Futuramo Time Tracker Reviews

Abigail Nwaocha | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 17, 2019

Time Tracker and Project Management software

I use Futurama to track tasks done per project and per client. I liked being able to track the time spent on each task across different team members, and across different projects and different clients. I also liked being able to label tasks. Futurama Tasks technically stands separately from the time tracker, but I liked how both are connected together and I or any of my staff assigned to a project can track the time spent on each task. I work as a consultant/freelancer and being able to track the time spent on each project and its sub-tasks allows me to bill my client appropriately.
  • The biggest pro of Futurama Time tracker is that it comes bundled with other tools. These are "Projects, Tasks, Virtual Tickets, Time Tracker, and Icons." This means I can track the time spent on each task within a project.
  • Time Tracker is easy to use, all you need to do is go to time tracker, enter the task you want to track, choose what project and clients it's under, and then click the play/start icon.
  • For projects that involve collaborating with others (either external freelancers I'm managing, or my staff) I can track the time spent on each task by each user. So I know how long each person spent on their task and how it related to the estimated time. This way I know if the project will take longer or shorter than estimated.
  • I'ver been using Futuramo for almost 2 years, primarily because they reached out to me to be one of the first users/testers. I've also shared some glitches that could be improved but the timer glitch is still there. When I start the timer to track a project, instead of the timer to start counting, it remains at 00:00 which is worrying because it makes me feel like it's not actually tracking what I'm working on. I was once 18 mins unto a task and when I checked the tracker it said 00:16 I was so worried I ended the task. Interestingly when I ended the task, it showed the correct time which was 18 minutes. I'm happy the timer was working but I'm also frustrated and in near-panic.
  • Like TopTracker, I wish there was a way to take screenshots of what I'm doing, that way I can be sure that the rest of the team is actually working on the timed tasks.
  • In the Time Tracker section of Futuramo, where the tasks timed are listed, I wish it was possible to actually click on any of the tasks there to see things like mouse clicks and keyboard taps. Similar to how Hubstaff and Upwork tracker tracks "productivity" (I'm not sure what this is called).
  • If you track a task not originally in Futuramo Task but created in Time Tracker, connected to a project or client, when you go to Futuramo Task, it won't be listed there. And when you to go Futuramo Projects, you still wouldn't see it there. I would like to go to Futuramo Project and see all the tasks there, both those timed and those yet to start.
Futuramo is best for when you're working alone on a project, or with a small team, given the glitches with the time tracker and the poor integration with Futuramo Tasks and Projects. Unless you're going to manually calculate the times spent on all tasks individually in order to know the total time spent on the project, I would not recommend using it on projects where you'd be billed per the time spent rather than a fixed amount.
Read Abigail Nwaocha's full review

Futuramo Time Tracker Scorecard Summary

About Futuramo Time Tracker

Futuramo Time Tracker is a cloud-based time tracking, work management and productivity app used by freelancers and businesses to track, analyze and manage work time more effectively. The advanced statistics provide insights on daily work habits, which the vendor says helps users improve time and cost estimates in the future.

The app offers a rich set of features that allow individuals and teams visualize, prioritize and manage work. Timers allow users to track and assign time to any given Client and Project. Manual Time Recording functionality allows users to track time offline, introduce or edit records manually for any project with speed and simplicity. Advanced Statistics gives real-time stats which allows users to track their own time and follow their team's activity. Time spent on particular Projects and Clients is visualized in a clear, filtrable stats chart where all the key data are visible at a glance. Futuramo Time Tracker also includes a Filters Panel to quickly filter information.

Users can manage their Client and Project list across the entire Futuramo Cloud platform (other apps) without having to switch logins.