Reviews (1-25 of 112)
We've been able to build custom applications for a number of different areas, such as Outbound Caller ID validation, specific whisper notifications for different Inbound or Dialler calls, Text to Speech integration with Google's TTS API, and other company-specific requirements.
We've been able to integrate data and information from the PureConnect call data attributes into our internal CRM system as well, enabling us to free up our Call Centre staff to focus on our customers, and less on the nitty-gritty of note-taking and verification.
- Simplicity to implement a IVR.
- Real-time supervisor monitoring and campaign management are very easy.
- I can run multiple campaigns and make good call analysis.
- Realtime information.
- Database management and data warehousing.
- Moving agents between workgroups is simple across ICBM and Administrator.
- Being able to configure elements of the system is useful as it removes the dependency on Genesys themselves.
- Adding other areas of the business can be done efficiently.
- Attendant login being isolated to one user at a time.
- Having to request access to containers when the need arises as opposed to having access to all containers when first accessing the platform and completing training.
- Tailoring release notes to customers as not all customers are technically aware of how all new features can support their business strategy.
- PureConnect is a true, flexible, all-in-one out-of-the-box solution for your contact center needs
- With this being a true all-in-one it is a reduced cost of ownership vs other platforms on the market
- PureConnect seamlessly integrates with several CRM and WFM tools out of the box unlike other platforms on the market you need custom programing to hook in to these offerings
- Whitepapers, technical documents: there can be a more robust knowledge base with clearer documentation. We have found at time of implementation we hit a wall as the document is missing some items
- More robust out of the box reporting ( which i feel is coming with some of the webinars we have seen with the new analytics
- A way to rename users, wokgroups, schedules or other items on the fly. IE once you create something you have to remove it and start again as you can not rename an object in Interaction Administrator
- Ease of use of the PureConnect systems, from an Administrator experience to our Supervisor tools and end-user Desktop platform. All of these offerings are extremely “feature rich” which provides high customization, real-time awareness and enables us to deliver a silky interface to our end-users.
- At EMS, since we provide contact center outsourcing, our environment doesn’t operate as a single company with multiple departments, but rather as numerous companies with multiple departments under one roof, each with their own unique contact center preferences delivered with precision through EMS and Genesys.
- At present we are managing roughly 500 phone numbers, 400 workgroups, 200 Inbound Call Profiles, 200 users and 50 roles with PureConnect.
- We are a CaaS Local Control customer, meaning that our voice traffic stays onsite at EMS, but we leverage PureConnect cloud servers in a geo-redundant environment to route our interactions.
- EMS Provides support and services via Voice, Email and Chat with the ability to also turn-up SMS. With the Genesys system we are confidently able to achieve all of this with a single FT dedicated EMS Genesys Administrator.
- The Genesys sales and support engineers are the best in the business.
- Any ideas or questions that need addressed are quickly and accurately addressed with a phone call or email to our Customer Success Manager, Service Delivery Manager or Support Team. The support we receive feels genuine and the demonstrated sense of urgency is not based upon the number of seats we occupy.
- The Genesys PureConnect platform is highly customizable and we have yet to truly run into any roadblocks with system configuration and feature sets. We are only limited to our own creativity.
- Reporting. Why can't I get individual interaction details from cradle to grave? Most importantly on "abandoned" interactions. PureConnect sums and averages all of your interaction data by half hour intervals and therefore dumps the individual line by line data. We want to know if someone abandons a queue, what date/time they called, their number, wait duration(s) before disconnect, workgroup and etc. This just makes no sense in comparison to the competition. The rest of the canned reporting is useful and works well.
- The flexibility of Genesys PureConnect, supported by SDKs and APIs is what makes this solution stand out for me.
- As we've improved our back-end processes regarding how we classify, prioritize, and handle our contact records, our campaigns have been more successful via the dialer system.
- The ability to add additional attributes/key values to these interactions has allowed us to gain knowledge we have used to create more personal experiences.
- The Attendant application allows us to do many things with our calls, from a data perspective as well as providing the best service possible.
- The customization capabilities lead to complexity. Troubleshooting can be tedious at times.
- The support model could be improved, when compared to other contact center platforms.
- Out-of-box reporting is lacking, so larger contact centers will need additional apps to gain knowledge from the data.
- Some key values within the data cannot be easily related, in order to create reports that can drill down from a high level to a granular data point.
- Purely Software Based System: On Microsoft OS. It is an all software-based system making it easy to manage, integrate and interface with other systems
- One Vendor: All modules, IVR, ACD, Dialer, WFM are from one vendor. So, no compatibility and latency issues at all.
- Superb Notifier Service: You don't have to restart any process or service for a change to take effect.
- Abandoned Call Management: There's no report/module available to return/respond to abandoned calls. We sign with our clients that we'll return abandoned calls within one hour. But we can't get any report from PureConnect to prove it.
- While on Calls, Agents should be able to see waiting calls so that they can hang up the running call ASAP and respond to the waiting one to keep the abandoned rate low.
- Flowout calls need to be removed as they cause total entered calls to be confusing.
We use it to log on and log off our OPI interpreters, keep track of interpretation sessions, collect billing data, and facilitate the communications between our customers and our deep bench of interpreters. We leverage SOAP and custom objects in CIC to track our VRI interpreters as well.
We utilize ACD for call distribution to our Customer Service Representatives (CSR)s and Optimizer added to CIC to handle scheduling volumes for the same giving our customers a high degree of satisfaction. The deep integration with Structured Query Language (SQL) databases allows us to customize our data for billing and reports with off the shelf tools, saving us both time and money.
The ingrained ease of programming and modification allows us to quickly customize our product offerings to meet our customer's needs and expectations. We have added products ranging from complete SIP to SIP data interchange for billing information, language selection and customized customer info to customized Auto Attendant menus that are data-driven vs. hand-built solutions.
Self-serve customer options via IWP and scheduled reports allow us to provide data access to specific types of queries and recordings for use by the customer without bogging down our staff with requests allowing them to be more productive in day to day operations. The wonderful thing about CIC is how complete, easy to use, and robust the platform is. Honestly, it outshines the Myriad other platforms we could have went down the wrong path with.
- Automated call distribution.
- Data integration and reporting.
- Real time monitoring of users, Lines, Line Queues, and subsystems.
- Easy to use programming interface and tools for customization.
- Easy to understand strait forward documentation with examples.
- Homogeneous System Setup and administrative tools.
- Switch over!!!!, an Active-Active Server configuration vs. the current active-passive (Primary/Secondary) is outdated given the state of the industry. Allowing for multiple CIC servers, Primary, and multiple secondaries would be ideal! Multi-site is a bit clunky and not engineering/administratively friendly or even full-featured.
- Out of the box robust Bulls Eye routing.
- Expansion of the IceLib to more areas of the system with deeper hooks.
CIC is not well suited for small organizations < 50 where they are only answering phones in the course of doing business VS. the business is the phone.
- Tracking agent behaviour through their login. Reports around this are varied and reveal a lot.
- Adding new work groups/skills and distributing through each area is quick and easily done by admin.
- Naming convention can cause an issue with understanding across all areas.
- Add-ons are an additional cost. Anything not out of the box will be a cost. Factor this in for your bid.
- Reporting can be confusing. What you want and what it gives you are different. Also for reporting purposes, arrival times and when the contact is actually handled matter. If this spans two intervals doubling up can occur.
- Robust and reliable enterprise telephony service.
- Ability to flex licensing up and down as our user profiles change.
- Future proofing of services through new digital channel integration, ease of cloud services integration and third party add-ons.
- Simple and easy to use agent user interface.
- Cost of the digital/AI based services are high relative to other cloud provided services.
- Hardware provisioning for PureConnect misaligns with cloud adopted technologies - it's not an evergreen architecture for us.
- PCI integration using a third party PCI provider is harder to implement than one would expect.
- Pureconnect is highly customizable. The system has so many features that can easily be adjusted or set to accommodate the needs of each business or department and can be changed at any time by the administrator(s).
- PureConnect is capable of being the primary contact point for multiple departments within a business. For example, our business is made up of several departments within one building. Pureconnect has the capability of routing the customer to the correct department and to the right person within that department based on their specific needs.
- PureConnect has an excellent customer service department. If ever you find yourself needing guidance or assistance with this program, their customer service will be right there able and willing to help as needed.
- We have found that it does take a little bit of time to receive a response from InteractionSupervisor/Administrator/Attendant.
- PureConnect could use improvement within its sales department. It takes a bit of time to get requested information and demonstrations of the program.
- The system does seem to get bogged down when it is trying to handle several cases at once.
- It's easy to customize.
- It's easy to integrate.
- PureConnect has a great UI.
- Reporting is terrible -- canned reports, as well as the available report data in the database for custom reporting.
- It's missing popular features like scheduled callbacks, a more robust dashboard (e.g. how many calls in queue vs. callbacks in the queue), and the ability to change names.
- The WFM lacks features found in many other WFM solutions. Customers who transition from something else to Optimizer usually regret it.
- Visibility across the organization
- Plethora of features and functions
- Ease of integration
- Transcription reporting from the assistance interactions.
- Ability to change the color pallet of the applications to make them look more modern.
- Needs native WebRTC functionality.
- Gets the call to the right agent (properly skilled and trained).
- Open sourced and extremely flexible to meet the unique needs of our business.
- Multiple tools available for call-center management and support.
- Support for the product is slowly moving toward PureCloud which is the future.
- Their platform is pretty rock solid as far as staying up and doing what it's supposed to do.
- They provide ample documentation that I can use to fix problems myself.
- They're quick to answer the phone when we need help.
- Their support leaves a little to be desired at times. Sometimes I feel like we know more than their experts do.
- The unplanned switchovers have to stop.
- I'd really like to know that things like single sign on are going to work the way they're supposed to at all times.
- Provides flexibility to design interaction flows that work for your business model/challenges.
- Provides redundancy and high availability with backup server.
- Allows for features to be limited to certain users or user groups via security.
- Licensing can be challenging and very expensive.
- Client templates are hard to administer and are built very different than the rest of the functionality.
- Web desktop has been slow to come along and include all the features.
- Optimizer is very sub-par product.
- Outbound Dialer: Member engagement is a huge business driver for our company and the outbound dialer really drives that engagement. It is more efficient and effective than any other dialer I have ever used.
- Inbound Attendant: The configuration interface for Interactive Attendant is intuitive and simple to use.
- Stability: We have a high availability environment and rarely ever have to switch to our backup server. The platform runs clean and is reliable.
- I would love to be able to rename and user I.D. Currently, we have to delete and rebuild the profile.
- I would like to see some of the built-in applications like Optimizer expanded upon. I believe there is a 500 agent limit on the size of the scheduling unit you can create.
- PureConnect seamlessly connect to [our] CRM, with no issues
- Their vast IVR routes call to the proper agents based on our needs, and the way we want it set up, very easily.
- The actual layout for each agent can be customized for each person, and at the same time have the standard view that we want
- They are constantly evolving and update the product to meet user and market demands
- Very good in monitoring and listening to calls
- The out of box reports aren't that good, they need more flexible to pull the data the way you want it
- The management and supervisory functions can use a little more customizations, than just out of the box
- Integration with existing platforms.
- No downtime on the cloud version
- Ease of use for supervisors and agents
- Failovers are easily triggered.
- Server turns slow when there are are a lot of use cases.
- Some level of customization for the buttons.
Genesys PureConnect Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
What is Genesys PureConnect?
The Genesys PureConnect platform was an all-in-one contact center solution for omnichannel and business communications solutions on a single platform. The vendor presented it as simplified all-in-one architecture, flexible, with the highest level of isolation and control available in the cloud. Available in the cloud and on-premises, PureConnect's goal was to let users replace multiple point solutions with a single application.
While PureConnect is still available, visitors exploring Genesys solutions are encouraged to investigate Genesys Engage, or Genesys Cloud , the company's newest evolution of their customer communication solutions.
Genesys PureConnect Screenshots
Genesys PureConnect Videos (2)
Genesys PureConnect Downloadables
Genesys PureConnect Integrations
Genesys PureConnect Competitors
Genesys PureConnect Technical Details
|Deployment Types:||On-premise, SaaS|
|Mobile Application:||iPad Supervisor|