We also have the ability to deep dive into any call issues and trace them ourselves rather than relying on an outside party.
Being able to easily set up main queues with tertiary paths is a huge plus for this product. I have used, installed and supported various phone systems and PureConnect is by far the best, most capable, easiest to use & support that I have encountered.
- Call queuing with the ability to maintain call control to handle various scenarios
- Call Recording with easy access to review the recordings, create and review agent scoring for amazing quality control
- Functions of Text-to-Speech and Automated Voice Recognition for call routing
- Integration with various SIP gateways, phone, and devices
- Ease of access, maintenance, day to day management without techs needing to have been a Telecommunications engineer to manage their individual functions
- Workforce management capabilities
- Dialer capabilities for outbound marketing campaigns
- Easy addition of Survey capability to allow callers to rate their interactions
- System logging in more plain language so that problems can be traced out without needing to call support
- More emphasis on the software interface to be faster, especially with the management and supervisory functions
Less appropriate for smaller installs as it is not nearly priced competitive with Cisco and other companies in small installs or larger companies that do not have large call centers and mostly business users.
It is less appropriate if your organization is divided into many small teams and you have to manage hundreds of different teams.
- Pureconnect provides a professional interface for multi media contact with customers
- PureConnect provides real time and historical data to help manage our contact centers
- PureConnect provide recording and analysis tools to help evaluate customer contact successes
- Though the High availability server pair solution is rock solid high volume email users notice that queued email interactions get re-queued with a new time stamp on switchover
- Reporting and analytics: extensive data capturing, which - in turn - can help drive insights into customer use, satisfaction, and optimization strategy.
- Genesys PureConnect's integrations with other platforms (including CRM systems) is excellent.
- Extensive documentation is available on the platform's use, development, and integration requirements.
- I'd love to see improvements in process automation - to make the interaction process more streamlined or intuitive to setup.
- Integrations with new and emerging technologies: a lot of the big platforms are available for integration, but more rapid development to stay abreast of different communication platforms would be great.
- Scalability! PureConnect is great for mid-large size companies, but having an iteration readily implemented onto a small business (
Customer service is excellent and provides rapid insight/fixes to problems: responsiveness is a huge win for Genesys.
Genesys PureConnect Review: "Interaction Center brings a powerful and distributed architecture to communications for the enterprise"
The Interaction Center product solves many business communications issues by offering an extremely robust and feature rich communications platform for businesses of all sizes.
This platform is particularly impressive for call centers, and there is a huge presence of this in the Credit Union space and on top of delivering great functionality natively, it also has many customization points for special applications.
- Innovation - they are frankly one of the most innovative companies I have experienced and constantly try to stay ahead in the new feature race
- Expanded to being an industry leader along with the big communication platforms in only 10 years, and have entered the desired Gartner magic quadrant for business. Competing with the big boys now!
- Strong VAR relationship for this organization. Really stress the partnership in serving the client, and have done so ever since we have been in business selling Interactive Intelligence.
- Our company sells NO OTHER communication platform we are so much in support of the Interaction Center platform.
- Really focused on the "Customer Experience" fully.
- More rapid bug detection and methods to address. They are currently working on changing the update process to be more "mainline" and avoid large disruptive upgrades
- Better documentation of the changes technologically for the engineers to follow
- Better rapid training for new support engineers as they grow rapidly.
- Reporting is always a chief concern for any organization, and PureConnect has needed some changes in this way. Luckily with the acquisition by Genesys, they are making huge investments in many areas of the product, but in particular reporting is being revamped this year.
This is a great product, and I have seen so many businesses succeed using it!
- Ease of use of the PureConnect systems, from an Administrator experience to our Supervisor tools and end-user Desktop platform. All of these offerings are extremely “feature rich” which provides high customization, real-time awareness and enables us to deliver a silky interface to our end-users.
- At EMS, since we provide contact center outsourcing, our environment doesn’t operate as a single company with multiple departments, but rather as numerous companies with multiple departments under one roof, each with their own unique contact center preferences delivered with precision through EMS and Genesys.
- At present we are managing roughly 500 phone numbers, 400 workgroups, 200 Inbound Call Profiles, 200 users and 50 roles with PureConnect.
- We are a CaaS Local Control customer, meaning that our voice traffic stays onsite at EMS, but we leverage PureConnect cloud servers in a geo-redundant environment to route our interactions.
- EMS Provides support and services via Voice, Email and Chat with the ability to also turn-up SMS. With the Genesys system we are confidently able to achieve all of this with a single FT dedicated EMS Genesys Administrator.
- The Genesys sales and support engineers are the best in the business.
- Any ideas or questions that need addressed are quickly and accurately addressed with a phone call or email to our Customer Success Manager, Service Delivery Manager or Support Team. The support we receive feels genuine and the demonstrated sense of urgency is not based upon the number of seats we occupy.
- The Genesys PureConnect platform is highly customizable and we have yet to truly run into any roadblocks with system configuration and feature sets. We are only limited to our own creativity.
- Reporting. Why can't I get individual interaction details from cradle to grave? Most importantly on "abandoned" interactions. PureConnect sums and averages all of your interaction data by half hour intervals and therefore dumps the individual line by line data. We want to know if someone abandons a queue, what date/time they called, their number, wait duration(s) before disconnect, workgroup and etc. This just makes no sense in comparison to the competition. The rest of the canned reporting is useful and works well.
- The reliability of PureConnect is fantastic with the redundant servers pairs.
- The system is very flexible, there are very few business work flows that I cannot accommodate with native functionality.
- The integration with Salesforce is a must around our company and PureConnect has a very clean product to connect to Salesforce.
- They are still in the process of migrating the supervisor and admin tools to an online environment. It is a bit cumbersome to support my supervisors connecting to a remote desktop to get what they need.
- Support is at times slow to respond on more difficult cases.
- Reporting tools are also still not in an online environment and the reporting tool they currently have is pretty limited in the quantity of data that can be pulled in one report.
There have been a few teams that balked at the license cost and sacrificed the features they had been after.
- Upgrades are smooth. This product has been around long enough to have this process matured into a doable event without any major downtime.
- ACD routing is accurate and easily adjustable. I can easily configure how I want my calls, emails, chats, etc. delivered.
- The software as a whole is very flexible. I can buy just the parts and pieces my company wants to use.
- Interaction Attendant could use some love. Getting information from a database is easy yet very basic. If I want to get creative with my SQL selection I've either got to do it in a lot of steps or use Interaction designer.
- They seem to change how they handle reporting often. They are good about making past methods still work after and upgrade but it causes my reports to be in various styles and versions rather than a consistent platform.
- Intelligently routes customer calls to the most experienced agents.
- Interaction Process Automation allows us to streamline business processes and manage the work.
- Call recording allows us to perform quality assurance on our agents to ensure they are handling the customer the best way possible.
- None, this product does everything we need it to do and so much more!
- Active Directory and CRM
Dynamics 2016 to recognize our callers and adapt the flow according to client
- Lync to synchronize status
- Soon, web to generate callbacks
- Routing engine is well designed making agent selection easy to understand for business partners
- Real time KPIs through wall boards are really appreciated from managers
- Call flow capabilities through development (inc. interfaces) to meet business requirements
- Softphone is painful to use for enduser. They need to "re" provision each time they change their network
- Historical reporting as aggregation through standard reporting is really bad. We need to rework through Excel to get consolidated data or use BI tools
- We have faced issues with the stability of the marquee component/aggregating majority of the infrastructure for 3 years
- System backup is barely impossible without deep handler development
- To get connected to a station via ICBM, we need to connect through desktop which is very painful
- ACD with workgroups/skills, whether directly attached or inherited.
- .Net API - we rely on the API to build our own monitoring tools and configuration tools.
- Handler customization - we know that we can go beyond the basic workflow by using Handler.
- Regarding multi-channels - I know that improvements are in progress or may be even already available, but we lack a real-time status on the user current interactionS. By S, I mean that a user can have his/her utilization potential used by several interactions taking place at the same time, and it would be great to know what the user is currently handling - and how much of his/her utilization remains for each media type.
- Blending is not easy - mixing inbound and outbound calls; we had to give up using Dialer which was too rigid and ended up using our own algorithms and tools. Dialer may have improved since that time but it's too late for us.
- Some distribution discrepancy (sometimes) that we can't figure out.
- Great for inbound distribution.
- Too rigid for blending.
- Easy to configure IVR with all needed features.
- Nice set of additional features to maange a call center (Reporting, Supervision, Workforce management)
- Powerful ACD engine to dispatch interactions according to different rules (based on skills, workgroups, etc ..)
- Very nice off the shelf connector to Salesforce
- Ergonomy could get better. Nice effort was done with the release of the web interface (pureConnect interface). But there is still some room for simplifications, especially on the administrator interface.
- Integration with BI tools could be better.
- Missing some education facilities in France to attend training in Paris for example.
- For contact centers sized > 60 agents it makes the perfect fit and has all the features you need to manage the workforce
- For smaller contact centers - I'd rather look into PureCloud solutions
- Works virtually so it can be accessed from anywhere. Flexible for remote working.
- Captures a lot of data at all levels. Good call logs enable us to trouble-shoot problems fairly easily.
- Tools are customizable at a user and supervisory level making it easy for people to view data as it works best for them.
- Reporting is terrible, does not export well, poor options to format summary reports in a flexible fashion.
- Limited to viewing only 20 workgroups at a time after last upgrade which wreaked havoc in our operation and forced many expensive customizations just to get back to functionality we had in the past. Huge miss on I3's part.
- Wrap-up code solution is awful. The ability to capture actionable information for why guests call us and report to our clients in an intelligent fashion is non-existent. We have to re-enter all data manually into Excel today.
- Email solution is not easy to execute out of the box.
With PureCloud we can make system changes ourselves and no longer rely on IT or external providers. We can measure so much more and our managers have real-time data at their fingertips.
Our customers enjoy a friendlier and more convenient experience on their own terms. And our teams can do what they do best—provide great service and build relationships.
- Maintains 90% customer satisfaction rates
- 15% reduction in abandonment rates, from 18% to 3%
- Improved efficiency and first contact resolution
- Future integration of channels and operations
- Workforce Management tools, dashboard and supervisor tools
You can use a specific tool like callbacks for customers and improve "customer experience and satisfaction". We can integrate our CRM tool to our flow and give more information for the agents.
- Great campaign manager
- Very good real-time and historical data
- A powerful development tool
- All in one product
- All the IPT telephone features are very poor
- The real-time and historical data for outbound calls (not dialer calls ) are very poor
- We needed to develop our agent status because the client does not support that I know that it word wide problem after we spoke with other customers and developers from ININ
- The dialer is a strength of this product.
- The agent client is one of the weak [points].
- I think its the best predictive dialer solution
- I can run multiple campaigns and make good call analysis
- Real-time supervisor monitoring and campaign management are very easy
- Database management and data warehousing
- Suited for flexible growing company with remote site architecture
- Less appropriate for business users only scenario
- The analytics provided are great both in detail and visual aspect. We were able to easily understand the information presented as well as show it to other not using the platform and explain it in detail.
- It was simple to integrate into our daily processes. We didn't have to 'shut things down' for days in order to add this into our process; it was easy to add in and made it more efficient. We were also able to reduce the number of applications we used day to day.
- The platform helped to keep sales on track with their quotas. Sales reps were able to visually see how they were performing . The sales solution also encouraged marketing and sales alignment as it allowed us to create a more uniform communication strategy with customers and prospects.
- We did find that the texting feature was a little hard to perfect. Our messages would either be too long and show in multiple messages or the links would give an error.
- The digital automation feature is wonky as well. We found that the automation would provide odd and out-of-place responses.
- The pricing for the platform (we found) to be more costly than other solutions.
- Genesys has pretty much every feature you could ever need. It has a multi-client, multi-channel technology for customer care centers, for example (which is handy because those get high volume)
- It's easy to pick up and run with, very minimal training and customer-service is quick to respond if you have any questions
- It consolidates multiple views into one streamlined interface on your desktop. If it's one thing that drives me nuts, it's having a billion windows open.
- It would be nice to have some bilingual speech analytics. Since we deal with clients across the world, it would be nice to have support for local languages.
- Sometimes the administrator tools can be a bit lacking, so we had to improvise a bit with some in-house solutions.
- I would like some more transparency from Genesys when they plan to update their programs – a lack of a roadmap can be a bit problematic.
- Now when receiving leads we are able to see the information we need immediately. Prior to set up our account manager walked us through what fields would be available and which ones made the most sense to include or not include.
- The amount of customer service you receive is phenomenal. We started off by only purchasing PureConnect although we were initially encouraged to take advantage of the cloud services as well. Despite only having a single platform and being an extremely small start up we were treated as if we are a Fortune 500 company. For every little question we always have a LIVE PERSON to speak with and help us work through issues.
- I have been part of many software integrations and the integration of getting their software "to talk and play nice" with ours was a bit more difficult than we had originally anticipated. However, their integration team held bi-weekly calls with us to discuss the project road map, what the integration testing would look like, and what the results of the testing were. This all happened prior to the integration going live, giving us plenty of time to work through any bugs or issues that might have come up.
- I don't have many cons to mention. The only thing that I was a bit bummed about was that sometimes it seemed like fields were more limited than what I had initially been led to believe. However, it seems to have worked out for the best as less is more sometimes!
- It consolidates multiple views and functionality into one streamline Desktop interface.
- Centralized management of VOIP telephony, for managed devices, settings, and configuration.
- It provides the agents an all-in-one directory for ease of warm or cold transfers.
- Multiple communication methods, it allows fax, email, voicemail, and live calls.
- Integrates with any legacy or new Telephony infrastructure.
- Allow for more out-of-the-box appointment reminder type solutions to be implemented in the healthcare sector.
- Improve the visibility of the media servers for stats and performance from the ICBM client for Admins. Implement alerts for performance counters on the media servers.
- More dashboard stats for system/business users (Managers).
- Better Canned reports out-of-the-box, provide ease of use to customize the reports.
We love that this tool is a true platform which our teams can achieve all the business goals they need by leveraging the many features of the platform. We have yet to run across a business need that couldn't be met. Being able to extend out of the box features using custom handlers has been a big step forward for us from out past contact center systems.
- Easy to manage Auto Attendants, a visual hierarchy for management.
- Customizable handlers using a robust tools set.
- Amazing live dashboard for management and IT support staff
- Reporting on Auto Attendants is hard to understand
- User provisioning is hard to set up initially, easy to recreate for subsequent users
- I would love to see a virtual media server
The problem it addresses is long customer wait times, endless loops in the phone tree and ensuring the customer is getting to the best agent for their needs.
- Skills Based Routing provides our customers with the ability to get to the right person, the first time! Definitely helps provide a one call resolution!
- PureConnect Support is great! They are so willing to help out whenever we are stumped and at a dead end! Their support is timely and very informative.
- Reporting: PureConnect provides excellent reporting statistics which allow us to stay on top of our game!
- Training: In order to connect to a support rep at Genesys, one must be certified in Genesys' system. Training is costly and can be confusing. Only the basics are covered and leaves alot to learn.
- It would be nice for Chat to be set up like voice or email tree's rather than requiring handlers to do all the work.
- Upgrades can be cumbersome.
Training is flexible, offering either a classroom setting or a virtual setting. Instructors are knowledgeable, but move quickly through the materials. I recommend having some knowledge of telephony and networks before jumping into training.
Building the system can be a chore though, unless you are extremely trained or have assistance from a third party.
Genesys PureConnect Scorecard Summary
About Genesys PureConnect
Genesys PureConnect is a contact center platform for multichannel interactions, offered with a choice of deployment models – as a cloud-based service, on-premise, or a managed service. This solution includes IP telephony that extends scalable, application-rich IP PBX and messaging functionality throughout the enterprise. Additionally, this platform includes business process automation to automate multi-step people-centric processes, and document management solutions designed to handle extensive information volumes. This is the version of the Genesys Customer Experience Platform geared towards mid-sized companies.
The vendor says their industry solutions are complete and tailored with expertise in accounts receivable management, financial institutions, government agencies, the insurance industry, and outsourcers. The vendor also says their SIP based all-in-one IP platform unifies communications and is designed to meet the needs of a contact center, and enterprise as well as remote and mobile workforces. According to the vendor, the SIP based platform provides an alternative to the complexity of hardware-centric, multipoint systems. With their single integrated platform, users get ACD and multichannel queuing, IP PBX capability, screen and call recording, predictive dialing, voice mail and unified messaging, business process automation, document management, interactive voice response (IVR), speech recognition, workforce management, voice over IP (VoIP), and eServices.
Genesys PureConnect Integrations
Genesys PureConnect Competitors
Genesys PureConnect Technical Details
|Deployment Types:||On-premise, SaaS|
|Operating Systems:||Windows, Mac|