- Blending of multiple incoming channels (Voice, Email, Back Office) is key to keeping a good variety of work to our agents and keeping them engaged and occupied.
- PureEngage is a mature and resilient product. It has provided us with 99.999+% availability over the last 6+ years.
- The ability to distribute back office work via Genesys iWD has allowed us to get terrific insight into the metrics for this previously not-tracked work.
- Some of the newer interfaces developed for PureEngage are not yet as mature as the older interfaces. Often a you can use a new interface for 90% of features but also need to leave legacy interfaces in place for the remaining 10%.
- Licencing of the product is complex and inflexible. It is not possible to change one licence type for another (e.g. email to web chat) as business needs evolve.
- Costs for maintenance and ongoing support increase over time. The vendor adds an arbitrary percentage to the cost of support each year that is in no way linked to inflation or any other price index. I know they are not the only IT vendor to do this (milking existing customers for more money each year for the same products) but it seems to punish brand loyalty rather than reward it. This will be the single biggest driver of customers away from the product over time. For any new customer thinking about PureEngage, make sure you calculate TCO over a number of years.
- Interaction Routing capabilities is second to none
- Open flexible integration available APIs
- Support department is stellar
- Better documentation
- Conversation Manager product should have ready to use solution blueprints segmented by verticals for ease of implementation
- Historical analytic products could be improved and refreshed
- Better support for open source products if used as part of a product offering. IE Elasticsearch, Cassandra etc.
- Tracks calls effectively
- Provides robust analytics on call stats
- Connects to Salesforce lightning interface
- Doesn't use AI to record calls, interrogate the content of the call and provide guidance on how to respond
- Doesn't always connect the number to the Contact in Salesforce
- Slow to initiate and clumsy to have an extra little window open
- Using Genesys IVR for enhanced capabilities in order to design dynamic IVR functions.
- Using powerful routing capabilities for voice and non-voice media channels.
- WebEngagement module as we used ClickToCall in our mobile bank application along with chat session. So that when our Customer(s) are authenticated in the mobile app, they can easily connect with our Customer representative without waiting in the queue for a long duration. It helps to decrease average waiting time and increase Service Level.
- Support team; especially e-Services segment of support which provides an immediate solution and detailed information for the specific problem. They're really taking care of the cases and provide WebEx session without asking.
- Other than product defects or bugs, we've seen that Genesys documentation can include more specific information about installation, deployment, and administration. New documents/release notes should include the previous DOC information as well. Sometimes, I've recognized that I couldn't find useful info in the new document/release note, cause it's been deleted.
- In urgent cases, Genesys should provide WebEx session and chat immediately without asking logs and other information.
- Need to improve Social Engagement module by adding new social channels. Nowadays, customers have lots of alternative channels to complain such as Instagram, YouTube, Google+. Therefore, we would like to see more alternative social media plugins in Genesys PureEngage.
- Need to improve Reporting. Real-time and Historical. Default call center statistics should be prepared as Avaya do. No need for extra configuration. Also, real and historical values should be identical.
Similarly, due to regulation, we have to use video channels for our Customer who have disabilities to contact with our Customer representative. Therefore, we have first launched Requestec WebRTC (Video) solution. However, as time goes by we will be launching Vidyo solutions in order to increase customer experience for our customers.
- Only one platform to answer clients needs through an omnicanal approach.
- Helping us to be able to blend inbound calls with back-office work to improve agent efficiency.
- Making possible and easier to improve the whole customer experience.
- Workspace Web Edition Agent Desktop on Eservices support.
Genesys PureEngage is less well suited for smaller contacts centers with lack of skilled people and lower budget.
- A unified platform for all media interaction routing and reporting.
- Nearly endless options to configure and customize the applications, user experience, and customer experience.
- Frequent upgrades and enhancements being released.
- A large number of features and options can be complex. The applications could benefit from a starting standard set where settings are designed to a "gold" standard and then changes away from that standard would only get done if there is a reason to do so.
- The sample Routing strategies and IVR application designs that come with the application gives an idea of what can be done, but they aren't a starting point for a "gold" standard design. Having the application come with a full set up starting routing strategy and IVR design would go a long way to helping organizations to start using the applications faster.
- Application logging and the large number of different applications all logging can make isolating issues very challenging.
It is used by our Marketing Dept. for outbound calling, the customer care department for handling inbound calls, and queries raised via social media.
We are now looking forward to integrating Voice assistance and chatbot functionality with Genesys .
- We have integrated our Mobile Banking App to Genesys using its GMS solution so customers can now see real time statistics / waiting time to reach the call center agents for their specific query
- We are now also working on Genesys Bot Gateway to integrate the chat bot application with Genesys, so agents can handle the chats that are not handled by chatbots. This can build an extra strong FAQ in our database
- WorkForce management and its use via Mobile banking App.
- Simplified call routing
- The solution is flexible and powerful enough to satisfy users. Such as, applying complex business rules for routing.
- IWS is customizable; each team (inbound, outbound, collection, etc.) uses a different version of IWS which is customized according to their needs.
- Social engagement tool doesn't support all social media platforms like instagram, youtube, etc.
For voice interactions, it is well suited.
* Dialer doesn't take into consideration inbound calls sent to outbound agents in predictive mode.
* Sentimental analysis doesn't support the Turkish language.
* Social engagement tool doesn't support all social media platforms like Instagram, youtube, etc.
- The most important thing is the reliable framework.
- Easy management. Well designed support portal of administration for IT.
- Easy modules for business requirements. Business departments can do some of the business decisions on the system portal.
- Genesys made continuous improvement and development of the modules.
- Silent monitoring and whisper coaching support from CCpulse.
- Automatic user import feature can be added, for example from human resources application. It would be nice if we could schedule it via Genesys admin.
- Genesys Pulse can not show statistics instantly and configurable controls in CCPulse+ are not found in CCPulse (sending email, scripting, etc.). It can be added.
- Entry-level training given in Turkey may be given advanced training.
- As an all in one solution, the whole parts of Genesys PureEngage solutions work together well as well as with third-party products.
- Reporting of all components is well structured and well designed. Also management of dashboards/applications is very easy.
- Installing, managing, and troubleshooting of environment is easy.
- Genesys PueEngare solutions have to come with video-chat ability. Of course, some good third-party solutions can be implemented but we [think] that this part should be a Genesys product.
- The web version of Genesys Agent Desktop or a toolbar with the same functionality should be developed. Nearly all enterprise applications are developed as a web application.
- End to end view of customer interaction through chat and voice. One stop shop for consolidated view of consumer interactions - chat, voice and email.
- Good soft pop capability to present relevant information for agents
- Licensing construct needs to move from perpetual and media based licensing to blended agent approach to allow fexibility
- It aggregates all the medias and provides a uniform interaction platform
- It easily integrates with third-party solutions and homemade applications to provide a seamless experience to users
- It is a very robust solution
- It is very good at providing tailor made solutions matching complex business needs. If you leverage its sdks and the Composer development platform, almost nothing is impossible. You are never stuck with a closed and limited solution.
- Applications should be migrated to micro services to facilitate day-to-day operations and improve performances and scalability.
- Some interfaces should be refreshed (wfm for instance) and even recently renewed ones could be more user friendly
- Pricing is high (it really is a premium product), some capabilities are optional and should be included in the core packages as they are key to take the most of the platform (especially the sdks and infomart)
- Routing - deliver the client interaction to the right attendant.
- Proactive - call to clients and transfer them to an intelligent IVR that can solve problems and offer new products.
- IVR - provides personalized experiences with our CRM integration.
- WFM with intervals of 10 minutes
- We really liked to use Kate but is very difficult to use new Genesys products in Brazil because our Genesys partner doesn't have to know how to implement it. With Genesys Brazil support I hope that we can implement it.
- I, as a Genesys client, would like to get access to Genesys Care portal.
- Possibilities to integrate with a legacy system are easy
- You can customize the routing strategy in a lot of ways
- User Interface: Genesys Administrator is an old platform and is not user-friendly for configuration.
- Outbound is missing a lot of basic features and campaign administration is too complex for a business user.
- Sometimes Genesys is linked to third-party software that is not always stable.
1) Customer journey and contextual routing
2) Integration with a legacy system
2) User administration
- It accepts seamless unified & customized reporting.
- It works well with other features of the business, CRM and Genesys Interactive Workspace.
- Customer engagement has been achieved effectively.
- We have just started using the system so no cons available for now.
- Omnichannel according to me is the greatest strength of Genesys PureEngage. All components are Genesys components, allowing for seamless unified & customized reporting and a great customer experience.
- Genesys is an open system, therefore, can integrate with various aspects of our business. For instance, we have completely integrated Genesys with our existing CRM solution.
- The ease of managing the day to day operation, dashboard customization, etc, are a value add.
- Honestly, since we are a new implementation, we have not yet encountered any cons.
We recommend the solution because we are a banking and finance providing company, and PureEngage enables us to run Genesys within our own premises on our own terms and conditions through our compliency strategy.
- Compliant with finance market regulations
- Multichannel enabled with different flavours
- Support for integration with other platforms
- Huge echo system around
- Sip endpoint based environment using Sip proxy
- Gem solution more American then European
- Including more social media based support like WhatsApp
Our Genesys solution is currently integrated with CRM and other Scripting platforms in order to offer a pseudo omni-channel solution.
- Supported through multiple VoIP vendors
- Focused on the high market solutions
- New version support virtualization
- Stable, but with bumpy starts
- Support out of the box integration with cloud CRMs
- More extensive APIs for Email and Voice
- Dynamic and do-it-yourself reports
It's well suited where we have a multitude of VoiIP solutions throughout the organization and/or an installed base of contact center modules.
I would advise it when the client would already have a centralized Genesys platform and wanted to incorporate more locations to its enterprise. For example when we have an installed base and the client just wants to buy a new PBX, no matter the manufacturer of the PBX. We are using the platform for our Contact Center outsourcing services. We are using Genesys as an ACD and CTI. For the other modules like for example Scripting and Reporting we are using other solutions that were built internally.
- Genesys Contact Center Portfolio allows us to easily configure complicated routing designs.
- Genesys Contact Center Portfolio allows us to easily forecast resource requirements based on historical trends.
- Genesys Contact Center Portfolio provides us user friendly, out-of-the box reporting for real-time call and agent availability monitoring.
- Some features I would like to see BCBS of TN take advantage of in the future include agent dashboard reporting and management dashboard reporting, including real-time metrics and historical metrics.
- Additional features I would like to see BCBS of TN take advantage of in the future include integration with employee HR systems and Genesys Contact Center Portfolio for time off requests.
- Lastly, I would like to see BCBS of TN take advantage of management alert notifications when call queues reach a specific wait time by email or to a dedicated monitoring board.
- Genesys offers integrated tools for every part of the contact center space - inbound voice, outbound voice, SMS, chat, social media, IVR, workflow, analytics, etc. If you choose to use all of their tools, you will minimize integration issues and avoid having to configure your contact center objects on multiple different platforms.
- Genesys provides end-to-end visibility of customer contacts and maintains the context of these customer contacts with attached data. Analysis of Infomart data can provide great insights into your business.
- Genesys solutions are extremely powerful and customizable. Companies can be very creative with their Genesys solution. The way Genesys is implemented at a company can be a competitive differentiator.
- Genesys is committed to the contact center space. It is the only thing that the company does, so I feel confident that they will still be around in 5, 10, or 20 years.
- Because their product spectrum is so broad, technical support can be spotty.
- Full product integration of products that Genesys has acquired from other companies can take a long time.
- Genesys does not prescribe how to use their products. Most companies will need to invest in a well-trained internal Genesys development and support team or outsource it to Genesys or a 3rd party VAR.
- Genesys Voice platform enables flexibility in organisations call flows.
- Reporting solutions are very good.
- Call routing, if designed in efficient way by separate customer data layer, it works with great flexibility.
- With SCI management layer is easy to manage.
- Great routing flexibility.
- IVR solutions by studio and composer.
- Stat tables for business hours can be designed in better way.
Genesys PureEngage Scorecard Summary
About Genesys PureEngage
Genesys PureEngage Technical Details