the Android app being launched. Being able to produce more in depth proposals which aren't just itemised accounts would be great.,10,It allows me to quote for jobs incredibly quickly as I can log on from anywhere. Keeps tracks of all my expenses and mileage.,1,1,9,10FreeAgent is for consultants who just want to do their job!FreeAgent makes managing the finances of our business a breeze. From invoicing with automatic chasing, bank account sync, payroll, time tracking and easy expenses management,Payroll Vat and PAYE payment reminders Time tracking At a glance dashboard Expenses Self Assessment!!,Year end payroll reports Better iPhone App (it's very new so hopefully will improve soon) ability to add other company details to self assessment,10,Don't miss HMRC payments! Bank Reconciliation is never months behind Real idea of the cost of delivering projects,,3,3,10Love FreeAgent and the helpful FreeAgent team!!The business problems it addresses are spending too much time managing record keeping and being unsure about how something should be recorded - all things of the past with FreeAgent.,Invoicing is a breeze, with some very useful and user-friendly features to help manage late payers. Bank feeds work perfectly, making bank reconciliation incredibly easy. When unsure, and what makes FreeAgent stand well ahead of its competitors, is absolutely amazing support - fast, effective and just plain helpful beyond expectations.,There's very little FreeAgent doesn't do, but if you spot something it can usually be added or there is another way - remittance advices are one area I would like to see added. The newly introduced smartphone app, like most other software provides in this market, is quite restricting. Having a mobile responsive website makes those restrictions disappear.,10,Professional and uniform offering providing great confident customer service. My clients love it, whether they use it a little or a lot. It's a great piece of software - while sophisticated, it's straightforward to use. Time saving and efficient use of my team's time. Being able to easily share and compare work / tasks.,,2,3,10FreeAgent - my Finance Director!As a sole trader FreeAgent is my accounting rock and is used for everything from invoicing to VAT returns.,Consolidation of bank accounts. Easy to use and hassle free. Data feed from bank accounts. Easy to get your bank account details into the system. VAT returns are very easy. Just put in your details and Free agent works it all out for you and sends it to HMRC for you too.,If your customer pays you for a number of invoices in one payment it is a bit tricky to sort out. Once you know how it is OK but I did have to use the help desk a couple of times,10,Much less time spend by me consolidating, filling forms and basic accounting functions,Sage,1,Implemented in-house,10
FreeAgent

FreeAgent Reviews

FreeAgent

Showing 5 of 34 FreeAgent ratings and reviews.

Do you use this product? Write a Review

Pay calculation (12)
Benefit plan administration (6)
Direct deposit files (2)
Salary revision and increment management (6)
Reimbursement management (8)
API for custom integration (9)
4.5
Plug-ins (10)
6.4
Single sign-on capability (13)
Role-based user permissions (13)
Dashboards (18)
Bank reconciliation (18)
Expense management (21)
Time tracking (16)
10.0
Fixed asset management (11)
Multi-currency support (7)
Multi-division support (5)
Regulations compliance (8)
Electronic tax filing (18)
Self-service portal (11)
Journals and Reconciliations (1)
Inventory tracking (2)
Automatic reordering (1)
Location management (1)
4.5
Manufacturing module (1)
Pricing (9)
Order entry (2)
Credit card processing (5)
Cost of goods sold (3)

About FreeAgent

FreeAgent is an cloud-based accounting system specifically designed to meet the needs of small businesses and freelancers from Free Agent Central in the UK. FreeAgent supports many core accounting software features, like automated invoices and expense management, time tracking and configurable sales tax rates, and finance reports. It also supports AP / AR functions, bank reconciliation, payroll, tax management, project level accounting, and multiple currency support. It is mobile-accessible, and integrates with many apps (e.g. Google Apps, Paypal) to expand functionality.

FreeAgent is priced at a flat rate of $24 per month for US businesses. This level contains the entire breadth of the platform's features, live support, configurable sales tax and multi-currency support.

FreeAgent Integrations