Reviews (1-25 of 82)
- We wanted a "one stop shop" provider that can provide all CCC features needed in one solution with minimum of "add-ons'.
- We needed a solution that could integrate with multiple telephony environments & separation of contact center and telephony investments and roll-outs.
- Partnership with Microsoft for UC, including joint product roadmaps and tight product integration – Hassle free upgrades.
- Recognized by trusted industry experts (Gartner, Frost & Sullivan etc.).
- Cost is a hindrance for utilizing Genesys products and services, especially for smaller sites and smaller teams.
- The tools is sofisticated and advanced, and that's great, but it would be good to have a "Basic" license with a lower cost that could be used for smaller teams with limited requirements.
- Each individual implementation can be cumbersome and requires substantial investment and dedicated resources.
- Clean administration, supervisor interfaces
- A recent aggressive push towards fully functional web client
- Another recent change to improve the help site has been incredibly helpful
- Customization. There is a real gap between what is included and manageable with the product (with intermediate exposure) and what forces detailed handler changes. Many companies include conversion programs that make some of this easier.
- Sample configurations (templates) that could be explored and easily implemented as potential add-on/solutions.
- A more user friendly recorder interface.
- Optional features that can be enabled
- Disaster save using different locations for the PBX servers in a WAN / LAN setup
- The solution can grow and shrink with the size of the organisation.
- The solution seemless integrates with our Latitude platform.
- Secure IVR integration.
- The integrated Analyser is not very good and to manual to tune and maintain.
- The workforce management should integrate better with the outbound dialler.
- Integration with more and different CRM systems
- More out of the box plug-ins for Workforce Management systems.
- CX Insight makes it easier to define and track KPIs and create your own modern, interactive dashboards for real-time monitoring and that makes it easier to achieve desired business outcomes.
- Modern Interface.
- Widgets-let you more easily deploy and use chat capabilities. You don’t have to write code to customize and personalize these features. Launch chat widgets on your website to enable chat conversations with just a few configuration settings and the push of a button.
- Modern Interface places a priority on building out a single, modern all-in-one interface to provide users with more flexibility and ease of use.
- External chat (customer to an agent) is currently poor, with very basic and limited experience. The internal chat is much more feature-rich but is only used between system users.
- Supervisor and administrator interfaces are not as well designed as the agent experience. Simple and common tasks are often inconvenient, or difficult to find.
Hands down, the ease of training new agents and getting them up and running is my number one. Also, I have transitioned from 3 separate systems for outbound, email/chat and IVR and now all of my agents are in 1 system AND can communicate with each other! We have a much more customer-centric experience for our customers with better flow and getting them to the person who can help them the most without asking them to call a different number. We are also able to house all supporting documents within the software, so we have cleared cubicles (which, let's be honest, are already small to begin with) of training binders, updates, FAQs, scripts and other resources. We were also able to move to USB headsets, further saving monthly land line expenses as well as improving sound quality for both the agents and our customers. Ease of scalability is one of the reasons we went with PrueConnect as we were maxing out and having a difficult time going up/down in seats. PrueConnect is agile, our previous option was easy to add, difficult to remove. I find the Resource Center helpful and I am able to add or change things within PrueConnect through the step-by-step directives. I also really like that there are improvements being made daily to PrueConnect (weekly release notes) and it shows the proactive stance that Genesys takes with the product and not waiting to make annual overhauls to the product.
- Call routing
- User administration
- Reports, certain pieces are segmented into particular reports and/or certain areas. You can't even piece it together in the report builder.
- Random problems that seem to have no cause, baffle you, and then fix themselves.
- Users view randomly reset
- Intelligently routes customer calls to the most experienced agents.
- Interaction Process Automation allows us to streamline business processes and manage the work.
- Call recording allows us to perform quality assurance on our agents to ensure they are handling the customer the best way possible.
- Ability to write custom handlers to extend the out-of-the-box functionality allows us to increase efficiency of handling business processes.
- None, this product does everything we need it to do and so much more!
- PureConnect is a true, flexible, all-in-one out-of-the-box solution for your contact center needs
- With this being a true all-in-one it is a reduced cost of ownership vs other platforms on the market
- PureConnect seamlessly integrates with several CRM and WFM tools out of the box unlike other platforms on the market you need custom programing to hook in to these offerings
- Whitepapers, technical documents: there can be a more robust knowledge base with clearer documentation. We have found at time of implementation we hit a wall as the document is missing some items
- More robust out of the box reporting ( which i feel is coming with some of the webinars we have seen with the new analytics
- A way to rename users, wokgroups, schedules or other items on the fly. IE once you create something you have to remove it and start again as you can not rename an object in Interaction Administrator
- PureConnect is able to have customized code built to help achieve specific requirements for company-specific needs.
- The administrative, supervisory, and user interfaces are straightforward, and can also be customized at a group or individual level.
- PureConnect has been quite stable, which is required for a call centre platform.
- There are extensive help files and documentation to aid the users, which reduces the need for support tickets.
- For members of our User Support team to be able to submit support tickets to Genesys, they are forced to complete a full week of training, including several subjects and systems that they don't even have access to as part of their role. Example: Before they can submit a ticket for "nobody is able to login", they must have completed course content for "Configuring Attendant IVR Menus", which is not related to their job. This has caused us to have only one person (Master Administrator) to be able to submit support requests, and the rest of the support team has to contact that person to submit them. Not great for a 24/7 contact centre.
- The licensing and contract details are disjointed. There is no proper/direct map from what is on the contract to what is configured in the system, and some items can only be "name user" licenses, which is quite difficult to deal with if your other items are "concurrent user" licenses.
- Requests relating to their online portals tent to take an abnormally long time to resolve, such as resetting a user password, sometimes with no success.
So we have external users of the platform handling various types of interactions and we have a portfolio of automated services running on the platform -- self services on the IVR and Bot on the Chat.
- Open - easy to integrate with other applications of the applicative landscape
- Reporting/Monitoring : capacity to make value from the information collected
- Efficient support of the new interaction channel as the social media
- Voice analytics
For this reason, it's an appropriate solution for recurrent and stable activities.
But once we speak about volatile, specific, creative solutions, we need to look to solutions like Twilio.
- All subsystems integrated in one server. Less server deployments.
- Easily customizable using Handlers.
- Organized Technical Support and proper escalation process.
- Lack of social media integration to PureConnect.
- Lack of Omnichannel enhancement.
- Lack of automation, AI bot, AI voice bot.
- The reliability of PureConnect is fantastic with the redundant servers pairs.
- The system is very flexible, there are very few business work flows that I cannot accommodate with native functionality.
- The integration with Salesforce is a must around our company and PureConnect has a very clean product to connect to Salesforce.
- They are still in the process of migrating the supervisor and admin tools to an online environment. It is a bit cumbersome to support my supervisors connecting to a remote desktop to get what they need.
- Support is at times slow to respond on more difficult cases.
- Reporting tools are also still not in an online environment and the reporting tool they currently have is pretty limited in the quantity of data that can be pulled in one report.
There have been a few teams that balked at the license cost and sacrificed the features they had been after.
- Extensive ability to customize the solution and integrate it with other platforms
- Stable platform with regular releases and patches
- One of the most powerful contact center platforms in the industry
- Ability to perform intrusive testing and debugging to troubleshoot issues
- PureConnect has (for the last few years) suffered for lack of focus due to the emphasis placed on PureCloud and other cloud initiatives
- WebRTC has not yet been added to the solution
- The PureConnect architecture is dated and needs to be updated
- Multi-modal interactions that can smoothly flow from one media type to another but are viewed as a seamless single conversation
- New call flow interface to replace Attendant that would make handlers obsolete but still allow for custom subroutines and custom event handlers
- Completion of webification initiatives for feature parity with the web client, supervisor, and administrative applications
- Fully baked enterprise feature set
- Call routing is easy to build and use and delivers really well to keep call waits under control while still delivering the calls to the right people.
- The IPA add-on has been great for us to manage our off the phone administration tasks. We have noticed an increase in productivity and resolution times.
- Support is great for this product and the knowledge base is really comprehensive. Makes solving issues yourself really easy and if you cant support is always quick to respond.
- The IVR build has been hard for the rest of the business to follow. If they don't have a technical background they find the interface hard to follow and use.
- Upgrade waiting times are too long and always getting pushed back. A better way to handle these would be good.
Due to the fact that this platform is delivered out of our European Data centre for many locations in Europe, it helps me to manage one service to all my sites in Europe. Standardization of my infrastructure and having the opportunity to share implementations based on best-practices available for all my sites and all my users is a big benefit. Besides this fact, it helps me to get a good leverage of related infrastructure (likes telephone lines and minutes), CTi integrations with CRM-applications (like Salesforce, Oracle serviceCloud and Microsoft Dynamics as examples), and last but not least it helps me to innovate faster- and smarter. If we have realized a new innovation, it will be available for all of my sites.
- Manage all my contacts within the multi-channel arena.
- Helps me to provide 100% call center functionalities (recording; agent screen scripting; CTi-integrations; speech analytics etc).
- Get the best out of volume (smart platform to create sharp outbound minutes).
- Innovate smart, easy to deploy.
- Adapt more innovations out of the box.
- Integrating multiple channels into one solution.
- Constantly evolving the product to meet user and market demands.
- Lots of opportunity to customise the solution.
- Great focus on partnering with customers.
- Better reporting and dashboards. They are working on this.
- Better visibility on license usage
- Covers all the bases, one shop tool that can do everything.
- Strong forecasting and analysis capabilities
- Flexible product that can easily be configured to handle everything from simple to complex contact centre environments.
- Genesys refuses to directly support their own software, rather selling via a retailer (generally a telecommunications company). These retailers are supposed to add value, however all they do is add cost. They arent experts so the user has to often work out what is wrong for them before they can fix it.
- Example, the automated leave system needs several steps to set it up and get it running. I happen to have an expert in the system who knows all those steps, so when they told us "the error is on our side" we were able to tell them exactly where to go to switch on auto approvals and fix the problem.
- When we need issues resolved, the retailer doesn't want to take that to Genesys because they will have to pay for the help. Meanwhile the retailer doesn't know how to fix an issue but is charging for their services.
- Many functions are stripped back from the ultimate product because the retailer has chosen not to support them, or is yet to learn how to support them.
- Genesys happily try to sell you more add on to the packages, but don't confirm that the retail partner can actually handle that.
- Every problem we have had is been due to the retail partnership. Love the product when you get it direct from Genesys... otherwise the experience is quite simply horrible. I have now met and talked to 7 different corporate users who report the same issues.
- Ease of use.
- Minimum bugs.
- Language support.
- Outbound dialer.
- Lots of our customers are asking for Naturel WebRTC support.
- Support was much faster and better in ININ times :). When we create a ticket, we were receiving a meaningful reply in 1-2 hours. Now it is taking weeks.
- I really could not find any others!
For the customers who has few clients (agents & business users) like <30, we cannot position it since main server license is expensive. Maybe Genesys can create a new mini server license for these kind of customers.
PS: Since internet connection is not as stable as in US or Europe and some government regulations, customers do not want to use PureCloud and look for on-premises solutions like CIC.
- Real live view of all communication.
- Logging is very good.
- Reporting is really complete.
- Integration of SIP Softphone and Interaction Desktop is poor.
- Getting started with web based phone should be feasible with standard media servers, it stops us to roll out interaction connect.
- Standard reports in Business manager are subject to GDPR non-compliancy.
- Suited for flexible growing company with remote site architecture
- Less appropriate for business users only scenario
- Bring Intelligence with automation of mailing campaigns
- With the use of the dialer, we can increase the effectiveness of campaigns.
- Administrative areas, solution focused in areas of Contact Center.
- Absence of App for Android and IOS that allows the use of the corporate extension.
- The software is not compatible with Mac and Linux users, currently we have to resort to third party solutions, without guarantee of full operation.
- Advanced customization - Waiting times, queue management, call back, it's inclusive
- Customization. If you need any unusual solution for a contact center that is run differently than the norm, Genesys can get it done
- Sometimes the code pushes can be a bit disruptive
- Support is so-so. As they grow this seems to be a tough issue
- It displays another user's availability. As long as my co-workers keep their status updated, it is clear when I can contact them and when I shouldn't.
- It makes it super easy to have a conference call without disconnecting the other person in the process. The click and drag feature is my favorite thing!
- The flexibility of turning features on/off is great. I can customize my view of PureConnect for how I'm feeling that day.
- The widget that is used to move the views around is a bit tricky. Dragging a view is easy, but placing it in the widget correctly takes a few times to hit it just right.
- When adding new views, it can be tricky to find what you're looking for because some are buried a few clicks deeper than expected.
- By being able to communicate faster issues are solved in a timely manner.
- Managing SLA's and call volumes are easier and giver better overall data analysis.
- Total ROI is worth using this product for what you can get out of it.
- As with any system there could always be more customization available.
- Some of the initial setup could use better wording.
Genesys PureConnect Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
About Genesys PureConnect
Genesys PureConnect is a contact center platform for multichannel interactions, offered with a choice of deployment models – as a cloud-based service, on-premise, or a managed service. This solution includes IP telephony that extends scalable, application-rich IP PBX and messaging functionality throughout the enterprise. Additionally, this platform includes business process automation to automate multi-step people-centric processes, and document management solutions designed to handle extensive information volumes. This is the version of the Genesys Customer Experience Platform geared towards mid-sized companies.
The vendor says their industry solutions are complete and tailored with expertise in accounts receivable management, financial institutions, government agencies, the insurance industry, and outsourcers. The vendor also says their SIP based all-in-one IP platform unifies communications and is designed to meet the needs of a contact center, and enterprise as well as remote and mobile workforces. According to the vendor, the SIP based platform provides an alternative to the complexity of hardware-centric, multipoint systems. With their single integrated platform, users get ACD and multichannel queuing, IP PBX capability, screen and call recording, predictive dialing, voice mail and unified messaging, business process automation, document management, interactive voice response (IVR), speech recognition, workforce management, voice over IP (VoIP), and eServices.
Genesys PureConnect Integrations
Genesys PureConnect Competitors
Genesys PureConnect Technical Details
|Deployment Types:||On-premise, SaaS|
|Operating Systems:||Windows, Mac|