Reviews (1-25 of 48)
- Great support
- Has all the GEO locations I need
- In 5 years only once I needed a specific location that was not available
- Different login interface. When you enter your username (email address) then leave the interface to look for the password - the username disappears.
- Have to re-login often.
In addition to adjusting our geo settings, GeoSurf is also used for mobile emulation. With an increasing number of mobile campaigns, it's helpful to easily switch your browser into a 'mobile device' (e.g. Apple iPhone 6).
- Flexibility to switch countries (if you need another country on your GeoSurf account, you can easily send a request to your GeoSurf contact).
- Mobile Emulation.
- Great support!
- Experienced problems with the GeoSurf toolbar in several browsers (it's currently not working in Chrome for example).
- Missing an overview of the contract (can't see how many countries we can add/how many change requests we can send, etc.).
-Possibility to make screenshots of the campaign to show the advertiser that the campaign is live and showing on preferred inventory.
-Tackle Geo-settings that are applied on the banner (not showing up except if you're in the country).
Mobile campaign management
-Easily switch your browser into a mobile device (e.g. Apple - iPhone 6).
- GeoSurf is redirecting web traffic really well in order to simulate browsing from alternative locations.
- GeoSurf has a good interface and is very easy to set up and adjust.
- GeoSurf provides a very large number of possible VPN locations all around the globe.
- One main thing to improve is that when GeoSurf is turned ON it routes traffic from idle browser tabs too. Would be best if only active tabs traffic is being redirected.
- A widget to monitor traffic in real-time would be nice.
- A way to program it to turn on/off the IP routing at specific times would be nice.
- Many items in country list
- Fast connection
- Works well for IOS 9.x
- Some proxy servers are not available from time-to-time
- County list could be extended
- Does not work for IOS 10.x, since PPTP was removed from IOS, and GeoSurf did not provide any other solution.
- GeoSurf allows us to connect to our products the same way it was experienced by connecting from a different country, with latency and ISP limits.
- It allows us to check blacklist and whitelist IPs and countries.
- It is allowing us to reproduce real user complaints with success.
- We need to have ability to check some other geolocation checks with simulation of GPS coordinates and other checks.
- GeoSurf is a powerful tool that allows us to switch from the different versions of our websites in country to country very quickly.
- It has a very easy-to-use interface and toolbar which makes changing countries very easy.
- GeoSurf has a mobile view which allows us to see what mobile content looks like in a given country within a web browser.
- Occasionally a country will stop working for periods of time. They usually come back eventually, but can be a bit annoying when you need to see content in that country.
- GeoSurf can interfere with the default browser proxy settings and interfere with loading content when it is turned off.
- It's not really a GeoSurf problem, rather an issue on our company network, but some of my team are unable to access one country in particular, and we are having trouble getting this issue sorted by our IT team.
- Simple and intuitive interface, very easy to switch between proxies.
- There is an Android app that can be used with the same account.
- More locations or alternative servers can always be arranged, if need be.
- There is no iOS app which is a big gap and we need an alternative product for such devices.
- Our subscriptions is with shared and limited bandwidth, some users forget to turn off GeoSurf when they are done with the proxy thus incurring unnecessary costs. Would be good to have some reality checks implemented to avoid unintended long session.
- The Android interface is little outdated, although it's still simple and quick to use. I'd prefer slightly more modern design, including usage statistics.
- Allows us to use real flows and real banking information for final review of products before shipping to a geo beta territory.
- On mobile, the app UI is a little confusing and not that easy for some of our users to understand. First time users usually need a little hand holding.
- Offers IP of locations without being there
- Easy tool to use
- Doesn't work well on Chrome
- Need to offer more IPs per popular locations (they get burnt)
- The IPs appear as satellite - this also doesn't project a real and accurate picture
- Well suited on a browser
- Less suited on a VPN
- Easy to use
- Fast and reliable service
- Good range of localizations
- Show the IP after choosing a localisation.
- Set different IP for each tab of the browser. Good to compare different tabs/localizations.
- Test different jurisdictions/localisations
- Good range of counties available
- Fast proxy
- It provides solutions for both web browsers (AdClarity) and any given device. We use it to test Xbox games, iPhones and websites.
- The AdClarity browser plugin is convenient and fast to connect.
- After training, anyone can use a GeoSurf solution.
- It has been very difficult to set up GeoSurf for a device like an Xbox or Playstation, requiring significant experimentation and multiple devices daisy-chained and we needed to write detailed integration guides for testers. Device-specific solutions or guides would help tremendously.
- Well-suited for testing and demonstrating any product on any device for worldwide compliance.
- Can be used for latency testing, but there are probably better solutions available.
- Probably not as well suited for privacy; could be used like Private Internet Access, but I haven't seen general adoption of GeoSurf for that purpose. This would not help with my role at Disney though.
- Well suited for testing in another country.
- Not so great for testing in a specific region or zip code.
- Simulate network requests from different parts of the world in order to see how our tech performs from different regions.
- Test how our system behaves with when operated from client devices that identify as from different world regions.
- Test security and fraud prevention systems that handle global IP ranges differently.
- Operate web crawlers anonymously and legally.
- We sometimes receive proxies to blacklisted IP addresses that we can't use.
For crawlers, GeoSurf is OK but TrustedProxies.com provided some more attractive features and pricing.
- More than 120 locations of choice.
- Better than VPN because they have actual servers in the locations.
- More than one IP can be used per mobile device.
- Expensive monthy cost.
- Really only fit for large to mid sized organizations.
- No individual plans for independent/small businesses.
- Has the ability to select multiple countries
- Has more than one connection in larger countries for better reliability and coverage
- Connects with little issues and at a fast speed
- Does not disconnect user on any instance
- Not all countries are available
- Some countries fail to connect because of software update
- Speeds begin to slow at early evening times
- Monitor ads specific to your area or whatever location you are using.
- Browser toolbar makes the job easier.
- Mobile app works just as well.
- Emulate mobile environment
- Emulate different geo locations
- Ease of mobile emulation
- Ease of geo location changes
- I don't really like the part where all the tabs are refreshed when i initiate emulation to either mobile or geo location. I tend to have multiple tabs opened and this is really frustrating.
- I noticed I tend to get logged out using the Chrome toolbar. Is there really a need to log a user out from the toolbar?
Geo location changes are really easy to execute.
CAN BE BETTER:
Mobile emulation could be better if it can also adjust view screen to the actual device size. Currently, I suppose it only masquerades the user agent. A full-size desktop mobile emulated browser isn't going to be the same as a physical mobile device.
- Logging in - very easy.
- Selecting a country - very easy.
- Quick access through control panel.
- I would like to be able to use Geosurf on a a particular window, rather than having that IP active on all windows. This would enable me to make comparisons between different countries simultaneously.
GeoSurf Scorecard Summary
The GeoSurf Premium Gateway is an IP geolocation solution for global businesses. Users can validate, QA, and monitor their geo-targeted content from over 120 locations and be confident that what they’re seeing is an accurate portrayal of what’s really happening.
Secure and private
Because the vendor owns all of the servers on their premium proxy network and host them in tier 1 backbone data centers around the world, they tout a totally secure browsing experience for all users, with high levels of reliability, availability, and security. The vendor signs legally binding agreements with customers that their search history and any other data will never be released or used for any purpose.
Committed to customer service and support
The vendor says GeoSurf account managers are always available and constantly and consistently committed to service and support. Account managers ensure that every department knows the best way to utilize GeoSurf for their specific needs.
GeoSurf is designed to provide accurate and reliable results. GeoSurf does not alter the ads or content users see in any way when surfing the web in different locations, which the vendor says is a differentiator from competitors.
Interested in Enterprise plan? Contact the vendor for details.
GeoSurf Support Options
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
GeoSurf Technical Details
|Deployment Types:||On-premise, SaaS|
|Operating Systems:||Windows, Linux, Mac|
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android, Mobile Web|
|Supported Countries:||More then 120 countries supported|