G Suite Reviews

TrustRadius Top Rated for 2019

Kristopher Kauth profile photo
We use G Suite across the whole company. It has let us be agile with licensing and features, and made it easier for us to administer the system by being a cloud based solution. We trust that Google has more expertise and resources to build redundancy and availability into their systems, so we don't have to fumble with those things on premises.
  • It has good uptime and redundancy. Certainly better than we had when we were managing our own email server.
  • We can scale up or down in real time, and costs are pro-rated, which is important with any business that has fluctuation in it's employee base.
  • With email, document storage/sharing, and sites, it allows us to manage things in one location.
  • The fact that so many other services have built in "Sign In With Google", it makes it easier to deploy or integrate with other technologies.
  • It would be nice to have Google be the "be all, and end all" of our authentication across all systems. I know it is possible to do most things through Google Cloud Platform development, but that is beyond the capabilities of most smaller companies. IdP, LDAP, SSO, etc.
  • Better options for "network storage", to migrate off of a traditional model of having a network drive for company/team use. The higher tier of G Suite has Team Drives, which partially helps address this, but does not do it well enough to eliminate our old network drives without sufficient training of users to break habits that they have been trained to do for decades.
  • Where is the ability to "flag" emails as important/urgent? I know if someone using an email application such as Outlook flags an email and sends it to me, Gmail is able to show me that flag, but there is no way for me to actually set that flag from inside Gmail.
G Suite is great for non-profit organizations, local groups/clubs, etc, where they have been using individual email addresses and disjointed file sharing. They can get 50 users for free through G-Suite. Businesses that want ease of use and administration, seemingly limitless storage, and agility with their users and licensing would make good use of G-Suite.
Read Kristopher Kauth's full review
Will Manuel profile photo
We use G Suite for nearly everything in our business. We use Sheets for tracking time and quick proposals and docs for our longer proposals and official outbound communication. We highly utilize Gmail as our official email service provider and G Drive to store all of our important files and documents.
  • Fast "cloud services provider" for all of their major tools.
  • Seamless integration between tools.
  • Always up to date and bugs are minimal.
  • I've had some issues with Gmail loading/sending messages in the past but it has been minimal and intermittent.
  • It would be great if they had a simple graphic editing tool.
  • They should carry over the voice to text tool form G Docs into all their applications, especially Gmail.
I have used G Docs most recently to quickly dictate responses to reporters for media coverage. This has saved me countless hours and has allowed me to be featured in such places as Reader's Digest and Business Insider. Without this tool, I simply would not have taken the time to go through the correspondence back with a reporter and I would not have gotten the press I've gotten the past 3-4 months.
Read Will Manuel's full review
Jillyn Dillon profile photo
I've been using GSuite since it was a free service. It used to be pretty much identical to free GMail accounts, but over the years, Google has added a lot of features and upgrades. GSuite is an excellent replacement for Exchange email services. It's easier to manage and set up, and in many cases, it's less expensive too. It also has many more integrations that Exchange generally offers, though that's improving.
  • Email, obviously.
  • Online video chat.
  • Document creation and sharing, even co-editing.
  • Online cloud storage for files, documents, etc.
  • Google Identity, which allows you to use your GSuite ID to log into all kinds of things online with good security and minimal password management.
  • Online surveys and forms.
  • Calendar and meetings.
  • Integrations.
  • The support is mediocre.
  • It can be confusing if you need to change something — upgrade, etc.
I recommend GSuite to clients all the time. It's a great email solution for most businesses, because it provides excellent stability and receivability, along with a bunch of additional services you don't typically find in a single package. It also integrates with pretty much everything out there that does integrations — CRMs, scheduling tools, Slack... Got a space-age microwave? It probably connects to GSuite. Just kidding. But seriously, the GSuite API is great, and nearly every SAAS developer out there integrates with it.
Read Jillyn Dillon's full review
Ed Hart profile photo
We utilize G-Suite across our company for email, documents and file storage. We are entirely cloud-based and with G-Suite, we don't have to manage any file servers or complex LAN configuration. It's pretty much an all-in-one office document and email solution for us.
  • Fully integrated solution for us with email, documents & file storage.
  • Everything is backed up instantly & sharing/collaborating is really easy.
  • Pretty much maintenance free. Allows us to operate virtually with no IT staff.
  • G-Suite is a very economical solution for the company compared to having desktop applications and the necessary infrastructure to support.
  • I can really easily manage all of the users of the G-Suite applications & don't have to be particularly technical.
  • We run into some limitations around document formatting (both Docs & Sheets)
  • Maintaining some consistency around the Drive file structure & organization when sharing is difficult
  • Cleanup of old and outdated docs can be hard to do.
I can't imagine doing a startup or lean growth organization without G-Suite after having been using the platform for a few years. Having formerly dealt with desktop applications and the infrastructure required to manage them, G-Suite is like a breath of fresh air. For smaller organizations that need to be lean, nimble and fast-paced, I think G-Suite is a perfect solution for email, document management & file storage. I can see where larger, more complex organizations with a lot of security and user roles would struggle a little, but for the small to medium-sized business, I think G-Suite is the way to go.
Read Ed Hart's full review
Eric Omondi profile photo
For me, G suite is a lot of things—reliable, accessible, feature-packed, and user-friendly. I've been using it for years and I can comfortably say that it doesn't disappoint. Now, I know that it's still a few features shy of being as good as the Microsoft Office suite, but it does have its fair share of perks and added features. So, in a nutshell, I use G Suite because it offers me the kind of accessibility I need to effectively and efficiently complete most of my office tasks. That's because I can use it to edit Word documents, Slide presentations, or even manage Spreadsheets. The best part is that I get to enjoy all its perks and features at absolutely no cost. Not to mention, the 15GB free cloud storage that comes with each Google account. That means that I can store all my files online where I can access them whenever I want and from any place or device. Amazing, right? Well, it gets even better. G Suite applications allow for easy collaboration. That means that I can share, edit, view, and have access to files together with my colleagues.
  • It's FREE to use.
  • It makes it easy for users to share and collaborate on their documents with others.
  • Has a great user interface that's easy and fun to use.
  • G Suite can be accessible at any time or place and from any device as long as the user has an internet connection.
  • You can use it without an internet connection.
  • Also, you won't get as many programs as you get with Microsoft Office (Access, Publisher, Project, and so on)
If you're always away from the office or have a lot of document-work that needs team collaboration, G Suite offers you the right tools and features to get the job done. With it, you don't have to worry about access to your documents regardless of where you are, what time it is, and which device you're using.
Read Eric Omondi's full review
Juan Esteban Camacho Rodriguez profile photo
The G Suite platform works across the whole company. Is the default service for Mailing, Documentation and even internal messaging. G Suite allows to share heavy file trough Drive and work in co-op mode with Docs, Slides, and Sheets. The infrastructure behind G suite to share files within Meet app for Videoconference build a solid workflow. G Suite is strongly suited for teams.
  • Fluid and well-integrated tools for teamwork. Shared files and co-op editing works just perfect.
  • Gmail integration with drive allows us to have any file at hand.
  • Cloud power + teamwork is the best tool for a Company. It makes everything easy and quick to use
  • The User interface could be improved more. Sometimes is not that intuitve.
  • The view configuration of Drive have always been hard to read. Locating a file isn't difficult but could be more visual-friendly
  • The Chat app could add the Group chat feature for teams.
G Suite is well suited for Team work. G Suite works alongside your personal Google Account. It can be integrated into your everyday lifestyle without feeling like a work tool. However, some features like Group Chat in the Chat app and a better visual-friendly interface in drive could improve the workflow available for employees.
Read Juan Esteban Camacho Rodriguez's full review
JaCoby Marston, CPA profile photo
G Suite is being used by every single employee at our company. I have to say that my life is so much easier because of G Suite. There are so many great functions about G Suite. I love that G Suite is entirely in the cloud. I love that all of the apps can be accessed anywhere in the world as long as you have an internet connection and your Google login information. G Suite allows you to store, work, and share your files with your co-workers with ease. I use G Suite every day and it has saved me a bunch of time. By being able to have all our files and all work done in the cloud, employees do not need to worry about their work being lost nor does the company need to worry about not being able to get those files when the employee leaves the company.
  • All functions of G Suite is in the cloud. No more worrying about losing files.
  • The ability to share with coworkers with ease.
  • Can access G Suite anywhere in the whole that has internet connection.
  • I do not care for the improvements made to the G Suite Calendar. They cause me to spend more time than necessary.
  • It would be nice to be able to access the files offline similar to Microsoft Products.
  • I wish the G Suite apps for smartphones were easier to use. I struggle with being able to have the same functions as a computer does for the G Suite apps.
G Suite is a huge time saver for any business and G Suite's pricing is fair and they only charge based on the number of users, which is really cool. G Suite makes my life so much better and easier. I am glad my company uses G Suite because I do not have to worry about the projects getting lost since they are autosaved to G Suite's cloud.
Read JaCoby Marston, CPA's full review
Megan Ronecker profile photo
I'm a freelance graphic designer and I use G Suite for my email, and to create documents for myself as well as to send to clients. I like that I can send it to anyone and not worry about them needing specific software to read it. I also like that I can pull up my documents anywhere with Internet access. It's not just tied to my computer. Additionally, it keeps all my files in one place.
  • Anyone can open the documents regardless of computer software. You don't have to worry if they have Microsoft Word or Mac's Pages.
  • Easy to send and receive to and from clients. I can create spreadsheets and docs and easily save or send what I need to. I also love that I can see what others do to edit my document.
  • Access anywhere you have Internet access. They are automatically saved to your Drive so you don't have to worry about losing files or not having access to specific ones when you need it.
  • Gmail is so easy to use, looks clean and professional, and it's easy to find old emails that I wanted to refer back to.
  • Google Docs is great if you just need a simple document, but doing anything more than that, such as making it a little prettier by adding a design or imagery, is very limited. Of course, you can add pictures, but not in the capacity you can in Word or Pages. I've tried to create templates for clients in Google Doc and it just doesn't work. I wish it did, as it's a great universal software.
  • I wish that you could use your computer's own fonts for Google Docs and Sheets. You're stuck with the Google fonts and, while they have many to choose from, I would prefer to use the fonts that I always use in my branding.
  • I wish there was a way to create your own "tabs" in the Gmail filter when you configure your Inbox. While their algorithm is very smart, knowing what emails are promotional and which are from friends, there are certain ones I'd love to have grouped together in other categories.
I think businesses that need a professional email address would benefit from G Suite. I love the Gmail email platform, and from there found how valuable Google Docs/Sheets/Slides are. I think it would be even more useful for a business that had multiple employees to be able to stay up to date on documents together.
Read Megan Ronecker's full review
Oral Tosun profile photo
G Suite provides an online presence for a company. I have been using G Suite since I started my online business. Google has different services related to business. Using your own company name in these app services ensures searchability. It provides a reputation with my customers. G Suite provides more storage area on the cloud.
  • Customized business name on Google applications. This feature is related to my company reputation.
  • Larger data storage area for your business provides flexibility when running your business.
  • Using your company name on G Suite's email extension means presentability.
  • The storage area provided by G Suite could be larger than what they offer now. It would be good to have 100 GB storage area for my business since my job turns around mostly large digital files.
  • There are no huge differences between the standard Google usage and the G Suite for my business. It would be better to see much lower prices on G Suite.
G Suite is a must-have application for those who run a business. If you want to see your company name on the internet in a reputable way then you definitely should try G Suite. G Suite and its application ecosystem would help your business track your customers' data, send branded invoices, set up online meetings, keep your business calendar up to date, etc.
Read Oral Tosun's full review
We use G Suite internally as well as implement it for other organizations. We also use and implement the main competitor, Office 365.
  • G Suite was built from the ground up as a web service and works extremely reliably. Office 365 was patched together from a legacy application and frequently breaks during weird processes.
  • G Suite is far more intuitive and easy to manage vs. Office 365.
  • Support for G Suite is far better than the alternatives.
  • While the Google productivity apps (Docs, Sheets, etc.) are good, the native desktop apps from Microsoft are still more powerful in some aspects (though not others, such as collaboration and revision history)
  • Gmail is a far better option than Outlook (having used both extensively), but many legacy users can't be convinced of this and insist on Outlook. This isn't a big deal, but the Outlook connector hasn't always had top priority for updates and support from Google, though this has improved some.
G Suite is by far the best option both in terms of user experience as well as for management. We frequently deal with headaches from our clients who chose 365 and end up with endless problems.
We standardized on G Suite as our "collaboration" tool years ago. However, for us, it is far more than just a "collaboration tool." Yes, we use it for Google Drive/Docs/Sheets and Gmail, but we also have used it extensively for Identity Management. We expect all tools we use to fully integrate with G Suite for authentication. It has led to a more secure but also user-friendly environment.
  • Email.
  • Access to files anywhere.
  • Identity Management.
  • Direct customer service (account reps).
  • Messaging.
  • Departmental file sharing.
Most importantly G Suite is affordable compared to its competitors. It is also incredibly solid with email. We do not have problems with viruses and phishing that many of our peers have that are on other products.

I wish TeamDrives were better. One of our departments was an early adopter and unfortunately even today TeamDrives still disappoints for group/departmental file sharing.
In education at the high school level, we use G Suite pretty extensively (although we incorporate a variety of other tools as well) inside the 1:1 classroom. G Suite Apps have opened the door to more seamless technology integration in our district while also increasing teacher feedback, collaboration, and productivity. Our students use G Suite for a variety of things, especially when group collaboration is at the helm including lab reports, presentations, data analysis, etc. Our teachers use Google for most of their practices now, including ways to make their content more interactive and engaging such as digital playlists with Google Sites. This has made our teachers more productive while also removing the need for physical paper.
  • Simple navigation of tools
  • Single sign-in
  • Managed account administration
  • Open live collaboration
  • Auto save
  • Embeds and links with other programs/apps
  • Advanced customization in google sites.
  • Google keep the background color. The white on white gets lost.
  • Something to help with drive organization/cleaning.
G Suite is great for pretty much all tasks. I use Google daily for everything docs, notes, and a variety of other tools. These features have been a game changer in education. The best being the digital file cabinet called Google Drive where a student can manage themselves digitally and collaborate with live updating. This along with your primary email and calendar make Google conducive to education.
Our usage of G Suite started with Google Apps. We simply needed an e-mail service for our domain name. Our decision was to use one of the cloud services. Google Apps was free at that time with full functionality. We witnessed the evolution of Google Apps. From the very start, we used it company-wide.
Now G Suite is used for corporate e-mail, SSO, account management (when integrated with other cloud services), collaborated work thanks to documentation applications, and the teams drive for team document sharing.
Thanks to G Suite, we have a managed environment with no server cost, up-to-date and evolving products, flexible licensing, and wide control on policies, with almost zero downtime.
  • G Suite's control on how the accounts can be used varies. Such as, if the account owner can share documents outside of the company, or if they can log in to youtube with the corporate G Suite account. There are many many security options.
  • G Suite's office applications are enough for everyday usage. It also lets you do complex operations with google script, which lets you use javascript for your macros. Also, you can create your own integrations thanks to custom macros.
  • The other applications which are part of G Suite create an environment which allows you to collaborate, share, and communicate. And they are flexible for your business needs.
  • The email application has some improvements over regular Gmail. You can set SPF and DKIM dns records to be known as a verified sender. Thus your emails won't be marked as spam by supported email servers.
  • You colleagues can use the regular clean Gmail web interface or any pop3/imap client. You can create email groups, aliases etc.
  • The hangouts replacement Chat application has some room for improvement if it's to replace your current alternative solution, such as Slack. But if you're needing such an application, it'll be enough for you.
  • The Gmail web interface needs some improvements to filter the emails for mouse users. If you use advanced keyboard shortcut keys, that won't be an issue.
G Suite is very well for your corporate email, collaborated work, communication platform, and shared drive needs, besides personal tools like keep and photos, which are also great. For further needs, you can create your own add-ons to do your daily tasks.
But if you heavily need a solution such as a share point, there need to be some heavy customizations done in G Suite. To display the email attachments without installing any other software on your PC, G Suite supports well-known file formats, but for others, you need to install add-ons. This raises data security questions.
My current organization just selected G Suite as our primary collaboration platform. I have 10+ years in another organization using it as well. G Suite's ease of sharing and organization of content make it ideal for educational environments. There's very little training/learning overhead for staff and students. The unlimited Drive storage is also great!
  • It is so easy to teach users how to share documents and content -- very, very intuitive.
  • The other core tools in G Suite are also easy to use and intuitive -- very little training or tool learning required. It makes it possible to focus on core educational issues rather than learning tools.
  • The G Suite products are also very reliable and predictable. The collaboration and sharing is rock-solid.
  • It would be great if Gmail were just a bit more enterprise-friendly.
  • The tools are continuously updated -- which is great -- but the interface will change and can cause change fatigue for staff.
  • Hard to come up with a third item, but if I were to nitpick, I'd say some of the tools are not quite as fully functional as their MS counterparts, but this is again not a major concern.
G Suite is a great tool for educational institutions. There are so many professional learning resources already developed that help to transform instruction. The tools are also super-easy to learn and use. The tools are robust and make collaboration and sharing for students and staff very easy. Of course, the price point makes it an easy solution to own as well.
April 03, 2019

G Suite is SWEET

Google has been one of those tools I use for all sorts of things, from email to calendar, to Google Drive. There are just so many tools to use that benefit a variety of uses. Google Drive has helped me keep pictures and allowed for digital filing when needed.
  • How easy it is to use the calendar to schedule events and invite others to meetings.
  • Adding and sharing files in Google Drive.
  • All around simple ease of use.
  • More elaborate features in Google Sheets.
  • I love using Grammarly. If Google could do something similar that would be great.
G Suite works really well for businesses looking for a free or inexpensive office program similar to Microsoft. Google works out really well as it is easy to use and you can link your google account to so many other tools. They also have tools and apps for all sorts of tasks including presentations, surveys, documents, task lists, calendars, spreadsheets, and reminders.
I generally use Gmail, Docs, Drive, and Calendar apps. It's very easy to run my whole business from there, especially syncing appointments and sending larger files to my clients. I use Docs to track my business activities and ad spend. Gmail, of course, gives me a clean interface to work out of, and I can add Streak CRM for Gmail and FullContact for lead tracking, networking, and a smoother workflow.
  • For Google Drive: Very easy to sync all my files into the cloud and send them to my clients.
  • For Gmail: It's the robust, clean interface that I love the most. It's so easy to use and has been my favorite email application of all time.
  • For Google Calendar: It's no fuss and I'm able to set up appointments and block times easily.
  • I wish Google would help new users understand all the features better. I feel like I'm only using half of what's available to me.
I think G Suite is suited in almost all situations. I can't think of where it wouldn't be useful.
G suite is used across the entire organization, primarily for email but also for document storage.
  • It does email well; there’s really hardly any other option.
  • Can’t say that I find any.
It’s well suited for professional email and productivity.
Garett Dunn profile photo
It's used across most groups in the organization. It allows people to collaborate on documents much more easily than having to email files around and keep up with the current version of a doc. And having the tight integration between all the apps makes it much easier to get things done.
  • Good integration between all the different apps
  • Everything is cloud-based, which makes it much easier to keep track of your files, keep them versioned, and work wherever you are. You don't need to keep an extra set of applications updated
  • Collaboration is much easier. Files in Drive (and the apps that access those files) can be shared easily and viewed and edited by multiple people in real-time
  • Much easier to keep track of files. No longer do you have to rely on emailing files back and forth, and worrying about whether everyone is looking at the same version of the file
  • Some apps have features that are missing from competing applications (Microsoft Office...). For example, the document applications lack a lot of the power-user features that Office apps have. But for 95% of the work you do it will suffice.
  • Some of the apps have weird limitations. For example, in Team Drive, you can't copy folders into it, only files. This makes it time-consuming to move files that were once in individuals' own Drives, and dumping them all into Team Drive, as you have to Manually create folders and put files into them, rather than just being able to copy a top-level folder into Team Drive. Features are consistently added over time, but some apps are missing features like this which would seem obvious to most users.
  • Getting buy-in from diehard Office fans can be hard. It's hard to convince some folks that they don’t want a local copy of every file they have on Drive (that's not synced, either), or to collaborate over docs online, or to be comfortable with the archiving functionality of Gmail (you don't have to worry about managing archive files) instead of managing GBs of Outlook archive files.
Honestly, I think G Suite is well suited for most organizations, and in most scenarios. There is some niche power-user functionality of Office apps that you won't get with G Suite, but I think most people aren't as niche as they think they are. Also, there are "cloud" ways of doing office work, and "desktop" ways of doing things. My opinion is the "cloud" way is superior in most ways and preferable for most people. But many times it just comes down to people learning the strengths of one paradigm over another.
Read Garett Dunn's full review
Mike Madsen profile photo
G Suite is used by our entire company as the primary email and document creation software. It has taken the place of other, more expensive products like Microsoft and also allows us to break away from using Apple products which was our primary go-to before we started using the G Suite tools.
  • G Suite lets you manage your users in a robust and easy to understand fashion. Some of the tools they offer have a steeper learning curve but nothing that isn't easy to understand fairly quickly.
  • G Suite gives you fairly robust options when it comes to creating documents of all kinds. It doesn't have all the tools available in software like Microsoft suite but it's close. It is also much more universal in its capability than native Apple products.
  • G Suite allows a plethora of third party app integrations which come in handy, especially things like Draw.io and others. Very useful for creating flow charts and presentations.
  • G Suite does not always have the same functionality in it as things like Excel, however it is close. Anyone who is familiar with Excel should be able to use Google sheets with no trouble.
  • G Suite sometimes doesn't transfer things perfectly, like PDF's into document format. It could be a bit better.
  • Sometimes the differences in email addresses compared to aliases and groups wasn't as easy to comprehend when I first started using the program but things have gotten clearer over time.
G Suite is probably best suited for young, smaller organizations that need a fairly robust tool without having a premium price tag attached to it. It gives you a lot of functionality for a small price tag. I think once an organization gets to a certain size, say more than 150 users, it may begin to be a little clunky. It doesn't have any way to bulk create or bulk delete/transfer users and there is no native ability to backup email from a users account without having to go a third party.
Read Mike Madsen's full review
Stephen Groat profile photo
G Suite is deployed as the defacto communication and collaboration tools for the company. It handles email & other communication (such as video & chat), calendaring, productivity tools such as word processing, presentations and spreadsheets, and file storage. G Suite provides all of these services in a single package.
  • Tightly integrated interfaces and services that allow a single authentication point for all services with strong multi-factor authentication
  • Strong uptime and reliability
  • Services can frequently change user interfaces with little notice, few roll back options. Forced upgrades
  • Data is hard to export from the system, migrations to other SaaS email, calendaring, & productivity software providers are difficult & complicated
  • Phone support provided under higher tier contracts is OK, not always helpful, can't completely replace helpdesk
Great for new and starting business, especially those with employees already familiar with the G Suite (the help desk savings alone can be worth it). Not as good for legacy businesses with large compliance overheads that already have functioning, onsite, legacy systems. The migration and downtime associated can often be expensive.
Read Stephen Groat's full review
Cameron Aubernon profile photo
I use G Suite mainly for its Gmail service. When I bought my URL from Google Domains, I also wanted an email address to go along with it to present myself as a professional (something driven home to me in my early days as an independent fashion blogger). Having my own email served by G Suite makes everything worthwhile.
  • G Suite offers to its business-minded customers the best apps Google has made.
  • Billing is a breeze, and low-cost, to boot.
  • If you've ever used any Google product, G Suite doesn't change the experience gained from using Google's free apps.
  • A true month-to-month service would be wonderful for those who don't want to be locked in to paying $50/year.
  • Better ways to implement a company logo so it looks as natural as Google's own on a given app is a must.
  • Quicker access to the billing and payments side of G Suite would make everything worthwhile.
If your business is all-in on Google, and if your employees are, as well, G Suite is the only service you need. If your business needs tools from Microsoft or other vendors, and/or you and/or your employees don't feel good around Google products for any number of reasons (privacy, knowledge of the apps, etc.), G Suite may be a bridge too far.
Read Cameron Aubernon's full review
William Reese profile photo
G Suite is used across our entire company of nearly 80 users, though different users use different aspects of G Suite. But we all use Gmail and Google Drive storage. We generally limit the use of G Suite for internal use for things like Docs, Sheets, and Slides for collaborative purposes.
  • Easy to share and collaborate on files.
  • Sufficient storage per user on Google Drive.
  • Easy to convert to or from Microsoft file formats.
  • Sheets should include more formulas that are similar to the Excel formulas.
  • Google should figure out a way to prevent companies from blocking docs.google.com. Or at least promote that is a trustworthy source of file sharing.
  • Provide more detailed print functionality other than just size and orientation.
As described previously G Suite is well suited for use among the internal users in a company. It is perfect for sharing and collaborating on draft docs, sheets, slides. It is easy then to Download As Word, Excel or PowerPoint for external use. External use is the main sticking point. Many companies block docs.google.com from their employees so that sharing/collaborating across companies is a problem.
Read William Reese's full review
Gagan Kanwar profile photo
G Suite is used across the entire organization and across all functions. It's used for email, calendaring, word processing, spreadsheets, and presentations. The key problems it addresses are:

1) Collaboration on a Specific Document
2) Easy Document Sharing
3) Consistency across operating systems & devices
4) Ease of management for our IT administrators
  • Very strong at document collaboration - it's easy to see who's made changes, and to see edits and suggestions.
  • Easy to share documents and call-out specific people when collaborating on a document (this sends an automated email).
  • Easy to manage the solution because it's SaaS and works exactly the same across browsers, devices, and operating systems.
  • Very good security and scalability because it's running on Google infrastructure.
  • Key capabilities in Word, Sheets, etc (e.g. Pivot Tables) are intuitive and easy to use.
  • Ability to more easily create templates, and work with existing templates for Slides (i.e. creating presentations)
  • Better search capabilities in Google Drive (it doesn't seem to be able to effectively search through PDFs and other documents)
  • More presentation templates that would make it easier to develop a more compelling presentation
  • Make it easy to create a team drive from an individual drive without having to copy each item individually
G-Suite is well suited for companies that are focused on doing simple things quickly. If you need more sophisticated calculation capabilities (e.g. for accounting and finance), then it might not be as helpful. For instance, at my company, I've found that the finance and accounting teams still use Excel for creating budgets, etc.
Read Gagan Kanwar's full review
McKay Salisbury profile photo
At Elemerce, we use G Suite for email and file storage. All our company files are easily stored and managed in shared company folders. We create almost all files as Google docs or sheets. This saves a lot of computer power and time waiting for Excel and Word to load. It also makes it so everyone has the same version of files. Obviously, we need an email and G Suite is an easy way do it in a way that everyone is already familiar.
  • G Suite makes it easy to add new users. All new users already know how to use it from the start since almost everyone uses gmail for their personal emails.
  • Google drive is great for having only one version of files. It also keeps files from being lost in long email chains. This is a huge flaw in Microsoft Office.
  • Google drive is relatively cheap. If you compare it to Microsoft Office (I think a subscription is $20-$30/month, it's not even close.
  • Google sheets have added a lot of new features lately, I just hope they continue adding better and better features to help it replace excel.
  • Sometimes you will get some trouble with load times with connectivity issues. This isn't often though.
It is great for small businesses. I feel like every small business needs G Suite, other options just won't do. I don't even know of any legit competitors. It may not be as good for large companies with larger numbers of employees or who are still stuck using Word and Excel.
Read McKay Salisbury's full review
Nick Dorogavtsev profile photo
G Suite is the center of our business. Everything is going through G Suite. It is used by the whole organization. When a new employee gets on board, the G Suite Account and training is the first thing that they receive, before anything else.

- All our company manuals and policies and procedures are in Google Sites. Employees can find anything that they need there with easy search and they get access only to the right parts of the policies and procedures, not all company documentation (sales see sales manuals, operations see only operations).
- All attachments in the emails are OCRed and searchable in fractions of a second. That was the best thing we have ever done. So if we have a photo or a receipt we can easily find it with few words.
- Delegated inboxes are collaborative space for the whole team, where we can see who replied to what and when. No double up.
- Central space for all our logins, we can log in via G Suite.
- Calendars are shared and we are getting access to availability for the team with a click of a button.
- The drive is brilliant and no need to spend hundreds of dollars on DropBoxes, it does it all and it is included.

• True cloud product, built for the new generation of businesses. No outdated software to install. Everything as up to date at any point in time.
  • Any of our employees can open a new computer and be fully operational in seconds with full access to everything in exactly the same places as it was. With MS it was hours and hours of IT installing all the software.
  • The true collaboration tools. Working on documents simultaneously. No version issues.
  • Delegated Collaborative Inboxes are brilliant. 15 people working on one inbox efficiently and without overlapping.
  • Incremental Backups of data are easy.
  • We have 10 different other systems integrated with G Suite. The ecosystem is brilliant.
  • Google Hangouts is the weakest point of G Suite. It is built by programmers for robots, not for people. We are using Hangouts because it is inbuilt, not because we like it. It is not very reliable, so if we need to set an important online meeting, we use Zoom.
  • Google Sheets needs some work to catch up to Excel. However, it provides with everything that we need and we use spreadsheets a lot.
  • Gmail really need the ability to forward multiple messages at the same time. Select 10 and forward the... We have been asking for is for years. This is the only feature that makes me miss Outlook.
Suited for businesses that are growing. It allows effortless scaling up. If you are a small business that is growing into a huge corporation, G Suite is perfect for you.

If you want all your data to be gone if your computer goes kaput and you want it stored onsite, then G Suite is not for you.
Read Nick Dorogavtsev's full review

About G Suite

Google's G Suite is a productivity suite for business that includes, Gmail, Docs, Drive, and Calendar for Business.