Gephi - For MetricsI basically use it for my research on real world networks. My professor helped me in learning about Gephi initially. I use it for calculating centrality metrics on my edge lists. It is not used organizational level. My professor advised me to use this.,As far as my experience gephi provides good mathematical results in calculating Metrics Its helpful as we can directly import our data which is in a .csv file Saving the analyzed data to a .csv is a plus. Its easy to run all the metrics by single click We can filter the columns of metrics and we can export only those we need.,Visualization. Not much graphical as of now in Gephi UI can be much improved. Gets confused between different tabs when used after a long gap.,7,CytoScape,5,Faster access No Idea about the Business as I am not using it in an organizational level,8Gephi - graph visualization's gateway drugI am the only one using Gephi in my medium-sized company with a relatively large Data team. I needed a graph visualization software and, after looking briefly at a few reviews and features, I chose Gephi and love it. I'm still the only one using it at my company, though, because the application is still pretty advanced research for us.,Gephi's UI, built-in layout, and built-in clustering algorithms make it very easy to get started with (assuming you have some really data and real questions you want answered). Gephi's force atlas layout algorithm and MCL (Louvain) clustering algorithm are both very fast, which I think is crucial for a data visualization tool, because it allows you to play with your data and do intuitive analysis. Gephi's visualization is pretty (and intuitive), which helped me sell the clustering techniques to un-initiated and non-technical managers and executives. Gephi has a pretty large community of support, so when I learn about other clustering algorithms/visualization techniques, it often already exists in a Gephi plug-in.,I (and many others) have had to expand Gephi's memory manually by experimenting with the configuration file. I'm glad it's possible, but it should be easier. Gephi sometimes crashes inexplicably and loses your work, so I have developed a habit of explicitly exporting versions of my graphs as csv's, but I think this should be handled automatically in Gephi. Because it is prone to crash, ideally, Gephi would help the user manage his/her use, by estimating processing and memory for very large tasks and prompting the user to confirm their requests before executing. Instead, I just tend to avoid certain functions.,7,,9,1,8Gui-Based Graph Builder That Anyone Can UseCurrently, Gephi is being used by the IT Business Systems group and perhaps a few members of Research and Product Development. The IT group is always looking for new and interesting ways to visualize our data, and Gephi was the first tool I found that had a quick and easy way to load and analyze data from a graph-centric point of view. The data i played with was a mixture of both traditional business data (financials, customer support, et al) and some DNA sequence data. I shared some of the graphing models with colleagues throughout the lab, and a few of the scientists with a math background gave Gephi for a test run as well. They too are also on the hunt for new/cool ways to visually represent sequence data.,In comparison to other tools such as GraphWiz or Circos, Gephi comes with an intuitive, easy-to-use interface that makes it easy to load your data, and quickly start building all sorts of different graphs. There's absolutely no code that needs to be written for either loading or modeling. And without downloading additional plug-ins, Gephi ships with quite a few standard graph models, as well as some "fun" extras such as the Sierpinski triangle, and a variety of force atlas types. Most of the layout types (maybe all) are highly configurable, which can make for extremely customized and unique displays of your data. Again, none of this requires the user to write any code. That said, it is possible to script custom functionality for your models, or even update the Java source code yourself, if you feel like getting technical. Gephi builds are available on GitHub, and the developers encourage people to contribute ideas, improvements, and plug-ins. There's a plug-in for Gephi that allows for streaming data to update your model. This essentially allows you to create near realtime graphs of your data in motion. This plug-in was by far the biggest reaston we invested time in the product; to create animated data visualizations without exhaustive hours in development.,At one point, there was an issue with files built in earlier builds not working in newer builds. I typically like to update products as soon as updates are available, but i wound up having to run separate version of Gephi if i wanted to check out what was new. Any models built in prior versions would then have to be recreated in newer versions if I wanted to leverage new features. Documentation; you can never have enough of it. Since much of the product is being built by a variety of contributors, it's hard to document how all the features and plug-ins work. It would be great if the the Gephi team could find a body of resources to manage some sort of global product documentation. There are plenty of 3rd party videos and documents online, however, that do cover some of the specifics.,10,,8,8Network Analysis with GephiI have used Gephi personally, for my own research. I have a 2014 paper published in the Journal of Theoretical Biology in which I present a network map plotted with Gephi (Hala and Huggett 2014).,Excellent construction and visualization of network graphs. Excellent 'mapping' of edge weights to network graphs. Convenient calculations of graph metrics such as degree and betweenness centrality.,Maybe an easier way to import data. I had to import source data as a Pajek file.,9,Gephi produces very high quality images that are suitable for publication in high tier journals.,,9Gephi reviewI worked for a digital media startup doing political and consumer brand analysis. I used Gephi for network analysis of relationships between facebook and twitter users to do GOTV outreach. I am now in insurance recovery auditing and plan to use it for analysis of commonalities between patient pools and providers who overcharge for services.,Define strength of relationships based on custom weighting variables. Common algorithms for defining connectedness Visualizations run on a spreadsheet-formatted table, which makes use more intuitive to non-programming experts,Would like to see better documentation on the product in general. Make spreadsheet-based data backend more user friendly Better options for tailoring predefined algorithms. Needs to have direct hookup to live data sources (SQL server, Hadoop, Google Analytics, etc),7,Led to more accurate GOTV programs by visualizing social linkagers between potential voters.,NodeXL,8Gephi for analyzing Social Media - EducationI used Gephi primarily during my graduate study for a course on Analyzing social media network. I have used Gephi along with Node XL for studying social media networks primarily Facebook and Twitter. It was also used during the final project for determining patterns in hash-tags used via Twitter, Facebook and Instagram during natural calamity and how that aided government and other organizations (radio channels) in sending important message across masses.,Visualization of any graph based network. A visual network is easier to comprehend than have a table displaying the relation It provides several algorithms that can help in data clustering based on the input parameters (no. of nodes, degree and such). There are several statistics that can be run on the data to obtain useful information like betweenness, modularity, avg. degree which prove crucial for analysis,NodeXL is a similar tool as part of Microsoft Excel and it provides a feature of connecting with social media websites and extracting data from there, however Gephi depends on third-party apps for such service.,7,I have only used the product for education purposes. I will not be the best person to provide details about ROI and business efficiency and customer service. I was personally very excited about the tool and am continuing my work on the tool.,,5Successful Data Visualization Student Project w/GephiI used Gephi as a student for an information systems/data-focused course. I chose an organization that ran events and then performed a network analysis on their networking event attendees in order to identify key influencers and strategies on how to grow the organization.,Easy to filter the data based on different criteria. Good for data visualization of networks. Easy to zoom into different nodes.,A friend helped me to import that data -this process was outside my expertise. The UI took some time getting used to. I spent a while formatting my graph before I could really obtain a good view of the network. I would like an easier way to organize the different views of the data, I had a lot of tabs open that quickly cluttered my workspace.,7,None,4Good Product worth usingI took the Social Networks Analytics course in my Master's degree and found it very comfortable and good to work with.,Gephi is a very strong analytical tool, work so well with huge data. Graphical repesentation of analysed data was good and easy understandable. Work with many number of degrees,Not readable,8,Can manage huge amounts of data Very good graphical representation,,9Amazing Tool To Create Dynamic DashboardsMy team used Gephi to report customer level spend pattern and behavior for a large consumer cards base. We used Gephi to create dynamic dashboards that can present some amazing data visualization and clearly bring out the story and position a strong case for further exploration.,Wide variety of Dynamic Graphs & Charts Handling large volume of data and making it almost real-time, fast without and delay in intraction with the charts Ability to work on geospatial data,Ease of integration with traditional statistical data sets, like raw SAS datasets Need high end laptops with larger memory to be able to get the best experience,8,Efficient and Faster Decisioning Inputs to Executive Dashboard,Excel,IBM Cognos,7
Gephi
<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring' target='_blank' rel='nofollow noopener noreferrer'>trScore algorithm: Learn more.</a>TRScore

Gephi Reviews

Gephi

Do you work for this company?

Showing 9 of 16 Gephi ratings and reviews.

Timothy Perisho profile photo

Likelihood to Renew

I understand better what Gephi is for and I might start using other solutions to actually operationalize the techniques I've developed in Gephi. However, I will probably always use Gephi to experiment with new graph-based data, to make beautiful graph visualizations, or to test new graph analysis techniques. Because of its speed and ease of use, I think of it now as my scratchpad for graph visualization.
Read Timothy Perisho's full review
Ben Huntley profile photo

Likelihood to Renew

While Gephi isn't perfect, it's a powerful tool for mathematical graph modelling that's hard to find in other products, particularly by way of its interface. It grants non-software developers access to a point-and-click way of creating accurate, beautiful visualizations that would normally take hours in other applications. The fact that it allows for live streaming data is also something that's hard to come by, at least for visualization software.
Read Ben Huntley's full review
David Hala profile photo

Likelihood to Renew

My work is deeply involved with the network analysis of biochemical networks. Gephi provides an excellent platform with which to display various network properties.
Read David Hala's full review

Pixel Perfect reports (1)
Customizable dashboards (2)
Report Formatting Templates (3)
Drill-down analysis (2)
Formatting capabilities (3)
2.2
Integration with R or other statistical packages (1)
Report sharing and collaboration (1)
Publish to Web (1)
Publish to PDF (2)
Report Versioning (1)
Pre-built visualization formats (heatmaps, scatter plots etc.) (3)
Location Analytics / Geographic Visualization (2)
3.1
Predictive Analytics (1)
Multi-User Support (named login) (1)

About Gephi