Reviews (1-25 of 110)
- Purely Software Based System: On Microsoft OS. It is an all software-based system making it easy to manage, integrate and interface with other systems
- One Vendor: All modules, IVR, ACD, Dialer, WFM are from one vendor. So, no compatibility and latency issues at all.
- Superb Notifier Service: You don't have to restart any process or service for a change to take effect.
- Abandoned Call Management: There's no report/module available to return/respond to abandoned calls. We sign with our clients that we'll return abandoned calls within one hour. But we can't get any report from PureConnect to prove it.
- While on Calls, Agents should be able to see waiting calls so that they can hang up the running call ASAP and respond to the waiting one to keep the abandoned rate low.
- Flowout calls need to be removed as they cause total entered calls to be confusing.
We use it to log on and log off our OPI interpreters, keep track of interpretation sessions, collect billing data, and facilitate the communications between our customers and our deep bench of interpreters. We leverage SOAP and custom objects in CIC to track our VRI interpreters as well.
We utilize ACD for call distribution to our Customer Service Representatives (CSR)s and Optimizer added to CIC to handle scheduling volumes for the same giving our customers a high degree of satisfaction. The deep integration with Structured Query Language (SQL) databases allows us to customize our data for billing and reports with off the shelf tools, saving us both time and money.
The ingrained ease of programming and modification allows us to quickly customize our product offerings to meet our customer's needs and expectations. We have added products ranging from complete SIP to SIP data interchange for billing information, language selection and customized customer info to customized Auto Attendant menus that are data-driven vs. hand-built solutions.
Self-serve customer options via IWP and scheduled reports allow us to provide data access to specific types of queries and recordings for use by the customer without bogging down our staff with requests allowing them to be more productive in day to day operations. The wonderful thing about CIC is how complete, easy to use, and robust the platform is. Honestly, it outshines the Myriad other platforms we could have went down the wrong path with.
- Automated call distribution.
- Data integration and reporting.
- Real time monitoring of users, Lines, Line Queues, and subsystems.
- Easy to use programming interface and tools for customization.
- Easy to understand strait forward documentation with examples.
- Homogeneous System Setup and administrative tools.
- Switch over!!!!, an Active-Active Server configuration vs. the current active-passive (Primary/Secondary) is outdated given the state of the industry. Allowing for multiple CIC servers, Primary, and multiple secondaries would be ideal! Multi-site is a bit clunky and not engineering/administratively friendly or even full-featured.
- Out of the box robust Bulls Eye routing.
- Expansion of the IceLib to more areas of the system with deeper hooks.
CIC is not well suited for small organizations < 50 where they are only answering phones in the course of doing business VS. the business is the phone.
- Pureconnect is highly customizable. The system has so many features that can easily be adjusted or set to accommodate the needs of each business or department and can be changed at any time by the administrator(s).
- PureConnect is capable of being the primary contact point for multiple departments within a business. For example, our business is made up of several departments within one building. Pureconnect has the capability of routing the customer to the correct department and to the right person within that department based on their specific needs.
- PureConnect has an excellent customer service department. If ever you find yourself needing guidance or assistance with this program, their customer service will be right there able and willing to help as needed.
- We have found that it does take a little bit of time to receive a response from InteractionSupervisor/Administrator/Attendant.
- PureConnect could use improvement within its sales department. It takes a bit of time to get requested information and demonstrations of the program.
- The system does seem to get bogged down when it is trying to handle several cases at once.
- Ease of use of the PureConnect systems, from an Administrator experience to our Supervisor tools and end-user Desktop platform. All of these offerings are extremely “feature rich” which provides high customization, real-time awareness and enables us to deliver a silky interface to our end-users.
- At EMS, since we provide contact center outsourcing, our environment doesn’t operate as a single company with multiple departments, but rather as numerous companies with multiple departments under one roof, each with their own unique contact center preferences delivered with precision through EMS and Genesys.
- At present we are managing roughly 500 phone numbers, 400 workgroups, 200 Inbound Call Profiles, 200 users and 50 roles with PureConnect.
- We are a CaaS Local Control customer, meaning that our voice traffic stays onsite at EMS, but we leverage PureConnect cloud servers in a geo-redundant environment to route our interactions.
- EMS Provides support and services via Voice, Email and Chat with the ability to also turn-up SMS. With the Genesys system we are confidently able to achieve all of this with a single FT dedicated EMS Genesys Administrator.
- The Genesys sales and support engineers are the best in the business.
- Any ideas or questions that need addressed are quickly and accurately addressed with a phone call or email to our Customer Success Manager, Service Delivery Manager or Support Team. The support we receive feels genuine and the demonstrated sense of urgency is not based upon the number of seats we occupy.
- The Genesys PureConnect platform is highly customizable and we have yet to truly run into any roadblocks with system configuration and feature sets. We are only limited to our own creativity.
- Reporting. Why can't I get individual interaction details from cradle to grave? Most importantly on "abandoned" interactions. PureConnect sums and averages all of your interaction data by half hour intervals and therefore dumps the individual line by line data. We want to know if someone abandons a queue, what date/time they called, their number, wait duration(s) before disconnect, workgroup and etc. This just makes no sense in comparison to the competition. The rest of the canned reporting is useful and works well.
- We introduced PureConnect Cloud to dramatically reduce our system operation tasks.
- As call flow configuration change is easy, it can respond to sudden operation change immediately.
- System accounts such as InteractionDesktop and ICBM are common.
- SwichOver to the backup center at the time of failure is very fast.
- The response of InteractionSupervisor, InteractionAdministrator, and InteractionAttendant is very slow.
- I want a function to change batch user information of InteractionAdministrator.
- I want a batch download and batch upload function of InteractionAdministrator user information and WG information.
- It's easy to customize.
- It's easy to integrate.
- PureConnect has a great UI.
- Reporting is terrible -- canned reports, as well as the available report data in the database for custom reporting.
- It's missing popular features like scheduled callbacks, a more robust dashboard (e.g. how many calls in queue vs. callbacks in the queue), and the ability to change names.
- The WFM lacks features found in many other WFM solutions. Customers who transition from something else to Optimizer usually regret it.
- Visibility across the organization
- Plethora of features and functions
- Ease of integration
- Transcription reporting from the assistance interactions.
- Ability to change the color pallet of the applications to make them look more modern.
- Needs native WebRTC functionality.
- Gets the call to the right agent (properly skilled and trained).
- Open sourced and extremely flexible to meet the unique needs of our business.
- Multiple tools available for call-center management and support.
- Support for the product is slowly moving toward PureCloud which is the future.
- Their platform is pretty rock solid as far as staying up and doing what it's supposed to do.
- They provide ample documentation that I can use to fix problems myself.
- They're quick to answer the phone when we need help.
- Their support leaves a little to be desired at times. Sometimes I feel like we know more than their experts do.
- The unplanned switchovers have to stop.
- I'd really like to know that things like single sign on are going to work the way they're supposed to at all times.
- PureConnect is a single platform; therefore, everything works well together. With other solutions, we have experienced communication challenges between our core phone system and predictive dialer, our call recording solutions, our speech analytics solution, etc. With PureConnect, those issues are 100% solved.
- We often like pushing things to the limits. We have experience writing custom software solutions with Avaya and Asterisk (FreePBX). Using PureConnect's handlers and IceLib API has been a total game changer: we have gone from taking an R&D approach trying to find a way to do something to having multiple solutions available to us to accomplish our goals. The design, training programs, and documentation have been very well received by our software development team.
- Blending multiple communication channels and being designed to accommodate whatever is coming next has addressed our current needs and has given us confidence that PureConnect will continue to serve consumers in the future.
- WFM does not handle both inbound and outbound. It's the one component that needs to be provided by a third party.
- There is not enough sales support to handle requests regarding new functionality. To get basic information and/or demonstrations can take time and effort.
- Tracking changes would be a good feature to add (perhaps with rollback functionality).
- It saves a lot of time by having everything in one app.
- It makes work easier for our agents.
- It allows us to monitor results in all markets very easily.
- In the web client, there isn't a way to look at an email without answering it.
- Intelligently routes customer calls to the most experienced agents.
- Interaction Process Automation allows us to streamline business processes and manage the work.
- Call recording allows us to perform quality assurance on our agents to ensure they are handling the customer the best way possible.
- Ability to write custom handlers to extend the out-of-the-box functionality allows us to increase efficiency of handling business processes.
- None, this product does everything we need it to do and so much more!
- Provides flexibility to design interaction flows that work for your business model/challenges.
- Provides redundancy and high availability with backup server.
- Allows for features to be limited to certain users or user groups via security.
- Licensing can be challenging and very expensive.
- Client templates are hard to administer and are built very different than the rest of the functionality.
- Web desktop has been slow to come along and include all the features.
- Optimizer is very sub-par product.
- We love having omni-channel communications in one centralized platform!
- PureConnect is a stable and reliable solution that I know we can count on.
- Reporting capabilities put useful information in the hands of our team.
- Interaction Feedback reporting lacks a lot - we get very limited data and can't really use it to interpret the survey data.
- The PureConnect for Salesforce integration is somewhat limited—here's a lot we can't do without using the Salesforce Object Routing Connector, but that poses its own issues.
- The integration with Aspect eWFM has been a nightmare.
- It integrates with other products easily.
- It has multiple redundancy options for backup.
- Its easy to manage and make changes.
- I would like the administrator program to be updated.
- I would like more virtual server ability.
- I would like the costs to decrease.
- Call routing to the right user.
- Monitor and capture agent screen and customer speech content.
- Creates opportunities to further efficiency.
- The WFM system called Optimizer is missing automation and key functionality out of the box.
- Canned reporting is limited.
- Dashboard to visually display KPIs.
We use it mostly for our Customer Service Departments but, do have some users set up as a business user.
We have our IVR built into Genesys which customers can call into and receive account balance and listen to their transactions.
Our IVR has cut down on the calls that come into the Customer Service Department and the time the Agents would spend with the customers going over account activity.
- Functional and easy to use. Clean interface makes it easy to navigate.
- Support is always eager to solve any issues and answer any questions.
- Very easy to deploy a large amount of phones.
- I would like to see additional training or knowledge classes available remotely.
- We've used the product prior to Genesys when it was called I3 and owned by Interaction Intelligence. ICBM is a strong component to the Telephony platform with its seamless monitoring inbound/outbound phones calls.
- The ICBM application also allows for the creation of quality assurance surveys that can be customized by the end user. ICBM also gives the ability to search and retrieve call recordings.
- The customization aspect via handlers is also a strength whereas my team has the ability to create modifications within the system to change the way calls are handled, change the IVR actions, etc.
- The Genesys technical support teams do a fantastic job at providing the support needed to resolve a large variety of issues/concerns that are encountered. Typically the team does a great job of keeping the consumer in the loop when tickets/incidents are raised.
- The Testlab site for validating products that work on the platform and also Windows Updates that have been tested is fantastic! This really helps out with teams that handle multiple facets of IT rather than just one aspect of it and it makes WSUS and Windows Update-related patching an absolute breeze because seldom does the uncertainty lie in whether or not a particular update will break operations on the platform.
- The licensing aspect of Genesys can be overwhelming from the perspective of someone taking charge of the process for the first time. The portal does a great job of showing bundled licensing, however, the support teams sometimes tend to fall short providing proper clarifications if any confusion is encountered whether it be with the licensing process, or with a particular licensing-related question. Typically, the licensing support team does pretty well, however, there are times where the issue or question needs to be restated in order to get a proper detailed answer to proceed.
- While the knowledgebase has greatly improved over the years, the community site forums still tend to present some struggles, specifically with keyword searches. While I realize it's difficult to really fully finetune community-based knowledge, it would be nice to see an indication of which particular posts actually include a valid resolution and which do not. I feel this would improve the quality of the overall community-driven self-support aspect/facets of the product.
- The biggest fall short aspect is the media servers. Specifically, that the support requirement is that they are to be physical servers rather than virtual ones. From a technical standpoint, this makes sense, however, from a business/cost savings standpoint, for a company wanting to move to SaaS or any virtualization, there will be support-boundaries herein that the media servers will always need to be on physical hardware.
Genesys PureConnect Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
About Genesys PureConnect
The Genesys PureConnect platform is an all-in-one contact center solution that promises a broad and deep set of omnichannel and business communications solutions on a single platform. The vendor aims to offer: simplified all-in-one architecture, flexibility and the highest level of isolation and control available in the cloud. Available both in the cloud and on-premises, PureConnect's goal is to let users replace multiple point solutions with a single application that makes customers and employees happier.
The vendor's main value propositions are:
Do more with less: An all-in-one platform enables users to deliver a better customer experience while greatly simplifying administration, increasing operational performance, and reducing total cost of ownership.
Speed time to value: A single set of broad and deep solutions allows users to turn on new capabilities quickly, when you’re ready, and new functionality is built right into existing interfaces.
Tailor solutions and protect investments: An open, standards-based architecture allows users to customize the application and integrate with any existing systems.
Maximize privacy and control in the cloud: Users get their own instance of the application, the option to go 100% private cloud and the ability to keep voice traffic and recordings at your site. Users can also customize solutions, determine the timing of updates and maintain control over carrier relationships.
Genesys PureConnect Screenshots
Genesys PureConnect Videos (2)
Genesys PureConnect Downloadables
Genesys PureConnect Integrations
Genesys PureConnect Competitors
Genesys PureConnect Technical Details
|Deployment Types:||On-premise, SaaS|
|Mobile Application:||iPad Supervisor|