Great Feature-Rich Software

There are a ton of great features. I really like how I'm able to integrate directly into my website.

[Gist] takes some getting used to …

Gist Review

We are using Gist as a livechat feature on our website. It helps us help our customers on the go as soon as they have any sort of questions.

So glad I've found Gist!

I have been with Gist since the days when it was called Convertfox. I use it on all my sites to communicate with potential as well as …

A fine contender

I used Gist last year to manage my email newsletter program, and also tested it for live chat. Ultimately, I decided not to offer live …

Professional

per month

Premium

per month

For the latest information on pricing, visithttps://getgist.com/pricing

What is Gist?

Gist is a unified marketing, sales, and support platform that helps organizations engage and lead their audience through the entire journey from website visitor to happy customer.

The vendor’s value proposition is that their solution is an affordable product on the market that ties live chat, a help desk, knowledge base, email marketing, marketing automation, opt-in forms, and more into one easy-to-use tool.

Gist Features

• Supported: Event Tracking

Gist Screenshots

Live ChatEmail MarketingMarketing Automation WorkflowsKnowledge BaseMeetings

Gist Video

Engage and Lead your Audience through the Entire Customer Lifecycle with a Single Source of Truth.

Gist Integrations

Gist Competitors

Gist Technical Details

Mobile ApplicationApple iOS, Android
Supported CountriesAll
Supported LanguagesEnglish

Alternatives

What is Gist?

Gist is a unified marketing, sales, and support platform. It includes live chat, a help desk, knowledge base, email marketing, marketing automation, opt-in forms, and more.

What is Gist's best feature?

Reviewers rate Support Rating highest, with a score of 8.4.

Who uses Gist?

The most common users of Gist are from Small Businesses and the Marketing & Advertising industry.

Laszlo Csukas | TrustRadius Reviewer
Well, honestly the main differentiator was the friendlier pricing. Gist does not have the same heavy foundation as ActiveCampaign has but Gist is constantly evolving so we can't complain.
Also, the super responsive support is helping us to trust in the company and its future.
The powerful feature set and the implementation is sometimes over deliver than we excepted.
Jonathan Teixeira | TrustRadius Reviewer
  • Drift
We went with Gist because it had the features we needed at a price we liked. The feature list has grown over time, which is really appreciated. We joined Gist a long time ago (it was still called ConvertFox back then) and have been happy customers for a long time. Happy with the decision we made.
Michael Storzieri | TrustRadius Reviewer
Gist is much more than a basic mailing list system with chatbot integration and automation that connects you to your prospects in real-time live from your website.
Administering your contacts on Gist is much easier with less hassle.
And Gist can integrate with most of the major emailing systems in use today.
Arpad Szucs | TrustRadius Reviewer
In this company, we've been using Gist from the start. It's performing well. At other companies, we use LiveAgent (where ticketing is more important) and native Facebook Chat integration, where we don't need to answer complicated inquiries. Gist aims to be a complete marketing solution, so it can be overkill for a small company or project but if you can justify the monthly fee, it's a great option.
Christopher Maselli | TrustRadius Reviewer
Gist is slightly slower than ActiveCampaign but MUCH easier to use than Mailchimp. Overall, you can't beat the bang for the buck you get with Gist. And its messenger bot is the best I've used, it works on not only our main site but also our subdomains, kicking the competition to the curb.
Austin Dwight | TrustRadius Reviewer
They both seem to have parity with each other with each having their own small advantages. I went with Gist because it was more affordable.

Infusionsoft customer for almost 5 years and it seemed I was always working more on getting it to work instead of getting work done. Gist is so intuitive I had it setting up and running the basics in a few hours.
Alvaro Asprilla | TrustRadius Reviewer
Gist is better because easy of use and pricing. Hands down. It has an unbeatable cost-benefit ratio. Customer service has been with us since we started using it. That's great. For us, shortcomings such as no CRM are manageable. We like its front end appearance and customization features. With Gist we have "All The Tools To Build A Successful Online Business." We say that's for real.
September 25, 2020

Gist Review

We've used Dashly and Tawk.to. Gist looks better than Tawk and that's the reason we switched from Tawk to Gist. But the feature that puts Gist above Dashly is the ability to collect user names and emails before they start the chat automatically. It is important for our business to know who we're talking to. I just wish we could have it white-labeled like we can with Dashly.
Kejda Gjermani | TrustRadius Reviewer
You can do everything you can with AC or Mailchimp (minus dynamic cart recovery for ecom) at a fraction of the cost, and you can do MORE -- better integration with FB ads than Mailchimp, more powerful workflows, unified inboxes, live chat and chatbot, etc. It's just a more holistic solution and better price point. Support is excellent too.
Gist is my first email and chat multi-purpose automated SAAS tool so can't really comment on others I've tried. They came recommended to me by an entrepreneurial group I am a member of. Anecdotally I evaluated it against ActiveCampaign and Mailchimp and it was far better in terms of functionality for my needs.
Gist a more integrated and unified product for Sass companies. Some competitors don't have strong chat + email automation + help desk. Other competitors have the features, but they are not well integrated. Gist has integrated complete customer contact with a very finished product. Lastly, the Gist App is simply better designed than the competitors. It is fast and simple -- a joy to use.
Having a support ticket system is good and will help you resolve issues but, having an all-in-one tool that can let you not only resolve an issue but also to go above and beyond with customer support that later on translates into sales is priceless. That is the kind of tool that I am looking for and Gist can deliver this while the other tools can't.
February 25, 2020

A fine contender

Michael Kwan | TrustRadius Reviewer
I have a lifetime deal with Gist so I may be a bit biased, but Gist is quite easy to use and has a free tier so it's worth a serious look compared to the other players on the market. Personal preference does play a big role in your final decision, as feature-wise, Gist has most things checked.
Gary Shouldis | TrustRadius Reviewer
  • Intercom
Intercom is a great customer support tool but it lacks the features that Gist has and the total cost to replicate everything you can do with Gist would cost about 3-5 times more money a month and would require several different pieces of software to implement. We tried Intercom but decided to go with Gist for the price and the ability to integrate several tools into a single dashboard.
Viktor Beall | TrustRadius Reviewer
No two email and customer automation tools are the same. They each have their little advantages so it's hard to compare them all because they all have little strengths and weaknesses.
SendinBlue is a bit more visual - both with their visual workflow editor, and their email creation tool, they are cheaper, and has more integrations, and even more simplified. But Gist offers more options for targeting, has more lead-gen features, chat tools, and supports integrations which SendinBlue does not. ActiveCampaign is much more expensive, and also has some nifty features but it's questionable if they would have all of the features that Gist would have. They are so many tools out there at this point, the only way to be sure which one would fit would be to take their trial and try it out for yourself.
Patrick Black, MAS | TrustRadius Reviewer
Gist is very similar in the feature list to HubSpot at a fraction of the cost. I have noticed that Gist seems to be releasing new features and improvements more frequently too. With HubSpot, you are paying to have a "dedicated account rep" which isn't needed for those who are capable to do it yourself. Besides, Gist makes it so easy, anyone can do it themselves.
Ian Keir | TrustRadius Reviewer
Gist has a lot of similarities to HubSpot (and it feels a lot like a lite version of HubSpot). It has many of the same features and functionality of HubSpot (forms, chat, emails, and knowledge base, for example). I like that it's much more affordable than HubSpot and still does the same job. I selected Gist for the features and price.