Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of FunctionFox, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
The different versions are:
- Timesheet with stopwatch timer
- CEO Desktop project dashboard
- Project estimating and budget tracking
- Instant reporting on clients, projects and personnel
- Calendar with iCalendar integration
- Email reminders and alerts
The premier time & project tracking system that includes additional task assignment & scheduling - for teams seeking more advanced project management.
Premier includes all of the features of Classic as well as:
- Action assignment and resource allocation
- Project Calendar and Scheduling
- To-Do List with built-in stopwatch timer
- Timeline Overview
- Project Blog
- Additional email alerts, advanced calendaring and more
The in-house timesheet & reporting system that includes a project request form and multiple reports specific to marketing groups.
In-House includes all of the features of Premier as well as:
- Flink - document exchange & attach files
- Project Request Form for all outside departments
- Cycle & Capacity Reports
- 10 Custom Fields to track additional project information
- Advanced Report Generator with template reports saving to Excel, CSV, PDF and HTML
- Supported: Online Time-tracking and Project Management
- Supported: Project Scheduling, Assigning Work-To-Do's, Tracking Deliverables
- Supported: Covers everything you need on a project from concept through to completion including estimates, reporting and invoicing
- Supported: Ideal for Creative Professionals looking to improve Productivity and Profitability
- Quickbooks for the PC
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||85%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||13%|
|Enterprises (more than 500 employees)||2%|
|Mobile Application||Apple iOS, Android|
- timesheet management
- CEO desktop view
- project management
- Blog aka discussion about project should have task level too
- Email reminders should be more clear
- Blog can have access to customers so they can see certain discussions
- Project Management.
- Employee Time Tracking.
- Task Management.
- Searchability could be improved a bit.
- Can track multiple team members' time.
- Can segment time spent by activity/function type.
- Can report on time spent by activity/function type.
- Segmenting. It is so difficult to always select which activity/team you are on, which is a big time suck.
- It shouldn't take you a significant amount of time to log time, but it does.
- There is still a lot of improvements that can be made on the reporting side and the overall UI. That could make this a more valuable, tool.
- With only a couple clicks I can still easily pull reports by employee on a weekly basis which provide the information I need to run payroll.
- I pull reports by client each month for our monthly client billings, which we have broken down by project so I can easily see how our time was spent on their account.
- We set a budget for the approved number of hours we can apply to any one project for the month, and the system provides the project manager with a warning as the limit comes near. That function has been fantastic!
- FunctionFox's Help Desk personnel are wonderful, providing an exceptionally personalized experience. They take their time, and will even schedule a call to go into greater depth, such as an entire account review just to ensure you're able to use all the product features to your company's best advantage. Our entire team jumped on a half hour call a couple months ago, and she answered ALL of our questions, including providing us with info on some features we hadn't realized even existed.
- We've found it difficult to add new Clients since you need to manually add each of the different types of Projects and Tasks.
- We have also had to customize it a bit to account for personnel who bill out at multiple different rates, depending on the type of project they're working on.
- Unfortunately, FunctionFox doesn't currently integrate with QuickBooks, so our move to QBOnline last year means that we still need to manually type in hours and projects when creating a QBO invoice. Integration with QBO has ultimately turned out to be a "must have" feature for us as we've grown, so we'll be moving to T-Sheets in 2019. But I must admit, leaving FunctionFox has been a very difficult choice.
- Project Time Tracking
- Employee Time Tracking
- Analysis for company growth
- We wish it would integrate with our CRM or QuickBooks better.
As a freelance copywriter, FunctionFox keeps me organized and helps me keep projects on track. Creating estimates with FunctionFox lets me track progress and avoid going over budget, which my clients appreciate. It is simple and quick to record my time with FunctionFox which means that even though I'm not a great fan of time sheets, my time records are much more accurate and complete than they were when my time was recorded on sticky notes and other random bits of paper. I know I am capturing more billable hours than I used to do, and also that I am wasting much less time on non-billable admin tasks. I'm more productive, because FunctionFox helps me focus on the job at hand, and I feel more competent and professional, knowing that I can back up my fees with a complete and accurate record of time and expenses.
- FunctionFox makes time tracking easy. The interface for recording time is simple and quick to use, with pull-down menus for clients, projects and tasks, and a choice between recording time manually or with a timer.
- FunctionFox helps me understand my business better. A wide range of easy-to-generate reports lets me delve down to understand which clients and projects are most (or least) profitable. Tracking estimates against actual fees and hard costs helps me develop more accurate and realistic quotes.
- FunctionFox makes me more professional. Time-tracking is just the beginning. FunctionFox makes that simple task into a really powerful tool that helps me appear - and be - more professional. It helps me develop comprehensive estimates, ensures better communications with clients during the life of a project, and helps me create accurate and complete invoices. As a freelancer, professionalism is vitally important in establishing and maintaining trust with clients.
- FunctionFox supports its software with above-and-beyond customer service. Whenever I have had a question about FunctionFox - how to configure it so it works better for me, whether a new feature would be useful to me, how to do something, where to find something - any question, really - is answered right away by a representative that understands my business.
- FunctionFox doesn't have an accounting function built in, so isn't totally stand alone. The simplicity that brings to the program is great, but it might be nice to have everything in one package.
- Ability to break down time allocation to a seemingly limitless number of clients and projects for those clients
- Flexibility in being able to return to any day or entry and modify it if necessary.
- Great customer support for any questions, and "hand holding" during early stages of using the product!
- So far, in my two years of using Function Fox, I haven't found any area that doesn't work well for me, so I have nothing to suggest for improvement.
- Tracks hours/cost at the project, client or portfolio level.
- Allows you to pull reports for a number of financial components.
- Provided all employees have the training, comments are useful to understand what that time was for, especially in situations with over burning etc.
- The function of the site is not as user-friendly as others, it's sometimes hard to find certain projects and organize data in order to track effectively. I would often need to download/export reports.
- Sometimes a project would accidentally be created twice and hours billed to two separate projects for the same thing. Which made tracking and billing increasingly difficult.
- Little to no organization of projects for billing and finance purposes, which makes it hard when we conduct billing as there is not a clear way to know if a project is complete, ongoing, rejected etc.
- FunctionFox allows 451 Marketing to pull and customize many different reports, which is important to us both internally and externally.
- FunctionFox allows 451 Marketing to track time either by exact time, using the timer or by entering time in blocks. That is helpful to us because we have 6 different departments and each department likes to track differently.
- FunctionFox allows administrators to assign different levels of usage per user.
- FunctionFox could benefit from making some changes to the over all look and layout of the site.
- FunctionFox should make some changes as to how many steps there are to complete certain processes, it can often times be unnecessary and can often be troublesome. A simpler process would be beneficial.
- 451 Marketing is currently changing how we bill, it would be nice to see some easier ways to incorporate this change.
- Track time
- Provides overview of weeks and months
- Review of daily activity
- Providing a timeline of clients needs and projects
- Easier to go back and add on previous days if you missed inputting time
- Great a desktop widget/app that makes it easier to track via TimeFox without login in via a website
- Tracking billable hours
- Tracking projects
- More robust calendar
- Task tracking system (% complete, % of budget spent)
- More thorough reporting regarding budget
- Resource allocation (showing if someone is overbooked)
- Time Tracking
- Project Dashboard
- Email Remainders & Alerts
- Project Estimating
- Budget Tracking
- Mobile site
- Mobile App
- TimeFox downloads clean Excel spreadsheets. Not all technology systems do this particularly well.
- TimeFox has the ability to store a lot of data from many, many years ago. This is helpful when trying to find old marketing jobs completed.
- TimeFox is pretty intuitive. It isn't particularly difficult to understand the tool and become acquainted with its various functions.
- TimeFox was unavailable for use for at least a couple of days during the two years I used it. But the customer service support was excellent during that time.