February 06, 2018
GEOVIA Surpac Review: "Excellent software: easy to use and learn. More limited in functionality than main rivals but trade offs can be worth it"
Score 9 out of 10
[I] Used Surpac in order to model iron ore exploration projects. Mapped easily to MS Access database and imported DTMs for fast and accurate drawings of a section.
- Tracing borehole logs with graphically presented data
- Linking/mapping of data sets
- Interface is good, but could always be improved
- Occasionally a little buggy when mapping DBs
- Extensive additional module list; can customise experience and therefore cost but some would expect certain features as standard
Read this authenticated review
I have only used it for exploration projects but understand that with additional modules (such as pit design and production rates) it can be used for production schedules too. The software acts as a central interface for all of the drilling data from the borehole trace with customisable graphics or traces alongside (e.g.: geology, mag sus, assay results, struc info, etc) to the exporting of sections for field interp or planning; and resource block modeling.