April 28, 2020
Score 8 out of 10
Frontline Professional Growth is used in our school district to keep track of all parts of the teacher evaluation program including observations, SGOs, documentation logs, Professional Development Plans, and Professional Development Workshops. All aspects of a teacher/educational specialist's summative evaluation are documented in Frontline Professional Growth.
- Frontline Professional Growth is set up to organize and document all aspects of a teacher's evaluation. Artifacts are archived and can be used in multiple areas.
- SGOs, observations, PDPs, and documentation logs can all be shared between the staff member and the administration.
- The forms are easy to fill out, can be saved as drafts in progress, and can be referred to from year to year.
- The Professional Development Workshop section offers a calendar of workshops in catalog format as well as calendar format.
- As a workshop presenter, enrollment tools are easy to use and offer multiple ways to access your roster.
- As a workshop participant, workshops are listed as in progress and completed. Hours are tabulated and saved each year.
- Frontline Professional Growth can be a little cumbersome as there are many tabs and multiple choices under each tab. It is not always easy to find exactly what you are looking for on the first try. There are often multiple steps to one location.
Read Melissa Ferro's full review
Frontline Professional Growth allows a teacher/educational specialist to organize and keep track of all the parts of their yearly evaluation (observations, SGOs, documentation log, Professional Development Plan), and Professional Development Workshops. Our district has been able to adjust the use of Frontline Professional Growth to fit our Professional Development goals as well as our evaluation systems. Frontline Professional Growth also has a Forms section so we have all of our request forms in a paperless environment. Overall, the system does a good job of helping the teacher and supervisor/administration manage the evaluation and professional development requirements for our State.