Perfect email, document management & file storage for small businessWe utilize G-Suite across our company for email, documents and file storage. We are entirely cloud-based and with G-Suite, we don't have to manage any file servers or complex LAN configuration. It's pretty much an all-in-one office document and email solution for us.,Fully integrated solution for us with email, documents & file storage. Everything is backed up instantly & sharing/collaborating is really easy. Pretty much maintenance free. Allows us to operate virtually with no IT staff. G-Suite is a very economical solution for the company compared to having desktop applications and the necessary infrastructure to support. I can really easily manage all of the users of the G-Suite applications & don't have to be particularly technical.,We run into some limitations around document formatting (both Docs & Sheets) Maintaining some consistency around the Drive file structure & organization when sharing is difficult Cleanup of old and outdated docs can be hard to do.,10,G-Suite allows us to get new employees up and running almost instantly Very economical for us as a startup. Don't have a specific ROI number, but when compared with having an IT person and a LAN with servers and clients, the ROI is off the chart.,Microsoft 365 Business and Apache OpenOffice,NetSuite, LastPass, Asana, Adobe Acrobat DCG Suite gives us peace of mindG Suite is being used by every single employee at our company. I have to say that my life is so much easier because of G Suite. There are so many great functions about G Suite. I love that G Suite is entirely in the cloud. I love that all of the apps can be accessed anywhere in the world as long as you have an internet connection and your Google login information. G Suite allows you to store, work, and share your files with your co-workers with ease. I use G Suite every day and it has saved me a bunch of time. By being able to have all our files and all work done in the cloud, employees do not need to worry about their work being lost nor does the company need to worry about not being able to get those files when the employee leaves the company.,All functions of G Suite is in the cloud. No more worrying about losing files. The ability to share with coworkers with ease. Can access G Suite anywhere in the whole that has internet connection.,I do not care for the improvements made to the G Suite Calendar. They cause me to spend more time than necessary. It would be nice to be able to access the files offline similar to Microsoft Products. I wish the G Suite apps for smartphones were easier to use. I struggle with being able to have the same functions as a computer does for the G Suite apps.,10,It's affordable. Easy to use, easy to save, easy to store files. No more worrying about files getting lost or not saved.,Microsoft 365 Business,QuickBooks Online, DropboxG Suite is great for business!I'm a freelance graphic designer and I use G Suite for my email, and to create documents for myself as well as to send to clients. I like that I can send it to anyone and not worry about them needing specific software to read it. I also like that I can pull up my documents anywhere with Internet access. It's not just tied to my computer. Additionally, it keeps all my files in one place.,Anyone can open the documents regardless of computer software. You don't have to worry if they have Microsoft Word or Mac's Pages. Easy to send and receive to and from clients. I can create spreadsheets and docs and easily save or send what I need to. I also love that I can see what others do to edit my document. Access anywhere you have Internet access. They are automatically saved to your Drive so you don't have to worry about losing files or not having access to specific ones when you need it. Gmail is so easy to use, looks clean and professional, and it's easy to find old emails that I wanted to refer back to.,Google Docs is great if you just need a simple document, but doing anything more than that, such as making it a little prettier by adding a design or imagery, is very limited. Of course, you can add pictures, but not in the capacity you can in Word or Pages. I've tried to create templates for clients in Google Doc and it just doesn't work. I wish it did, as it's a great universal software. I wish that you could use your computer's own fonts for Google Docs and Sheets. You're stuck with the Google fonts and, while they have many to choose from, I would prefer to use the fonts that I always use in my branding. I wish there was a way to create your own "tabs" in the Gmail filter when you configure your Inbox. While their algorithm is very smart, knowing what emails are promotional and which are from friends, there are certain ones I'd love to have grouped together in other categories.,10,I use it daily in my business, and since it functions so well, it makes everything run smoother and faster. I think everyone can benefit from having a professional email that G Suite provides with their Gmail for business. If you're a business and you're still using a @gmail.com or @yahoo.com or whatever, it just feels like you're less dedicated. Google Sheets makes it easy for me to track my hours for clients I work hourly for. At the end of the month, I can take my Sheets document and have a quick log of my hours to bill my client. I actualy just keep those sheets open all month to refer back to as I start/pick up on their projects. Quick and easy.,,Adobe Illustrator CC, Asana, Adobe Photoshop, Dropbox, SquarespaceG Suite - Office Productivity for This DayG Suite is deployed as the defacto communication and collaboration tools for the company. It handles email & other communication (such as video & chat), calendaring, productivity tools such as word processing, presentations and spreadsheets, and file storage. G Suite provides all of these services in a single package.,Tightly integrated interfaces and services that allow a single authentication point for all services with strong multi-factor authentication Strong uptime and reliability,Services can frequently change user interfaces with little notice, few roll back options. Forced upgrades Data is hard to export from the system, migrations to other SaaS email, calendaring, & productivity software providers are difficult & complicated Phone support provided under higher tier contracts is OK, not always helpful, can't completely replace helpdesk,8,Less helpdesk and IT employees Tightly integrated services (SAML-based SSO provider can be used out of G Suite for free) Centralized billing, only having to pay a single service provider for all of the contained services,Microsoft Office 365,Google Authenticator, Google Drive, Google Domains, Google Forms, Google HangoutsIt's G Suite. 'Nuff said.I generally use Gmail, Docs, Drive, and Calendar apps. It's very easy to run my whole business from there, especially syncing appointments and sending larger files to my clients. I use Docs to track my business activities and ad spend. Gmail, of course, gives me a clean interface to work out of, and I can add Streak CRM for Gmail and FullContact for lead tracking, networking, and a smoother workflow.,For Google Drive: Very easy to sync all my files into the cloud and send them to my clients. For Gmail: It's the robust, clean interface that I love the most. It's so easy to use and has been my favorite email application of all time. For Google Calendar: It's no fuss and I'm able to set up appointments and block times easily.,I wish Google would help new users understand all the features better. I feel like I'm only using half of what's available to me.,10,G Suite runs about 50% of my business, so I have a very big ROI from it! I don't know what I would do without it.,Slack and Dropbox,Todoist, Chargebee, WebinarJam
G Suite

G Suite Reviews

G Suite
Filter 153 vetted G Suite reviews and ratings

Ed Hart profile photo
February 07, 2019

G Suite Review: "Perfect email, document management & file storage for small business"

• Fully integrated solution for us with email, documents & file storage.
  • Everything is backed up instantly & sharing/collaborating is really easy.
  • Pretty much maintenance free. Allows us to operate virtually with no IT staff.
  • G-Suite is a very economical solution for the company compared to having desktop applications and the necessary infrastructure to support.
  • I can really easily manage all of the users of the G-Suite applications & don't have to be particularly technical.
  • We run into some limitations around document formatting (both Docs & Sheets)
  • Maintaining some consistency around the Drive file structure & organization when sharing is difficult
  • Cleanup of old and outdated docs can be hard to do.
I can't imagine doing a startup or lean growth organization without G-Suite after having been using the platform for a few years. Having formerly dealt with desktop applications and the infrastructure required to manage them, G-Suite is like a breath of fresh air. For smaller organizations that need to be lean, nimble and fast-paced, I think G-Suite is a perfect solution for email, document management & file storage. I can see where larger, more complex organizations with a lot of security and user roles would struggle a little, but for the small to medium-sized business, I think G-Suite is the way to go.
Read Ed Hart's full review
JaCoby Marston, CPA profile photo
February 27, 2019

User Review: "G Suite gives us peace of mind"

• All functions of G Suite is in the cloud. No more worrying about losing files.
  • The ability to share with coworkers with ease.
  • Can access G Suite anywhere in the whole that has internet connection.
  • I do not care for the improvements made to the G Suite Calendar. They cause me to spend more time than necessary.
  • It would be nice to be able to access the files offline similar to Microsoft Products.
  • I wish the G Suite apps for smartphones were easier to use. I struggle with being able to have the same functions as a computer does for the G Suite apps.
G Suite is a huge time saver for any business and G Suite's pricing is fair and they only charge based on the number of users, which is really cool. G Suite makes my life so much better and easier. I am glad my company uses G Suite because I do not have to worry about the projects getting lost since they are autosaved to G Suite's cloud.
Read JaCoby Marston, CPA's full review
Megan Ronecker profile photo
January 11, 2019

User Review: "G Suite is great for business!"

• Anyone can open the documents regardless of computer software. You don't have to worry if they have Microsoft Word or Mac's Pages.
  • Easy to send and receive to and from clients. I can create spreadsheets and docs and easily save or send what I need to. I also love that I can see what others do to edit my document.
  • Access anywhere you have Internet access. They are automatically saved to your Drive so you don't have to worry about losing files or not having access to specific ones when you need it.
  • Gmail is so easy to use, looks clean and professional, and it's easy to find old emails that I wanted to refer back to.
  • Google Docs is great if you just need a simple document, but doing anything more than that, such as making it a little prettier by adding a design or imagery, is very limited. Of course, you can add pictures, but not in the capacity you can in Word or Pages. I've tried to create templates for clients in Google Doc and it just doesn't work. I wish it did, as it's a great universal software.
  • I wish that you could use your computer's own fonts for Google Docs and Sheets. You're stuck with the Google fonts and, while they have many to choose from, I would prefer to use the fonts that I always use in my branding.
  • I wish there was a way to create your own "tabs" in the Gmail filter when you configure your Inbox. While their algorithm is very smart, knowing what emails are promotional and which are from friends, there are certain ones I'd love to have grouped together in other categories.
I think businesses that need a professional email address would benefit from G Suite. I love the Gmail email platform, and from there found how valuable Google Docs/Sheets/Slides are. I think it would be even more useful for a business that had multiple employees to be able to stay up to date on documents together.
Read Megan Ronecker's full review
Stephen Groat profile photo
November 28, 2018

Review: "G Suite - Office Productivity for This Day"

• Tightly integrated interfaces and services that allow a single authentication point for all services with strong multi-factor authentication
  • Strong uptime and reliability
  • Services can frequently change user interfaces with little notice, few roll back options. Forced upgrades
  • Data is hard to export from the system, migrations to other SaaS email, calendaring, & productivity software providers are difficult & complicated
  • Phone support provided under higher tier contracts is OK, not always helpful, can't completely replace helpdesk
Great for new and starting business, especially those with employees already familiar with the G Suite (the help desk savings alone can be worth it). Not as good for legacy businesses with large compliance overheads that already have functioning, onsite, legacy systems. The migration and downtime associated can often be expensive.
Read Stephen Groat's full review
Cherlyn Chong profile photo
March 12, 2019

User Review: "It's G Suite. 'Nuff said."

• For Google Drive: Very easy to sync all my files into the cloud and send them to my clients.
  • For Gmail: It's the robust, clean interface that I love the most. It's so easy to use and has been my favorite email application of all time.
  • For Google Calendar: It's no fuss and I'm able to set up appointments and block times easily.
  • I wish Google would help new users understand all the features better. I feel like I'm only using half of what's available to me.
I think G Suite is suited in almost all situations. I can't think of where it wouldn't be useful.
Read Cherlyn Chong's full review
Oral Tosun profile photo
February 13, 2019

Review: "G Suite is a must have app for every online business owner"

G Suite provides an online presence for a company. I have been using G Suite since I started my online business. Google has different services related to business. Using your own company name in these app services ensures searchability. It provides a reputation with my customers. G Suite provides more storage area on the cloud.
  • Customized business name on Google applications. This feature is related to my company reputation.
  • Larger data storage area for your business provides flexibility when running your business.
  • Using your company name on G Suite's email extension means presentability.
  • The storage area provided by G Suite could be larger than what they offer now. It would be good to have 100 GB storage area for my business since my job turns around mostly large digital files.
  • There are no huge differences between the standard Google usage and the G Suite for my business. It would be better to see much lower prices on G Suite.
G Suite is a must-have application for those who run a business. If you want to see your company name on the internet in a reputable way then you definitely should try G Suite. G Suite and its application ecosystem would help your business track your customers' data, send branded invoices, set up online meetings, keep your business calendar up to date, etc.
Read Oral Tosun's full review
Cameron Aubernon profile photo
October 10, 2018

Review: "G Suite: The Office App Solution for Any Google Fan"

I use G Suite mainly for its Gmail service. When I bought my URL from Google Domains, I also wanted an email address to go along with it to present myself as a professional (something driven home to me in my early days as an independent fashion blogger). Having my own email served by G Suite makes everything worthwhile.
  • G Suite offers to its business-minded customers the best apps Google has made.
  • Billing is a breeze, and low-cost, to boot.
  • If you've ever used any Google product, G Suite doesn't change the experience gained from using Google's free apps.
  • A true month-to-month service would be wonderful for those who don't want to be locked in to paying $50/year.
  • Better ways to implement a company logo so it looks as natural as Google's own on a given app is a must.
  • Quicker access to the billing and payments side of G Suite would make everything worthwhile.
If your business is all-in on Google, and if your employees are, as well, G Suite is the only service you need. If your business needs tools from Microsoft or other vendors, and/or you and/or your employees don't feel good around Google products for any number of reasons (privacy, knowledge of the apps, etc.), G Suite may be a bridge too far.
Read Cameron Aubernon's full review
William Reese profile photo
October 08, 2018

Review: "G Suite great for nonprofits and "younger" employees."

G Suite is used across our entire company of nearly 80 users, though different users use different aspects of G Suite. But we all use Gmail and Google Drive storage. We generally limit the use of G Suite for internal use for things like Docs, Sheets, and Slides for collaborative purposes.
  • Easy to share and collaborate on files.
  • Sufficient storage per user on Google Drive.
  • Easy to convert to or from Microsoft file formats.
  • Sheets should include more formulas that are similar to the Excel formulas.
  • Google should figure out a way to prevent companies from blocking docs.google.com. Or at least promote that is a trustworthy source of file sharing.
  • Provide more detailed print functionality other than just size and orientation.
As described previously G Suite is well suited for use among the internal users in a company. It is perfect for sharing and collaborating on draft docs, sheets, slides. It is easy then to Download As Word, Excel or PowerPoint for external use. External use is the main sticking point. Many companies block docs.google.com from their employees so that sharing/collaborating across companies is a problem.
Read William Reese's full review
Nick Dorogavtsev profile photo
September 25, 2018

G Suite Review: "The Way For The Future, No Cannibalization Of The 90s Winnings. Welcome To The 21st Century"

G Suite is the center of our business. Everything is going through G Suite. It is used by the whole organization. When a new employee gets on board, the G Suite Account and training is the first thing that they receive, before anything else.

- All our company manuals and policies and procedures are in Google Sites. Employees can find anything that they need there with easy search and they get access only to the right parts of the policies and procedures, not all company documentation (sales see sales manuals, operations see only operations).
- All attachments in the emails are OCRed and searchable in fractions of a second. That was the best thing we have ever done. So if we have a photo or a receipt we can easily find it with few words.
- Delegated inboxes are collaborative space for the whole team, where we can see who replied to what and when. No double up.
- Central space for all our logins, we can log in via G Suite.
- Calendars are shared and we are getting access to availability for the team with a click of a button.
- The drive is brilliant and no need to spend hundreds of dollars on DropBoxes, it does it all and it is included.

• True cloud product, built for the new generation of businesses. No outdated software to install. Everything as up to date at any point in time.
  • Any of our employees can open a new computer and be fully operational in seconds with full access to everything in exactly the same places as it was. With MS it was hours and hours of IT installing all the software.
  • The true collaboration tools. Working on documents simultaneously. No version issues.
  • Delegated Collaborative Inboxes are brilliant. 15 people working on one inbox efficiently and without overlapping.
  • Incremental Backups of data are easy.
  • We have 10 different other systems integrated with G Suite. The ecosystem is brilliant.
  • Google Hangouts is the weakest point of G Suite. It is built by programmers for robots, not for people. We are using Hangouts because it is inbuilt, not because we like it. It is not very reliable, so if we need to set an important online meeting, we use Zoom.
  • Google Sheets needs some work to catch up to Excel. However, it provides with everything that we need and we use spreadsheets a lot.
  • Gmail really need the ability to forward multiple messages at the same time. Select 10 and forward the... We have been asking for is for years. This is the only feature that makes me miss Outlook.
Suited for businesses that are growing. It allows effortless scaling up. If you are a small business that is growing into a huge corporation, G Suite is perfect for you.

If you want all your data to be gone if your computer goes kaput and you want it stored onsite, then G Suite is not for you.
Read Nick Dorogavtsev's full review
Ryan (Skip) Harris profile photo
September 24, 2018

G Suite Review: "Can't beat the Collaboration with G-Suite"

We use G-Suite company-wide as our email management and document management platform. It has come a long way and is a great substitute for the Microsoft Office products and the best part is it's all web-based so documents and email can be accessed from anywhere. The document real-time collaboration is un-matched and we use that feature frequently.
  • Web-based email management. Google continually makes improvements and its most recent improvement with snoozing emails and canned responses really helps with efficiency.
  • Real-time document collaboration is awesome and works amazingly. We frequently use this feature while updating a proposal or perfecting scripting.
  • G-Suite is a great low cost alternative to other office products particularly on premise microsoft office and since it's all web-based, access is easily provided to any employee or end user.
  • With G Suite, it won’t matter whether your team members use Macs, PCs, Linux-based machines, or Chromebooks...everything will look, feel and function exactly the same.
  • The conversations in Gmail takes some getting used to, but once you understand how it works it makes for easier to organization. You have the option to disable it as well. Also, labels could be a little easier to use and could be a little easier to drag emails onto an expanding label.
  • I still often find myself using MS PowerPoint for presentation creation. It has quite a few more features and an easier to use UI. But, you can always create a powerpoint pres and upload it into slides.
  • The Office 365 apps and of course the on premise Microsoft applications are typically more feature-rich than the G Suite equivalents.
Well Suited:
  • G Suite was built as a collaboration-focused solution, and as such its collaboration features are arguably a bit stronger.
  • It’s a good solution for businesses where multiple devices and operating systems are used.
Less Appropriate:
  • If your organization absolutely has to work with MS Office files regularly - and particularly if you need to use the advanced functionality that MS Office applications provide - then a better choice is going with Office
  • If you have only windows based machines.
Read Ryan (Skip) Harris's full review
November 29, 2018

User Review: "G Suite is so sweet!"

G Suite is used for any and everything in my organizations. It is the most efficient way that exists to create, edit, and store documents of all types within a company, allowing constant access to the most updated version to everyone who needs it. These documents can be easily added to emails through Gmail or shared with the public as well. And these are just the basics of how you can utilize G Suite, and leaves out other incredible features like Voice, Hangouts, etc.
  • It’s an incredibly efficient way to create and update documents, spreadsheets, forms, and more.
  • Staying organIzed across an organization is easy with G Suite, as it allows access to the most up to date version of any document, detailed sharing capabilities (public and private) and integrates with countless other platforms.
  • Gmail is by far the best email platform to work with due to its countless built in features and add-ons as well as its simple access to everything within your Google Drive.
  • Google Forms could be more robust and allow for more customization. While there are other companies that do forms better, the benefit of G Suite is having everything in one place and it would be great if the forms could be more complex.
  • Google Voice is limiting, and while it is a great feature to have, the ability to add only one masked phone number per cell phone is challenging for people who work for multiple companies like myself.
  • I wish Gmail had more customization options for managing my Inbox. Since I receive emails form various incoming mailboxes (info@, support@, name@, etc), it would be nice to have those go to custom tabs in place of the uncustomizable “Social” and “Promotions”.
  • G Suite is lacking in any project management features. While it does have Google Keep for list making, that is incredibly limited and doesn’t allow for due dates to be set for tasks.
G Suite is great for internal organization within a company of any kind. It has features to help keep basic documents organized and up to date but is not complex enough with features to take the place of a CRM, any marketing software, manage work flows or project management. It is, to put it simply, a great cloud storage tool with really helpful add ons, but is not intended to be used for much more than that.
March 02, 2019

User Review: "Some Brief Information about G Suite"

Our usage of G Suite started with Google Apps. We simply needed an e-mail service for our domain name. Our decision was to use one of the cloud services. Google Apps was free at that time with full functionality. We witnessed the evolution of Google Apps. From the very start, we used it company-wide.
Now G Suite is used for corporate e-mail, SSO, account management (when integrated with other cloud services), collaborated work thanks to documentation applications, and the teams drive for team document sharing.
Thanks to G Suite, we have a managed environment with no server cost, up-to-date and evolving products, flexible licensing, and wide control on policies, with almost zero downtime.
  • G Suite's control on how the accounts can be used varies. Such as, if the account owner can share documents outside of the company, or if they can log in to youtube with the corporate G Suite account. There are many many security options.
  • G Suite's office applications are enough for everyday usage. It also lets you do complex operations with google script, which lets you use javascript for your macros. Also, you can create your own integrations thanks to custom macros.
  • The other applications which are part of G Suite create an environment which allows you to collaborate, share, and communicate. And they are flexible for your business needs.
  • The email application has some improvements over regular Gmail. You can set SPF and DKIM dns records to be known as a verified sender. Thus your emails won't be marked as spam by supported email servers.
  • You colleagues can use the regular clean Gmail web interface or any pop3/imap client. You can create email groups, aliases etc.
  • The hangouts replacement Chat application has some room for improvement if it's to replace your current alternative solution, such as Slack. But if you're needing such an application, it'll be enough for you.
  • The Gmail web interface needs some improvements to filter the emails for mouse users. If you use advanced keyboard shortcut keys, that won't be an issue.
G Suite is very well for your corporate email, collaborated work, communication platform, and shared drive needs, besides personal tools like keep and photos, which are also great. For further needs, you can create your own add-ons to do your daily tasks.
But if you heavily need a solution such as a share point, there need to be some heavy customizations done in G Suite. To display the email attachments without installing any other software on your PC, G Suite supports well-known file formats, but for others, you need to install add-ons. This raises data security questions.
January 17, 2019

User Review: "G Suite -- Great for Education"

My current organization just selected G Suite as our primary collaboration platform. I have 10+ years in another organization using it as well. G Suite's ease of sharing and organization of content make it ideal for educational environments. There's very little training/learning overhead for staff and students. The unlimited Drive storage is also great!
  • It is so easy to teach users how to share documents and content -- very, very intuitive.
  • The other core tools in G Suite are also easy to use and intuitive -- very little training or tool learning required. It makes it possible to focus on core educational issues rather than learning tools.
  • The G Suite products are also very reliable and predictable. The collaboration and sharing is rock-solid.
  • It would be great if Gmail were just a bit more enterprise-friendly.
  • The tools are continuously updated -- which is great -- but the interface will change and can cause change fatigue for staff.
  • Hard to come up with a third item, but if I were to nitpick, I'd say some of the tools are not quite as fully functional as their MS counterparts, but this is again not a major concern.
G Suite is a great tool for educational institutions. There are so many professional learning resources already developed that help to transform instruction. The tools are also super-easy to learn and use. The tools are robust and make collaboration and sharing for students and staff very easy. Of course, the price point makes it an easy solution to own as well.
November 28, 2018

Review: "G Suite is an essential part of any successful organization!"

We use G Suite across the entire organization. We utilize Gmail, Calendar, Drive (Docs, Sheets, Slides) and Meet. It allows us to collaborate as teams and have easy access to the information we need for our organization to be successful. Some of our users use Outlook for email and calendaring but find the use seamless to their prior experiences. Gmail allows to have powerful searching tools to find the emails and communication we need. Sheets allow us to collaborate in realtime on data and even sometimes eliminates all need to screen share. We love using G Suite!
  • Searchable storage of information
  • Collaboration tools that allow realtime editing and updating of sheets, documents, slides
  • Gmail integrates with so many other tools and allows us to leverage email beyond simple messaging
  • Shared calendars help our team stay in sync with both personal, business, and group meetings.
  • This is really hard to think of something. Possibly a "Get things done" type plugin that is native to Gmail
  • Calendars could be updated from the pop-up rather than having to edit
  • Can't think of anything else
Great for any user that wants to have a constantly backed up suite of productivity tools and wants to be able to share and collaborate with those tools. Can be difficult to transition people that are used to outlook and filing things away in folders. However when they make the switch they will never go back!
November 28, 2018

G Suite Review: "So much more than email!"

We use G Suite company wide for the bulk of our internal and external communications. It's so much more than just email as you get file storage, document collaboration, calendar, the list goes on and on.
  • Document collaboration in real time is almost magic.
  • Email and calendar are both reliable and feature rich.
  • It's far easier to configure and administer than an on premise solution like Exchange.
  • Excellent documentation and responsive support staff when you need it.
  • Hangouts just isn't up to the task of being an enterprise chat solution. We use Slack instead.
  • Lack of a good desktop client is a problem for some users who are used to Outlook.
  • There are still some settings that can only be set by end users, like vacation response, that would be very helpful to have access to as an admin.
  • Structurally complex organizations (multiple child companies, acquisitions, etc.) can be challenging with G Suite. It is lacking a forest-like function.
G Suite will be an excellent fit for most organizations. Cloud-first organizations will especially appreciate G Suite and it's myriad of web tools.

G Suite might be less of a fit if an organization is already heavily invested in Exchange. Sales organizations might also find the lack of mail merge a problem.

G Suite really shines in that it can be set up easily and cheaply while still being a full featured product. A start up can be born on G Suite and never need to leave!
November 01, 2018

Review: "G Suite is pretty sweet for a growing company with collaboration needs"

G Suite is used as our email and collaboration software. It is used for our entire organization which is global and under 1000 people today. We use the G Suite apps to collaborate, develop and share documents, however, we do still leverage MS Office applications for sharing externally.

• Collaboration - there is nothing better today to collaborate and have multiple people work on a document, spreadsheet or presentation. G Suite allows multiple people to all edit the doc, track changes, comment, resolve comments, all without stepping on each other.
  • Email - most users are familiar with Gmail and G Suite is Gmail thus ensuring an easy ramp for new users. If you have Outlook resistant users you can have it connect to G Suite as an email client, but I believe its best natively.
  • Number of plug-ins for G Suite/Chrome that allows for integration and improvements (Grammerly, Seismic for sales docs, salesLoft, tracking software, etc.. all make email and other features more useful due to this community.
  • Email Groups - For example in creating groups, its a challenge to see who is in a group from email, you have to go into a separate G Suite app (groups) or expand it in the calendar app. Also, nested groups are also more complex, but this is all due to Exchange being around for so long and I expect Google to continue to accelerate the features to get to parity and beyond in this area. There are also some delays in pushing updates from some apps, which can be a little strange when you are used to instant changes with Exchange.
  • Features compared to Office - if you do advanced Spreadsheet or presentations you will find the G Suite of applications a bit lacking, but for general users its fine. However many companies that work with external vendors and customers still rely on MS Office suite for final versions.
  • Google Forms - its pretty basic compared to tools like SurveyMonkey. Very limiting, limited logic and design tools
Startup/Mid-size company with limited IT staff and the need to collaborate. Easy to buy, easy to deploy and manage. The collaborate is the best especially for fast moving companies where doc changes are constant and many authors.

G1000 company with limited collaboration, just email needs with high levels of compliance/data governance and the desire to retain their own data. Financial companies, etc.. may be challenged to use off-site email services. However I do Google knows how to scale to support these large infrastructures, but admin's may be challenged to manage these larger organizations.
December 28, 2018

G Suite Review: "A great choice for professional email and productivity"

G suite is used across the entire organization, primarily for email but also for document storage.
  • It does email well; there’s really hardly any other option.
  • Can’t say that I find any.
It’s well suited for professional email and productivity.
Kristopher Kauth profile photo
September 10, 2018

Review: "G Suite was what we were looking for, and more."

We use G Suite across the whole company. It has let us be agile with licensing and features, and made it easier for us to administer the system by being a cloud based solution. We trust that Google has more expertise and resources to build redundancy and availability into their systems, so we don't have to fumble with those things on premises.
  • It has good uptime and redundancy. Certainly better than we had when we were managing our own email server.
  • We can scale up or down in real time, and costs are pro-rated, which is important with any business that has fluctuation in it's employee base.
  • With email, document storage/sharing, and sites, it allows us to manage things in one location.
  • The fact that so many other services have built in "Sign In With Google", it makes it easier to deploy or integrate with other technologies.
  • It would be nice to have Google be the "be all, and end all" of our authentication across all systems. I know it is possible to do most things through Google Cloud Platform development, but that is beyond the capabilities of most smaller companies. IdP, LDAP, SSO, etc.
  • Better options for "network storage", to migrate off of a traditional model of having a network drive for company/team use. The higher tier of G Suite has Team Drives, which partially helps address this, but does not do it well enough to eliminate our old network drives without sufficient training of users to break habits that they have been trained to do for decades.
  • Where is the ability to "flag" emails as important/urgent? I know if someone using an email application such as Outlook flags an email and sends it to me, Gmail is able to show me that flag, but there is no way for me to actually set that flag from inside Gmail.
G Suite is great for non-profit organizations, local groups/clubs, etc, where they have been using individual email addresses and disjointed file sharing. They can get 50 users for free through G-Suite. Businesses that want ease of use and administration, seemingly limitless storage, and agility with their users and licensing would make good use of G-Suite.
Read Kristopher Kauth's full review
Garett Dunn profile photo
August 15, 2018

G Suite Review: "Increasing Collaboration with GSuite"

It's used across most groups in the organization. It allows people to collaborate on documents much more easily than having to email files around and keep up with the current version of a doc. And having the tight integration between all the apps makes it much easier to get things done.
  • Good integration between all the different apps
  • Everything is cloud-based, which makes it much easier to keep track of your files, keep them versioned, and work wherever you are. You don't need to keep an extra set of applications updated
  • Collaboration is much easier. Files in Drive (and the apps that access those files) can be shared easily and viewed and edited by multiple people in real-time
  • Much easier to keep track of files. No longer do you have to rely on emailing files back and forth, and worrying about whether everyone is looking at the same version of the file
  • Some apps have features that are missing from competing applications (Microsoft Office...). For example, the document applications lack a lot of the power-user features that Office apps have. But for 95% of the work you do it will suffice.
  • Some of the apps have weird limitations. For example, in Team Drive, you can't copy folders into it, only files. This makes it time-consuming to move files that were once in individuals' own Drives, and dumping them all into Team Drive, as you have to Manually create folders and put files into them, rather than just being able to copy a top-level folder into Team Drive. Features are consistently added over time, but some apps are missing features like this which would seem obvious to most users.
  • Getting buy-in from diehard Office fans can be hard. It's hard to convince some folks that they don’t want a local copy of every file they have on Drive (that's not synced, either), or to collaborate over docs online, or to be comfortable with the archiving functionality of Gmail (you don't have to worry about managing archive files) instead of managing GBs of Outlook archive files.
Honestly, I think G Suite is well suited for most organizations, and in most scenarios. There is some niche power-user functionality of Office apps that you won't get with G Suite, but I think most people aren't as niche as they think they are. Also, there are "cloud" ways of doing office work, and "desktop" ways of doing things. My opinion is the "cloud" way is superior in most ways and preferable for most people. But many times it just comes down to people learning the strengths of one paradigm over another.
Read Garett Dunn's full review
Mike Madsen profile photo
August 08, 2018

Review: "G Suite - A Sweet Way For A Startup to Stay Nimble Without Breaking The Bank"

G Suite is used by our entire company as the primary email and document creation software. It has taken the place of other, more expensive products like Microsoft and also allows us to break away from using Apple products which was our primary go-to before we started using the G Suite tools.
  • G Suite lets you manage your users in a robust and easy to understand fashion. Some of the tools they offer have a steeper learning curve but nothing that isn't easy to understand fairly quickly.
  • G Suite gives you fairly robust options when it comes to creating documents of all kinds. It doesn't have all the tools available in software like Microsoft suite but it's close. It is also much more universal in its capability than native Apple products.
  • G Suite allows a plethora of third party app integrations which come in handy, especially things like Draw.io and others. Very useful for creating flow charts and presentations.
  • G Suite does not always have the same functionality in it as things like Excel, however it is close. Anyone who is familiar with Excel should be able to use Google sheets with no trouble.
  • G Suite sometimes doesn't transfer things perfectly, like PDF's into document format. It could be a bit better.
  • Sometimes the differences in email addresses compared to aliases and groups wasn't as easy to comprehend when I first started using the program but things have gotten clearer over time.
G Suite is probably best suited for young, smaller organizations that need a fairly robust tool without having a premium price tag attached to it. It gives you a lot of functionality for a small price tag. I think once an organization gets to a certain size, say more than 150 users, it may begin to be a little clunky. It doesn't have any way to bulk create or bulk delete/transfer users and there is no native ability to backup email from a users account without having to go a third party.
Read Mike Madsen's full review
Gagan Kanwar profile photo
June 13, 2018

G Suite Review: "G-Suite: The suite spot for collaboration & productivity"

G Suite is used across the entire organization and across all functions. It's used for email, calendaring, word processing, spreadsheets, and presentations. The key problems it addresses are:

1) Collaboration on a Specific Document
2) Easy Document Sharing
3) Consistency across operating systems & devices
4) Ease of management for our IT administrators
  • Very strong at document collaboration - it's easy to see who's made changes, and to see edits and suggestions.
  • Easy to share documents and call-out specific people when collaborating on a document (this sends an automated email).
  • Easy to manage the solution because it's SaaS and works exactly the same across browsers, devices, and operating systems.
  • Very good security and scalability because it's running on Google infrastructure.
  • Key capabilities in Word, Sheets, etc (e.g. Pivot Tables) are intuitive and easy to use.
  • Ability to more easily create templates, and work with existing templates for Slides (i.e. creating presentations)
  • Better search capabilities in Google Drive (it doesn't seem to be able to effectively search through PDFs and other documents)
  • More presentation templates that would make it easier to develop a more compelling presentation
  • Make it easy to create a team drive from an individual drive without having to copy each item individually
G-Suite is well suited for companies that are focused on doing simple things quickly. If you need more sophisticated calculation capabilities (e.g. for accounting and finance), then it might not be as helpful. For instance, at my company, I've found that the finance and accounting teams still use Excel for creating budgets, etc.
Read Gagan Kanwar's full review
McKay Salisbury profile photo
June 08, 2018

Review: "G Suite is great, that's why it's the standard"

At Elemerce, we use G Suite for email and file storage. All our company files are easily stored and managed in shared company folders. We create almost all files as Google docs or sheets. This saves a lot of computer power and time waiting for Excel and Word to load. It also makes it so everyone has the same version of files. Obviously, we need an email and G Suite is an easy way do it in a way that everyone is already familiar.
  • G Suite makes it easy to add new users. All new users already know how to use it from the start since almost everyone uses gmail for their personal emails.
  • Google drive is great for having only one version of files. It also keeps files from being lost in long email chains. This is a huge flaw in Microsoft Office.
  • Google drive is relatively cheap. If you compare it to Microsoft Office (I think a subscription is $20-$30/month, it's not even close.
  • Google sheets have added a lot of new features lately, I just hope they continue adding better and better features to help it replace excel.
  • Sometimes you will get some trouble with load times with connectivity issues. This isn't often though.
It is great for small businesses. I feel like every small business needs G Suite, other options just won't do. I don't even know of any legit competitors. It may not be as good for large companies with larger numbers of employees or who are still stuck using Word and Excel.
Read McKay Salisbury's full review
Paul Jordan profile photo
May 28, 2018

User Review: "G Suite leads the pack!"

G Suite is being used across my whole organization, primarily being used for the email functionality The primary business problems it addresses for the company is providing a singular inbox where product updates/notifications/progress reports can be shared across the company, as well as on a department by department basis. Whenever new products get released, or new information on our product comes out, we use G Suite to make sure that information gets shared quickly to everyone who needs to know. Additionally, it serves as the central meetings tool, making it easy to find time to meet with anyone that you would need to.
  • Shared calendars in the organization make it very easy to book meetings/time with individuals.
  • Email is as good as it gets.
  • It's great to be able to set up a shared document that everyone can have access to beforehand to make sure the agenda is set for the meeting.
  • The word processor could have additional functionality/formatting tools.
  • Gmail lacks the ability to set up more detailed email filters, which could help reduce clutter in the inbox.
  • Calendar UI is not always intuitive. Have to click event, and then click edit, which brings you to a new page, in order to edit some meetings information.
If your organization is looking for an office suite of services that requires minimal setup and great value, G Suite would be a great option. However, if your organization wants to control specific aspects of the tool, it would be wise to do that research prior to getting G Suite.
Read Paul Jordan's full review
Brock Bruce profile photo
August 17, 2018

Review: "G Suite is a good tool for small business"

We use G Site for all of our company communication and workflows. We are a service company that relies on quick retrieval of information and the ability to manage multiple schedules for service coordination. Also having all of our services in the cloud allows for us to have a plan continuity at a relatively inexpensive cost.
  • Communication
  • Cloud storage
  • Built-in spell check, but there add-ons for this at an additional cost.
  • Sometimes can run slow, if you have a bad connection.
  • Overall pretty good.
G Suite has allowed us to bring all of our communication and storage under one platform. We do not even use Microsoft Office anymore, becuase all of our needs are satisfied with Googles included products such as Google Docs, Sheets, Slides, and Calendar. The product has allowed us to become more collaborative and sharing is a breeze. It has also allowed us to decrease expenses on the periodic licensing of other products by eliminating them.

The only things that have been a challenge, but we have since worked through is figuring out or remembering how to share documents so others do not have compatibility issues when trying to open docs outside of our company.
Read Brock Bruce's full review
Oscar Francisco Jimenez Colmenares profile photo
July 17, 2018

Review: "It's a Solid Platform ... G Suite is the best product"

I am currently using G Suite and applications to communicate and manage projects between my internal and external clients. I adopted the email client instead of using the C-Panel option and use Drive to collaborate on projects that need to be managed and edited live. G Suite made working on the go easy: we can now log in to the email wherever we go, as long as we have access to the Internet! Everything is right where we left off and we take advantage of greater security through Google. Two-step verification is very nice to have. The collaboration between Google Docs and Google Sheets is excellent! Several people can work on one document or spreadsheet at the same time! The chat (Hangouts) is also great: instead of sending an email, you can chat with someone and get a quick response. Google Drive also makes it easy to share files! And if you make a big mistake in a document, you can go back to an earlier version with that tool as well.
  • The email client is incredibly thorough. Users can configure aliases, organize stored responses and create folders for continuous communications both internally and externally. Google Drive offers users the opportunity to create and share project documents, private links and presentations, all with the click of a button.
  • It just works. The G Suite email is one of the best investment you can do for your company. You don't have to deal with spam emails anymore and you can get rid of the "Promotions" tab as well.
  • Greater communication / faster, better collaboration and access to everything while traveling are huge advantages. G Suite continues to provide the market leading experience for teams working on common documents and eliminating problems with document version control. Cloud applications allow on-the-go work anywhere, dedicated and intuitive mobile applications and good security options for administration.
  • In a perfect world of project management, it would be great to see G Suite adopt some of the best practices for Drive. Possibly a Wiki with insight and detail that shows uniformity for a variety of projects.
  • I would also like to see Google for Education added as an add-on option for Suite users, which would save tons of time and money in operations so that those of us can consult and educate. If I had to choose, I would say a folder option for separate email accounts.
  • Creating a folder option (similar to the Gmail personal folder line) would dramatically help organize communication for different brands. I would also like to see them adopt a "timer" that helps users see how much time has gone by working on a particular project. What would be incredible!
The lack of functionality in sheets and documents compared to the Microsoft office. There is something to be said about desktop applications instead of running everything through a browser. Unlike other products, G Suite simply works. G Suite email is one of the best investments you can make for your company. You no longer have to deal with unwanted emails and you can also get rid of the "Promotions" tab.
Read Oscar Francisco Jimenez Colmenares's full review

About G Suite

Google's G Suite is a productivity suite for business that includes, Gmail, Docs, Drive, and Calendar for Business.