Reviewer Sentiment

Positive ()
Negative ()
Learn how we calculate reviewer sentiment

TrustRadius Award Top Rated 2019
TrustRadius Award Top Rated 2018

Dashboards (49)

Accounts receivable (48)

Standard reports (48)

Expense management (44)

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of FreshBooks, and make your voice heard!

Lite

Plus

Premium

$15

per month

For the latest information on pricing, visithttp://www.freshbooks.com/?ref=11573&ut…

Customization

6.4

Security

Reporting & Analytics

General Ledger and Configurable Accounting

Order Management

What is FreshBooks?

FreshBooks is an accounting service for small businesses. The solution enables users to send and manage invoices, track billable time and collect online payments. The vendor’s value proposition this that their solution provides a straightforward service that simplifies the billing process.

FreshBooks Features

• Supported: Plug-ins

Security Features

• Supported: Role-based user permissions

FreshBooks Screenshots

DashboardInvoice OverviewBeautiful, Customizable InvoicesInvoice seamlessly across devicesExpensesTime TrackingTime TrackingTime TrackingTime TrackingApp IntegrationsRecurring BillingPaymentsReportsProjects

FreshBooks Videos

Accounting, for the Non-Accountant.
Say Hello to FreshBooks Cloud Accounting

Deployment TypesOn-premise, SaaS
Operating SystemsWindows, Mac
Mobile ApplicationApple iOS, Android
Supported LanguagesEnglish

What is FreshBooks's best feature?

Reviewers rate Self-service portal highest, with a score of 9.1.

Who uses FreshBooks?

The most common users of FreshBooks are from Small Businesses (1-50 employees) and the Marketing & Advertising industry.

Armand Ruci | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use this for simple accounting tasks related to my publishing company and it is an awesome app. I use it to manage accounts receivable and payable, inventory, and payroll and it does all those without flaw. As a sole proprietor, I have found this app to be tremendously useful in the small business that I run after my day job as a teacher, and I would highly recommend it to anyone that needs to do simple accounting tasks.
Some of our clients use this platform as their base system in the US, the implementation was attempted with their subsidiaries in Mexico in order to manage a single program for their entire operation. Some integration tests were carried out, however, it was not completely compatible with all the needs of the Mexican authorities.
It is used across the entire org for the following
  • project management of clients
  • Invoicing
  • Time management
  • Book keeping
It allow for a comprehensive picture on the health of a client, the revenue streams and the time we are billing to clients. This has made it easy for resource management as well.
Tim Vahsholtz | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use FreshBooks for all my billing. Being a small business, it helps to have automated invoicing and reminders for some of our clients. FreshBooks also provides auto payments if our clients prefer.

One main reason I went with FreshBooks is the fact that it links up with Fundbox. Our clients are good about paying (usually), but not knowing exactly when checks arrive can be strenuous on small business. By linking up w/Fundbox, we can use that service to keep cash flow going in case of a tardy payment.
We implemented FreshBooks for a couple of marketing and manufacturing customers--most of our customers were using different accounting softwares for finance and invoice management across all their departments They reported issues like not able to track invoices properly, lack of cloud compatibility, etc. After FreshBooks implementation/migration, customers are able to better track invoices and they see 20-30% increased productivity and around 20% cost savings.
Mike Calabro | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use Freshbooks for my invoicing, estimates and lite accounting work. I am a freelance photographer and have recommended Freshbooks to any of my colleagues. It is easy to use and for myself as well as my clients. It does a good job of showing when clients are late to pay, which is often in the freelance world.
Lou Gallo | TrustRadius Reviewer
It is currently being used to manage and track expenses, log hours and invoice companies for our family small business. I have also written a few automations using their API to allow easy entry of payments and tracking what is owed. In addition to these business actions, Freshbooks is linked through their partner network into our payroll system so that the expenses of payroll and costs associated with running the business can be easily computed for tax time.
Gary Shouldis | TrustRadius Reviewer
Freshbooks has been our main invoicing software for the past 6 years. We use it for invoicing one-time projects as well as monthly recurring clients. We chose Freshbooks because it was offered an easy way to invoice clients and was one of the few invoicing platforms that offered recurring payments. The user interface is fantastic and makes it easy to use by multiple people on our team.
evans mutinda | TrustRadius Reviewer
Our company is currently using Freshbooks to manage its finances in an easy and secure manner. This software is currently being used in the Finance department. Its adoption has made the process of sending professional invoices, organizing expenses and tracking billable time easier than before.
Laura Cain | TrustRadius Reviewer
FreshBooks is used primarily by our CEO and by me to manage our day to day invoicing and expenses. With around 80-100 clients at any given time, it helps us both manage and streamline our invoicing, and helps us gauge month to month outgoing and incoming costs.
Ryan Freeman | TrustRadius Reviewer
Due to currency limitations within FreshBooks, we run two accounts. One bills our Canadian customers in CAD, and the other bills USA and International clients in USD.
FreshBooks is our primary invoicing system. As a SaaS and consulting company the majority of our billing is based on recurring contracts, so we looked to FreshBooks as a replacement for manual processing of credit cards. FreshBooks automatically generates invoices according to the client's billing profile, and securely stores the card on file. The late fee/interest system is rudimentary, but does a solid job for what we need.
Invoices, payment notifications, and invoice reminders are emailed automatically.
The Time Tracking feature allows us to log time to projects and have that automatically added to invoices when they recur.
For the first several years we were very happy with FreshBooks, especially as their customer service team was really efficient and friendly. Unfortunately, that's changed a lot over the past few years as FreshBooks has tried to evolve from an invoicing tool into a full accounting system. They have increased prices, limited options, and service has degraded. We're now one competitive feature away from canceling both accounts.
FreshBooks allows us to put client billing and business finances on auto-pilot. Our clients pay us via different methods: card, check, PayPal, and FreshBooks supports it all. In addition to client billing, business expenses are easily managed, many of them being auto tracked. FreshBooks makes it super easy to generate tax related reports as well.
Soneeka Arora | TrustRadius Reviewer
We have been using Freshbooks for invoicing our customers since last three years. It is pretty seamless with capabilities to send estimates to our customers. Creating a duplicate invoice from an invoice is a nice feature for recurring invoices. It also allows users to set automatic reminders for overdue invoices. Since there is no notification if and when the reminders are sent, we prefer sending manual reminders over automatic reminders. It allows the clients/customers to pay the invoices via the credit card and in return, it charges a fee for each transaction.
One limitation is that it does not allow multiple accounts for one client so in case we have to send multiple invoices to different cost units within the same client, we have to create separate clients.
But overall, it is simple and easy software to handle.
They do not have chat support rather a call-in support or email support which is great and very responsive.
Yemsi Pino | TrustRadius Reviewer
FreshBooks is being used for us as technical department of our organization, in order to get related with the administrative department of our organization, where the match of an hour of work and invoice relations are made. The whole process began with a really very comprehensive diagram of our business, geographical data and business support, where all the cost in the administrative and office area are involved in our hourly rate in every project we do. It is being used in the whole organization because we use the software in order to know our hourly rate, but also our business daily costs, so all the departments in our business are tied in with the software, because we have the same goal, going forward.
Amara Omoregie | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use it to invoice our clients, collect payments, and get accounts receivable reports. Billing is super simple, and our clients really like how easy it is to pay us, which is why we won't switch our billing to QuickBooks Online. Our whole organization uses this software currently and has for a while now.
Asia Matos | TrustRadius Reviewer
FreshBooks is how I invoice all of my clients for DemandMaven. DemandMaven is a small consulting firm that caters to early-stage startups and SaaS companies. The main business problem it addresses is very simple: provide beautiful, user-friendly invoices to my clients and allow them to easily pay for the services I provide them! Typical invoicing software can be extremely clunky and archaic-looking. I wanted something beautiful that would represent my brand in a way I could be proud of.
Brandon Loyche | TrustRadius Reviewer
Our entire organization, although small (5 people) uses FreshBooks for our estimates, invoicing, time tracking and payment processing. FreshBooks has been an integral part of our company for the past 5 years - when QuickBooks didn't want to accept our new business to use it's platform we began looking into other options. Ever since that moment we have been a fan and used FreshBooks every day since.
Kristina Kadykeeva | TrustRadius Reviewer
I used to receive and give invoices using Excel and Word. It required a lot of time for me to do this. I wound up procrastinating a couple of times in getting invoices out, which led me to get paid more slowly. Utilizing FreshBooks has facilitated this process for me, so I am ready to make and send invoices significantly faster. Likewise, the invoices I send now are extremely professional looking, and being able to track my customer's progress on the invoices spares me from doing as much follow up with them to get paid.
Bart Caylor | TrustRadius Reviewer
I have been very pleased with FreshBooks. It is a simple and robust solution. I admit I don't use all of the features, but I have it integrated through Zapier to my proposal software (Proposify) so that I can generate quick invoices upon approval. I also like that it keeps notifications going when bills are late.
Joshua Burcham | TrustRadius Reviewer
I used FreshBooks to track my time, invoice clients, and track payments. FreshBooks makes it very easy for me to set up new projects and track the amount of time I spent working on them. As a freelancer, I don't want to send a lot of time doing non-billable work. FreshBooks almost makes all of the project tracking stuff happen "in the background" with very little effort.