https://media.trustradius.com/product-logos/1C/He/J3GCV0ABKMOZ.PNGAble to replace Salesforce for a startup.Freshsales is an excellent customer relations management suite aimed at smaller enterprises that do not need a sophisticated (expensive) CRM system. We had implemented it in the stage when we were too big for no CRM but too early for a big system with the requirements for resources. Freshsales CRM helps to achieve goals without going through the lengthy customization process first. It took less than a week to set everything up, and we were ready to go. The interface is intuitive and lets us organize fairly complex projects with ease. Overall, the experience with FreshSales has been much better than expected.,Freshsales API added into Freshdesk synchronizes the data across the two platforms. The integrations work really well: calendars, contact, and emails in Google and Office 365 are automatically synchronized both ways. Good email templates for easy scheduling of email marketing campaigns. Fair pricing options. Prompt and efficient support team.,The reminders are not detailed enough, for example, it is not possible to set up a notification when the lead has not responded for a set amount of time. The more advances workflows are possible only with the help of third-party tools (Zapier). It takes time to list through several pages of data.,10,Freshsales saved our resources during the early stage of our startup that we were able to use more efficiently on getting new customers. We identified several duplicate processes in our workflow. We also saved costs on managing our remote co-workers by being able to have control over their performance and goals.,Zoho CRM and Salesforce.com,Salesflare, HubSpot CRM, YetiForceCRMExactly what I needed to keep track of leadsI've been using the Freshsales suite for about a year now. What an amazing tool. They've somehow been able to combine everything I need in one place and still make it simple and easy to use. Not only that, the customization! It took me a bit to get it the way I wanted it, but now that it's there it's amazing. Not only can I keep track of all my leads, but I can also see if they visited pages on my site which increases their lead "hotness" so I can reach out to hotter leads. It lets me email leads right from the dashboard as well, and even schedule emails to go out if someone needs a follow up in a specific amount of time which is a lifesaver because I never remember to follow up. The sales engagement is SO helpful. Being able to track whether or not they opened the email and follow up if they haven't (or have) is also great. Support is great, there is always someone there to answer my Qs (and I have a lot of them). And all of their tools work together so I can keep track of emails, chats, etc. Really impressed with this tool.,Suite of tools that work together Customizable Flexible, but not hard to learn,Bit of a learning curve.,9,Able to follow up with leads faster and easier. Investment has paid off in just the deals I've been able to save/follow up with. Able to see trends,Salesflare and HubSpot CRM,CloudApp, Todoist, ZoomSimple and efficient CRMWe use Freshsales CRM to manage leads that come in via telephone, web, and email. Also, we use it to keep track of sales opportunities to existing clients.,Freshsales is great for gathering and organizing detailed information of leads and contacts. The software integrates well with other cloud applications. The software is scalable.,Freshsales could do better if they made the focus more general rather then for software companies. Expand the integrations to other software. Continue to improve reporting.,6,Freshsales is helping us manage our sales process completely. Freshsales is allowing us to standardize our lead qualification process. We still have to explore the rest of the features to see how we can incorporate it better.,Insightly, Capsule CRM and Zoho CRM,Landingi, Hootsuite Pro, Google Ads (formerly AdWords), PieSyncFresh with Date Issue and UnreliabilityWe use FreshSales as our CRM for the sales and customer success teams. We've also used it for basic email campaigns (1:many) updates and product marketing.,User friendly interface Flexibility to add new fields to user records Affordable,Persistent and pervasive down time Lack of scalable integrations with data source (e.g., their Segment integration is barely functional and they won't improve it) Slow and unhelpful customer service Account management doesn't understand our business or what we're trying to accomplish Email campaign feature is barely functional and only allows you to have 10 campaigns, even with the most expensive plan Lead and contact records have gone missing and FreshSales is unable to recover data,1,Frustrated our entire Growth team Wasted time and money,Salesforce Lightning Platform and HubSpot Sales,Amplitude Analytics, Chartio, AutopilotFreshsales - A great CRM for small business & Outbound/Inbound Sales TeamsI own a small business and I use the Freshsales CRM primarily for my outgoing sales and prospecting efforts. It is very helpful in tracking and maintaining the communication and follow-up for outgoing prospecting calls and emails. It is very streamlined, and incredibly easy to customize the layout to fit your needs.,Easily integrates with your email program. I use Office/Outlook, and it syncs very easily. Very easy to schedule and manage prospecting efforts. Generates customized reporting, and is easy to modify based on your needs.,My only frustration with Freshsales is that it is taking a little longer than I anticipated to integrate with my VOIP phone provider (Ring Central). It is in process, but it has taken longer than I had hoped to be one of the selected phone providers that they integrate with.,10,It has been a good investment from my perspective. A very effective tool for very little time invested to use and customize it.,Salesforce.com,Microsoft Office 365, OmniFocusBuggy softwareIt's no longer being used. It was being used as a real estate brokerage CRM. We were using it to track clients, track leads, and forecast revenue. It was also being used to collaborate with other team members. Ultimately, it was not stable.,It's fast Support is fast Clean interface,Support is frequently offline Very buggy software Limitation on configuration options,2,Was mostly a waste of valuable time in setting up and configuring.,Contactually, Pipedrive and Microsoft Office 365,Copper (formerly ProsperWorks), Contactually, Microsoft Office 365Great outbound sales CRMAs an organization we use Freshsales CRM for our outbound and inbound sales. We actually use the blossom plan. We have a business that depends on prospecting for new leads and this platform is perfect for that. It let's you create sales campaigns for prospecting with different stages and actions within the platform. Then you can qualify the leads as you wish with custom variables and have workflows that work depending the value of this variables. It also has a phone feature where you can call within the platform and record the conversation. And for the inbound sales it let's you capture leads with web forms and qualify them.,Prospecting. Sales campaigns and bulk emails. Qualifying leads. Deals funnels.,User experience. Workflows. Linking accounts with leads.,10,It's all integrated in one platform. It has integration with all Freshworks Suite. Reduced time. Better managing for outbound campaigns.,Pipedrive and InsightlyFreshsales – It goes okay.We initially came to Freshsales after hunting around for a CRM solution with a sales-focus and integrated telephony– as we found that the system we use to manage projects and inbound enquiry (Trello) was falling short on functionality, such as automatic recording and logging of email/phone interactions. Only a very small subset of our staff use Freshsales, but it is used by sales representatives for the purposes of managing interactions with staff and prospects, as well as tracking ongoing and closed deals.,Phone and Email integration Ability to fully customise the platform, fields, and workflows Value for money,Automation ('workflows') need a bit of work. In comparison to other sales CRMs that automatically 'nudge' sales staff when a phone call or email hasn't been returned (for example), these nudges can be created as 'tasks' in Freshsales, but only by someone who knows what they're doing, setting explicit trigger and action rules that don't always cover all scenarios. Event tracking with Segment (or just with their JS library) is a little bit haphazard. I'm sure it works well for in-app actions, but if a user visits your website and interacts with you and you aren't using the Freshsales forms on your website, it can be hard to identify users and track website visits and actions etc. Learning curve– seems to be aimed at users with a bit more technical know-how; so might work well for SaaS sales teams or sales engineers, but not so much for users in other industries. Our non-technical staff have found it to be confusing. Mobile Application– works very well as a contact directory, retrieving a quick overview of interactions, and now you can place voice notes that sync with the web app; these features aren't necessarily critical to our field salespeople. A user will still need to 'come back to the office' to retrieve missed voicemails, update deals notes, as well as place calls from their VoIP number. Freshsales will forward calls to a mobile, but won't allow the sales staff to place calls from their mobile device using their VoIP numbers (or receive calls from these lines).,7,Increased visibility of open deals, as well as encouraging 'clean' data Faster data updating (if Freshsales is used as our sole source of data) Some follow-ups are missed, as sales staff forget to create new tasks after each follow up, depending on if the call was answered or not (for example),Close.io,Zoom, Trello, Xero, Zapier, Drift, G Suite, AirtableA CRM You Can Depend On!Freshsales is used to store and track our leads and our accounts. It is used by the whole organization and helps us perform better in marketing and sales activities.,Freshsales allows for comprehensive segregations of leads, accounts, and deals. Very good and responsive customer support.,The interface can get complex and it is not very intuitive in the beginning in understanding the difference between leads and contacts and accounts. Trying to label your pipelines or do a customization for you dropdown views can be painful and if you accidentally delete it, there is no button to recover from it.,9,Freshsales has saved us at least 50% of the time to store and retrieve leads data for future marketing.,Zoho Invoice, SalesHandyFreshsales, the all-in-one CRM for prospecting and closing dealsIn my organization, after trying almost every CRM on the market, we decided to go with Freshsales CRM for prospecting and closing leads. We are a sales team of 3, and it really suits our needs. So far we haven't had any major issue while using it, except one time when there was a backend problem with sales campaigns that thankfully was solved briefly.,It really helps with prospecting and closing deals It has a great UI, far way better than much of the CRMs on the market It has an awesome points system for leads qualification It has an integrated phone number that you can activate so you can log and record your calls directly to the CRM platform It's really easy to use and understand Sales campaign and workflows really make your life easier when following up on prospects/contacts,It would be great if you could manage the system scores for leads qualifications (like when a lead interacts with your emails it adds a point when it might be a cold lead) Support help could respond a little faster when having problems (we were almost a week with a problem and the answers we got from them were every two days when it was something urgent),9,On a positive impact, I remark that following cold prospects has never been easier. It's really easy to complete a campaign with sales campaign without worrying about whether you missed a prospect or forgot to send a bulk email. The tasks and pending messages section is a must for all other CRMs, it really gets you working and makes you realize if you are forgetting something. We started using it a few months ago, but we got a better lead conversion when using Freshsales!,HubSpot CRM, Insightly, Close.io and Salesforce App Cloud,HubSpot CRM, Trello, Google Drive, Wunderlist, Evernote, MATLAB, Fusion 360, Google Forms, Google Hangouts, HubSpot CRMFreshsales is A Phenomenal Choice For Lead And Prospect Database ManagementFreshsales is being used by my company as a single point of contact for all of our lead and prospect database. We use it to warehouse all of our client and account information and is the tool that we use for all of our calling out for lead and prospect generation. I am able to follow the lead from the initial point of contact through out the entire lead and sales cycle and then once they are a client I can use Freshsales to do all reordering and account management. Along with the mobile application on my mobile devices Freshsales has to be one of the most extensible and robust sales tools that I have used since Salesforce!,Freshsales does predictive strength of a lead thing very well. By assigning each lead a score to how many times and in what ways they have been contacted I am able to see at one glance how hot or cold a lead is and where they are at in their buying process Fresh sales offers an on board dialer that is an effective tool to be able to do out bound dialing and to use as a way for your clients to get a hold of you! I really like how Freshsales comes at database management and how relational every aspect of the overall database it is.,I think if the outbound phone tool was a true predictive dialer and allowed me to load a list of numbers and just tell it to go by hitting a button that would make my job easier. I wish that Freshsales was a little bit more intuitive with some aspects of their GUI. I think that Freshsales could use a lesson from the likes of Five9 or Call Fire when it comes to the types of reporting that it can execute.,10,The ROI has been worth it. The ease of use and overall functionality has been worth it. The purchase of FS is definitely worth it.,salesforce,DPS Outlook Office, Microsoft Office 365
Freshsales

Freshsales Reviews

Freshsales
Filter 15 vetted Freshsales reviews and ratings

Michael Brennan profile photo
July 07, 2019

Freshsales Review: "Able to replace Salesforce for a startup."

• Freshsales API added into Freshdesk synchronizes the data across the two platforms.
  • The integrations work really well: calendars, contact, and emails in Google and Office 365 are automatically synchronized both ways.
  • Good email templates for easy scheduling of email marketing campaigns.
  • Fair pricing options.
  • Prompt and efficient support team.
  • The reminders are not detailed enough, for example, it is not possible to set up a notification when the lead has not responded for a set amount of time.
  • The more advances workflows are possible only with the help of third-party tools (Zapier).
  • It takes time to list through several pages of data.
It would be best suited for a smaller company (startup or a family-owned business) that needs to manage its relationships with users and the business opportunities in a simple but effective way. Also, great for teams that work from different locations; the data is elegantly synchronized for all involved users. It is not suitable for those companies that need (and can justify the costs and resources involved) all the bells and whistles of the CRM.
Read Michael Brennan's full review
Aaron Krall profile photo
July 02, 2019

Freshsales Review: "Exactly what I needed to keep track of leads"

• Suite of tools that work together
  • Customizable
  • Flexible, but not hard to learn
  • Bit of a learning curve.
Freshsales is great if you have high lead flow and multiple funnels you need to keep track of. It's great at automating a lot of the follow-up and engagement. If you're a one-man-band or don't have high lead flow this might be a bit overkill for you.
Read Aaron Krall's full review
James E. Heyward CPA profile photo
April 19, 2019

Freshsales Review: "Simple and efficient CRM"

• Freshsales is great for gathering and organizing detailed information of leads and contacts.
  • The software integrates well with other cloud applications.
  • The software is scalable.
  • Freshsales could do better if they made the focus more general rather then for software companies.
  • Expand the integrations to other software.
  • Continue to improve reporting.
The software is extremely strong for web-based sales and industries like event management

For industries like retail, may not benefit as much.
Read James E. Heyward CPA's full review
July 02, 2019

Freshsales Review: "Fresh with Date Issue and Unreliability"

• User friendly interface
  • Flexibility to add new fields to user records
  • Affordable
  • Persistent and pervasive down time
  • Lack of scalable integrations with data source (e.g., their Segment integration is barely functional and they won't improve it)
  • Slow and unhelpful customer service
  • Account management doesn't understand our business or what we're trying to accomplish
  • Email campaign feature is barely functional and only allows you to have 10 campaigns, even with the most expensive plan
  • Lead and contact records have gone missing and FreshSales is unable to recover data
If you're looking for an extremely cheap, bare-bones CRM that will house a few hundred contacts that you manually enter, FreshSales is probably a fine solution for you. If you're running a sales or customer success team with any sort of scale or sophistication, this system will be unable to support your needs. I used to be an advocate of FreshSales as a good starter CRM, but due to all of their issues with downtime and bugs - and the fact that they deleted over half of our user data (20,000+ records) - I would strongly recommend that you avoid this company and spend a little extra to get something reliable.
February 01, 2019

Review: "Freshsales - A great CRM for small business & Outbound/Inbound Sales Teams"

• Easily integrates with your email program. I use Office/Outlook, and it syncs very easily.
  • Very easy to schedule and manage prospecting efforts.
  • Generates customized reporting, and is easy to modify based on your needs.
  • My only frustration with Freshsales is that it is taking a little longer than I anticipated to integrate with my VOIP phone provider (Ring Central). It is in process, but it has taken longer than I had hoped to be one of the selected phone providers that they integrate with.
I previously had Salesforce.com, and it was so complicated to try and do any customizing. Trying to reach support at SFDC was also a hassle. With Freshsales CRM, it has been so incredibly easy to make any changes to the look and feel. It is very straightforward, and they have done a very good job of making it user-friendly. I have also had good experiences with their customer service and support.
March 11, 2019

Freshsales Review: "Buggy software"

• It's fast
  • Support is fast
  • Clean interface
  • Support is frequently offline
  • Very buggy software
  • Limitation on configuration options
Freshsales is affordable, simple and can organize information well. It's also very responsive/fast. It is, however, very limited in your ability to organize the interface. We had to engage support a lot during setup with buggy imports and general instability.
Ignacio Cruz profile photo
December 20, 2018

Freshsales Review: "Great outbound sales CRM"

• Prospecting.
  • Sales campaigns and bulk emails.
  • Qualifying leads.
  • Deals funnels.
  • User experience.
  • Workflows.
  • Linking accounts with leads.
Freshsales CRM is well suited for organizations that rely mainly of outbound sales and need a great team dedicated to sales development. Managing territories and ownership within accounts, leads, contacts and deals. Managing funnels of different products within a same organization. Managing sales campaigns and receiving web forms from landing pages.
Read Ignacio Cruz's full review
November 19, 2018

User Review: "Freshsales – It goes okay."

• Phone and Email integration
  • Ability to fully customise the platform, fields, and workflows
  • Value for money
  • Automation ('workflows') need a bit of work. In comparison to other sales CRMs that automatically 'nudge' sales staff when a phone call or email hasn't been returned (for example), these nudges can be created as 'tasks' in Freshsales, but only by someone who knows what they're doing, setting explicit trigger and action rules that don't always cover all scenarios.
  • Event tracking with Segment (or just with their JS library) is a little bit haphazard. I'm sure it works well for in-app actions, but if a user visits your website and interacts with you and you aren't using the Freshsales forms on your website, it can be hard to identify users and track website visits and actions etc.
  • Learning curve– seems to be aimed at users with a bit more technical know-how; so might work well for SaaS sales teams or sales engineers, but not so much for users in other industries. Our non-technical staff have found it to be confusing.
  • Mobile Application– works very well as a contact directory, retrieving a quick overview of interactions, and now you can place voice notes that sync with the web app; these features aren't necessarily critical to our field salespeople. A user will still need to 'come back to the office' to retrieve missed voicemails, update deals notes, as well as place calls from their VoIP number. Freshsales will forward calls to a mobile, but won't allow the sales staff to place calls from their mobile device using their VoIP numbers (or receive calls from these lines).
Freshsales is great for a CRM with integrated telephony, where users are of an entirely Inside Sales team. It is also very strong if you value a CRM that allows you to customise fields, descriptions, and displayed information for all of your Leads/Customers/Accounts/Deals.
It is also great if your users have technical backgrounds, as the customisation and manual configuration of automation steps can be somewhat cumbersome.

It isn't great if you are not happy to use their webapp to replace your email client (It works well for sending and receiving emails, but if you switch back to Gmail and open a sent message it is marked as read by the recipient, so it is important to only stay within the Freshsales client for reviewing sent emails - at the time of writing).

For those who rely on outside sales teams, or want a solution that plays nice 'out of the box', I imagine you might find Freshsales to be a little difficult to use.
Sean Foo profile photo
May 04, 2018

Freshsales Review: "A CRM You Can Depend On!"

• Freshsales allows for comprehensive segregations of leads, accounts, and deals.
  • Very good and responsive customer support.
  • The interface can get complex and it is not very intuitive in the beginning in understanding the difference between leads and contacts and accounts.
  • Trying to label your pipelines or do a customization for you dropdown views can be painful and if you accidentally delete it, there is no button to recover from it.
Freshsales is great for intermediate CRM users. It is less appropriate for freelancers and better suited for agencies or bigger organizations.
Read Sean Foo's full review
Luciana Montivero profile photo
February 13, 2018

Review: "Freshsales, the all-in-one CRM for prospecting and closing deals"

• It really helps with prospecting and closing deals
  • It has a great UI, far way better than much of the CRMs on the market
  • It has an awesome points system for leads qualification
  • It has an integrated phone number that you can activate so you can log and record your calls directly to the CRM platform
  • It's really easy to use and understand
  • Sales campaign and workflows really make your life easier when following up on prospects/contacts
  • It would be great if you could manage the system scores for leads qualifications (like when a lead interacts with your emails it adds a point when it might be a cold lead)
  • Support help could respond a little faster when having problems (we were almost a week with a problem and the answers we got from them were every two days when it was something urgent)
I think it is a really complete CRM, with good pricing considering its features and great functionalities for small and big sales teams. It's really customizable so you can make it work as you wish, and the lead scoring system is something I still don't understand why all other CRMs don't have!
Read Luciana Montivero's full review
Rudy Veve profile photo
November 15, 2017

Review: "Freshsales is A Phenomenal Choice For Lead And Prospect Database Management"

• Freshsales does predictive strength of a lead thing very well. By assigning each lead a score to how many times and in what ways they have been contacted I am able to see at one glance how hot or cold a lead is and where they are at in their buying process
  • Fresh sales offers an on board dialer that is an effective tool to be able to do out bound dialing and to use as a way for your clients to get a hold of you!
  • I really like how Freshsales comes at database management and how relational every aspect of the overall database it is.
  • I think if the outbound phone tool was a true predictive dialer and allowed me to load a list of numbers and just tell it to go by hitting a button that would make my job easier.
  • I wish that Freshsales was a little bit more intuitive with some aspects of their GUI.
  • I think that Freshsales could use a lesson from the likes of Five9 or Call Fire when it comes to the types of reporting that it can execute.
I think that Freshsales is well suited for a smaller company or a medium to larger company that has remote agents. I think that Freshsales is not as well suited for a company that has to do a lot of out bound dialing.
Read Rudy Veve's full review

Freshsales Scorecard Summary

Customer data management / contact management (11)
Workflow management (11)
6.3
Territory management (10)
Opportunity management (10)
6.7
Integration with email client (e.g., Outlook or Gmail) (11)
Interaction tracking (11)
Channel / partner relationship management (7)
5.1
Custom fields (10)
6.7
Custom objects (9)
6.2
API for custom integration (6)
5.7
Single sign-on capability (8)
6.1
Role-based user permissions (9)
Mobile access (9)
6.1

About Freshsales

Freshsales is an all-in-one sales CRM software with features like built-in phone and email, lead scoring, visual sales pipeline, reports and dashboards, automations, and mobile apps, ensuring that sales reps do not have to juggle between multiple tools to get the job done. According to the vendor, Freshsales is extremely easy to use, and has an intuitive UI means translating to minimal on-boarding time for sales reps.

Freshsales comes with auto-profile enrichment and activity tracking which helps sales reps get a 360-degree view of their leads. The vendor promises that the AI-based lead scoring feature helps sales reps understand and prioritize their leads better. Freshsales also enables sales reps to get a more holistic view of their sales pipeline with the visual sales pipeline. The drag and drop UI makes it easy to move deals between stages and even mark them as won or lost. The visual sales reports and dashboards make it easy to accurately forecast your business. The sales campaigns feature in Freshsales allows users to create, send, and track outbound email campaigns without having to rely on external software.

Freshsales Features

Sales Force Automation Features
Has featureCustomer data management / contact management
Has featureWorkflow management
Has featureTerritory management
Has featureOpportunity management
Has featureIntegration with email client (e.g., Outlook or Gmail)
Does not have featureContract management
Does not have featureQuote & order management
Has featureInteraction tracking
Has featureChannel / partner relationship management
Customer Service & Support Features
Does not have featureCase management
Does not have featureCall center management
Does not have featureHelp desk management
Marketing Automation Features
Has featureLead management
Has featureEmail marketing
CRM Project Management Features
Has featureTask management
Does not have featureBilling and invoicing management
Has featureReporting
CRM Reporting & Analytics Features
Has featureForecasting
Has featurePipeline visualization
Has featureCustomizable reports
Customization Features
Has featureCustom fields
Has featureCustom objects
Does not have featureScripting environment
Has featureAPI for custom integration
Security Features
Has featureRole-based user permissions
Has featureSingle sign-on capability
Social CRM Features
Does not have featureSocial data
Does not have featureSocial engagement
Integrations with 3rd-party Software Features
Does not have featureMarketing automation
Does not have featureCompensation management
Platform Features
Has featureMobile access

Freshsales Screenshots

Freshsales Integrations

Freshdesk, Segment, Freshchat, Freshcaller, Mailchimp, Zapier, PieSync, Xero, Google, Freshconnect, QuickBooks

Freshsales Competitors

Pipedrive, Insightly, Salesforce

Has featureFree or Freemium Version Available?Yes
SPROUT$0/user/month
BLOSSOM$12/user/month
GARDEN$25/user/month
ESTATE$49/user/month
Forest$79/user/month

21-day FREE trial. No credit card required. Free to get started, affordable as you grow

Freshsales Support Options