Front

Front Reviews

Do you work for this company? Learn how we help vendors

Ratings and Reviews

Front is being used as a tool for our team to have equal email distribution in our team. This tool is helpful because it ensures all customer emails in our public email get answered by the team in a timely manner. Avoiding potential customer escalation and making sure all customer needs are addressed quickly.
  • Internal collaboration in an email thread[.]
  • Timely email response time from our team[.]
  • Manager and team visibility on all emails[.]
  • 2nd level admins cannot change user's schedules[.]
  • More user friendly GUI[.]
  • Better Calendar function like Calendly[.]
I had a customer who has an urgent concern about their account. They already reached out to different departments but their resolution is unsatisfactory. [Its] good thing they tried to reply to our email campaigns and when a member of our team received it, it was answered and resolved quickly. Fronts really is a good tool to ensure timely resolution.
We use the front for a specific MRR range of clients. Clients that do not have dedicated CSMs are encouraged to use the front for any inquiries about anything and we are happy to sort out their issue or even point them in the right direction. We can easily tag each email with their segment, mrr, type of issue, and the product related to it. Anyone can easily pick up on the inquiries as we provide enough information internally for other CSMs.
  • Tagging
  • Internal Communication for visibility
  • Re-assignments if necessary
  • Booking Trainings
  • Zoom Meeting Integration as there are some clients who want to have a call immediately.
  • Tagging can be improved - looks scattered.
  • Calendly Integration, they have their own calendar appointment but it would be good if I don't need to leave the front to set up [calendar] appointments.
This is very very useful especially having visibility to a specific range of clientele. We can easily see who is working on it, type of issue tagged, and can also collaborate using their internal notes. I can easily transfer it to a person who has more knowledge by using the reassignment feature. It is a bit less appropriate when managing my personal email as I get 2 notifications every time.
The organization decided to run Front to alleviate the workload process in the support area, allowing us to communicate directly via email with my clients, organize mailings and distribute problems. Front has given us the versatility we had always wanted.
  • The number one advantage of Front is that it allows me to involve multiple people in a single support process quickly and easily.
  • It helps me to visualize who is working and who is not, as well as find a solution to the mailbox and then send it in masses to my clients.
  • It is straightforward to set up; there are no customization problems.
  • It is an expensive program; for an organization with few users, it is not feasible to make such a high investment.
  • The reports are sometimes inconclusive in terms of data.
I recommend Front to all my friends and colleagues looking to manage email communication with their clients and work processes on a team level. It helps in essential aspects such as communication and attention to tasks. It will serve you with many alternatives.
Darren Mihalic | TrustRadius Reviewer
Front is a customer communication hub that allows organizations to provide customized services. The platform of Front brings all channels into a single platform. It amalgamates the automation of CRM and simplifies emails in a refined way. I have been using Front in our customer development department. It has given me the liberty to collaborate on projects that have several team members.
  • I have been using Front because it has great task management and inbox organization abilities as compared to different emails.
  • Front has allowed me and my team to act on different questions and even delegate easily without needing to forward emails or CC them to the accurate and correct contact on an internal level.
  • I just simply assign an email to a user which easily moves it to their queue.
  • Its customer support is professional and reliable.
  • Even though Front has all great features and it is a great tool but in spite of that there are certain cons which should not be overlooked. The most important con of Front is its absence of new formats.
  • The application does not consist of a web application which could be quite profitable in the longer run.
It doesn't really matter if you are either a recipient or a sender when it comes to a user of Front because with Front your life can get so much easier. Right from the start Front will showcase you different methods of organizing all of your daily emails. When there is something new coming your way then you will have the power to control and administer what is going to happen with that specific email so that is why I think Front is a great tool and I would highly recommend it.
Alena Burda | TrustRadius Reviewer
Front, a Customer Communication Management Software is a cloud-based collaboration tool for small and medium businesses. Front is a hub for customer satisfaction that allows businesses to offer tailor-made service at scale. It combines the simplicity of the email inbox simultaneously with the automation and insights of CRM. With Front, teammates from all departments can work together to send out the best replies faster, keep messages organized across channels, and always maintain a personal touch.
  • Front is the best tool for email marketing as it saves the user’s time that will be required on spending forwarding emails.
  • Front can be used easily without any hindrance even by all the team members without facing any difficulty.
  • Also, through the shared box of Front, users are able to make connections that are strong and effective with their respective customers.
  • Even though I have had a good experience with Front there have been certain times when I felt that there is a missing element in Front such as its dashboard is quite bulky which creates so many problems due to which you can miss several important messages.
  • Another drawback is that Front is quite expensive due to which only large companies can use it and this is not affordable for common people.
Front is undoubtedly the best tool and it will prove many benefits in managing several workflows. If you want to have a better interaction with customers there surely Front is the best choice as it gives guaranteed services to the customers. Moreover, running an online business with Front is always enjoyable as well.
Ben Pincus | TrustRadius Reviewer
It has helped us manage inboxes very quickly, especially between multiple users; it also reduces mass mailing by letting us tag ourselves in emails of our interest and receive notifications whenever any changes are made within the shared inbox. It helps us to flow information through email more efficiently.
  • I like Front, its interface is friendly and straightforward, plus it helps me reduce email forwarding while making information flow more appropriately.
  • My entire team is notified every time a change is made within the group inbox.
  • It has features that make it easy for us to manage personal and group email, manage inbox messages, tag third parties in messages, reply to messages, and more within one platform.
  • It allows for an incredible flow of communication with group participants and customers.
  • I have no problems with this application so far; it has excellent features, functions, and templates that simplify managing personal and team inboxes.
Saves time and energy in managing personal inboxes notify all group members when any modification is made in the group tray and has templates that make the job much easier. Worthwhile.
Peter Suter | TrustRadius Reviewer
Front is adaptable, has an incredible technical support group, and uses the "email illustration" with a visit to make its cooperation and correspondence includes straightforward. Progressed web index, Discussions include, basic yet [expandable] UI, rules and SLA robotization instruments, Team, Sequence, and so forth Combinations. Investigation highlights and reports help supervisors and HR staff put together and improve customers' communication methodologies [and] subsequently raise clients' appreciation.
  • It comprises a wide assortment of marvelous abilities to share, remark, designate, delay, and reemerge different issues to construct zero inbox conceivable outcomes.
  • Arranging messages naturally into various group inboxes is the most go to highlight.
  • The capacity to impart messages to associates and have discussions on the message itself.
  • The capacity to clear inbox with nap or auto files additionally has assisted with remaining coordinated and set subsequent updates easily.
  • The fundamental disadvantage of Front is its absence of new formats.
  • The versatile application isn't as full-included as a web application and could profit from additional updates.
  • Messages sent, filed, or erased from Gmail are not synchronized with the Front inbox.
Front is easy to use, providing consistent client experience, notifications, work area application, examined messages, and draft altering highlights. Eliminates superfluous messages inside and between groups, making a more fluid work experience. The in-string notice highlight, which permits side discussions about the email content without expecting to advance. The format is quite wonderful to utilize.
We use Front for a variety of purposes, including managing shared inboxes, maintaining the philosophy of "inbox zero", sharing information across multiple teams, and scheduling. The ability to chat between team members saves us the massive forwarding chain that inevitably occurs when you need input from 2+ people on a single email.
  • Assign emails from a shared inbox to a particular user.
  • Tag users in an email conversation for questions or input.
  • Integrates with our CRM, Pipedrive, and GCal.
  • Sequencing is a little weak for outbound sales.
  • The mobile app is feature limited.
  • Deleted messages can be hard to find.
I've actually already recommended Front to many of my former coworkers who are looking to manage a shared billing email inbox and a shared customer success/support inbox but are worried about overwhelming individual employees. I'm hard-pressed to imagine any scenario in which Front is not an amazing tool unless you work on an extremely small team and deal with an incredibly low volume of emails.
Jonatan Serna Higuera | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Front every day. It has become such a good partner-app, through all our company, from top to the bottom. Everyone loves it because it provides you with not only emails, but a better way to communicate things. It also helps you to keep everything well recorded with notes, comments, alerts, automatization, rules, and a ton of features and benefits that it has.
  • Even if you are just trying to compose a single email, Front gives a smart system that has options such [as] organized templates, tags, alerts, [and] changing your outbound dpt email.
  • Tasks- with Front you will not miss any interaction. When you are required to get assistance from a coworker, you only need to mention him/her and that notification will appear automatically in their inboxes.
  • Smart Notifications- sometimes we are just overwhelmed about the several notifications on our devices that we tend to miss some of them, but Front offers a new way to notify every email, discussion, mentioning, or tag that you really would not want to miss.
  • Compatibility- we are using Front with Office 365 and we have had few scenarios where the link through those apps does seem to go well.
  • Responsive design- besides the mobile app, we would like to have a better responsive design. Sometimes we will need to use it on tiny or big screens, and only then Front tends to show some gaps.
  • Tags- we would love to have a library of our own tags where we can classify them, organize them, and count on them at any time.
No matter if you are the sender or recipient, Front will make it easier for you because [from] the beginning it shows you different ways to organize your daily emails. When something new is coming, you will still have the power to control what is going to happen with that email, whether you assign it to yourself, or send it to a colleague, but never missing an interaction.
May 10, 2021

Front of the pack

Front is currently being used by our customer development team and some members of our sales team. It allows us to collaborate on projects that have multiple team members who need to see an email without requiring us to fwd or cc everyone on the chain, we can even collaborate and make edits before an email gets sent back. We also use front because it has super task management and inbox organization capabilities compared to other email inboxes
  • The snooze function is great as it lets you work on what is important and delay less time-sensitive things to later, helping you keep a clean and organized inbox.
  • The tag functionality is helpful to keep specific types of emails linked together. I like that you can add multiple customized tags all to one email.
  • The sharing capabilities are useful when working with multiple members of a team.
  • Sometimes it gets glitchy or lags a little bit.
  • Once and awhile emails get stuck as drafts or won't archive or send when you want them to.
  • I want better integrations with other software tools.
Front is great for anyone who lives in their email inbox and needs to stay organized. It is less useful in roles that don't require you to send or receive very many emails. It is also helpful for team-based roles because of its sharing capabilities. It is probably more useful for larger and growing companies.
I really like Front and I would hate to go back to just using Gmail or another basic mail platform. Haven't had much of a need for support!
August 28, 2020

Front and Center

Our marketing and client success management teams use Front but the rest of our company doesn’t. It addresses the problem of collaboration via email being clunky and difficult by streamlining it with tags, chats, and shared inboxes. It’s easy to assign an email to someone and they’ll get notified, chat with someone about an email directly below it, etc.
  • Collaboration
  • Organization
  • Assignments
  • I wish that my first email in the inbox would not be marked as read when I open front. I always have to mark it unread before moving on to whatever task I opened front to do.
Where collaboration is needed, so is Front. This is super helpful for teams that work in tandem to be able to have a chat directly below an email thread, removing the need to move the convo to Slack or Gchat.
I’ve always had pleasant experiences with front support
Front is used primarily by our customer-facing roles. We utilize the comment and shared draft features frequently to enable more consistent messaging across all of our customers. Front also integrates easily with Zapier, allowing for easy development of automated emails.

Front also has a great shared inbox feature which makes department-level email management very simple and allows for team-wide visibility.
  • Great commenting features for cross-collaboration - makes internal email forwarding unnecessary.
  • Strong Zapier integrations.
  • Strong multiple-inbox management tools.
  • Very strong search feature.
  • Commenting doesn't translate across all threads, meaning you end up with two threads in your inbox that contain the same information, but only one has commented - very confusing.
  • When copying text from other sources and pasting into email draft, it looks uniform in the draft, but when received, the formatting is different.
  • Emails sent sent, archived, and deleted natively in Gmail do not always sync with Front inbox.
The tool is great for users who are dedicated to learning the extent of its functionality; however, training is often slow and laborious for users used to classic inbox platforms like Gmail or Outlook. The lack of folder features also makes it difficult for new users to get used to, especially if you're migrating from a traditional inbox management software.
Front support has always been very responsive and quick to resolve issues. They are also great at proactively communicating about any systems failures they are working on.
Patryk Odedina | TrustRadius Reviewer
Our sales and processing team use it to communicate with our customers. As many people usually touch a customer's file, it is simple to share access to an email or text thread.
  • Allows multiple people access to text and email threads
  • Allows you to draft an email for someone else to control and send
  • Integrates text and email into one inbox
  • Color coding between text and email.
  • Customized notification preferences.
I've actually never used an interface like this. If you use both text and email for communication with customers, this is great! Also, if you need to give multiple people access to be able to respond to one client.
I haven't even had any scenario where I needed support. So far no bugs or kinks for me!
Rick Scouffas | TrustRadius Reviewer
We are currently using Front as a way to monitor mailboxes that visitors to our site can contact us. We have our sales development, sales, and CSM teams all using it which allows for easy collaboration. It helps make sure we have multiple sets of eyes monitoring inquiries so nothing slips through the cracks.
  • I call them "sticky notes" but Front calls them Comments. It's a way to collaboratively make comments on messages sent to joint inboxes for folks to coordinate a response before it goes back to the sender.
  • When exchanging with someone using the Comments feature, someone can create a draft reply and then share it before it goes out. It also includes the typing indicator letting you know they are not just replying, but specifically working on a draft reply. These things are really great for individuals, or teams, that don't sit next to each other.
  • Tagging. It's a fairly simple concept, but very useful for classifying notes and being able to manage, what could be, a messy inbox. Additionally, the ability to have your own personal tags really allows the user to manage their own messages in a way that works best for them.
  • Their integration to Salesforce is lacking. As the owner of our productivity tools and how they are used, I have very little control over what things to enforce, or even change what objects are available. For example, we don't use Cases in Salesforce but with the Salesforce integration the Cases object shows up. There's no need to have that there. I've heard there is a roadmap improvement forthcoming.
  • One of our uses is for our sales development reps to prospect with visitors. Because of the high volume of inquiries it's difficult for our reps to efficiently manage all their follow ups. It would be nice if we could run a "scheduled campaign" where a predesigned cadence of email follow ups can be sent automatically. To be clear, they do have a scheduling capability, but it just can't be used as a prebuilt option.
  • Integrations to other systems require you have a user account to those systems. We have SSO and therefore we don't always have a user account. For example, out integration to Jira uses SSO so we don't each have individual Jira logins. This is an outage for us.
Front is definitely good for teams that are spread out, in different locations. It's also a very good way to integrate general mailboxes such as a "sales@" type email, and your individual work email so you don't have to continually log into multiple email boxes.
Tim Berman | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Front for omni-channel communication, both for sales and support. We also use it for internal communication. It helps us to talk to customers in the way that is easy and frictionless for them, without multiple windows.
  • Omni-channel communication.
  • 2-way SMS.
  • Team inbox.
  • Pipedrive integration is not a live 2-way sync.
  • Intercom integration is not 2-way.
  • Cannot handle multiple device contact records, so if somebody chats on a cell phone and is identified, then chats in at work, they will have 2 contact records forever.
Businesses with multiple contact channels should consolidate in Front to keep up with a volume of digital messages.
Tom Davies | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Front to collect all of our support accounts in one place. It allows our team to act on support questions and delegate easily without having to forward emails or CC them to the correct contact internally. We simply tag/assign an email to a user which moves it to their queue so nothing gets dropped on our end for the customer.
  • Assigning emails across a number of users.
  • Rules that allow for emails to be filtered and assigned automatically.
  • Shows the flow of a conversation well, with comments and tags in the timeline.
  • I sometimes lose emails between support accounts and my own personal email in Front.
  • More reminders/updates on emails that sit for a period of time.
If you have an expansive support team that focusses less on ticketing and more on getting problems solved asap, then Front might be the best solution for you. We tried using systems like Desk.com and Zendesk and it didn't flow well with our users who wanted normal email conversations with us. Front allows us to collect our resources and support customers from across our organization.
The Front app is being used by the customer support team specifically. It is one of the most modern email management tools for customer support. This has made the entire CRM process for us very efficient, with its set of advanced rules, team management, autoresponder, and AI. It also has good integrations with tools such as Slack, JIRA, etc.
  • Email management: it has a comprehensive set of rules for email categorization, as well as team inbox allocation, which makes the rostering and turn-around time very efficient.
  • Custom plugins: they have great custom plugins. We have integrated our native chat using the custom plugins, and it allows us to offer a very seamless user experience to our users.
  • Integrations: They have integrations with all the top tools that a customer support and technology team use, such as JIRA, Slack, etc.
  • Pricing: it tends to become costly when you scale up your team..for a smaller organization, this is definitely worth a buy.
  • Speed: it tends to become slightly slow when you staff a team of 50+ members and have over a few million emails, but I'm not sure how other tools would perform in this scenario.
It is well suited for startups that wish to manage customer communication in an efficient manner. It is easy to set up, manage, and optimize, and doesn't require deep tech knowledge. For larger orgs, it becomes costly, and won't be the ideal CRM tool. Also, it needs custom development to integrate your own voice/chat tools with Front.
The support is good, and it's definitely prompt, but still lags when it comes to technical requirements, as I guess they are slow in developing newer features fast. So no complaints in terms of responsiveness, but yeah, at times it's not very helpful when you need certain features or are blocked on things which can't be unblocked.
We use it for customer support for sub-branded websites. We share this responsibility across the Customer Success and Product areas of our business. Front primarily solves the problem of multi-branding of our support needs, as these websites are branded differently from our corporate domain and we do not want our corporate brand to be visible in our responses.
  • The setup for multiple inboxes is simple and flexible -- no additional costs either.
  • Their support team is extremely responsive and tries extremely hard to help out should problems arise.
  • They took a suggestion and implemented a new feature based upon my input within 6 weeks of initial notification.
  • Front's reliance on being a better way to handle support email rather than a more traditional support ticketing system has its practical limits. For small outfits with low support volumes and relatively simple workflows, Front is probably a good option. I fear that we're outgrowing it quickly.
  • It's confusing how to manage ongoing support threads because everything looks like an email and it's not always clear to our agents as to when the issue should be "closed".
  • Templated responses and rules are OK, but some of the rules are not easily configured -- there is a learning curve as some settings aren't well documented and/or are not intuitive.
  • They don't have any sort of FAQ solution, meaning that canned responses cannot be reused in a knowledgebase or similar resource elsewhere in our solutions -- another reason why we might need to consider other options in the future.
Front is great when you have a relatively simple support workflow and do not need any sort of knowledge base or similar functionality. If you map out commonly-asked questions well and turn those into canned responses, Front makes it easy for an agent to respond quickly. However, since Front is completely based upon an email concept, automation of such responses is limited to subject line matching or similar. You can have different sets of responses for different mailboxes, though that's not a common solution for most businesses.
We use it in our sales team to organize our leads coming in from various points. We have a lot of e-submissions from various websites and this is a great way to bring them together and use Front to make sure they all get taken care of swiftly and in a very organized way.
  • Organizes complex or otherwise chaotic emails
  • Gives reports for speed of contact
  • Allows you to use multiple users and organize projects between them.
  • The exports are not great. They are hard to select and you never know what you are going to get.
  • The reports work really well for some things but not for others
  • It is pretty expensive per user.
If you need a way to organize emails, and work with them from a team setting, it is great for that. If you just have a lot of emails, it is an expensive way of organizing yourself even better. If you don't have someone who is savvy with technology to help you set it up, it may be hard to get the results what you need.

Front Scorecard Summary

What is Front?

Most businesses want to deliver the extraordinary service that makes their customers feel like the only one. But as a company grows, it becomes incredibly difficult to deliver this kind of service to hundreds, thousands, or millions of customers. Most businesses choose scale and efficiency over quality — and customer experience suffers. So Front equip scompanies to have it all — scale, efficiency, and quality, human-to-human interactions that lead to extraordinary customer experiences. And along the way, the vendor states Front also makes sure teams are working happier too.

Front is a hub for customer communication that allows companies to offer tailor-made service at scale. Front is designed to look and feel like an email inbox with a few important differences: teammates collaborate in the same place where external messages are sent and received, and behind the scenes, robust workflows and integrations power the efficiency and insights typically found in a CRM. The vendor states more than 6,500 businesses use Front to work together to send out the best replies faster, keep messages organized across channels, and always maintain a personal touch. This is to drive a personalized service that scales with the user's business — and a team that works together as one.

Front Screenshots

All your customer communication in one placeCollaboration, automation and powerful integrations

Front Video