Score 7.8 out of 10

What is GetResponse?

GetResponse Review

September 14, 2018
We are using GetResponse for creating landing pages, capturing user responses, and it is also very useful for doing analytics. Also we are …

• Email deliverability reporting (41)
  • WYSIWYG email editor (20)
  • Dashboards (21)
  • Mobile optimization (21)

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of GetResponse, and make your voice heard!

FREE

per month Up to 1,000 contacts

PLUS

$59

per month Up to 1,000 contacts

For the latest information on pricing, visithttps://www.getresponse.com/pricing

Starting price (does not include set up fee)

• $19 per month

Product Demos

Free online marketing tools for your business - GetResponse Free
02:25

Features

Email & Online Marketing

Using software to manage lists, send emails, automate email campaigns and track results.

8.6Avg 7.6

Reporting & Analytics

Users can report on and analyze usage, performance, ROI, and/or other metrics of success.

8.2Avg 7.4

What is GetResponse?

GetResponse is an online marketing platform optimized for use by small businesses. It provides tools which support email marketing, autofunnel, landing pages, marketing automation, webinars, autoresponders, and enterprise marketing needs. Its key email marketing features allow users to send email newsletters, campaigns, online surveys, and follow-up autoresponders.

GetResponse is designed to be an all-in-one online marketing tool which unifies email marketing and online campaign management tools for managing sales, maximizing ROI, and using online marketing effectively.

Key Integrations
  • WooCommerce
  • Etsy
  • PrestaShop

GetResponse Video

With GetResponse Free, businesses and entrepreneurs have the chance to start or move their businesses online. Then they can attract their first leads and grow their business via the GetResponse free online marketing tools! Get started FOR FREE today: https://bit.ly/3m7GeTe H...

GetResponse Integrations

GetResponse Competitors

GetResponse Technical Details

Deployment TypesSoftware as a Service (SaaS), Cloud, or Web-Based

GetResponse starts at $19.

MailerLite, AWeber, and ActiveCampaign are common alternatives for GetResponse.

Reviewers rate List management highest, with a score of 9.3.

The most common users of GetResponse are from Small Businesses (1-50 employees).

Attribute Ratings

Jeff Smith | TrustRadius Reviewer
GetResponse is perfect for small to medium businesses. For a large business, it certainly could be used in some areas. One example would be for clients that are looking to get started with email marketing. I would not expect it to run a business as Salesforce or Keep. However, GetResponse is robust enough and has a solid suite of tools that would serve a medium or small business quite well. And of course, if a company is just looking for an email marketing solution GetResponse would be ideal. And to go even further, depending on the level of service you use, GetResponse has the potential to do things you might have been using separate tools for. Building funnels, the ability to host webinars, building landing pages. It's all there and it is priced very well.
GetResponse is great for list building within your audience and also for sending emails at the perfect time. GetResponse is fairly user-friendly and does not take long to learn. Their website also is a great resource for learning other features of the tool and it is definitely worth checking out.
We signed with GetResponse at the beginning of the year for a full year, looking for something more robust than what we were previously using. I enjoyed the layout of their autoresponders, and after playing around in the free version, we decided it could be a good fit for us. Signed in January and experienced some problems off the bat (but I'm patient and I understand launching takes some time... no problems). We imported all of our contacts -- several thousand -- and our lists were rejected. Strange, as these were legitimate contacts from company sources that I had been emailing for years successfully. I imported them in smaller chunks and found more success, until we were told in February that our account was under review for spam behavior. To resolve, we allowed them to 'clean' our lists -- legitimately cut from 15k to 6k, and began to use their recommended BriteVerify to clean our lists before adding in the future. Frustrating, time consuming, not ideal... but we had already paid for the year and didn't have the budget to change email services. Their drag and drop editor gave us a lot of grief most days, but besides that we didn't have any more rejected lists, and no issues I was aware of until this morning, I received an email letting us know our account has been deactivated, we cannot get our email lists or templates back from our accounts, cannot log in, and a refund will not be issued. To say we are frustrated is an extreme understatement. I've seen their awards, success stories, top 10 email service provider mentions... The truth is that they are unwilling to work with customers who are unhappy and provide no legitimate warnings before terminating services. Now we are stuck without an email service provider (that we paid for through December) in the middle of several Marketing campaigns, and with a limited budget to find someone else for the remainder of the year.
Robert Foreman | TrustRadius Reviewer
Choosing email marketing software is a personal choice: it's a matter of what clicks with you technically and aesthetically. If you don't need or want to embed video into your email campaigns, then GetResponse is as good of a provider as any. It's affordable, easy to use and the online tutorials are great.
Mohammed Anzil | TrustRadius Reviewer
GetResponse is best if you are running a small business. If you are a serious blogger, GetResponse could be a great companion for you. The dashboard is easy to read. The drag and drop features are straightforward. Even if you are new to email marketing tools, you can still use GetResponse like a professional.

One thing to note is that the customer support will take 2 or 3 days to get responses back to your queries and complaints.
Barry Feldman | TrustRadius Reviewer
GetResponse is good for marketing automation newbies that want a powerful platform without a steep learning curve. It appears to have a strong set of tools for creating automated sequences, but it's not your solution for large enterprise usage. Also, seeing as how competitive the market's become, while it's not expensive per se, it is a bit on the pricey side relative to some.
Rares Man | TrustRadius Reviewer
GetResponse is ideal if you are working with a website integration and are looking for simple behavioural automation, however, if your website/ platform provides the user with many features that different that result in a generally very complicated possible customer journey on your website, then I recommend either looking at other servicer or fully exploring all the features of GetResponse.

In means of the user interface, it is generally friendly and simple to use, nevertheless, |I often had to refer to customer support as it is not as intuitive as it might first seem.

Andrew Walker | TrustRadius Reviewer
It is suitable for small businesses to automate email marketing. It has a nice visual designer for funnels so it can help get a better idea of overall layout and flow of a funnel. It has some limitations for more complex scenarios, but they are typically served by more expensive products such as infusionsoft.
Brock Ross | TrustRadius Reviewer
GetResponse is well-suited for building extremely basic emails in industries where design may be less of a concern--business-to-business in the industrial sector, maybe? For emails going straight to consumers where design needs to be pleasant, and directly lead to a sale, I wouldn't recommend GetResponse. Other more powerful and up-to-date email services will do a much better job helping the average person create a beautiful and functional newsletter.
David Faustina | TrustRadius Reviewer
Gurus best not taint this all in one system. It feels as though all the gurus use GR at one point or another and that honestly gave me pause to not try this software a second time. I’m glad I did. The first exposure I had was from a trial period a year before my decision to try it again. After a really bad customer Service rep experience and subsequent back and forth communications, i was badly soured. Then I received a letter from the CEO apologizing and saying they should have done better. This was class act all the way. I tip my hat to that kind of leadership. It caused me to go for a second trial. My initial bad reviews are now positive. Amazing what a Customer Service department can do for your company, both ways. My recent trial was filled with discovery and this is a truly easy to use and full platform. Great for authors and book releases, ecomm businesses and even nonprofits for fund development.
Ron Edmonds | TrustRadius Reviewer
GetResponse is a low-cost marketing automation/email marketing solution. I(f you need automation and website tracking in addition to basic email marketing, GetResponse is a strong contender. It also includes a strong landing page creation tool. If you need marketing automation and have a limited budget, this is one to strongly consider. On the other hand, if you need the high-end tools offered by HubSpot and others, you will likely be disappointed.
Nicholas De Salvo | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use GetResponse with our marketing clients who need a versatile marketing tool beyond sending monthly newsletters. If a client fits into a free tier of a different email marketing company and sends out less than 15 emails per year, GetResponse is probably overkill. However, once a client starts building a bigger list and requires more contact GetResponse is a good option.
Michelle Braun | TrustRadius Reviewer
GetResponse was a great tool for me as a solopreneur. Their pricing was scaleable. When I first started, I didn't have a big list and the price was low. As my list (and profits) grew, my GR investment increased. And all their free training helped me grow my list.
GetResponse is a great tool to use for smaller companies just getting into email marketing. For companies who are much more email focused, and send out more than 10 campaigns a day, they would want a more robust program to house all their segmenting and suppression needs.
Vitaliy Vinogradov | TrustRadius Reviewer
GetResponse is well suited for a simple platform for online marketing for smaller lists. It is not well suited for large volume mailing. I recommend self hosting or using an alternative such as Mandrill. Pricing is pretty fair, I would say for the results you get there is very few that offer a service that is comparable for the price.
Great for beginners in email, UI is simple. Pricing is fair and not that expensive at all. Not so good if you do not know how to code or do not have a developer handy because the templates need to be coded, if you want to transfer your old ones, from a prior platform.