Reviews (1-4 of 4)
August 16, 2018
As a freelance writer, especially working 100% online, exposure to clients is exceptionally difficult. Even six years into the game, having my own website and social media presence isn't enough to get in front of clients' eyes. Freelance hubs, like Freelancer.com, make it easier to gain exposure, post a profile, and find clients and projects. That being said, it is somewhat of an impersonal site, and hasn't been my main source of clients or projects.
- The website is easy to navigate.
- It's easy to get started on Freelancer.com (somewhat less-so to be successful, however).
- Easy to communicate with current and prospective clients using on-page chat.
- Multiple money withdrawal options include ACH, PayPal, and others.
- Competency tests give clients a chance to see where a freelancer really stands out.
- There seem to be a lot of low-quality projects, what I would term as excessive expectations for little return. It takes a little more time to weed them out.
- Tiered membership fees seem to increase exposure to prospective clients, but I have not seen the benefit of it. Considering many clients multi-post on different hubs, I've seen the same project pop up on other hubs of which I'm a member. I would think it impossible for Freelancer.com to guarantee exclusivity.
- Freelancer.com desktop app needs some improvement. It only manages hourly projects, so my non-hourly projects and chats don't show in the app.
Read Benjamin E. Jerew's full review
Whether you're a freelancer or looking for a freelancer, Freelancer.com can get you together. There is a wide variety of project types that either can post in. It does take more time to search for clients and freelancers, though, since there is quite a range of both in experience, quality, and compensation (to be expected, but harder to weed through.) As a freelancer, it seems to work well enough for solo freelancers, but it could be better.
September 19, 2017
Score 9 out of 10
I and my team have been using freelancer.com for over a year now, to gain more money and to hire freelancers on the website. The platform was the best platform for us to find work and to hire freelancers for our future company work.
- Freelancer.com gives you a way to hire freelancers within minutes.
- It offers you secure payments using their milestone payments, which make you safe as a freelancer or employer.
- Their support service is great, easy to use and simple to use! Your problems can get solved in seconds.
- Fake Projects. freelancer.com has a problem dealing with fake projects on their website. You can find a lot of fake projects there and you can get scammed a lot.
- Freelancer.com has automated bids by the freelancers in this website; it is hard to know if the freelancer can do the job or not.
Read Ebrahim Mohammed's full review
Freelancer.com is a great platform if you are looking for work, but you need to watch out for the scammers on their website. Freelancer.com is very easy to use as a client, you can get your project done in minutes. Due to freelancer.com fees, it is good for big projects. For smaller projects other platforms are recommended.
June 29, 2017
Freelancer.com is used to be a source of finding a freelancer to perform short-term projects for our company. This was used based on the need of the departments, but mostly marketing departments since we have a large amount of content on social media that needs to be posted (3 posts per day for Facebook at least).
- A great way to provide quick talents for your immediate need.
- A good source to find creative talents (Graphic Designers).
- A good source to find technical talents (Developers).
- Complex interface: tracking your freelancer's work status is harder than it should be. Tracking sometimes does not work as it should.
- Mobile app is laggy and sometimes glitchy so personally I prefer to use the web-based platform (inconvenient for someone who is traveling on business trips a lot).
- It is hard to find quality talent for simple tasks (translation). It is easy to find talent for technical tasks though (iOS app developers for example).
Read Tony Phan's full review
Freelancer.com perhaps is best when you are looking for a technical freelancer to develop your mobile app, websites, software or to create marketing materials such as advertisement layouts, or logos. When it comes to simpler tasks such as translating, it is hard to find the right person for your project. Therefore, it is more suitable for an e-commerce business when you can find the freelancer who is more on the technical side.
September 20, 2017
I use Freelancer.com to find PHP/MySQL/JS developers and IT engineers (servers\ management) to develop parts of my projects and to fix some issues I am not able to fix myself.
- Look into a directory of freelancers by skills.
- Select the price range you are able to pay for your project.
- Find freelancers from all over the world if you need to work with your time zone availabilities, or not.
- Provide screen sharing to work with freelancers.
- Provide an instant messenger software. When you receive a message from a freelancer, you receive a notification by email and then you have to go to the website to read his message.
- Fees are too high for freelancers, they can refuse small projects due to high fees.
Read this authenticated review
You can use Freelancer.com if you already have some IT skills and know exactly what you want and how to explain it to freelancers. If you are not "into" your element, you may have difficulties to find the right freelancer and may have several disputes.
Freelancer.com Scorecard Summary
What is Freelancer.com?
Freelancer.com is the freelance management system (FMS) for hiring IT professionals and others, from Freelancer Technology headquartered in Australia.
Categories: Freelance Management
Freelancer.com Technical Details