Score 9.8 out of 10

What is FunctionFox?

FunctionFox provides TimeFox which is a timesheet and project management solution for small creative companies. The vendor says TimeFox is currently used by over 100,000 creative professionals in Canada, the US, Europe, Asia, Australia and New Zealand.

Timefox

January 29, 2016
We use it to track billable hours and how much we're servicing each client account. It's a easy way to make sure we're servicing specific …

FunctionFox Review

March 06, 2015
TimeFox was used to track project milestones, deliverables, and deadlines. We used it to assign designers to certain projects and tasks to …

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of FunctionFox, and make your voice heard!

FunctionFox Classic

$5

FunctionFox Premier

$10

FunctionFox In-House

$20

per user

For the latest information on pricing, visithttp://www.functionfox.com/pricing

What is FunctionFox?

FunctionFox is a timesheet and project management solution. The vendor says it is currently used by more than 100,000 creative professionals in more than 120 countries.

The different versions are:

Classic

Classic includes:

• Timesheet with stopwatch timer
  • CEO Desktop project dashboard
  • Project estimating and budget tracking
  • Instant reporting on clients, projects and personnel
  • Calendar with iCalendar integration
  • Email reminders and alerts
Premier

The premier time & project tracking system that includes additional task assignment & scheduling - for teams seeking more advanced project management.

Premier includes all of the features of Classic as well as:

• Action assignment and resource allocation
  • Project Calendar and Scheduling
  • To-Do List with built-in stopwatch timer
  • Timeline Overview
  • Project Blog
  • Additional email alerts, advanced calendaring and more
In-House

The in-house timesheet & reporting system that includes a project request form and multiple reports specific to marketing groups.

In-House includes all of the features of Premier as well as:

• Flink - document exchange & attach files
  • Project Request Form for all outside departments
  • Cycle & Capacity Reports
  • 10 Custom Fields to track additional project information
  • Advanced Report Generator with template reports saving to Excel, CSV, PDF and HTML

FunctionFox Features

• Supported: Online Time-tracking and Project Management
  • Supported: Project Scheduling, Assigning Work-To-Do's, Tracking Deliverables
  • Supported: Covers everything you need on a project from concept through to completion including estimates, reporting and invoicing
  • Supported: Ideal for Creative Professionals looking to improve Productivity and Profitability

FunctionFox Screenshots

Screenshot of Easily navigate throughout FunctionFox from the customizable Home dashboard.Screenshot of CEO Desktop enables users to visualize budgets and deadlines for specific projects.Screenshot of The Project Status page provides the users with  an overview of the projects and the different stages they are at. With the filters users can drill down to see specific clients or projects.Screenshot of The Calendar provides a great weekly or monthly view of project start and due dates, along with deliverables, milestones, and meetings.

FunctionFox Competitors

FunctionFox Technical Details

Deployment TypesSoftware as a Service (SaaS), Cloud, or Web-Based
Mobile ApplicationApple iOS, Android
Supported CountriesWorldwide
Supported LanguagesEnglish

Basecamp and Workamajig are common alternatives for FunctionFox.

The most common users of FunctionFox are from Small Businesses (1-50 employees).

FunctionFox Customer Size Distribution

Consumers0%
Small Businesses (1-50 employees)85%
Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)13%
Enterprises (more than 500 employees)2%

• We did not use FunctionFox long enough to really see ROI, we struggled with getting team members to adopt the technology.
  • If it is used properly, I think you could find areas where you can automate processes or make a key hire to help optimize staff efficiency.
  • It can help with billing clients that you are being paid for spending time on.
  • FunctionFox has been our very first time tracking application for the business, so it's helped ensure we're billing out for all the time worked on our client's behalf. Or at least we are able to see how much time we consciously decide NOT to bill.
  • With greater visibility of our data, we're able to track employee efficiency. For instance, we are able to see the # of hours that are billable vs. non-billable per week, so everyone now sees their billable % stats with each paycheck.
  • The cost of FunctionFox is low, and you're not billed for archived users so it's been a great value for the money. It only helps us produce revenue, with exceptionally little cost. This product fulfills a much needed service in the arena of essential apps for small businesses.
  • FunctionFox pays for itself just about every month in terms of how much more I am able to bill than before I started using the software, and how much less time I need to spend on non-billable admin tasks. I used to create invoices based mostly on what sounded fair, rather than on accurate time & cost records. I'm sure my clients loved it, but it wasn't healthy for my business. Now I base invoices on actual time and expense records, and end up with more money in my pocket.
  • It's not tangible, but FunctionFox has improved my ability to communicate with clients, and with freelance partners when I'm involved in a collaborative project. I can anticipate and discuss potential budget or delivery deadline overruns before they occur. The goodwill this builds has had a tremendously positive impact on client and partnership relations.
  • I fell into freelancing without a lot of experience running a business. FunctionFox has been a great teacher, helping me think through many issues that I wouldn't have even recognized as important. It is simple to use, with a UI that is neither intimidating nor overwhelming, and it has been super flexible in terms of molding it to suit the way I work.
January 29, 2016

Timefox

• Better tracking of client servicing
  • Has let to less employee efficiency - they take time out of their day to do it
  • If you forget to do TimeFox, it's near impossible to create an accurate report
March 06, 2015

FunctionFox Review

• Increased employee efficiency
  • Employees being more aware of the amount of time they spend on a project versus what has been budgeted
  • Helped to make monthly billing more manageable